PDA

View Full Version : The City I - Metropolitan Mayhem (Game Started(Autolynch Replacements accepted))

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Murska
2010-08-23, 10:44 AM
Metropolitan Mayhem 1 - The City

This City is what it is because our citizens are what they are.

~Plato____________________________________

Narrators: Murska and Billtodamax

Setting:

The City:
The city has long been run by the powerful mafia families, who've been content to rake in the profit while in complete control of the corrupted public offices. However, these families are very exclusive and hard on any freelancers. Lately, ethnic minorities and disgruntled youth have begun forming gangs of their own, fighting against the Mafia rule. Rumours indicate they're being supplied by some powerful outside interest, and while less organized, they've been able to strike some vicious blows at the Mafia, who've been sluggish to wake from their comfortable slumber.

However, certain private citizens who just want to live their lifes in peace have had enough of crime rule, fighting on the street, protection rackets and the like. They've decided to take this opportunity to take matters in their own hands, since the city's law enforcement is inept and corrupt.

The Sides:

The Mafia - Characterized by good organization, subtle maneuvering and knowing how to keep a low profile while being known to all the right people, the Mafia are intent on regaining control of the situation.

The Gangs - The Gangs are relatively new, but they're brash, impulsive and packed with firepower. They're going to take out the established organizations, and anyone else who gets in their way. Their organization is not very good, however, and there are many inter-gang disputes.

The Vigilante - Most of the people of the city were used to the situation, and silently watched, hoping they wouldn't get involved. However, one man decided enough is enough. The Vigilante, the Hero, whatever you call him he has plenty of money, plenty of equipment and a firm dedication to ridding his city of crime. What he lacks, however, is people brave enough to help him instead of just quietly praying for his success. Still, he has managed to gather some followers, many with useful talents.

Roles:

The Mafia

The Don:
The Don can either make his point count as two plus tiebreaker or control someone else's point, with a one night cooldown. He is the Mafia mason group leader. He scries as a Mafioso.
Do not act incautiously when confronting a smiling old man in an expensive suit.

The Confidante:
The Confidante is the leader of the Capos. His title is known to the Don but unknown to the Capos themselves. If the Don dies, he gains a scry with one night cooldown and is revealed to the Capos.
The Man we can handle. I'm more worried about who steps up to take his place.

The Capos:
The Capos are the Mafia mason group. They are very powerful and influential and can, as a group, add a night of cooldown to anyone using a type of power(Scrying, killing, protecting, voiding) that night, with a two-night cooldown. However, some of them might be ambitious for the title of Don themselves.
Loyalty may be bought with fear or love. Competence may be bought with money.

The Hitman:
The Hitman can abduct a player once every three nights. He starts operating on night two. The abducted player simply disappears, and his body might be found later on.
How can a simple stretch of wire in the right place be more deadly than all your men and your guns put together?

The Bodyguard:
The Bodyguard can bane a player with an one night cooldown. If his bane is successful, there is a 25% chance the attacker is killed.
The only real security a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability. And guns. Lots of guns.

Corrupt Official:
The Corrupt Official can search the city records and gain the role of one player every night.
Money is like a sixth sense. And you can't make use out of the other five without it.

The Enforcer:
The Enforcer can take measures against a single person each night. That player will be recovering from his treatment the following day, unable to post, point or communicate in any way.
Carrots are fine, but sometimes, what you really need is a very big stick.

Mafioso:
A villager aligned with the Mafia. Roughly 25-30% of the villagers.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a mafioso.

The Gang

Drive-by Shooters:
This group of madmen, equipped with fast cars, loud music and guns that spew bullets faster than anything else on the field, can kill a player once every two nights, starting on night one. (Just one person.)
Boys got toys. Ours are just a bit louder.

Psychopath:
Different from the angry brutes in the street, this man is stylish, cold and completely insane. He plans his kills carefully, and can abduct a player once every four nights. His kills bypass any protection. But of course, just killing a random bypasser doesn't have the elegance he requires. He has specific targets he needs to kill to achieve his win conditions.
A psychopath isn't a professional. You can't work with a psychopath.

Street Rat:
This guy knows the streets and, more importantly, the people. He can scry a person every second night, and if he so wishes, pass the results anonymously to the Drive-By Gang. However, if he does this, there's a 25% chance he leaks the results to the Reporter aswell. He can't scry himself.
The way to make cash is to buy when blood is running the streets.

Drug Dealer:
This man has a stock of different kinds of illegal substances. He can offer them to a player once every day, choosing from either 'mainly negative' or 'mainly positive' drugs. The effects are randomly chosen from a list. However, drugs aren't always so safe. There's a 20% chance that, if the Police Officer is alive, the drug user will be arrested and can't post or vote the following day.
What I sell is relief for a world too full of harsh reality.

The Thugs
These two brothers are big. Very, very large. They can break into someone's house and kidnap him every two nights. The kidnapped player cannot post, vote or use abilities until the next night. If one of the Thugs is killed, the other also dies, drinking himself into a stupor and heading to the streets to avenge his brother.
We're not dumb. It's just that we're not exactly being paid to think, are we?

The Red Flames:
The Red Flames are the biggest gang in the city. They are the ones who've gathered together the gangs for a take-over, and they are the ones organizing and protecting all the meetings. They can bane someone every second night with a 100% chance or every night with a 50% chance. (If they've baned someone the previous night, they have a 50% chance to bane the following night, regardless of the result. If they didn't, it's a 100% chance, except against unblockable kills.) (There's only one of them due to lack of players.)
The Red Flames go fasta!

