PDA

View Full Version : Taking Down the King ~IC THREAD~

Doombringer
2010-08-21, 03:59 AM
(Okies you guys are all in your hideout training..I am going to let you post to get a feel for your characters and how the group melds and go from there...your hideout is nothing special..underground well hidden and in a back alley that no one would suspects for anything other than thieves up to no good.)

mootoall
2010-08-21, 10:23 AM
Lorm swings his greataxe heavily through the wooden post he is practicing on, breaking it into at least ten splintery pieces. He uses that momentum to carry him through to a dummy, cutting deep into the stuffing of the cloth sack.

"Ach, I'm bored out o' me mind. Ever since we've been shoved down 'ere by those nasty guards, we've had nothin' to do. We durst not venture out since they got Yitrix, but I say it's time we get a spot o' revenge. What say you folks?"

GodGoblin
2010-08-21, 11:09 AM
Shay sits upon a wooden crate nocking an arrow, she then stands and aims a shot for the crudely painted target on the wall opposite. It hits slightly off centre.

"Damn, I always preferred living targets... Anyway how can you complain Lorm, your people are used to the underground. I do long to be back in the forest so the sooner we deal with this the better, i'm ready when you are."

She then removes the arrow while cursing in elvish and takes aim for another shot.

mootoall
2010-08-21, 11:27 AM
"Aye, underground surrounded by some beautif'l architect'r and fabulous jewels. Not here in this rat 'ole." He chops the piece of wood he had been practicing on again, gathers up the pieces, and lights it. "I'm gonna make somethin' to eat. Want anything?"

Psilulz
2010-08-21, 03:56 PM
"Do we have anything other than rat today?" Keyton has almost a pleading look in his eyes, begging for there to be anything else.

mootoall
2010-08-21, 04:32 PM
"Yeah, a bit of bread. But rat for me, I suppose."

GodGoblin
2010-08-21, 05:12 PM
"Well we always have cooks surprise, but I think we can all guess whats in it."

Shay then looses another arrow hitting a rat, she picks it up and starts skinning it with her dagger.

"Good Surprise huh?"

Psilulz
2010-08-21, 06:41 PM
"I'll have the bread if you don't mind." Keyton quickly goes for the bread and begins munching on it immediately. A look of relief spreads across his face. The bread is not much better than the rat, but still, eating rats can become tiring after a week.

mootoall
2010-08-21, 10:19 PM
" Ach, now dinnae go eating all of it. It has to last us 'til our next raid. Or 'til that thrice blasted rogue gets back to us. 'E said 'e was going out to get us sommat more appetizing to eat near an hour ago!"

GodGoblin
2010-08-22, 05:51 AM
"Hmm thats a point shouldn't he be back by now? I told him going out on his own was a bad idea. I think we should go look for him, we could get ourselves some decent food or some coin while were there."

mootoall
2010-08-22, 10:17 AM
"You remember which district 'e said 'e was goin' to? I dinnae wanna search the entire city for 'im, 'specially since 'e's so 'ard to catch."

GodGoblin
2010-08-22, 10:42 AM
"No sadly he just said topside, I guess we just wait for a while longer."

Shay then sits next to Lorms fire and starts to roast the rat over it on an arrow

Rumel
2010-08-23, 03:20 PM
Rumel walks in twirling a throwing knife on his finger and throws his bag down while saying "I managed to fight some more bread from a guard and filled up a bottle with water from the well, sorry it took so long the gaurd took awhile ta loose in the city." Then rumel sits down still spinning the knife.

mootoall
2010-08-23, 03:28 PM
"Ya couldn'ta just poked 'im with tha' lil' knife ya' got thar? 'E'd be one less ta deal with lat'r."

Rumel
2010-08-23, 04:02 PM
Rumel puts his knife away and says "He was new so I gave em' a break... This time"

Psilulz
2010-08-23, 04:32 PM
"I'm just glad that you brought something to e-, I mean that you're back and safe."

GodGoblin
2010-08-23, 04:40 PM
"Its really great you're back and all but were all dying for some of that loaf, how about we discuss our next move over some food?"

