PDA

View Full Version : Adamantite Body feat.

NelKor
2010-08-18, 12:11 AM
Me again with another question, seems like i come here every day with one.. just run so many campaignes at once, anyways. The Warforged body feats, do you actually require proficiency with the armours or will you still take the drawbacks of non proficiency?

Thanks in Advance.

Kyeudo
2010-08-18, 01:32 AM
RAW? You recieve no drawbacks beyond those listed. They don't give an armor check penalty, just give a penalty on all skills to which armor check would apply. You only take penalties for non-proficiency equal to the armor check penalty. Since they don't have an armor check penalty, no penalty for non-proficiency.

Halae
2010-08-18, 03:29 AM
RAW? You recieve no drawbacks beyond those listed. They don't give an armor check penalty, just give a penalty on all skills to which armor check would apply. You only take penalties for non-proficiency equal to the armor check penalty. Since they don't have an armor check penalty, no penalty for non-proficiency.

And you are therefore proficient with your own body. It just bogs you down a bit. Natch.

0Megabyte
2010-08-18, 03:49 AM
Yeah, what they said.

You're proficient with it. It isn't really armor. It's just the way your body is made. I think it still causes spell failure the same way armor does, however.

Tetrasodium
2010-08-18, 05:40 AM
Q: Dear Sage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20070123a),
Does a warforged with the Adamantine Body feat need to have Heavy Armor Proficiency in order to avoid suffering penalties for wearing heavy armor?
--Matthias

A: No.

The Adamantine Body feat resembles heavy armor in many ways, but it doesn’t require you to have any special proficiency.

I'm sure it's probably in one of the eberron books too somewhere :)