PDA

View Full Version : starwars saga playing a extinct race

Prax4788
2010-08-18, 06:04 AM
im looking to play an extinct race were in the old republic time now and playing a jedi

the game is played to go from time line to timeline playing eather our fallowers children and so on

my question is can anything think of a way to bring back a extinct race (the taung) so i can play as one of them

clone and sith tech are not out of the question

hamishspence
2010-08-18, 06:09 AM
In the novel Crosscurrent, a ship's hyperdrive malfunctions- so instead of going into hyperspace, it just comes very close to the speed of light, resulting in time dilation.

As a result, a ship from 5000 years before, ends up in the present, with the crew unaware that time has passed- result, they get a big surprise.

This might be one way.

darkpuppy
2010-08-18, 06:09 AM
Well, since I've never seen anything in the canon which explicitly states the Taung actually completely died out, sure. And besides, there's Rule 0: Fun comes over rules, even canon.

shiram
2010-08-18, 10:03 AM
In a game i am playing, one of the pc is from the old republic, and we play in Legacy era.
He was trapped in a Sith coffin all those years.
Now i dont know if Sith coffins exist in canon, but no one questionned it at the games table.

hamishspence
2010-08-18, 10:06 AM
Don't know about a "sith coffin" but there's certainly precedent for The Force preserving someone for thousands of years. The pre-Sith Dark Jedi named Arden Lyn was put into a kind of Force Stasis by a Jedi Master- and was brought out of it 20000 years later.

Darth Krayt himself, the Big Bad of Legacy, had a kind of "sith coffin" type device and has preserved himself for about 100 years in it.

Prax4788
2010-08-19, 04:10 AM
a lot of good ideas here ill see what my dm says

Morquard
2010-08-19, 09:27 AM
Some crazy scientist found a dead taung corpse on their homeworld and cloned it. Either that's you, or that way a small population of taung exist again on some remote planet. Kinda like Jurasic Park, just without kids :)

LibraryOgre
2010-08-19, 10:32 AM
Given the vastness of the galaxy, and the relatively small amount of it that has been fully explored, I see zero problem with this.

Kaje
2010-08-19, 10:41 AM
In a game i am playing, one of the pc is from the old republic, and we play in Legacy era.
He was trapped in a Sith coffin all those years.
Now i dont know if Sith coffins exist in canon, but no one questionned it at the games table.

Dark Horse's Vector crossover had an ancient Sith Oubliette that preserved a Jedi in horrific suspended animation for nearly 4000 years.

But you don't even need that. There are plenty of planets that haven't been visited in thousands of years. Say he's from a lost tribe of Taung from a planet in the Unknown Regions.

Severus
2010-08-19, 11:03 AM
Some crazy scientist found a dead taung corpse on their homeworld and cloned it. Either that's you, or that way a small population of taung exist again on some remote planet. Kinda like Jurasic Park, just without kids :)

I think this is the simplest explanation, and therefore best. There's just a colony out in the 'sticks' with a few left. Nobody told them they were extinct....