PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Space

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-22, 07:21 AM
I just finished my first run-through of this game, and I have to say, I liked it a lot.

For those who don't know, its a spaceship themed jrpg for the DS, with hundreds of characters (ranging from protagonists to slightly fleshed out), lots of ship customisation, and a story that hits every cliché in the book, but manges to be awesome anyway. Nice and big too. My first runthrough lasted over 40 hours. Oh yeah, and there's ridiculous amounts of bishonen.Info here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfiniteSpace).

So has anyone here played this?

Ikialev
2010-08-22, 09:29 AM
I have. For about an hour, and then I got stuck on the Panfilov[that's the name?] battle. I just can't beat him :x

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-22, 09:44 AM
Yeah, he kicked me in the teeth a bit at first. I think the trouble is, the initial learning curve is pretty sharp, and the game never really explains efficient strategy. The problem with the tutorial is you are controlling the best ship available in the game, fighting some the weakest ships in the game. You could slowly urinate on the enemy ships out of the gun hatch and not lose that fight.

If your in the position I was, you'll have been able to win every fight so far by just shooting with normal. This is the first fight with strategy. Simple advice, that holds true for most fights, is immediately dodge, and back off till your in the red. Then edge in just into the range of all your guns. Wait until he does something, then barrage him, dodge, back off, rinse and repeat. Remember to change target to the ships in front first. That confused me for a bit.