PDA

View Full Version : Wait, How Did Elan Get His Old Costume Back?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-08-18, 08:59 PM
I thought he lost it when he went to prison.

Halae
2010-08-18, 09:03 PM
Thematic liscense. Hammerspace backpack. He got new ones. in any case, it's rather simple

Marnath
2010-08-18, 09:09 PM
With his father's influence, a kingdom-full of the finest tailors can be at his becak and call. I imagine they made him clothes specifically for the dinner. That's what the rich and powerful do usually.

Crisis21
2010-08-18, 09:13 PM
Actually, he didn't lose his old garments at all. Nale put them on to impersonate Elan and wore them back to Azure City. It was Nale's clothes that got confiscated by the Cliffport Police, not Elan's.

Bongos
2010-08-18, 09:53 PM
Those are Tarquins clothe's, he and Elan gave similar appearances, personality quirks and taste in clothes.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-18, 10:05 PM
Actually, he didn't lose his old garments at all. Nale put them on to impersonate Elan and wore them back to Azure City. It was Nale's clothes that got confiscated by the Cliffport Police, not Elan's.

This makes the most sense to me.

NerfTW
2010-08-18, 10:05 PM
It's both. Elan's clothes were safely in Azure city with Nale, along with Banjo and his lute.

But besides that, it's a stick figure and he was at the royal tailor.

Gift Jeraff
2010-08-18, 10:47 PM
It's both. Elan's clothes were safely in Azure city with Nale, along with Banjo and his lute.

But besides that, it's a stick figure and he was at the royal tailor.
His lute was left in the alley (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0351.html), hence he "bought" another one (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0471.html). Though yes, everything else--Banjo, his old rapier, his cloak, his kazoo, etc.--was in Elan/Nale's room at the inn, presumably.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-19, 03:06 AM
The sleeves are too long to he his old costume (unless it's an art upgrade).

Crisis21
2010-08-19, 03:16 AM
The sleeves are too long to he his old costume (unless it's an art upgrade).

The overshirt is new and is being worn instead of the chain shirt (as this is a formal occasion).

Dr.Epic
2010-08-19, 03:26 AM
The overshirt is new and is being worn instead of the chain shirt (as this is a formal occasion).

Armor can be engraved with gold making it highly decorative. Not to mention look at what Durkon is wearing.

Crisis21
2010-08-19, 03:39 AM
Armor can be engraved with gold making it highly decorative. Not to mention look at what Durkon is wearing.

I'm not sure Durkon has anything else to wear. Besides, this is Elan we're talking about.

The Pilgrim
2010-08-19, 06:34 AM
This makes the most sense to me.

Also it's consistent with The Giant's explanation about where Elan got his second rapier from.

snikrept
2010-08-19, 12:13 PM
"and down this way is our seamstress..." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0740.html)
Tarquin made them new clothes specifically for the occasion. Though whether or not they ever made it to that appointment with the seamstress remains in doubt, seeing as they bushwhacked the guard and left just after he said that.

baeshra
2010-08-19, 08:03 PM
His level(s) in Dashing Swordsmen gives him the Ninja-Fast-Clothes-Changing feat allowing him to change clothing at will. Since Elan has no knowledge of this feat, he wears what he would expect to wear. Hence normal clothing.

Phishfood
2010-08-27, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure Durkon has anything else to wear. Besides, this is Elan we're talking about.

Gack...I just had a horrible image....Wonder if durkon bothers to wear anything under the armour.

Brain bleach plzkthx.

JoseB
2010-08-27, 08:04 AM
Gack...I just had a horrible image....Wonder if durkon bothers to wear anything under the armour.

Brain bleach plzkthx.

I would guess he does!! Can you imagine the chafing otherwise??

Stmr5000
2010-08-27, 08:09 AM

I doubt Elan even wears armor any more, as it restricts his class abilities (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0675.html)

Zolkabro
2010-08-27, 08:58 AM
I would guess he does!! Can you imagine the chafing otherwise??

Bleeech.

BRAIN BLEACH!
GET BE THE BRAIN BLEACH!
PLEEEEASE!
NEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!
GET BE THE BRAAAAAAAAIIIIIIN BLEEEEEEEEEACH!

Nilan8888
2010-08-27, 09:01 AM

That was my impression, that there's a few things here and there about that costume which are new -- mostly that overshirt since it's closer to white than the old one -- but that a lot of the other stuff is his original costume.

I'm not sure if that new overshirt is meant to be a much brighter chainmail (like, all shiny as if he stepped off of the set of the 80's movie "Excalibur") or just a white shirt, though.