PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Game(IC)

Pages : 1 [2]

Adeen
2010-09-20, 09:20 PM
Irienys feels warmth spreading back through her body and her strength to move around has fully returned; she is fit to fight again.
"I am quite appreciative of you Kindle, thank you for your spell. To show my gratitude, I shall follow your suggestion."
And with that, Irienys, even with her lack of strength training, pulls out her axe and attempts to rip apart the wall that Kindle motioned to the group.

What kind of check should I be making GM? Well, whatever it is, here is a d20 for it.
[roll0]
(roll whatever else you need to for me for this action if you'd like)

Gray Mage
2010-09-20, 09:22 PM
What kind of check should I be making GM? Well, whatever it is, here is a d20 for it.
[roll0]
(roll whatever else you need to for me for this action if you'd like)

An attack roll is enough.

Adeen
2010-09-20, 10:19 PM
Okay, well, that's my lame roll, lol, no attack bonus for melee yet.

Gray Mage
2010-09-20, 10:22 PM
Okay, well, that's my lame roll, lol, no attack bonus for melee yet.

You'll still hit it though, walls have crappy AC.

Adeen
2010-09-20, 10:57 PM
Damage roll now? (I don't know, I've never attacked a wall before...)
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 08:04 AM
The elf girl strikes at the wall, but barely scratches the paint on it.

Zeofar
2010-09-21, 10:57 AM
Wolfram grew disgusted by the macabre scene when he saw it, the skeletons arranged waiting for a mock-dinner that would never come. He was getting sick of all this, and just wanted to find those responsible and be done with it. Wolfram never was terribly patient on the hunt, and he figured that he must have picked that trait up from Tom; the old man was even worse in this respect. Tom never would sit still too long if he could help it. He would rather tramp around the woods for hours looking for something, even if he knew he would eventually find it if he wanted in one place long enough. If that didn't work, he'd leave, come back, go search for something else, spend some time in a tavern, hunt for food. Anything to occupy his time. On the other hand, Wolfram's family was patient at work, especially his father. He'd never rush and risk making a mistake, working methodically and as slowly as was necessary. “You don't know the trouble we'd have to go through just to get another one of these” he would say. It was a fair observation; it really could be a good deal of work to find a creature ideal for whatever task was necessary. As a result, Wolfram also took his time at home, when he had a clear goal in sight and all his tools laid out. But this was a hunt, and it had to end.

Seeing that Irienys' attempt had failed to leave a dent, Wolfram took up his sword. “Let me have a try at this...” he said, before swinging with all his might.

OOC

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 11:01 AM
Wolfram's attempt fare no better than Irienys', and the wall shows no sign of breaking down soon.

Zeofar
2010-09-21, 11:12 AM
Wolfram takes a couple more swings at the wall.

OOC

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 11:40 AM
Wolfram's second blow, however is more effective and starts damaging the wood, while the third creates a good gash in it. Unfortunatly, it's still looking pretty solid and it might take a while to make a hole big enough for a human sized person pass through.

DM
Wall 21/30

Adeen
2010-09-21, 02:06 PM
Irienys holds a cold yet calm demeanor while she glares at her current enemy, this wall taunts her. She slowly backs up, and charges at the wall grunting as she does so.

Moves back 10 feet and runs at the wall attacking with her axe again.
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] = 5

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 02:10 PM
Current score: Wall 2, Irienys 0.
Irienys attack barely chips the wood.

OOC:This is going to be a long combat.

DM
Wall 21/30

Adeen
2010-09-21, 02:18 PM
"RRRrrr"
You can see Irienys getting frustrated, her plain and usually unyielding face contorts to one of anger.
Walls, should NOT be this tough to break down, this one is made different from the rest of the house.

Moves back 10 feet and runs at the wall attacking with her axe again.
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] =

Is there some sort of check I can make to determine what the wall is made of?

Adeen
2010-09-21, 02:20 PM
Oops, my bad.
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] = 5

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 02:22 PM
Is there some sort of check I can make to determine what the wall is made of?

I'd say an apraise check maybe? But the funny part is that it's just like the other walls, heck, I even used less HP than it should. I guess it's because I didn't expect you all to break it down.

Also, no damage.

Adeen
2010-09-21, 02:29 PM
Seeing the little effect Irienys is having over on her side of the wall, she decides to assist Wolfram in destroying his side.

