PDA

View Full Version : Monks Full round attack in pathfinder

Prax4788
2010-08-22, 04:47 PM
im trying to figure out the best way for a monk to get his full round attack like how u could with pounce in 3.5

are there any items ability's ore otherwise and if so how do i get them

imperialspectre
2010-08-22, 04:51 PM
Jason Buhlman is already on record that monks doing meaningful amounts of damage in Pathfinder is unacceptably broken (thus the errata banning Improved Natural Attack for monk's unarmed strike). I doubt that any Pathfinder material will get you what you're looking for.

Prax4788
2010-08-22, 04:52 PM
Jason Buhlman is already on record that monks doing meaningful amounts of damage in Pathfinder is unacceptably broken (thus the errata banning Improved Natural Attack for monk's unarmed strike). I doubt that any Pathfinder material will get you what you're looking for.

i the core book already says they don't stack a unarmed strike is not a natural attack
but i may be mistaken

Greenish
2010-08-22, 04:57 PM
Jason Buhlman is already on record that monks doing meaningful amounts of damage in Pathfinder is unacceptably brokenWhere's that? (Just out of curiosity.)

Oh, and for Prax: A monk's unarmed strike is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.

A feat is an effect, it has been argued, and seems to be generally accepted in 3.5 (the line is identical in 3.5 and PF).

Snake-Aes
2010-08-22, 05:00 PM
Travel Devotion is pretty good, considering you get all that movement as a swift action.

Prax4788
2010-08-22, 05:03 PM
Travel Devotion is pretty good, considering you get all that movement as a swift action.

what is that exactly and how do i find it

Snake-Aes
2010-08-22, 05:04 PM
what is that exactly and how do i find it

Complete champion. Once per day you can move as a swift action(up to your move) for 10 rounds.
If you can pull psionics, tashalatora monk 1(or 2)/psychic warrior has full flurry and inconstant location, which is better (once per round, for 10 rounds, teleport up to your move). It also applies to one of sun school combat's (complete warrior) maneuvers: when you move with abilities similar to dimension door (as abundant step and inconstant location), you gain a free attack at full bab.

Prax4788
2010-08-22, 05:11 PM
Complete champion. Once per day you can move as a swift action(up to your move) for 10 rounds.
If you can pull psionics, tashalatora monk 1(or 2)/psychic warrior has full flurry and inconstant location, which is better (once per round, for 10 rounds, teleport up to your move). It also applies to one of sun school combat's (complete warrior) maneuvers: when you move with abilities similar to dimension door (as abundant step and inconstant location), you gain a free attack at full bab.

sadly i know of all these combos im but im stuck to pathfinder

and convince my dm to let me do more damage wont be easy im already doing 3d6 plus 10 on each attack

Snake-Aes
2010-08-22, 05:13 PM
Pathfinder is supposed to be compatible with 3.5 Why can't you use such things? Because pathfinder core the only thing you have is stunning fist + medusa wrath.

Prax4788
2010-08-22, 05:17 PM
Pathfinder is supposed to be compatible with 3.5 Why can't you use such things? Because pathfinder core the only thing you have is stunning fist + medusa wrath.

mainly cause all the content being not being balanced ageist one another is what broke 3.5

so everything is on a ask the dm leash

gartius
2010-08-22, 05:18 PM
pathfinder is backwards compatable with 3.5 so you could ask your dm if he will allow pounce.

edit:ninja'd

Snake-Aes
2010-08-22, 05:25 PM
:p the very same "brokeness" that exists in 3.5 exists in 3.75

Well, I am not going to bother convincing your dm. His reason to forbid it is exactly the type that can't be argued with because it has no basis other than personal bias.

Lunge will give you +5' reach in trade of 2 ac. If you have good strength, power attack gives you -1 ab +2 damage (up to -3 +6 from your bab iirc)

Medusa Wrath is handy. Don't bother with its pre-requisites, you can get it for free at monk11 or something.

Mongoose87
2010-08-22, 05:46 PM
If you have to ask the DM, then why not ask the DM?

Prax4788
2010-08-22, 05:49 PM
If you have to ask the DM, then why not ask the DM?

i plan to but i was just wondering mainly if there was anything in pathfinder it self