PDA

View Full Version : raoh/ ken shiro/ toki in dnd 3.5

raoh
2010-08-19, 04:29 PM
hi i'm new here, so i don't know how things work here. i'd like to ask for some guidelines for making my carater. hope you'll help me with my problem.

i'm starting to play a new character. i would like it to be similar to either Raoh / Ken or Toki from the Hokuto no ken (Fist of the north star) cartoon.
can anyone give me any advice how to build him?
im thinking to start like a cleric for 4 lvl,and than multiclass to a monk?
it must be from 3.5 edition, tnx in advance

Yukitsu
2010-08-19, 05:18 PM
Unarmed swordsage from the book of nine swords. If you really need cleric added in, take some ruby sun vindicator from the same, which melds the two ability sets, although I find pure sword sage to be a bit better.

Don't take monk is my advice. While it can be fun, it won't live up to your expectactions of those characters.

Xefas
2010-08-19, 05:25 PM
Well, this'd be a lot easier if I could drum up some more support for officially replacing the exceedingly lame "Tornado Throw" as the capstone of Setting Sun with "Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken".

Something like:

Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken
Setting Sun (Strike)
Level: Swordsage 9
Initiation Action: Standard
Range: Melee
Target: One Creature

You strike your opponent one-thousand times. Not that it matters, because he is already dead (no save; the save is already dead).

Prime32
2010-08-19, 06:24 PM
Seconding unarmed swordsage.

I had a build which modelled Kenshiro decently lying around, but FotNS characters are quite a bit higher in level than you're starting.
Half-giant Monk 2/Unarmed swordsage 3/War mind 10/Unarmed swordsage +4
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Deflect ArrowsB, Pain Touch, Pharaoh's Fist, Pressure Point Strike, Rapid Stunning, Stunning FistB, Sun School, Tashalatora (war mind), Weakening Touch
Flaws: Grudge Keeper (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Grudge_Keeper), Honorable Challenge (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Honorable_Challenge)
Equipment: Monk's belt, +1 deep crystal necklace of natural weapons of speed

Whenever anyone twitches, you can attack him and the guy next to him. Those two and anyone next to them are then paralysed.

Greenish
2010-08-19, 06:30 PM
Can you make Amulet of Natural Attacks from special materials? :smallconfused:

raoh
2010-08-19, 06:53 PM
tnx for advices, i know that you cant make a character that is that great, i think that it would be fun to play like one of my favorite childhood characters.
i'd make a cleric lvls only if i would play as Toky-just for roleplay :smallsmile:
i'll have to ask my DM what equip will i be able to get.
tomorrow i'll look into my books about your advices, tnx again

Eldariel
2010-08-19, 07:46 PM
Well, this'd be a lot easier if I could drum up some more support for officially replacing the exceedingly lame "Tornado Throw" as the capstone of Setting Sun with "Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken".

Something like:

Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken
Setting Sun (Strike)
Level: Swordsage 9
Initiation Action: Standard
Range: Melee
Target: One Creature

You strike your opponent one-thousand times. Not that it matters, because he is already dead (no save; the save is already dead).

It already exists and it's called "Time Stands Still".

tyckspoon
2010-08-20, 12:03 AM
It already exists and it's called "Time Stands Still".

Or the Mongoose boost+ Girallon Flesh Rip combo, in which you unleash an inhumanly fast series of strikes and then your victim explodes into a bloody mess a second later (when you finish counting up the hits and rolling the appropriate Rend damage.)

DeltaEmil
2010-08-20, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, raging mongoose and girallon windmill flesh rip are both boosts, which you can't combine at the same time.

It would have definitely been the most powerful combo in the tome of battle if you could. :smallfrown:

Catch
2010-08-20, 12:30 AM
Unfortunately, raging mongoose and girallon windmill flesh rip are both boosts, which you can't combine at the same time.

It would have definitely been the most powerful combo in the tome of battle if you could. :smallfrown:

Swordsage capstone. Dual Boost.

DeltaEmil
2010-08-20, 12:34 AM
Joy fills my heart. I gotta play swordsage for once instead of only staying warblade all the time... Although warblades still rock, so it's a difficult choice... Hmmm... :smallsigh:

raoh
2010-08-20, 08:07 AM
this might be a stupid question, but in what book did you find this feats:
Pharaoh's Fist, Pressure Point Strike, Rapid Stunning, Sun School, Tashalatora (war mind), Weakening Touch, i mean i looked in PHB,Tome of battle, Sword and fist, and Complete warrior and found nothing. Couldn't find it even on wiki.
Same with Mongoose boost+ Girallon Flesh Rip
i'm getting lost in al the books and possibilities :smalleek:

Greenish
2010-08-20, 08:16 AM
Pharaoh's Fist, Pressure Point Strike, Rapid Stunning, Sun School, Tashalatora (war mind), Weakening Touch, i mean i looked in PHB,Tome of battle, Sword and fist, and Complete warrior and found nothing. Couldn't find it even on wiki.
Pharaoph's Fist - Sandstorm(?)
Pressure Point Strike - Dragon Magazine #336
Rapid Stunning - Complete Warrior
Sun School - Complete Warrior
Tashatalora - Secrets of Sarlona
Weakening Touch - Complete Warrior
Raging/Dancing Mongoose and Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip are maneuvers from Tome of Battle.

Terazul
2010-08-20, 08:19 AM
Not too many books, luckily. You probably just skimmed over a few.

Pharaoh's Fist is one of the many Stunning Fist based Feats in Sandstorm, aka "It's Hot Out There".
Pressure Point Strike is from Dragon 336.
Rapid Stunning, Sun School, and Weakening Touch are from Complete Warrior.
Tashalatora is from an Ebberron book, Secrets of Sarlona.
Aaaaand the last two are definitely from Tome of Battle. Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip (Level 8 Boost, Tiger Claw), and Raging Mongoose (Same).

EDIT: Blargh, swordsaged. CURSE YOU GREENISH.

Greenish
2010-08-20, 08:28 AM
EDIT: Blargh, swordsaged. CURSE YOU GREENISH.And they laughed at my low-wis swordsage. Who's laughing now?!

raoh
2010-08-20, 08:47 AM
tnx guys, i'll show DM "my" :smalltongue: ideas,and see what will he say about it.
it'll be a long way to go,but i think it's going to payoff, i mean i'll be ken few hours every week :smallbiggrin:

true_shinken
2010-08-20, 09:15 AM
Well, this'd be a lot easier if I could drum up some more support for officially replacing the exceedingly lame "Tornado Throw" as the capstone of Setting Sun with "Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken"..

Lame? I don't think so (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19861942/Chuck_E._Cheese).

Omae wa mou shindeiru! I approve of this.
I once did one of Kenshiro's dialogues in my japanese class. I got 10 out of 10.

Eldariel
2010-08-20, 09:21 AM
Or the Mongoose boost+ Girallon Flesh Rip combo, in which you unleash an inhumanly fast series of strikes and then your victim explodes into a bloody mess a second later (when you finish counting up the hits and rolling the appropriate Rend damage.)

Time Stands Still with Raging Mongoose + Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip obviously; that'll get you enough hits. Or Avalanche + Girallon, I guess; any works. Point being, high-level ToB is very adept at generating lots of attacks and consequently, lots of damage.