PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice on an Imp Beguiler//Psion for a PbP game

Bulwer
2010-08-20, 09:44 AM
That'd be this Imp right here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9047328&postcount=1087), of our very own homebrew forums. All WotC books are allowed, and homebrew is allowed with approval. 15th level, 36 PB

The plan is to go Draconic1/Imp2/Psion12 // Beguiler15. Draconic gives +2 Str, Con, and Cha, and with all three bonuses into Int, I can get the very nice 5/10/18/20/14/18.

A few points I'd like advice on:

Since I'm only going Psion17 at most, I can afford two full-manifesting psionic PrC levels without losing anything. What should they be?

I'm leaning toward Telepath for my discipline, because of Schism. Is there something better for a controller that will also rely on psionics for damage?

Psicrystal Containment, Psionic Meditation, Practiced Manifester, Overchannel, Talented, and others: It seems like Psion will eat most of my feat choices. Is there anything I absolutely need for Beguiler, or can I devote most of my feats to Psionics?

Telepathy 170ft means Mindsight 170ft. How cool is that?

This is a catch-all: any feats, items, etc. that seem like they'd be a good idea?

Thanks for helping me out with this.

EDIT: Tentative feat list with flaws, updated:

Practiced Manifester
Steady Concentration
Psicrystal Affinity
Psicrystal Containment
Psionic Meditation
Mindsight

Quicken Power
Linked Power
Burrowing Power
Delay Power
Extend Power

Still & Silent Spell from Beguiler

Burrowing Power + Mindsight = "Hey, why is Bob bleeding on the floor? I don't see anyone around."

I'm waiting on a ruling about Psicrystal feats: If they're good to go, I can dump off a couple metapsionic feats on the pet rock and use the freed slots for Rapid Metamagic and Heighten Spell, which gives me a way to boost my spell DCs.

Bulwer
2010-08-20, 10:04 PM
This sank like a rock.

EvilJoe15
2010-08-20, 11:21 PM
You need the Dream of Metal. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121334&highlight=Dream+Metal)