PDA

View Full Version : 3.5, stat up gollum

the humanity
2010-08-20, 01:45 PM
I doubt Gollum was ever meant to be a PC, but suppose he was? how would you represent him?

I think a feral halfling barbarian/rogue might do it...

Yora
2010-08-20, 01:46 PM
I'd make him a small sized Ghoul rogue.

hamishspence
2010-08-20, 01:49 PM
Halfling with the Corrupted template? Exposure to extreme evil can cause beings to develop the template, according to BoVD.

This would give him the Aberration type.

Telonius
2010-08-20, 02:42 PM
Halfling Rogue, subjected to a Morality Undone (BoVD) spell effect due to being the owner of a powerfully Evil Artifact. Afterwards, took the Willing Deformity and Willing Deformity (Gaunt) feats.

Yora
2010-08-20, 02:44 PM
He's not just evil and deformed, he's close to the edge towards undeath. Bilbo was ancient with his 130 years. Golum was close to 600 when he died, and not showing any signs of age.

hamishspence
2010-08-20, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure if Corrupted creatures gain long life or not. Could be ruled that, like Elans, because they are aberrations, they have much longer lifespans (Elans are in fact immortal in the XPH errata).

Gandalf suggests that Gollum is not like a wraith- he's never "faded" - in the book. Despite the fact that this is more normal for mortals that repeatedly use Rings of Power.

So he might not be true undead, with the Undead type.

Yora
2010-08-20, 03:03 PM
Gandalf suggests that Gollum is not like a wraith- he's never "faded" - in the book. Despite the fact that this is more normal for mortals that repeatedly use Rings of Power.
That would be a weird unforseen side effect of the unintended merging of Ring-Undeath with Hobbit-Purity. :smallbiggrin:

Elfin
2010-08-21, 04:33 PM
Halfling rogue with lots of Taint (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/taint.htm).
Seriously, that stuff was practically designed to emulate the effects of the Ring.