Moves back ten feet and runs at it, attacking the wall.
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] = 3
[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5] = 7
[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8] = 8

Appraise check [roll9]
If this wall has DR, I hope you are not counting those d6's as separate, the skirmish ability adds the damage together for total damage.

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 02:34 PM
Irienys second and third blows on Wolfram's side are a little better, managing to damage the wall.

Wall 16/30

It has DR, but your rolls weren't enough to bypass it.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-21, 02:40 PM
While two of his fellows batter the wall with their bodies, Kindle runs his hands over the wall, feeling where the vibrations are stronger, in order to determine where the wall might be thinner, and easier to break.

OOC:
Search Check: [roll0]

Adeen
2010-09-21, 02:41 PM
Suddenly, a thought comes to mind.
"Wolfram, what if the reason we are having such trouble is someone doesn't want us to get inside here, meaning they might employ other means of stopping us. Give me a moment to search for anything hidden that might harm us."
Irienys stops attacking momentarily, and begins to looks around and feel the wall with her hands, searching intensely for anything out of the ordinary that she can find.

Search check for traps.
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 02:44 PM
Kindle/Irienys
You don't see any traps, but it seems like the wall is only hollow at a section of it, as if there were some sort of stairway inside.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-21, 02:49 PM
Kindle smacks his forehead with his palm. "Stupid! Stupid! There must be another way inside! The one who made this building wouldn't be planning to break down the wall every single time. Quick! we must search the room for some sort of lever or switch!"

Kindle takes a look around the room and then proceeds to move books, decorations, and the like.

OOC:
Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

Adeen
2010-09-21, 02:53 PM
Kindle smacks his forehead with his palm. "Stupid! Stupid! There must be another way inside! The one who made this building wouldn't be planning to break down the wall every single time. Quick! we must search the room for some sort of lever or switch!"

"Fantastic Idea Sir."
Irienys searches as well in the exact same manner.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Can we do it long enough to take 20?

Gray Mage
2010-09-21, 03:39 PM
After a carefull examination, Irienys discovers that the part of the wall that Wolfram was hacking at was removable, revealing a stone stairway going down. Because of the absense of light, none of you can see how far down it goes (Imsh can see further, but as it's deeper than his dark vision can see, he also doesn't know.)

Doombringer
2010-09-21, 06:26 PM
Imsh tells the rest of the group in a whisper after watching them bash the wall. "I can not see anything but darkness further down. I suppose someone is going to need to carry a torch or sunrod for us." Imsh looks back and then says "I would also suggest someone armored take the back."

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-21, 06:34 PM
I am willing to carry the light source, considering that the rest of you need your hands; unfortunately, I do not have a sunrod or other potential source of light with me.

Zeofar
2010-09-21, 07:47 PM
"I think it would be wise if Imsh took the lead. He can see well in the dark better in the dark than any of us."
Wolfram takes his sunrod off of his belt and offered it to Imsh.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-21, 08:09 PM
Ehlonna give me strength, do not let me fall in this treacherous place. Guide me from whatever abominable evils may lurk in wait.

Looking towards his companions, Kindle says, "If I should fall, take care of my companion." Kindle rubs the dog's head, for what may be the last time, "Stay. Don't worry, I'll be back..." Kindle turns, heads down the stairway, shield and spear in hand, and ever so softly murmurs, "...I hope."

Adeen
2010-09-21, 10:43 PM
"Blast, it appears we will have to move in single file. I suggest you tough guys" she points to Aron and Imsh "walk in the front and rear. Does anyone disagree?" as she looks around at the group "Here is a torch Aron, it should help keep our backs lit."

Irienys pulls out a torch, and her flint and steel. She lights the torch and offers it to Aron.

"We're likely to find either the Jarroirs, or some other dangerous and foul creature down there, we better keep our wits about us."

My character can be assumed to walk down the stairs once everyone is ready and moves along. All the while she is making spot checks at the walls and everything around her while she descends.
Spot [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Also, she puts away her flint/steel and handaxe, and pulls out her bow and arrow again.

Dada
2010-09-22, 04:16 AM
Aron accepts the torch, keeping it in one hand, with a javelin ready in the other. He goes down the stair as the last person, casting careful glances back up the stairs every other moment.

