PDA

View Full Version : Eggshell full of Poison

Beelzebub1111
2010-08-23, 09:54 AM
I know that you can put inhaled poison in an eggshell and throw it, could you put Contact poison in one and hit with a ranged touch attack rather than a weapon attack?

Snake-Aes
2010-08-23, 09:58 AM
I know that you can put inhaled poison in an eggshell and throw it, could you put Contact poison in one and hit with a ranged touch attack rather than a weapon attack?

Splash Weapon rules are an interesting alternative. I am not aware of any canonical rule.

flabort
2010-08-23, 10:12 AM
I'd say yes. Just use improvised weapon rules, for a thrown weapon. If it hits, :smallwink:, you poison 'em!

Snake-Aes
2010-08-23, 10:40 AM
I'd say yes. Just use improvised weapon rules, for a thrown weapon. If it hits, :smallwink:, you poison 'em!

Launch Object! :D

dsmiles
2010-08-23, 10:56 AM

+1 to this.

Zen Master
2010-08-23, 11:05 AM
Hm. Break the eggshell and poison you. Also, why it should be a touch attack is beyond me.

dsmiles
2010-08-23, 11:14 AM
Hm. Break the eggshell and poison you. Also, why it should be a touch attack is beyond me.

In theory, an inhaled poison is going to get into your system as long as the eggshell breaks. I hit your armor with an eggshell, it's going to break (unless it's metal, or something).

A contact poison may have to beat AC, depending on what the AC is. Thick skin? Touch. Scales/actual armor? Beat AC, because the skin is not exposed (or make a called shot to hit exposed skin).

Greenish
2010-08-23, 11:17 AM
Hm. Break the eggshell and poison you. Also, why it should be a touch attack is beyond me.Because the analogues (vials of acid, alchemist's fire etc.) are. Armour doesn't make you more difficult to hit, it only makes it more difficult to land a solid blow that deals damage, which one isn't trying to do with the vial/eggshell.

Yorrin
2010-08-23, 11:32 AM
The rules for this are actually in OA, iirc. In the "special substances and items" section. I know for a fact they have dust egg-bombs, I'm just not sure about the poison.