PDA

View Full Version : Good Grab-Killing Build(3.5)

PersonMan
2010-08-22, 04:42 AM
Alright, I was wondering what the best way to make this concept work is. The concept is a character who specializes in touch spells, running around exploding/destroying/otherwise injuring enemies with cinematic face-grabbing and pulses of energy(If you've seen Code Geass, it's a lot like the Radiant Wave Surger).

Level 12, human race preffered. I have access to most books.

ex cathedra
2010-08-22, 05:04 AM
The problem with this is that characters who want to specialize in Touch spells want to be in melee, and characters who can cast touch spells don't generally want to be in melee. It can be pretty difficult to keep a decent amount of survivability while still working towards the idea you have in mind.

I would suggest something like Paladin 2/Sorcerer 5/War Mage 5 (the Age of Mortals War Mage, not the Warmage base class), immediately going into Abjurant Champion. The good thing here is that you're very nearly SAD, because you get Charisma to your spellcasting, saves, and AC. Constitution is still very important, however.

I would suggest making your go-to touch spell something like Combust from the Spell Compendium, since it makes a very good metamagic seed.

Reis Tahlen
2010-08-22, 05:10 AM
Why not simply Warmage 8/Fighter 1/Occult Champion X? With the feat which allows you to use heavy armors, Battle Magic, some other feat to help you beef your character, and good BAB, you should have a decent melee touch-attack character.

JeminiZero
2010-08-22, 05:22 AM
1 Wu Jen / 2 Cloistered Cleric / 9 Geomancer (progress Cleric)

Wu Jen is used for the bonus metamagic feat, but if you want you can use any other arcane spellcasting class that grants you level 1 spells (which can be sanctumed into level 2 spells for Geomancer qualification).

Important Feats:
-Sanctum Spell (early qualification of Geomancer)
-Practiced Spellcaster: Cleric

Nice to Have Feats:
-Energy Substitution Fire
-Searing Spell (so that your attacks are garunteed to deal damage regardless of resistance/immunity)
-Extend Spell
-Persist Spell
-DMM Persist Spell (for persist Divine Power)

Important Geomancer Drifts:
-Drift 3: Crocodile Bite
-Drift 4: Weasal Attachment Bite
-Drift 5: Poisonous Bite

Important Spells:
-Venomfire (Geomancer Poisonous Bite qualifies you for this. Now add Fire Substitution and Searing Spell)

How it Works:
-Geomancer can give you a poisonous bite that automatically attaches when it hits (AFAIK, regardless of size differences).
-Arguably, the poison damage should apply every round you remain attached.
-Venomfire replaces your poison with energy damage.

High Cheese:
-According to Weasel Attachment (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Dire_Weasel), to unattach you, you first have to be pinned by your enemy. Arguably, you can prevent this from happening by casting Freedom of movement, essentially rendering you unpinnable and hence unattachable.
-In theory, you can also grab Ferocity from Drift 4, and combo that with DMM Persist Delay Death.
-Venomfire does uncapped 1d6/CL damage. With some hefty CL boosting shenanigans, you might be able to hit CL 25 for 25d6 damage.