PDA

View Full Version : Range Channel [3.5 Alternate Class Feature]

Temotei
2010-08-20, 03:12 PM
Range Channel
Duskblades are known for channeling touch spells through their melee weapons. Some, however, train this ability even more, allowing them to extend their range with their arcane channeling feature.
The range channel class feature allows the duskblade to stay back if need be, lessening the chance that a chasm or great distance will make them useless. However, this takes away from their ability to stay on the front lines for as long as other duskblades.
Level: Duskblade 4th.
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain armored mage (medium) and your armored mage (heavy shield) feature becomes armored mage (light shield).
Benefit: You gain the ability to channel touch spells through a ranged weapon attack. This feature does not allow channeling through ray spells.

ErrantX
2010-08-20, 03:28 PM
This works, I don't see a problem with it.

-X

DragoonWraith
2010-08-20, 06:52 PM
I like it!

Heh, and a feat:

Ray Channel
Prerequisites Range Channel class feature
Weapon Focus (Rays) feat
Arcane Caster level 6thBenefits
You may channel a melee touch attack spell through a ranged touch attack spell, affecting the target with both on a hit.

Normal
You cannot channel spells through rays.

Special
If a spell launches multiple ranged touch attacks (such as Scorching Ray or through the use of the Split Ray feat), the melee touch attack spell can only be channeled through one of them.

Temotei
2010-08-20, 06:54 PM
I like it!

Heh, and a feat:

Ray Channel
Prerequisites Range Channel class feature
Weapon Focus (Rays) feat
Arcane Caster level 6thBenefits
You may channel a melee touch attack spell through a ranged touch attack spell, affecting the target with both on a hit.

Normal
You cannot channel spells through rays.

I imagine fun would ensue. :smallcool:

Of course, you'd have to get ray spells on your spell list first.

And nice save on the edit.

arguskos
2010-08-20, 06:55 PM
I imagine fun would ensue. :smallcool:

Of course, you'd have to get ray spells on your spell list first.

And nice save on the edit.
Disintegrate. :smalltongue:

DragoonWraith
2010-08-20, 06:56 PM
I'd probably want to do something like a Duskblade/Spellwarp Sniper to make best use of it.

Lyndworm
2010-08-21, 02:06 AM
I like it. A lot. You did just make the Arcane Archer completely obsolete, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. *shudders*

NineThePuma
2010-08-26, 08:48 AM
What happens if you combine this with a Wandgun? (Link forthcoming; copy paste is being evil; It's one of TheDementedOne's brews..... I think.

Does the 'Weapon' aspect take priority over the 'Wand' aspect?

Edit: ha! Got it!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653

Mongoose87
2010-08-26, 10:39 AM
I like it. A lot. You did just make the Arcane Archer completely obsolete, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. *shudders*

Magic bows make AAs obsolete.