PDA

View Full Version : Please identify a game for me.

Sydonai
2010-08-22, 08:21 PM
I've heard of a rpg called "Aramar", but I haven't been able to get any information about it, I not even sure if its ever been published.

Do any of you know about it?

psilontech
2010-08-23, 12:27 AM
A Google search revealed this very thread.

I don't think it exists there, buddy.:smallwink:

Or maybe it does. Could we get a little more information? Where did you hear about it from?

... Are you sure you spelled it correctly?

Caustic Soda
2010-08-23, 03:56 AM
I have never heard of it, but you may get more attention on some of the other sub-forums.

if it is a crpg and not a tabletop rpg, then you may be able to find more information in the Media Discussions sub-forum, where there is a thread about that kind of thing. if it is a homebrew or a tabletop rpg, then you will likely get more attention in the Homebrew Design and Roleplaying games respectively.

Good luck with your search :smallsmile:.

Neo
2010-08-23, 04:50 AM
yeah, i'm thinking the name is incorrect somehow, all I can seem to find apart from this thread is games that have a character called Aramar, even Mobygames hasn't heard of it.

Driderman
2010-08-23, 04:56 AM
More information required for identification

Avilan the Grey
2010-08-23, 05:20 AM
I assume you don't mean (Shadows of) Agmar?

Murska
2010-08-23, 11:34 AM
I assume you don't mean (Shadows of) Agmar?

Are you sure you don't mean (Shadows of) Angmar? :smalltongue:

Sydonai
2010-08-23, 01:03 PM
Its a tabletop RPG and I think its based on D&D, but I'm not sure. It has little to no planar activity, only five humans in the entire setting( one of them is a famous assasin and another is an emperor), and may or may not be based in a Dryson Sphere. The most infamous things about it are the Ardrow, Dark elves that aren't evil and arrived in the setting as refugees, and the Delphins Amazons, a near human and mostly female race.

I think that the setting is someones homebrew and copyright cr@p forced them to delete all the information for it.

Sydonai
2010-08-23, 01:17 PM
Aramar, The 8th Age.

Thats what I've seen it called.

The eight ages are "The first Age of Man", "The Age Of Technology", "The Age Of Exodus", "The Age Of Sorcerer-Kings", "The Age Of Empire", "The Age Of Rebuilding", "The Age Of Spelljammers", "The Age Of War", and the Current, as of yet unnamed, Age.

I've only seen it mentioned in fanfiction (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/71901/1/A_Different_Art), but it seem a little to fleshed-out to be something made by an part-time fanfiction writer.

Oh, heres another one (http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/frecent.php?tag=A+Ranma+in+Aramar).

Maybe it is only in these stories:smallsigh:, still, it looks pretty interesting.

Asheram
2010-08-23, 01:23 PM
Its a tabletop RPG and I think its based on D&D, but I'm not sure. It has little to no planar activity, only five humans in the entire setting( one of them is a famous assasin and another is an emperor), and may or may not be based in a Dryson Sphere. The most infamous things about it are the Ardrow, Dark elves that aren't evil and arrived in the setting as refugees, and the Delphins Amazons, a near human and mostly female race.

I think that the setting is someones homebrew and copyright cr@p forced them to delete all the information for it.

Sounds a bit like the plot for "Gardens of the moon" :P

Naw. But I'd bet my money on that it's a game based upon the Planescape or Spelljammer setting.

Edit: Ah. only seen in fanfics, then the possibility that there actually is a game pretty low.

Neo
2010-08-23, 06:05 PM
yeah, looks like it's a part of the Lamp of Mihoshi fanfic universe on the second site you linked.

Thread Index (http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/frecent.php?tag=Lamp+Of+Mihoshi)

Sydonai
2017-02-18, 02:01 AM
Wow this is old.
I was randomly looking through old links I had and saw this thing, so I thought that I'd stop by to say that I eventually did find what I was looking for; Aramar (http://www.geocities.ws/mamoru_tengoku/)