PDA

View Full Version : Abjurant Champion of Transmutation

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-22, 11:15 PM
I requested this on the Request a Homebrew thread a while back but i have'nt gotten anything back, so i turn to an actual thread.

Is there a transmutation version of the Abjurant Champion? If so can i get a link? If not can i commision someone to make it?

Roc Ness
2010-08-23, 01:20 AM
There is the swiftblade, but that doesn't count, does it?

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-23, 01:35 AM
There is the swiftblade, but that doesn't count, does it?

Not really.

Fizban
2010-08-23, 02:21 AM
I think you could probably just substitute "transmutation" instead of "abjuration" and call it good with just a few clarifications. Have Swift Transmutation not work on Alter Self or the Polymorph line for example, and change the spell AC increase from armor and shield to natural armor . Other than that, the rest of the abilities are pretty school-neutral so you can just leave them.

Now, if you want something more transmutation themed, an increase to the ability bonus granted by spells is pretty common, but you'd have to heavily restrict it, such as enhancement bonus spells only, dropping the bonus to 1/2 levels, applying to physical stats only, or a combination of the above. Mainly you should remember that one of the reasons no one complains about the Abjurant Champion, is that it's abilities are all defensive in nature. Higher armor class is never going to break the game compared to all the other ways there are to attack, but if you make the abilities more offensive it's going to get ugly.