Vallum
2010-08-20, 06:02 AM
Holy of the evening stars
aina' en' i' lome giliath

Requirements:

Race: Elf

Skills: Spellcraft 7 ranks, Heal 7 rank

Feats: Skill focus (heal)

Spell Casting: Able to cast 2nd level divine spells.

Other: Must worship Elthandriael, and must be accepted by a member of the Holy of the evening stars and perform the initiation ritual, which is a cost of 200 gp worth of white or silver, (or a combination of both), precious stones

HD: d6

{table=head]Class Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells
1st|0|0|0|1|Grace of the evening sky +, Blessings of Alandriael|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
2nd|1|1|1|1|Bonus Domain (Healing)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
3rd|1|1|1|2|Grace of the evening sky +|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
4th|2|1|1|2|Mercy of the goddess|-
5th|2|2|2|3|Grace of the evening sky +|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
6th|3|2|2|3|Mistress of space|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
7th|3|2|2|4|Grace of the evening sky +|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
8th|4|3|3|4|The Star's Resurrection|-
9th|4|3|3|5|Grace of the evening sky +|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
10th|5|3|3|5|Incarnate of the stars|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

{table]The priestess of the evening star's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcana)(Int), Knowledge (History)(Int), Knowledge (Planes)(Int), Perception (Wis)
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier[/table]

Class features

Grace of the evening sky: The priestess of the evening stars bestows a potent magic of the healing of the dark skys. At every odd level, the priestess adds a d_(I have yet to determine the die size, suggestions needed) to every healing spell she casts.

Blessing of Elthandriael (Su): a priestess knows that she cannot be everywhere at once to heal those in need with the grace of her goddess. A priestess of the evening star may make any of her healing spells stretches out, making them a ranged touch spell of 30 feet. She may do this a number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier.

Bonus Domains: at 2nd and 7th level, a priestess is blessed with the grace of the goddess, bestowing the priestess with an additional domain, healing and magic, respectively. If the priestess already has the domains from another class feature, then she may choose another domain of the goddess Elthandriael. Each domain grants a number of domain powers, dependent upon the level of the priestess, as well as a number of bonus spells. A priestess gains, if she does not have one from another class feature, one domain spell slot for each level of divine spells she can cast, from 1st level spells on up. Each day, a priestess can prepare one of the spells from one of her domains in that slot. If a domain spell is not on the cleric spell list, a cleric can prepare it only in her domain spell slot. Domain spells cannot be used to cast spells spontaneously. In addition, a priestess gains the listed powers from both of her domains, if she is of a high enough level. Unless otherwise noted, using a domain power is a standard action. Domains are listed at the end of the Cleric class entry.

Mercy of the goddess: (like paladin's lay on hands, but w/o healing, not sure how to word it)

Mistress of space: ??? (racial bonus of +int is replaced with +wis for elves)

White star's resurrection: ??? (dont know right mechanic to use for non-abusive resurrection, but my goal is to to down grade resurrection costs)

Incarnate of the holy stars: ??? (any good suggestion for a feature to make a great incentive to take this PrC for all 10 levels)

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey playground, I just wanted to get everyones opinion on how my prestige class looks thus far and in need of suggestions. I'm wanting this PrC to utilize intelligence, if as much as wisdom, (was even thinking of having it replace WIS with Mistress of space or follower of the true star). I will post more/update this after I sleepscrew it, I'll just have it change the elves themselves.

Vallum
2010-10-02, 11:25 AM
bump for the needing of critiquing

Kallisti
2010-10-02, 11:31 AM
May I request you fix your formatting? Add headers to the table (there's a guide to coding tables around here somewhere that'll tell you how, if I find it I'll link you to it), use bold to set some things apart, and include ability types. For example...

Blessing of Elthandriael (Su): A priestess knows that she cannot be everywhere at once to heal those with the grace of her goddess. A priestess of the evening star may make any of her healing spells stretches out, making them a ranged touch spell of 30 feet. She may do this a number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier.

Also, what do you mean "to heal those with the grace of her goddess?" Do you actually mean those who already have the grace of the goddess? Or did you leave out an "in need" somewhere?

I'll actually look at the class features in a moment.

Looks all right so far, although I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "a d_." I take it that means you're open to suggestions on the die size? Or is that a typo?

Anyway, I'd be careful of switching from Wis to Int, since that'd happen at character level either 11 or 15, depending on whether you made it Mistress of Space or Follower of the True Star. If you made it to that level, chances are good that you have a good Wis anyway. It seems kind of counterproductive to build a character around one ability and then have to use another for the first eleven to fifteen levels. It'd make the class largely useful only for characters starting at that level already. You might be all right with that, but it's something to think about.

EDIT Here. Guide to board code, complete with a section on tables. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8483419#post8483419)

Vallum
2010-10-02, 12:56 PM
May I request you fix your formatting? Add headers to the table (there's a guide to coding tables around here somewhere that'll tell you how, if I find it I'll link you to it), use bold to set some things apart, and include ability types.

Fix'd, but I do need help with the ability types, what would be Su, Sp, ect.?

Blessing of Elthandriael (Su): A priestess knows that she cannot be everywhere at once to heal those with the grace of her goddess. A priestess of the evening star may make any of her healing spells stretches out, making them a ranged touch spell of 30 feet. She may do this a number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier.

Also, what do you mean "to heal those with the grace of her goddess?" Do you actually mean those who already have the grace of the goddess? Or did you leave out an "in need" somewhere?
whoops! fix'd! I meant to add 'in need' (thank you for pointing that out)

Looks all right so far, although I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "a d_." I take it that means you're open to suggestions on the die size? Or is that a typo?
The prior, I'm unsure of how much to add to make healing a more viable option in combat

Anyway, I'd be careful of switching from Wis to Int, since that'd happen at character level either 11 or 15, depending on whether you made it Mistress of Space or Follower of the True Star. If you made it to that level, chances are good that you have a good Wis anyway. It seems kind of counterproductive to build a character around one ability and then have to use another for the first eleven to fifteen levels. It'd make the class largely useful only for characters starting at that level already. You might be all right with that, but it's something to think about.
hmm... Would replacing the +int then to +wis be a better option then? Again, I'm wanting to make a viable PrC for Cleric Elves in PFRPG that are not combat focused

also, thank you for all of your help! It is very much appreciated!