Doombringer
2010-09-22, 09:03 AM
Imsh looks to the others and nods he then moves down the steps trying to make sure they aren't all killed his thought then came in. "What if this place is trapped..can anyone scout ahead hiding and such?" Imsh shrugged if no one could and continued to keep a sharp eye out glad that his orcish nature allowed him to see easily in the darkness.

Gray Mage
2010-09-22, 08:47 PM
The stair goes down quite a bit, but after what seemed like hours, you finally reach its end. To your right, a cave with a rough rocky floor stends to the distance.

Wolfram/Kindle
You two can see a small blue light coming from the far end of the tunnel.

DM W [roll0]
Im [roll1]
A [roll2]
Ir [roll3]
K [roll4]

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-22, 09:50 PM
"Stop!" Kindle whispers, "Look ahead, a blue light shines, rather suspiciously so...let us proceed with stealth."

OOC:
Hide: 1d20+8[
Move Silently: [roll0]

Sorry about the fail Hide roll, I rerolled it in the OOC thread

Adeen
2010-09-23, 01:20 AM
Irienys silently moves along, staying in the middle of the group, her bow arched and ready.

move silently [roll0]
hide [roll1]
listen (when applicable) [roll2]

Gray Mage
2010-09-26, 11:15 AM
The cave is illuminated by a series of blue flames that are fixeted on the walls, iluminating all in a blue-ish color. In the north-west there is what looks like a temple. In front of it there are two hunched figures, they seem to be speaking something aong themselves. You all are very carefull, but Imsh, who leaned to the stone to see them better and his strenght made the wall break, they imediately turn to look at you all, but you sucessfully hid. They stopped talking now and seem to begin to move after you all.

Map
http://c.imagehost.org/0801/caverna.png (http://c.imagehost.org/view/0801/caverna)
You all arived from the bottom (L 7 to 10).
In D 11 and D 13 there are the beings. Combat has not started yet, and you may use a surprise round if you wish.
Only need a couple of rolls now.
DM

Aron(mover silenc.) [roll0]
Imsh(mover silenc.) [roll1]
Wolfram(mover silenc.)[roll2]
Lividos (ouvir) [roll3]

Adeen
2010-09-26, 02:24 PM
Irienys whispers to the others. "Those two might be the Jarroirs, we should attack now."

Do we all get a surprise round each then? If so I will post that next. And re-read the surprise rules while I'm at it.

Zeofar
2010-09-26, 05:30 PM
"I hope you're right. With luck, these fiends will fall quickly."
Wolfram steels himself, draws his bow, and gets ready to fire an arrow into them.

OOC

Drawing my bow in surprise round.
Initiative: [roll0]

By the way, I think it would be "hid," not "hided." Both of them sound funny to me in this context, though, so I'm not absolutely sure..

Adeen
2010-09-26, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I believe it is hid.
And Zeofar, drawing your bow is a move action and notching an arrow is a free action so you still have your standard action in the surprise round.

Might as well roll init too for when it's relevant. Will post actions tonight.
[roll0]

Adeen
2010-09-27, 01:44 AM
As soon as she finishes whispering to her teammates, without a hesitation, Irienys fires an arrow at one of the figures and then steps back.

Well, let's get this underway.
Irienys already has her longbow drawn and will now attack (I believe I am on L8) the closest figure (not a teammate of course), which I believe is D11.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If Crit Threat[roll2]
[roll3]
She will now take a 5 foot step back to M8.
Edit: Oohh, if only those 2 Attack rolls were reversed. Don't know why I did a 4th roll... :P

Dada
2010-09-27, 03:26 AM
As soon as it becomes clear that the party has been spotted by the two figures, Aron tightens the grip on his javelin, and prepares himself for the coming battle.

Actions:

[roll0]
Ready an action to throw my javelin as soon as one of the enemies come within 30 ft (6 tiles).

Edit: Location is probably M9.

Attack and damage to save time if my action is triggered:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-27, 03:38 PM
I take a total defense action.

Gray Mage
2010-09-28, 08:18 PM
Irienys' arrow flies hitting the closest one in the shoulder. However the thing didn't seem to be very hurt.

Initiative order
Irienys
Aron
Wolfram
L1
L2

Still need Kimble's and Imsh's.

Map
http://c.imagehost.org/0502/caverna.png (http://c.imagehost.org/view/0502/caverna)
DM
Lívidos
1 PV 13
2 PV 8

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-29, 03:47 PM

Zeofar
2010-10-01, 10:41 AM
OOC

Shooting the one of the left, and assigning my Dodge bonus to it.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Adeen
2010-10-01, 05:11 PM
Perhaps looking a bit odd to her teammates, Irienys steps a few feet back and then leaps forward, firing another arrow at her target.

Moves to M8 and then back to L8, fulfilling the 10 feet movement requirement for skirmish. (I know it's odd, but mechanically, it works.) Notches an arrow as a free action and then shoots again at the same person, who I believe is/was on D11 (unfortunately not close enough for PBS).
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1] + Skirmish [roll2] = [10]
Crit Threat[roll3]
Darn, probably missed, and that was good damage too. :(

Dada
2010-10-03, 04:45 AM
Aron keeps his calm and stays put, ready to throw his javelin as soon as the enemies get close enough.

Gray Mage
2010-10-04, 06:51 PM
Irienys fires her arrow, but it flies way ahead of them, landing somewhere in the deep.

Wolfram doesn't fare any better, missing completely his target.

The closer of the creatures aproaches Imsh, but Aron's javelin strikes true and hits it in the shoulder, but it doesn't stop the thing. When it draws near, you see what appears to be a young man with the younger Jarrior's features, but his face is twisted and his teeth are sharp. It lounges at Imsh, but the half-orc was ready for battle and crushes the man's skull.

However, it resulted in an openning for the older brother, his hungry face grinning maliciously. He lands a powerfull bite at the half-orc, and he feels some sort of venom flowing in his veins. (7 damage and DC 12 fort save or be paralized for [roll0] turns. And a second DC 12 fort save.)

Initiative order:
Irienys
Wolfram
Aron
Imsh (4 HP total)
Kindle
L2

Map
http://c.imagehost.org/0891/caverna.png (http://c.imagehost.org/view/0891/caverna)

First turn end and second turn begins now.

Dada
2010-10-05, 05:40 AM
Aron smiles as his javelin strikes true. As the inhuman beast which once was one of the Jarroir brothers strikes out a Imsh, Aron steps to the side, whips out his trusty guisarme, and strikes in a sweeping motion towards the legs of the beast.

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Needs an opposed strength or dex check from the opponent if my touch attack hits.

Zeofar
2010-10-05, 10:33 AM
Wolfram winces as the teeth of the creature sink deeply into Imsh. He steps out to take a clear shot at it, readies an arrow, and fires.

OOC

5-foot-step to the north, putting me at J7.

Firing at the standing Jarrior, with a -4 penalty for shooting into a melee.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Adeen
2010-10-05, 12:26 PM
Thinking to herself, These must be the Jarriors! Well, at least that half-breed brute is good for something, but now I need to go save him.
Irienys takes a quick little sidestep behind Aron, hoping to get a better shot this time.

Irienys will move from L8 to M8 to M9 for a total of 10 feet.
Firing an arrow again at J10
Attack +4 ranged, -4 shooting into melee, +1 PBS
[roll0]
Damage 1d8 longbow, 1d6 skirmish, +1 PBS
[roll1] + [roll2] + 1 = 12
Crit Threat: [roll3]

Dada
2010-10-05, 12:29 PM
As the vile creature trips over and falls to the rough cave floor, Aron exploits the opening and brings down his guisarme in a swing towards the chest of his enemy.

Rolls:

Free attack granted by the Improved Trip feat
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jukebox Hero
2010-10-05, 02:56 PM
Kindle rushes over to his wounded companion and lays his hands upon Imsh, allowing the magic to flow through his hands and soothe the half-orc's wounds

OOC: Imsh is healed for three, and that's the last of my healing.

Gray Mage
2010-10-05, 03:41 PM
OOC: I'll start with Imsh second fort save, as a 2 round paralisis is moot now. [roll0]

Irienys compensates her previous miss with a stellar hit, an arrow is now pinned in the man's gut.

Wolfram, still can't get his bow to work properly and misses again. Maybe the string isn't streched properly?

What the man didn't expect was the guisarme pulling it's feet. It tried to fight back, but Aron proved to be stronger and soon the blade cut it's torso, making it be motionless in the floor.

120 XP for the five of you.
Imsh is with 7 HP.
What do you do now?

Dada
2010-10-06, 02:38 AM
Aron shoots Imsh a worried glance as he collects his javelin and packs it away. He breathes a sigh of relief as Kindle lets his healing energy flow into the body of the warrior and his wounds close.

'So, where do we go from here?' I say we search this cave and hopefully find out a bit more about these ..things. Afterwards we can head back to town, with a proof of completeting the task.'

Adeen
2010-10-06, 09:21 AM
'So, where do we go from here?' I say we search this cave and hopefully find out a bit more about these ..things. Afterwards we can head back to town, with a proof of completeting the task.'

"I agree, we should do a quick check around here, and then head back to town to collect our bounty and rest up. Some of us took quite a beating."

Search [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Zeofar
2010-10-06, 09:58 AM
"No. These monsters aren't popping up from nowhere. There is someone or something behind this, and they must be caught before they can get away or do any more. I won't take money from that priest when there is still more to be done."

Dada
2010-10-06, 10:34 AM
'I'm with Irienys here. We've earned our reward and have done what we were paid to do. We can and should collect our bounty, and rest up. Once we've replenished our resources, I'm all for going after whoever is behind this, though.'

Gray Mage
2010-10-06, 08:14 PM
The cavern floor doesn't hide anything unusual, but the brothers still have their money pouches with them. Inside them you find many coins, most of them made of silver, totalling an amount of 120 gp. The one that you identified as Kar also holds a dagger and a ring with an emblem on it. Both of those itens seem mundane.

Adeen
2010-10-06, 09:57 PM
Irienys searches the cave and the bodies. She finds naught in the cave's walls and floors, but she finds a few items in the Jarriors' pockets. She attempts to pocket the money without notice of her companions. She picks up the dagger and ring however to show the rest.

"Come, look at this. This dagger on him doesn't seem out of the ordinary, but this ring... does anyone recognize this curious symbol on it?"

Using my previous SoH roll of 21, I like that roll.

Gray Mage
2010-10-07, 02:39 PM
Wolfram
You remember this emblem is relationed to a once powerfull mage that lived two centuries ago.

Aron
You think you remember seeing it in a list of famous mage families, but can't relate the symbol with a family name.

Irienys
You remember seeing the symbol somewhere. It's probably either arcane or noble in nature.

Zeofar
2010-10-07, 04:08 PM
Wolfram takes a close look at the ring Irienys is holding, and steps back. He pauses in cogitation a moment, glancing up at the cavern ceiling, and then speaks up.

"That's the symbol of an old, powerful magician of some sort... But he lived at least 200 years ago."

Adeen
2010-10-07, 06:03 PM
"Very interesting, we should show it to the Mayor.

Oh, and I also found some money on these abominations. Hmm, looks to equal about 101 gold coins. That's 20 a piece, a very fine bonus I say. Here Imsh, why don't you take the spare."

With that, Irienys disperses the money.

"Now it's time to get our proof."

And with a grunt, Irienys takes her axe and attempts to chop off the heads of the Jarriors.

I'm not sure what kind of check I will need to make. But here's a d20 for it, and I'll add whatever bonus I get later.
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-10-08, 04:18 PM
I have no idea what kind of check that would need, so why don't we just assume one of the bulkier members of the party suceded and move on? Also, the narration would be a little gory, so would you like to read it or not?

Adeen
2010-10-08, 04:29 PM
Gore doesn't bother me, but let's just move on, and see what the Mayor says.

Carrying the heads, with whoever follows her, Irienys heads back upstairs, and assuming no unexpected encounters along the way, out of the house and back towards the town to obtain an audience with the Mayor.

Zeofar
2010-10-09, 08:46 AM
Wolfram moves deeper into the cave, towards the temple that the Jarrior were near.

OOC

Spot: [roll0]
Searching temple area: [roll1]

By the way, Coup De Grace rules + common sense tell me that you should basically succeed on chopping up any part of a human or similar creature that isn't big or with natural armor.

Gray Mage
2010-10-09, 10:39 AM
Wolfram doesn't find anything special on the shrine's walls, but the door appears unlocked.

OOC:
@Kirrik: Is Irienys still headed upstairs or will she stick around?

Adeen
2010-10-09, 02:28 PM
She will stick around, I was under the impression that it was just a boring cave, I didn't realize there was a temple in the back.

Dada
2010-10-10, 03:37 AM
Aron likewise searches the temple area, then ends up next to the door.

[roll0]

Adeen
2010-10-10, 09:30 AM
"Hold on, we don't know what's behind this door. Let me take a look real quick."