Rumel
2010-08-23, 04:51 PM
Rumel says "Do we even know where the food is held?"

mootoall
2010-08-23, 06:47 PM
"I'd hazard me a guess tha' thar's a good bit o' it in the granaries in the southeast quadrant. Been so long since Ah've been up oop thar tha' I dinnae exactly rememb'r what they got guardin' it. Can't be more than five guards on watch at a time. Not exactly like anyone oop thar's given 'em much ta defend from."

Rumel
2010-08-23, 07:30 PM
Let's plan on making it up there soon so we don't starve.

mootoall
2010-08-23, 08:19 PM
"Ah dinnae think starvin's on the agenda for us. We've got a guid thing goin'. I'm more excit'd ta git off me lazy arse and do somethin', ya know. Shake tha guard oop a bit. Bin a while since we've gotten on a bit o' a straight raid."

Rumel
2010-08-23, 08:24 PM
I'm ready too go whenever the group is then rumel practices his aim with his knifes.

mootoall
2010-08-23, 08:26 PM
"Well we gots ta have a bit o' a plan before we get oop thar. R'memb'r what happened to Strixa! Ah'm na so great at that step though, so anyone have any ideas?"

Rumel
2010-08-23, 08:36 PM
What if you distract the guards and I sneak in the door

mootoall
2010-08-23, 08:39 PM
"O' tha granary? Sounds like half a plan to me. Where's tha rest o' it?"

Rumel
2010-08-23, 08:46 PM
You have any ideas?

mootoall
2010-08-23, 08:49 PM
"Na really, b'sides the fact tha' we should include tha' other two in tha' plan. Ah think that even tha' few guards they got would be able ta' call reinforcements b'fore we got more'n ten feet in. Ah say tha' a simple sneak'n'stab won't work on a whole building."

Rumel
2010-08-23, 08:54 PM
Hey you two, any good ideas to get into the building?

Psilulz
2010-08-23, 10:20 PM
"Well, we should probably get closer to them to see just how many guards there are about. We should also disguise ourselves somehow, in case we're spotted, so our faces won't become wanted ones. When were close enough, we can take out each of the guards one by one, avoiding any larger groups, and steal what we need. We will need something to carry the supplies in, as well as a route back here, avoiding as much trouble as possible. Also, while we're out, we should obtain a map of some sort giving us the layout of the city, and notable locations."

mootoall
2010-08-23, 10:40 PM
"Now tha' right thar? Tha' sounded like a plan. Ah like it."

Rumel
2010-08-23, 11:00 PM
Well... Beats my plan, but where are we gonna find a map

Doombringer
2010-08-24, 01:10 AM
You know a map can be found at the well guarded and very large library over in the far southern district. The problem is getting there through the back alleys and not getting caught on the way.

GodGoblin
2010-08-24, 02:13 AM
"Scouting the area does seem like a good idea, I would like to find some vantage points to shoot from in case it all goes south but how about we get that map they keep outside he library?"

Shay attaches her cloak and checks all her weapons are in place then brings the cloak round to cover them.

"Ready when you are" She grins excitedly as she looks forward to the action.

mootoall
2010-08-24, 07:30 AM
"Ah'm game iffn you guys are. Never did like tha' libr'y."

Rumel
2010-08-24, 09:30 AM
Good idea but where are we gonna find disquises.

mootoall
2010-08-24, 09:40 AM
"It's nah tha' hard. Ye can use household material ifn ya want. 'Ere, lemme show you. Lorm grabs a few materials, some cloth for a cloak, a bit of charcoal to darken his hair and his skin, and scrunches his face to make it look different. Disguise check: [roll0] (I think that's the right mod ... check my sheet for me? Gorram phone.)

GodGoblin
2010-08-24, 09:58 AM
"Hmm an interesting concept.. Here let me try"

Shay ties back her hair in a way that hides her ears, and ruddies up her face to try and round her features.

"What do you think? Could I pass for a young human female?"

Roll-
[roll0]

"Well that seemed to work better than I expected"

mootoall
2010-08-24, 10:03 AM
"Aye, ye got th' idea!"

