PDA

View Full Version : [Eclipse Phase] Firewall tag team

TricksyAndFalse
2010-08-23, 07:54 AM
I have an idea for a two-shot story I'd like to do in Eclipse Phase, but I'd like to ask you all for some additional ideas.

The gimmick is that there will be two teams of PCs who work for Firewall. One group will do a standard infiltration mission in the second session. The other group will be the on-the-ground team setting up weapon caches, false identities, insertion, extraction, and contingency plans for the other team during the first session.

Right now, the plan is to set the mission on Mars. A TITAN weapon has been recovered in the TQZ by some Barsoomian freedom-fighters. They might sell it to an off-world hypercorp to fund the good fight, or they might keep it for themselves to use against Maritan-based hypercorps.

Firewall is justifiably concerned that this weapon should not be in anyone's hands. It's a tool of the TITANs, and probably still pushing the TITAN agenda.

First, I'd like some ideas about what the set-up team should be doing. They need to pick a time and place to steal/deactivate/destroy the weapon. They need to get the other team there (transportation, new sleeves, false identities). They need to arm the other team with equipment and info (hidden weapon cache, hack local systems for blueprints and timetables). They need to arrange for extraction (could be as simple as burn the sleeves and cortical stacks, and restore from back-up, that'll be up to team one). They need to make contingency plans (if team two is captured, how do you keep their cortical stacks out of enemy hands?). They need to create briefings and arrange for debriefing afterward.

Am I missing anything?

Second, if folks have other ideas about what sort of mission would fit really well into this two team set-up, I'd like to hear them.

EDIT: spelling