PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] God-Blooded Cactus

Crasical
2010-08-18, 07:21 PM
{Scrubbed}
I'm considering making a god-blooded based off this picture as a companion for one of my Terrestrial Fire-Aspects with the intention of having her act as a scout/guide/survival expert, but I'm unsure what mutations to give her, and what precisely her backstory is.

I've got two specific questions about the various mutations to represent her cactus-y nature, and two about her backstory.

Firstly, what is the mechanical difference between Claws/Fangs and Tusks/Talons? They appear to do the same thing, but one is a pox and the other is an affliction, with the note that the lower-level version is concealable. It's less important to me, since both seem superseded by the Quills Blight, but I'd still like to know.

Secondly, Quills. The book states they can be launched like darts at a range of 15 yards, but does that count as an Archery or Thrown attack?

I'm planning on taking Fur/leaves, Longevity, and Night Eyes as poxes, Supernatural Quickness as an affliction, and Quills and Healing Factor as blights, so any useful mutations that fit a sentient bipedal cactus and I've missed would be nice.

I'm a little hazy on the lore of gods (Don't have the Roll of Divinity book) and don't know what sort of behavior makes sense, so I'm not sure what sort of background would sensibly leave her in the care of a Terrestrial or other exalt.

Ideas for Backstory so far:
Woman falls in love with cactus/desert god and goes to him, is impregnated and suffers death by childbirth. Cactus daughter struggles to survive alone without the attentions of her divine father, and eventually is adopted by a passing exalt or immaculate Monk who is there to fight her dad.
Cactus god is mad with power and uses his powers to manipulate the desert to get travelers lost and guide them to him, then offers them guidance and water in exchange with one of them sleeping with him, cactus-chan being born from one of those dalliances.
Help, anybody?

Reynard
2010-08-18, 07:35 PM
Help, anybody?

And damn, you need it.

Well, you might be on the wrong track with a God-Blooded, although you could probably make it fit with fluffing and the right mutations for the important bits. I think, think, Elementals can have half-breeds with humans, so you might be able to do something involving a Wood Elemental.

I assume this because this is Exalted, and damn near everything can breed with humans.

Roland St. Jude
2010-08-18, 07:56 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Don't link to NSFW content - not even with a disclaimer.