Rumel
2010-08-24, 10:19 AM
Here let me try. rumel picks up a tarp and tries to use it as a cloak while tying his hair in a not. Then he rubs coal under his eye in an attempt to look like a beggar.

Rumel
2010-08-24, 11:01 AM
(sorry roll glitches... Again)

[roll0]

mootoall
2010-08-24, 11:20 AM
"Ah, let's help ya oot a bit wi' tha'." Aid Another [roll0]

Rumel
2010-08-24, 11:27 AM
Sorry but I don't think ya helped much

mootoall
2010-08-24, 12:25 PM
"No, Ah dinnae think Ah did. Why don'tcha try ag'n?"

GodGoblin
2010-08-24, 12:28 PM
"Here let me have a go."

[roll0]

"I told you I was good at this" Shay says smirking

Rumel
2010-08-24, 12:38 PM
I look so different thanks for the help, i couldnt have done it better myself says rumel looking at himself.

Doombringer
2010-08-25, 04:29 AM
You all disguise yourselves fairly well now it is time to head out you know the guards in back alleys are not as high for fear of being murdered or stole from. The back alleys are a dangerous place for people who do not know them..luckily you do.

Rumel
2010-08-25, 09:40 AM
Rumel follows the trail to the library looking down every ally for guards

mootoall
2010-08-25, 09:52 AM
Lorm follows, trying to make as little noise as possible in his armor.

Psilulz
2010-08-25, 10:38 AM
Keyton will also do the same

GodGoblin
2010-08-25, 10:53 AM
Shay follows behind keeping an eye on our flanks.

Doombringer
2010-08-26, 07:22 AM
You make it to the library with little to no problems now came the tricky part getting inside. Two guard are at the doot leaning against the pillars seemingly half asleep the best chance may be now who knows when the next change of guards is due.

mootoall
2010-08-26, 07:46 AM
"A'right then, Ah'll be gittin' tha' guard on tha left then. Rumel, Ah suggest ye wait fer the guards ta git distracted while Shay and Keyton deal wi' the oth'r." Stepping out from the back alley, Lorm innocently walks towards the guards, draws his acts, and when ten feet away charges forward and strikes! Charging Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] (sheet's wrong, should be an extra +2 damage for 2 handed weapon)

GodGoblin
2010-08-26, 11:57 AM
Shay nods in acceptance of Lorm's plan, in one swift motion draws her bow and an arrow from within her cloak, takes aim at the other guard and looses the arrow

To Hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Rumel
2010-08-26, 12:19 PM
Rumel takes aim at the charged gaurd and throws a knife. Then he tries to hide to sneak attack again.

Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Ohhhh ya natural 20 and MAX damage to. *sniff* I think I'm gonna cry... So 18 damage plus a 1d6*2 :smallbiggrin:.

Rumel
2010-08-26, 12:27 PM
Sneak attack

Damage [roll0]

Ohhhhh ya this is sweet a natural garunteed hit AND 30 damage... Suck on that guard... Unless he's already dead. :smallbiggrin:

mootoall
2010-08-26, 12:33 PM
OOC @Rumel: It's not doubled unless you confirm the critical, and you don't double SA damage. However, first level guards are probably dead with just a normal hit anyway.

Psilulz
2010-08-26, 11:53 PM
If there is still a guard left alive, Keyton will manifest an energy ray [fire], using a wild surge with it
hit (touch): [roll0]
damage: [roll1] (fire)
psychic enervation: [roll2]

Doombringer
2010-08-27, 09:41 AM
Both the guards fall down flat on there faces with a loud thud. no alarm this time but you are going to have to be quick..the next guard change is coming soon. Just your luck however the door is locked..

(OOC)
You killed the first one so I assume that crit (from Rumel) was for the second.

Rumel
2010-08-27, 10:01 AM
Rumel tries to pick the lock, but has to improvise with nearby materials.

Open lock: [roll0]

Doombringer
2010-08-27, 10:16 AM
Rumel easily pops the lock open and steps inside looking around it is dark and perfect for sneaky people to hide while searching. The rest of the group can enter as they please or check the bodies.

