PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Any reasonable free 1st level adventures out there?

Rising Phoenix
2010-08-20, 04:36 AM
Hello all,

A friend of mine wants to try DMing for the first time and has asked me if I know/ have any fun adventures for level one PCs.

I have a dark and stormy night. But frankly it's not that inspiring an adventure.

Thanks in advance,

R.P.

FyreByrd
2010-08-20, 06:58 AM
The Burning Plague (google it, it's free from wizards)

Everyone should play it/run it at least once, it's a bit of a laugh, and a well put together module, with a good range of combat/trap/other stuff to give a newbie dm, a chance to figure out plenty of rules.

Rising Phoenix
2010-08-20, 09:04 AM
The Burning Plague (google it, it's free from wizards)

Everyone should play it/run it at least once, it's a bit of a laugh, and a well put together module, with a good range of combat/trap/other stuff to give a newbie dm, a chance to figure out plenty of rules.

Thank you. I'll pass it on.

R.P.

Jastermereel
2010-08-20, 09:15 AM
I'll second the idea of The Burning Plague. I used it last year near the start of my current campaign and it worked quite well. It introduces a number of mechanics quite well without overwhelming the players. Just be careful with the latter Kobold encounter. An unlucky set of rolls and your players could be looking at a quick TPK if you aren't careful.

If you want something a little shorter though, depending on the length of the game sessions, I would also suggest Something's Cooking (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20010413a). It's a fast bit of absurd fun, provided there's room in that world for a Calzone Golem.

Rising Phoenix
2010-08-20, 10:41 AM
I'll second the idea of The Burning Plague. I used it last year near the start of my current campaign and it worked quite well. It introduces a number of mechanics quite well without overwhelming the players. Just be careful with the latter Kobold encounter. An unlucky set of rolls and your players could be looking at a quick TPK if you aren't careful.

If you want something a little shorter though, depending on the length of the game sessions, I would also suggest Something's Cooking (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20010413a). It's a fast bit of absurd fun, provided there's room in that world for a Calzone Golem.

He has actually decided to run with the later. :smallsmile:

I've already rolled a Halfling Paladin... should be good. :smallbiggrin: