PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Build me an Airship

Kalrik
2010-08-22, 02:36 PM
So, my party has discovered ancient doccuments on how to build elementally powered conveyences. They have convinced their benevolent employer to take them on as a partner, they provide some of the financial backing and the plans, he provides craftsman and the spellcasters required.

Now, how long does it take? If we say the cost is 92k gp, how much of that is the magic of the ship and how much is the material cost for the ship? If a longship is 10k gp, could we assume that the rest is the magic item cost? The party is hounding me on this and I'd like to be able to give them a realistic RAW answer. Any help is appriciated.

I've determined the DC to make a boat is going to be 20 and the spellcraft DC to make the magic is going to be 25...CL15+5 base+5 missing req. Both can be easily satisfied. How many times can one be aided for the bonus on a craft check?

Absolute minimum time would be 82/92 days...depending on if a portion of base cost is materials for ship.

The Pressman
2010-08-23, 01:32 AM
For 60,000 gp you get a non-magical airship. It's from the Arms And Equipment Guide.

Morithias
2010-08-23, 01:33 AM
If you treated it as a mobile stronghold, the rules in the builder's guide state one week per 10k of cost so...around 70 days.

hamishspence
2010-08-23, 03:59 AM
For 60,000 gp you get a non-magical airship. It's from the Arms And Equipment Guide.

Doesn't it have magical elemental-powered propellers, though?

The Pressman
2010-08-23, 05:04 AM

I wasn't clear on that bit. Probably though, now that I come to think of it.

FelixG
2010-08-23, 05:06 AM

magical giant space hamsters running on wheels to turn the propellers just below the deck!