OOC:
(Bed time here nice roll Rumel will see you guys later this evening.)

mootoall
2010-08-27, 10:24 AM
Rumel, it'd probably be a good idea to invest in some tools in the future. Lorm, knowing he'd be fairly useless once inside the library, drags the two bodies of the guards away from the entrance of the library and into a back alley, and proceeds to search them. Hiding the bodies so it might take a while for the new guards to find them, and searching the bodies. If the roll is lower than ten, I take ten, assuming I'm not under pressure. [roll0]

Rumel
2010-08-27, 10:34 AM
Rumel deos his best to understand the order of books and searches the area that it most likely be in.

search: [roll0]
Shouldn't I get a circumstance bonus for the book being in a library order I mean it would make sense that that would be easier to find what I'm looking for :smallbiggrin:

GodGoblin
2010-08-27, 11:00 AM
Shay mutters a prayer in elvish, as she does so her eyes seem to briefly flare up with a holy light. She then readies her bow and stands just to the side of the door listening for any guards.

OOC-
Shay casts Guidance on herself

Im also readying an action to step round the door and shoot as soon as I hear a guard

A listen check- [roll0]

The attack roll in case you want it now- [roll1]

Doombringer
2010-08-28, 07:25 AM
To Lorm:
(Bodies you find masterwork long swords..masterwork shield and masterwork chainmail..as well as 20 gold each.)

Rumel looks around and finnal spots large map hanging on the wall of the library...it looks well drawn showing bluprints the works..whomever made this was truly an artist.

Rumel
2010-08-28, 08:37 AM
Rumel takes the map and checks to see if it would fit I'm his small bag

mootoall
2010-08-28, 12:03 PM
Lorm takes the mail, swords and fourty gp, planning to split it up later, straps the swords to his belt, throws the mail over his shoulder, and hides the bodies. He then stands watch in the alley across from the building, ready to charge the next change of guard.

Psilulz
2010-08-28, 03:54 PM
"All right then... It looks like we're set. We headin to the food now, or back to HQ to drop off what we've picked up so far?"

mootoall
2010-08-28, 04:02 PM
After motioning for everyone to vacate the library while it appears there are no more guards in sight, and assuming everyone gathers, Lorm says "Unless someone c'n use this stuff, I reck'n we c'n c'ntinue ri' on ta tha granary. Rum'l, what's tha map say aboot tha location?"

Rumel
2010-08-28, 04:08 PM
We barely did anything I'm up for getting some food l, let me just see where to go first rumel says as he searches the map.

GodGoblin
2010-08-29, 05:02 AM
Shay steps up to Lorm looking at the armour and weapons "Fine craftsmanship, thats the problem with living in a forest decent metal can be very hard to come by. If no one else is interested could I take the mail and one of those blades?"

Doombringer
2010-08-29, 08:20 AM
You quickly move towards the grnanary after procuring the map yet another place that might be guarded..so best to be on a good look out. You can get there in about five minutes if you take the safer route plenty of time be an alarm is sounded from the replacement guard.

OOC:
(Each player earns 200 xp from that last encounter...gonna level you guys up quicker at lower levels to get to the good stuff)

mootoall
2010-08-29, 10:33 AM
"Och, take et. Ah dinnae have any use fer such a small blade, an' ah' think ah'll take the oth'r arm'r." Lorm dons the chainmail, and puts the longsword at his side. It could still be potentially useful in a pinch, though he preferred his axe.

GodGoblin
2010-08-29, 11:32 AM
"Thank you this should help in the battles to come"

Shay swaps over the armour and places the spare in her pack, then puts the sword on her belt next to the existing one.

As they all get closer o the granary Shay yet again readies her bow.

Rumel
2010-08-29, 11:45 AM
Rumel says I don't really need any weapons or armor but I will take a higher amount of gold in exchange. he says while twirling another knife in his hand. I hope that this place is better gaurded I didn't even break a sweat last with those too wimps.

mootoall
2010-08-29, 11:57 AM
Rumel says I don't really need any weapons or armor but I will take a higher amount of gold in exchange. he says while twirling another knife in his hand. I hope that this place is better gaurded I didn't even break a sweat last with those too wimps.