Irienys searches the door for traps.
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-10-10, 09:34 AM
Aron/Irienys
Neither of you find anything.

Adeen
2010-10-10, 10:49 AM
Irienys, wielding her bow, slowly opens the door.

Gray Mage
2010-10-10, 12:15 PM
The door opens, revealing the inside of the shrine. There isn't much inside, except for a table with a couple of chairs, an altar and a shelf. The table is covered in a thick layer of dust, being barely unable to see the wood which it's made of. In the shelf there are a collection of books, their covers are faded out and you cannot guess their contents by it. The altar is a simple one of stone, there are a small statue on top of it and a small round hole in the middle.

Zeofar
2010-10-11, 11:10 AM
Wolfram grabs his sunrod off of his belt, using it to light any dark areas and investigate the texts as he looks around the temple.

Search check: [roll0]
Untrained Religion check to identify temple type:[roll1]
Untrained Religion check to identify books, if applicable:[roll2]
Arcana check to identify the books, if applicable:[roll]1d20+2[roll]

Gray Mage
2010-10-11, 10:46 PM
Wolfram
The temple's arquiteture isn't one that you remember seeing before. The books are old, and some turn to dust by your touch. They are written in a language you do not understand.

Adeen
2010-10-12, 01:33 AM
"This place reeks of corrupt trouble. I say we burn it all down along with the house. Just get rid of it all. After we search for anything useful of course..."

Search for anything useful in the room.
[roll0]

Dada
2010-10-12, 05:48 AM
Aron assist the others in searching the room. 'I don't think we should burn this place down. We might need to go back and search for further clues or information later. Besides, a haunted house with a secret cellar would make a great safehouse, if we ever need one.' His eyes light up as he jokingly adds 'I've always wanted a secret door..'

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (untrained)
Any other knowledge checks needed?

Gray Mage
2010-10-12, 10:02 AM
Irienys
The room is pretty baren, but you manage to find a secret door in the altar. There isn't anything inside, but judging by the layer of dust a sort of rectangular thing was recently removed from there.

Aron
You reconize some of the symbols in the room and in the books as outer plane glyphs. But you can't get a deeper meaning out of them.

Zeofar
2010-10-12, 10:32 PM
"I don't think burning down this place is a wise idea, but I don't think that making it a 'safe house' is either," Wolfram comments with a hint of both irritation and bewilderment.
"For my own part, I'll be moving on if the people in this town don't have any more troubles. As nice as they seem, there are other nice little villages being torn into by evil and ugliness as we speak. Now that these monsters are dead, and hopefully their foul masters soon enough, this place can go back to being a simple, happy village."

He moves closer to the altar as he speaks, and investigates the odd hole in the altar.

OOC

Doing as above. If there is nothing obviously menacing about the hole from looking, I'll stick my sunrod into it. If nothing happens and there is anything inside that looks mostly inanimate and not evil, I'll put my hand in and try to take it out.

Spot:[roll0]
Also, can you give us more information on the wall and ceiling in the cave?
I'd also like a Wisdom check to determine the actual length of the tunnel down here and how long it took us to go down it: [roll2]

Gray Mage
2010-10-13, 04:43 PM
The walls and ceilings appear to be natural. Also, because of the tension, the darkness and the lack of visual marks, you can't estimate how long the tunnel is.
The hole is pretty small, and looks like something round can be fit into it.

Dada
2010-10-15, 05:50 AM
'Hmm.. some of these signs are related to the outer planes. I can't get any deeper meaning out of this, but outer planes. Wow. This might be bigger than we expected.'

Adeen
2010-10-16, 12:45 AM
Irienys just stands back letting the intellectuals do their thing. If they wanted to chase ghosts, she wasn't going to get in their way.

Adeen
2010-10-17, 10:56 PM
"This place gives me the creeps. Nothing good can come of it. We should burn it down, unless you convince me otherwise."

Dada
2010-10-21, 05:37 AM
'I still say we leave it for now. We might need to come back and search for clues if we are going after the ones behind this mess. Anyways, let's head back to town and share our good news.'

Zeofar
2010-10-22, 12:08 PM
"Let this place stand. At least we'll have somewhere to look for our target again if we don't find him today."

Dada
2010-10-30, 10:05 AM
'Let's at least not stand around here all day.' Aron adds, slightly annoyed at the discussion. With that, he turns around and heads back towards the stair. 'Perhaps we should see what other secrets this place hides.' he says more cheerily.

Zeofar
2010-10-30, 09:41 PM
Wolfram follows after Aron, up the stairs.

Gray Mage
2010-10-30, 09:46 PM
The way back is easy and without any trouble, but a surprise awaits you at the dinning room. The table, once full, now lays empty, which scares Imsh and Kindle to the death. Before leaving, they ask if they could hand the Jarrior's heads to the priest, so that they could get their part of the bounty.

Zeofar
2010-11-12, 10:57 PM
Wolfram stays quiet, indisposed to reply. He trusted Imsh and Kindle more than the other two, but far less than three-hundred pieces has fueled betrayals, yet still he wasn't quite willing to doubt them so easily. He walks around the room distractedly as he inspects it and seemingly considers the request.

Search: [roll0]

Dada
2010-11-16, 05:32 AM
Aron sighs audibly at the request. It's always about the money, isn't it? he thinks to himself, before answering. 'I guess you can take it back if you really want. Just be sure to mention that we will return too, once we have finished investigating this place.'

Assuming no one protests, he then proceeds to the closed door leading to the unexplored room. He first examines the door, then puts his ear to it, listening for clues to what lies beyond it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gray Mage
2010-11-16, 08:07 PM
Taking a better look at the table now that it's empty, you notice that the silverware, although not actually made of silver, is nicely made and seems to be ingraved, so it could still fetch a good price.

Zeofar
2010-11-17, 03:38 PM
"I'm not going to stop you" Wolfram says briefly to Kindle and Imsh, making a vague affirmative gesture.

Wolfram then places himself near Aron, waiting for the results of his reconnaissance.

Zeofar
2010-11-21, 12:52 PM
Wolfram draws his sword and opens the door leading to the other room.

Gray Mage
2010-11-21, 12:52 PM
Wolfram draws his sword and opens the door leading to the other room.

((Which of the two rooms?))

Zeofar
2010-11-21, 12:59 PM
The one we haven't entered yet, i.e. not the lobby/staircase room

Gray Mage
2010-11-21, 01:01 PM
This room reeks of mold. There are sacks on the corner and food in baskets everywhere. This, together with a table and a stove lead you to belive that this was the manor's kitchen. The stove is covered in dust and don't appear to have been used, while the table is clean. Two doors lead from this room, one is to the right, while the other is on the left. Both are unlocked, but the one in the left is struck ( need a strenght check to open).

Zeofar
2010-11-21, 01:34 PM
In an ineffectual attempt to avoid the putrid funk, Wolfram breathes as little as possible as he briefly searches through the kitchen, trying to avoid generating any noise.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Dada
2010-11-22, 05:54 PM
Aron grimaces as he enters the kitchen. He points to the right door, then moves silently across the room towards it. He stops and listens briefly again. If he doesn't hear anything he'll open it.

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gray Mage
2010-11-23, 06:03 PM
You don't hear or see anything unusual, but you do manage to find a couple of rations, enough for three days and an old waterskin.

Dada
2010-11-25, 10:08 AM
Aron looks at the rations with disgust. Even though they might still be good, he has absolutely no intention of eating anything which has been left in this putrid kitchen. He leaves them along with the waterskin, as he opens the door and peaks into the next room.

Zeofar
2010-11-25, 10:43 AM
Wolfram also ignores the rations, but takes note of the waterskin, squeezing the bag perfunctorily.

If the bag has nothing in it, I'll leave it. If it indeed has some liquid inside, I'll squeeze some out onto my hand. If it's clear water, I'll leave it as well, but I'll take it if it has no easily identifiable substance.

Appraise check if necessary to rule out another common substance: [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-11-30, 03:28 PM
@Zeofar: There is indeed water in the waterskin, althought it isn't full it might serve some use.

The door opens, revealing the backyard of the house, multiple trees givng shade.

Zeofar
2010-12-05, 06:33 PM
Wolfram brings the waterskin with him, going through the door Aron has just opened into the back yard.

I'll take the waterskin. Are there any other doors into other parts of the house apparent?

Dada
2010-12-05, 06:35 PM
Aron follows Wolfram outside, casting a quick glance around for any waiting surprises.

"Should we go back in and try to open the blocked door?" he suggests, if he spots nothing of interest.

