PDA

View Full Version : Help with a couple of books.

Mystic Muse
2010-08-21, 10:25 PM
Well, a local bookstore is going out of business in a couple of days so I picked up a couple of books. However, I know nothing about them and can't find a whole lot out about them or their authors. Here are the books.
1. Deadtown by Nancy Holzner
2. Wereling by Steve Feasey (There's a similarly named series by Stephen cole which you may be thinking of)
3. The hollow people by Brian Keaney.
4. Except the queen by Jane Yolen.

Does anybody know anything about these? I just read a page about another book I was thinking of picking up that, according to TVtropes, sounds like it would have scarred me for life. Which makes me not want to open any of these.

Jimorian
2010-08-21, 11:37 PM
Not familiar with most of the names, but Jane Yolen is one of the very best writers in the world, winning major awards in everything from children's picture books, young adult stories and novels (The Devil's Arithmetic being one classic example), to science fiction and fantasy. Anything she writes is well worth reading. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2010-08-21, 11:40 PM
Not familiar with most of the names, but Jane Yolen is one of the very best writers in the world, winning major awards in everything from children's picture books, young adult stories and novels (The Devil's Arithmetic being one classic example), to science fiction and fantasy. Anything she writes is well worth reading. :smallsmile:

Good to know!

I'd like to know about the other ones too though.

Iku Rex
2010-08-21, 11:54 PM
http://www.amazon.com/

Dr.Epic
2010-08-22, 12:17 PM
Just read them. Worst case scenario you waste several hours reading some books.