"Ach, we'll nah be splittin' oop the gold. It be going towards whatev'r tha group be needin', nah to any one person. Though Ah hope the next batch o' guards be tha same challenge! If everything's this easy, we'll be killin' tha king in no time."

Rumel
2010-08-30, 12:18 PM
Fair enough, but can I use some to get proper tools

mootoall
2010-08-30, 12:25 PM
"O' course ye can. Ye are our resident sneaky fella." Lorm then looks at the map, and says "Well, we're 'ere. It seems ta be tha' buildin' o'er thar. Ev'ry one ready ta lib'rate some food?" He hoists his axe from his back, and gives it a few swings. "Ah know Ah am."

Rumel
2010-08-30, 12:48 PM
Rumel wraps himself in the cloak and grasps his knife ready to throw and slowly moves closer. Same plan as before I'm guessing I'll wait for my turn then

GodGoblin
2010-08-30, 01:14 PM
Shay knocks yet another arrow and follows closely behind.

Doombringer
2010-09-01, 08:54 AM
The granary was a little more well guarded four guards dressed in similar gear were sitting around not really doing a good job. The smell of fresh cooked stew was easy to smell over that campfire that the smug group was flaunting in front of you or so you thought. Inside the granary there was plenty enough dried fruits and vegetables as well as grain for making bread..which you will eventually need to survive.

OOC:
(Go ahead and act everyone they are also not prepared this time. Roll your initiative in your post and I will resolve everything at the end of each round.)
Oh and sorry been away sick better now and ready to play YAY!!

mootoall
2010-09-01, 09:10 AM
Lorm, seeing the guards woefully unprepared for a raid, charges directly at the guard at the farthest end of the fire, swinging his axe at his chest. Init: [roll0] attack: [roll1] damage: [roll2]

Rumel
2010-09-01, 09:48 AM
Rumel sees a distracted gaurd watching his teammates die, gets a small grin and throws a knife directly towards him

Initiative: [roll0] Sweet! :smallwink:
Hit: [roll1] Awsome! :smallbiggrin:
Damage: [roll2] Great! :smalltongue:
Sneak Attack: [roll3] Meh... :smallannoyed:

GodGoblin
2010-09-01, 10:41 AM
Shay moves into close range with her bow and releases an arrow at a guard on the other side of the fire.

Init- [roll0]
To hit- [roll1]
Damage- [roll2]

Psilulz
2010-09-01, 12:43 PM
Keyton lets loose a bolt of burning energy at the nearest guard
Initiative: [roll0]
Manifesting Energy Ray and using Wild Surge
Hit: [roll1] Touch
Damage: [roll2]
Psychic Enervation: [roll3]

((Kept messing up my roll codes X_X))

Doombringer
2010-09-03, 10:27 AM
You make quick work of the guards and look to the granary there food and the armor gives you all you carry. You are close to your base when the first alarms go up you have survived your first mission..but you know the security will be much tighter around the city now.

mootoall
2010-09-03, 10:40 AM
Once the group arrives at the base, Lorm says "Well tha's wha' Ah'm talkin' about. Nothin' like gettin' some food in mah belly an' some a those tyrannical guards dead."

GodGoblin
2010-09-03, 10:46 AM
"Well thank Sheverash for that, I didnt think id find myself thankful to be back in here"

Shay removes her cloak, weapons and armour before lying back on a large crate and breathing a long sigh of relief.

Rumel
2010-09-03, 05:08 PM
Rumel say Alright that was good for today but tommorow has more waiting for us so I'm gonna go to bed now before I gotta kill more of those guards. and falls asleep in his bedroll laid out on a pile of soft ground.

Doombringer
2010-09-07, 10:03 AM
You all sleep and soon when wondering the street as a commoner you hear the news of how the King is coming back from a long trip and will be holding a massive ball to celebrate his reign of nearly one hundred years..just how he has been alive that long is anyone's guess.