Gray Mage
2010-12-05, 07:02 PM
The isn't muc of interest, beisdes some of the trees bearing fruit.

OOC: There is a map on the OOC thread.

Zeofar
2010-12-08, 09:54 PM
"We might as well" Wolfram replies. He returns to the kitchen and gives the blocked door a try.

[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-12-08, 10:18 PM
The door stands firmly shut. (you guys know you can go through the dinning room, right?)

Dada
2010-12-13, 11:03 AM
Visualizing the layout of the house, Aron just shrugs. "Eh, lets go through the dining room instead." he suggests, before hurriedly leaving the room and the stench behind.

Gray Mage
2010-12-15, 03:54 PM
Beyond the unlocked door is a square room with the same measures as the kitchen. Rows of chairs are positioned in the room, dense webs connecting each other, so that they're facing a beaten up upright piano.

OOC:Can you make a spot check for me?

Dada
2010-12-15, 03:58 PM
[roll0]

OOC: I thought you wanted to make spot/listen checks for us? Or I might be confusing this game with another. Either way, here you go. Use this or roll another yourself :smallsmile:

Edit: "Wait! I think I failed a spot check!"

Gray Mage
2010-12-15, 04:01 PM
[roll0]

OOC: I thought you wanted to make spot/listen checks for us? Or I might be confusing this game with another. Either way, here you go. Use this or roll another yourself :smallsmile:

Edit: "Wait! I think I failed a spot check!"

Well, as long as you don't metagame I'm fine.

You can also start looking through the room and such, no need to wait for the answer.

Zeofar
2010-12-15, 05:16 PM
Wolfram steps into the room and looks around for any signs of recent activity.

Spot: [roll0] (Only if I need to make one as well)

Gray Mage
2010-12-18, 05:19 PM
Wolfram
You notice a sudden movement in the ceiling, with a bit of extra attention you notice it's three small spiders, though they're bigger than any other you've ever seen.

OOC:You may act in the surprise round.

Zeofar
2010-12-21, 12:00 PM
Wolfram draws his sword and points toward the ceiling: "Spiders. Big ones."

Dada
2010-12-21, 12:02 PM
Aron, who has just taken a step into the room, stops dead in his tracks, draws his Guisarme, and looks up towards the ceiling, ready for combat.

'Thanks, I hadn't seen them.' he responds.

Gray Mage
2010-12-21, 04:13 PM
Initiative rolls please.

Zeofar
2010-12-21, 04:30 PM

Dada
2010-12-21, 04:52 PM
[roll0]
Here we go.

Gray Mage
2010-12-21, 05:57 PM
The spiders begin their attack. All three of them throw their webs, wanting to imprision the adventures, but neither can strike close of them.

Initiative order:

Spider 1
Aron
Spider 3
Wolfram
Spider 2

Zeofar
2011-01-15, 03:46 PM
Wolfram heaves his sword into the air, striking at the nearest spider.

Yeah... A bit belated.
Attacking Spider 1.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Dada
2011-01-16, 07:36 AM
OOC:
I didn't realize if you guys were waiting for me. Sorry.

Anyway, let's say that Aron delays his action until Wolfram has acted, just to keep the continuity.

As Wolfram strikes out at the nearest spider, Aron seizes the opportunity and takes a jab at the same spider with his guisarme.

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gray Mage
2011-01-26, 04:06 PM
The first spider throws a web at Wolfram, but misses him completely.
On the other hand, Wolfram's sword strikes true, killing the spider.
A second one decides to forsake the webs and drops to the floor, biting Wolfram, penetrating through his boots. The bite itself wasn't that strong (1 dmg), but the ranger can feel the poison running in his veins. (DC 10 fort save or take 3 str damage).
Aron may not be able to hit the same spider, but sucessfully kills the third one.

Zeofar
2011-01-26, 06:22 PM
Wolfram clenches his teeth as the spider bites him and swings his sword at it in retribution.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Dada
2011-01-27, 02:03 AM
Seeing the spider now on the floor, Aron steps to the side to get a clear arc as he swings his guisarme at the spider.

Rolls:
[spoiler]
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gray Mage
2011-01-27, 05:32 PM
Zeofar's retribution completely crushes the final spider. Small pieces of its exoskeleton fly with the impact.

OOC:250 XP for you two. Do you want to start recruiting now or stay like this for a while?