PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Overload of feats

Halae
2010-08-22, 09:26 PM
alright, I'm about to start playing a game which I will be starting as a level 8 fighter, with the following changes to the fighter class

- d12 HD
- The Base saves of a dragon
- And bonus feats can be any feat as long as prerequisites are met

now, I'm a baby red dragon with his 7 HD replaced by fighter levels, with these changes... wow. That's a lot of very variable feats.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: and please, no gamebreaking cheese. I am already a dragon after all. That should be enough.

Marnath
2010-08-22, 09:30 PM
I'd suggest some of the breath metamagic feats in dragonomicon, and flyby attack, that sort of thing.

grarrrg
2010-08-22, 09:37 PM
level 8 fighter......7 HD replaced by fighter levels

*obligatory "Fighter 7 is garbage" can u change it to XXXXXX? kthxbai*

Snake-Aes
2010-08-22, 09:38 PM
Well...multiattack and rapidstrike are givens, I suppose. Multiattack is from Monster Manual, Rapidstrike(and improved rapidstrike) are from draconomicon. Both are pretty darn good if you are a dragon.
You won't get rapidstrike till 10+ tho o.o

weeeeeeee~eeell... power attack? flyby attack! if you think your maneuverability will be an issue later on, improved flight (comp adventurer) ups it by 1 category.
You can also get air heritage or something like that (planar handbook) for +30' to your natural fly speed. A single level of barbarian can get you pounce for all those tasty natural attacks.

Caphi
2010-08-22, 09:59 PM
Take your 2 and 6 as Dungeoncrasher. Bull rush from the sky.

Tyndmyr
2010-08-22, 10:23 PM
Improved Toughness. Because you can never, ever have too many hp.

Dodge. Not the regular flavor, one of the better ones, like desert wind dodge. They are still less than stellar on their own, but dodge ends up being a prereq for everything. So, you'll need one of them eventually.

Power attack. Because smashing things harder is pretty much what a fighter does.

Alternatively, break open the tome of battle, and grab maneuvers out of there, via feats. Awesome way to boost a fighter.

Coidzor
2010-08-22, 10:30 PM
Flyby attack + Martial Study for a maneuver to make use of the standard action. (to make it really worth it compared to your full attack)

Power Attack probably.

Dip Barbarian 1 for Pounce (or get it through another route (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358), like Cloistered Cleric 1 w/Travel Devotion) and grab Multiattack.

Hmm. Maybe go for an aptitude weapon of some sort (mouth-pick, maybe?) and get feats like Boomerang Daze or 3 Mountain Style (or whatever that one feat that allows a character to make those that are hit nauseated)