Maximum Zersk
2010-08-18, 05:00 PM
Is this thread actually about anything?

Cizak
2010-08-18, 05:01 PM
'Sup, Roland?

Hardcore
2010-08-18, 05:01 PM
You don't want to praise Thor? Your loss...

Morph Bark
2010-08-18, 05:02 PM
Praise Thor!

There ya go. :smallamused:

Cizak
2010-08-18, 05:02 PM
Seriously dude, since this thread seems to be about Thor and not oots, it's about real world religion, wich is forbidden here.

Morph Bark
2010-08-18, 05:04 PM
Seriously dude, since this thread seems to be about Thor and not oots, it's about real world religion, wich is forbidden here.

Not current real world religion, so I'd figure it to be fair game.

Because if it wasn't fair game, why would it be featured in OotS?

Cizak
2010-08-18, 05:05 PM
Well, still, this thread seems to be about Thor, not OotS. It doesn't belong in the OotS-forum.

Crisis21
2010-08-18, 05:06 PM

Two problems with your statement there:

1) Thor is in OotS, so this is a gray area at worst. Unless something happens in this thread to prove that it is solely about real-world Thor and not OotS Thor, then your argument is pretty shaky.

2) As far as real-world religion goes, I certainly don't know anyone who still worships the Norse pantheon. Do you?

Cizak
2010-08-18, 05:12 PM
Fair enough. But there's still no point to the thread! It's like amking a thread that just says "Hi Thog." Do you think that would be appreciated?

Darth Hunterix
2010-08-18, 05:12 PM
Dwarven Ale for everyone :smallbiggrin:

Fayd
2010-08-18, 05:14 PM
Two problems with your statement there:

1) Thor is in OotS, so this is a gray area at worst. Unless something happens in this thread to prove that it is solely about real-world Thor and not OotS Thor, then your argument is pretty shaky.

2) As far as real-world religion goes, I certainly don't know anyone who still worships the Norse pantheon. Do you?

(Tangent, with respect to #2 while I don't, one of my good friends actually does know people who do... several people in fact.)

SoC175
2010-08-18, 05:24 PM
2) As far as real-world religion goes, I certainly don't know anyone who still worships the Norse pantheon. Do you? Actually there's a sizable minority

Crisis21
2010-08-18, 05:27 PM
Actually there's a sizable minority

I withdraw that objection then. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Fair enough. But there's still no point to the thread! It's like amking a thread that just says "Hi Thog." Do you think that would be appreciated?
Are you kidding? With how popular Thog is, there would probably be 10 pages within an hour or something.

And, does anything anywhere say that the thread has to have a point to it? The whole 'PRAISE THOR!' subject is just random serendipity here. Roll with it and have fun.:durkon:

SnowballMan
2010-08-18, 05:37 PM
Perhaps then, the original poster should put forth a treaties on what we know and can infer from stated game material about the fictional god Thor from OotS?

I think it only fitting that beer be consumed during the subsequent discussion there of.

Forum Staff
2010-08-18, 05:37 PM
And, does anything anywhere say that the thread has to have a point to it?

As a matter of fact, yes. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=22&a=1) Threads with no point are considered spam.