PDA

View Full Version : How many attacks am I getting?

Nick_mi
2010-08-21, 12:50 PM
I am currently a 9th level. All my levels are in classes that gave +1 BA so I have a +9/+4 BA

I have one level in bear warrior allowing me to become a bear. A bear gets 2 claws and a bite attack. I also have a level in warshaper, and morphic weapons allows me to grow horns.

So, how many attacks do I get? As it stands now, my DM is allowing me to make all 4 full attacks at my +9, and then all 4 full attacks at my +4. That doesn't seem right, so I'm looking for help.

TaintedLight
2010-08-21, 12:52 PM
Well, warshaper messes things up quite a bit because it does not specify any limit on the number of tendrils/arms/legs/claws/whatever that you can grow and attack with.

Vangor
2010-08-21, 12:57 PM
I am currently a 9th level. All my levels are in classes that gave +1 BA so I have a +9/+4 BA

I have one level in bear warrior allowing me to become a bear. A bear gets 2 claws and a bite attack. I also have a level in warshaper, and morphic weapons allows me to grow horns.

So, how many attacks do I get? As it stands now, my DM is allowing me to make all 4 full attacks at my +9, and then all 4 full attacks at my +4. That doesn't seem right, so I'm looking for help.

Natural weapons never get iterative attacks from high BAB, and assuming you lack the Multiattack feat you would get 2 Claws at +9 BAB, a Bite at +4 BAB, and whatever additional attack you would take from Warshaper at +4 BAB as well.

And TaintedLight is correct the Warshaper description is a little awkward in not specifying how many additional weapons you can shape into. A convincing argument can be made for multiple natural weapons.

Greenish
2010-08-21, 12:59 PM
You get one attack with each natural weapon, regardless of your BAB.

A bear with a horn would have claw/claw/bite/gore, with the claw attacks as primary natural weapons, each getting your full strength mod to damage, then bite and gore at full BAB -5 each (or -2 with multiattack) and 0.5 strength mod to damage.

Person_Man
2010-08-21, 01:46 PM
Here are your options:

1) When in humanoid form, you get two attacks. +9/+4.

2) When in bear form (when you rage), you get three attacks. claw/claw/bite. Your claws are your primary attack, and your bite is your secondary attack. So +9/+9/+4. Each monster with natural weapons has this listed in their stat block.

3) If you take the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, when in bear form you can theoretically do both. (Improved Unarmed Strike doesn't necessarily require fists. It can be head butts, kicks, etc). Then your attack would be Unarmed Strike/Unarmed Strike/Claw/Claw/Bite, +9/+4/+4/+4/+4. Your Unarmed Strike is your primary attack, and everything else is secondary. However, there are plenty of DMs who ban this, because the idea of a kung-fu panda seems cheesy and fake.

4) When in bear form, Warshaper theoretically allows you to grow infinite additional natural weapons. Horns, tentacles, etc. However, most DMs either eliminate this ability (and simply allow it to increase the damage of existing natural weapons) or limit it to a set number of extra natural attacks (for example, they allow you to add 1 additional attack). Any such extra natural weapons would be secondary attacks. So Claw/Claw/Bite/Horns, +9/+9/+4/+4.

In my games I limit the players to #1 and #2 and ban Polymorph/Alter Self/Wild Shape abuse. But that's just me imposing a house rule for the sake of balance. Your DM is the only opinion that matters.

Flickerdart
2010-08-21, 01:54 PM
You can also combine natural attacks and weapon attacks. If you got a way to hold a sword in one claw, you'd attack with the sword twice, and then with your other claw and bite as secondary attacks.

Greenish
2010-08-21, 02:23 PM
You can also combine natural attacks and weapon attacks. If you got a way to hold a sword in one claw, you'd attack with the sword twice, and then with your other claw and bite as secondary attacks.Wilding Clasped Gloves of the Man?