PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Leap From Saddle Vs Ride Skill

Oniferous
2010-08-20, 12:41 PM
In the Leap From Saddle advantage from the Halfling Outrider Class(CC 37) it says the halfling can dismount for free as a dc 20 free action, but does not note whether this works like the ride skill that does the same thing or not. In the ride skill you can do the same as this, but you are required to also have a move action available before attempting.

Is there errata for this? How should this be handled? I have a player that wants to charge, hit their enemies with a lance, leap from saddle, and hit another enemy. Does this make sense?

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-08-20, 02:54 PM
People try to use that PrC for class features beyond the first?

Aroka
2010-08-20, 02:57 PM
Is there errata for this? How should this be handled? I have a player that wants to charge, hit their enemies with a lance, leap from saddle, and hit another enemy. Does this make sense?

How is he getting a full attack with a charge? And I assume he has Quick Draw for the free action draw?

If he can draw a weapon as a free attack and make a full attack at the end of a mounted charge, sure, why not let him leap off the beast for the attack? Just make sure not to grant mounted charge damage multipliers to anything beyond the first attack.

Although now I kinda have this image of a Berserk or Ubel Blatt knight lance-thrusting five different opponents at the end of a mounted charge. It's so stupid it's almost cool.

Harris the Ford
2010-08-20, 03:31 PM
Its. Skill trick called dismounting charge or charging dismount and it does exactly what your describing

Edit: to get a full attack at thw end of a charge you need a feat called Dire Charge, and that's an epic feat. Otherwise I would just rule zero dismounting charge to let you dismount in the middle of a full attack.

Oniferous
2010-08-20, 03:37 PM
How is he getting a full attack with a charge? And I assume he has Quick Draw for the free action draw?

You are misunderstanding. She is charging, hitting once with the lance. Dismounting as a free action and hitting someone else with the same lance. No full attack or quick draw.

Oniferous
2010-08-20, 03:38 PM
Its. Skill trick called dismounting charge or charging dismount and it does exactly what your describing

Edit: to get a full attack at thw end of a charge you need a feat called Dire Charge, and that's an epic feat. Otherwise I would just rule zero dismounting charge to let you dismount in the middle of a full attack.

Good info, thanks.

Also, no full attack...I don't know why everyone thinks I'm referring to a full attack. Just one charging attack, then a dismount and another attack for free.

Douglas
2010-08-20, 04:04 PM
Also, no full attack...I don't know why everyone thinks I'm referring to a full attack. Just one charging attack, then a dismount and another attack for free.
Where's the free attack coming from?

Oniferous
2010-08-20, 04:07 PM
Where's the free attack coming from?

Leap From Saddle.