Psilulz
2010-09-08, 01:14 AM
"Such a long life is... unnatural. All the more reason to end it." Keyton feels quite alive and well, now that his hunger is satiated. Of course all of the other supplies at HQ are suffering. "What else we need to get rid of that scum? Weapons? Armor? Followers?"

GodGoblin
2010-09-10, 05:38 AM
"For a human at least, I am not familiar with this city are you sure your ruler is not an elf? Either way are we thinking of attacking during the ball? Its awfully public but could work"

Shay stops to think for a moment.

"Followers would be very helpfull, I doubt we could hold any form of recruitment without being swarmed on by the guards though.."

mootoall
2010-09-10, 08:57 AM
"Ach, tha ball ain't exactly tha most ideal place ta attack 'im. There's no way we could get inta tha castle through tha front gates, and I dinnae know any secret way in. An' Shay's righ', gettin' follower's'll be hard, 'specially considerin' most folks're too scared ta rebel."

Rumel
2010-09-10, 09:05 AM
Give me five minutes and I'm sure I can find an entrance in that place

mootoall
2010-09-10, 09:20 AM
"Oh really? Yer awfully cocky aboot tha'. Tha castle is tha single most well guarded place in tha kingdom. And tha'll be doubled considerin' all tha nobles and notables tha'll be thar. If'n ya ask me, tha only chance we'll get will be a' tha parade inta tha city, and even then thar's only gonna be chance to ge' a few shots off at 'im from a distance, and I dinnae think tha'll be enough to kill 'im. Even considerin' tha fact tha his priests an' wizards 'ave prob'ly warded 'im against tha'. No, considerin' the increase in security tha's gonna be goin' on, I recommend we eith'r lay low, or even leave the city fer a while. After all, while most o' tha guards are here, I see no reason ta let tha other cities' nobles feel comf'rtable."

GodGoblin
2010-09-10, 10:41 AM
"The castles defenses would matter if were some how invited to the ball, anyone have any nobles who owe them favours?"

GodGoblin
2010-09-17, 08:40 AM
Suddenly a new idea came to Shay mabye it was the help of the Gods.

"Or.. We could wait until the ball is in motion and use the lack of security around the city to raid some more food stores and weaken the structure of the citys economics and in the ensueing chaos we can make our move against the nobles and king"

mootoall
2010-09-17, 10:01 PM
"Ach, tha' makes more sense. Wit' tha guard on high alert wit' tha king an' all, tha other, less well protected places in tha city will be even more vulnerable!"

Rumel
2010-09-17, 10:11 PM
Why not the armory? I heard that there was a shipment of shiney things that just got in, and we can stop by the bank for some gold on the way back

OOC: I just sort of threw the weapons thing in there to keep the story going :smallbiggrin:

mootoall
2010-09-17, 10:15 PM
"Well, Ah dinnae know about tha bank, but tha arm'ry seems like as good a place as any to raid while there's such a to-do elsewhere."

Rumel
2010-09-17, 10:19 PM
Shay, are you up for a little raid? Rumel says with a small grin.

GodGoblin
2010-09-18, 12:11 AM
"Absolutely, take the best stuff for ourselves and see what we can do about destroying the rest. Maybe a nice big fire could work? Probably wouldn't melt the steel but the binding or handles would be ruined so the gear will be rendered completely useless."
Shay smiles at the thought before continue on.
"Oh and we will need some oil ,ready to go?l"

Rumel
2010-09-18, 01:36 AM
Remind me not to make you mad

Psilulz
2010-09-18, 02:22 AM
"Ready when everyone else is."

Doombringer
2010-09-18, 10:15 AM
So the plan to attack the armory is in motion. The streets are still crowded when you move outside and several guards roving the streets to your suprise. The town is swarming obviously any attack would be folly. The town was far to tense from your last attack. It might be a good time to hit some of the smaller trading caravans that are coming into the city.

mootoall
2010-09-18, 11:12 AM
Lorm gathers everyone in a back alley, and whispers"Ach, I knew it wouldn't be safe ta attack tha nobles with security this high, but Ah dinnae know it would be this crowded. Well, looks like our first plan is shot."