PDA

View Full Version : so yeah.. im stuck in limbo

littlebottom
2010-08-19, 08:20 AM
i recently got back from collecting my A-level results, all ok overall, but 1 of them was a single mark below the grade i needed to get into uni...

so now, i am no longer definately in, im only in if they let me. but im just 1 mark off... they cant be that cruel surely?

well ill have to wait till i find out my uni has (or has not) accepted me even with my 1 mark off the grade they asked for.:smalleek:

i wasnt nervous or scared about my results, but this is just agonizing.

rakkoon
2010-08-19, 08:30 AM
When will you know?

littlebottom
2010-08-19, 08:48 AM
well, im not sure, supposedly today at some time. i keep checking a website which should be updated when they have decided, and nothings changed. it could be any minute, or a few hours, or maybe a few days, i dont know :smallfrown:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-08-19, 08:50 AM
Wow. That really, really sucks.

rakkoon
2010-08-19, 08:50 AM
I suggest a warm bath and a good book, something to take your mind of things.
Good luck anyway.

Lord Loss
2010-08-19, 04:47 PM
Poor LB... :smallfrown:. i'm sure that they'll let you in. That really sucks :smallfrown:.

EternalMelon
2010-08-19, 06:45 PM
I feel for you man.

littlebottom
2010-08-20, 09:00 AM
update... to make it worse, theyve had a "technical glitch" and i have to send my results off to them. so i have to wait even longer:smallsigh:

they said "within 5 working days" so proberbly around next wednesday. and i should of known yesterday. everybody is asking me if ive got in or not and i have to tell them that i dont know yet, when i say that, they say i should know by now. so i have to explain it time and time again.:smallannoyed:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-08-20, 10:18 AM
Harsh luck there. I heard that all Clearing spaces through UCAS were mopped up by mid-afternoon yesterday, and anything left is of the haggling-by-phone variety, which is even worse.

I'm glad that the only friend of mine who ended up in such a position has managed to find a uni to go to; my other friends and I were luckier.

Keep trying, though.

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-20, 12:09 PM
Good luck to you mate. If they don't offer you the place can you appeal fr a remark to see if you can get that last mark out of them?

Mystic Muse
2010-08-20, 04:36 PM
Good luck!

Doing something to take the stress off might be a good idea. Got any video games you can blow stuff up in or anything to laugh at?

Dr.Epic
2010-08-20, 04:59 PM
I know what that's like.

littlebottom
2010-08-20, 05:26 PM
Good luck to you mate. If they don't offer you the place can you appeal fr a remark to see if you can get that last mark out of them?

im thinking about it, but it was in maths, so its not likely i can squeeze a mark out of it, its often right or wrong. mark or no mark.

also, i would of lost my reserved room in the halls of residence, so even if i found that extra mark and got in, i would have no where to stay and have all that to sort out all over again. proberbly in a much less desirable place.

Good luck!

Doing something to take the stress off might be a good idea. Got any video games you can blow stuff up in or anything to laugh at?

yeah, thats a normal day for me anyway :smalltongue:

stress wise, im just trying best to keep relaxed, and if that fails, taking my mind off of it. ive got more done than usual though, so that helps :smallsmile:

I know what that's like.

on another note, its all over the news that A-level results were generally quite high, meaning universities are being swamped, since they usually accept more than they expect to get in. which doesnt help my 1 mark off chances.

Lycan 01
2010-08-20, 06:52 PM
Good luck, dude. :smalleek:

IonDragon
2010-08-20, 07:53 PM
That's not limbo dude. You just do 2-4 years @ Junior College, then transfer into a 4 year to finish up your degree. It shows as being from the 4 year, plus you save a load of dough.

If you ask me, you lucked out.

Rockphed
2010-08-20, 08:17 PM
I'm in a different limbo starting tomorrow: no home. Somehow there is a week gap in contracts so I'm having to bum couches for a week.

Somehow this is more stressful than my course load for either the coming semester or the summer.

I hope it all works out.

Lyesmith
2010-08-20, 09:11 PM
I'm in a different limbo starting tomorrow: no home. Somehow there is a week gap in contracts so I'm having to bum couches for a week.

Somehow this is more stressful than my course load for either the coming semester or the summer.

I hope it all works out.

Sofa-surfing is easy if you have enough freinds / it is party season. Explain the situation, i'm sure it'll be fine.

Rockphed
2010-08-20, 09:23 PM
Sofa-surfing is easy if you have enough freinds / it is party season. Explain the situation, i'm sure it'll be fine.

Friends? Check. Party season? I go to about the most stone cold sober school ever. I don't think there is a party season.

rakkoon
2010-08-24, 01:57 AM
Can you call them?