PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be... (costume ideas)

Dvil
2010-08-21, 04:47 PM
Riff Raff!

I've just been invited to a friend's fancy dress AFONAL party, about a month from now, and I've decided to go as Riff Raff, from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't want to just buy a packaged costume (not least because I doubt the quality), so does anyone know how I could make one? I'm taking my ingredients from the list on this (http://www.rockyhorrorcostumelist.info/anlriff.htm) page, but do the members of this incredible forum have any suggestions?

I'm particularly worried about the hump. I'm unwilling to sew it into the jacket, because that then makes it unusable for anything else, but I'm worried that I'll need some method of securing it otherwise whatever I'm using will just fall out periodically.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-08-21, 04:49 PM
For the hump, just make one out of some mildly comfortable material, stick two straps on it, and stick your arms through the straps. Voila! A hump backpack, and one that will stay in place.

RandomNPC
2010-08-21, 10:13 PM
I thought this was going to be a halloween costume sugestions conversation, I was getting ready to sugest Santa or the Easter Bunny as costumes.

More on topic, the backpack hump is a good idea, just make the straps adjustable, just in case.

Warlock Odin
2010-08-22, 08:52 PM
I went as Riff Raff once to The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Theatre but it was a poor attempt i looked to butlery rather than horrid.

The backpack hump is a wise suggestion

With the baldcap you may have to bit the bullet and buy one that is meant to be Riff Raff's hair as I don't know how you would get around that easely.

If you can stand the heels Francenfurter is soo much easier... I've been told :smallwink:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-08-22, 11:03 PM
If you can stand the heels Francenfurter is soo much easier... I've been told :smallwink:

You've really got to pull off drag well to go as Frank-N-Furter. And I don't think drag and fancy dress party really go together all that much.

Dvil
2010-08-23, 03:48 AM
I'm afraid I don't really have the figure to go for a Frank N Furter costume, unfortunately. A Riff Raff wig may turn out to be necessary, you're right.