Gang Member:
A citizen aligned with the gangs. Roughly 25-30% of villagers will be these.
It's not like I got a whole lot'a choice. 'Round here, ya either shoot or get shot.

Vigilante

The Hero:
The original individual, using his charisma and assets to gather support in order to throw out the crime from the city. Mysterious and with a lot of equipment, he survives the first kill-attempt at him, be it lynch or nightkill. However, the Psychopath is skilled enough to bypass this. He can also use his charisma to incite a lynchmob to kill a player during the night every three nights, starting from night three. His point counts as two, and he starts with two one-off gadgets, a remote camcorder and a motion detector, which he can pass around and which grant the user a scry and a self-bane, respectively.
I'm nothing special. I'm just a man with a purpose.

The Police Officer:
Originally an idealistic individual, he was soon disillusioned by the rampant corruption in the police forces. Now he has cast his lot in with the Hero, and can use his authority and equipment to protect a person from nightkills each night. However, he cannot protect himself.
The difference between you and me is that I have a permission to carry my gun.

The Pharmacist:
The doctors work at hospitals, and hospitals are all-too-easy to monitor. This man can offer medicine to a player each day. It is beneficial, but in some rare cases it might have certain side-effects.
Medicine and poison. Same substance, differing intent.

The Reporter:
Using his contacts and skill in information gathering, the Reporter can scry a player's alignment each night.
As a reporter, I approach every situation knowing that everyone has his or her own agenda.

Neighbourhood Watch:
A bunch of friends, inspired by the words of the Hero, who've banded together to keep their district safe. They have, as a group, a bane with one night's cooldown. It starts at 100% effectiveness, and drops every time one of them dies.
Some people are like the sun, casting light around them. But in the night, people will also need candles.

War Veteran:
The old man with an armoury in his house, he doesn't look like a threat and is easily underestimated. However, if you mess with him, you're in for some trouble. He can void a player's night action or prevent him from posting or voting during the day, once per night. However, he cannot target the same person twice in a row; they will be wary.
Troublemakers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Brave Citizens:
Those individuals stirred by the Hero's words, willing to fight for their lifes and freedom. They're individually weak, but roughly 40-50% of the villagers will belong to this group.
Rise, and rise again until lambs become lions.

Extra Rules:

Each side wins by killing off the other two teams.

Days will be roughly two real-world days long, and nights should last one. If the narrators fail to update on time, we're sorry in advance. If the delay is a small one, it shouldn't affect the game, but if there's a major one, we'll try to post a 'Day has ended, any votes from now on will not be counted' as close to the promised time as possible. For night, it isn't so much of an issue.

Helgraf's scry interference rule will be in effect.

Autolynches will be after missing three consecutive days.

Role claiming, wheeling and dealing and trying to game the system is allowed, and mainly encouraged. However, if someone finds something blatantly game-breaking, we would prefer you inform us narrators of it first before implementing it, to avoid ruining the game for everyone else who's signed up.

Switching your point follows a standard prodecure: The first point counts unless it's crossed out and if you edit your post with a new point, it is likely to be miscounted. Make a new post for a switched point.

All night actions count at having happened at the same time. Action results are resolved at dawn. If two people kill each other, both die. A seer would count as having scried someone, but he'll die the same moment he'd get his result.

Banes are reported as follows: Player X was attacked, but survived. This is the same result the Hero will have. As for voided kills... well, you never know. It might depend on the voider and the type of kill. As a hint, paying attention to narrations might sometimes be useful.

If someone is killed, the faction of the killer will be revealed. The narrations might hold more clues about the exact identity.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions once you think of them, after going through the rules to make sure they're not answered already.

Not all of these roles will be used unless we get over 50 players. Most likely the first ones to drop will be voiders.

Join, and ask everyone you know to join. This game has a huge amount of roles and thus requires a huge amount of players for all of them to get used. And I'd really like to see how it'd work.

Playerlist: 13/41
(name here) Day 4 - Gangster
Aemoh Night 15 - Bodyguard
Calamity Night 6 - Psychopath
cd4
Logarr (Replaced Chaotic Bob from Night 17)
Deathslayer7 Day 6 - Red Flames
Diva De
Elder Tsofu
EleventhHour
Eternal Drifter Day 12 - Hitman
Fleeing Coward Day 3 - Capo
Ghanz Nmi
Griever
Gryffon Day 8 - Thug
Happyturtle
Cute and Evil(Replaced Heroic from Day 7) Day 16 - Mafioso
Sanity702(Replaced InaVegt from Day 7) Day 14 - Mafioso
Internet Flea Day 10 - The Don
IXI FatTony IXI Night 4 - Brave Citizen
Kyrian Day 8 - Thug
Logarr Day 16 Auto - Brave Citizen
Lord Herman Day 11 - Gangster
Gray Mage(Replaced Lord Iames Osari from Day 11)
Lostlittlebear Found Night 4 - Gangster
Odd Fielding Night 17 Auto - Gangster
Orzel Day 17 - Brave Citizen
Pahvimato Night 2 - Mafioso
Ramsus
RedScholarGypsy Night 10 - Brave Citizen
Robert Blackletter Night 17 Auto - Corrupt Official
Shadowcaller Night 14 - Mafioso
Strategos Day 7 - Street Rat
Supagoof Day 9 - (A totally awesome) Gangster
Tasroth Night 11 - Confidante
The Bushranger Day 5 - Capo
The Fiery Tower
TheLaughingMan Day 15 - Drug Dealer
Thufir
Tydude
VA_beds Day 13 - Brave Citizen
Wolfbane Night 13 - Brave Citizen

UncleWolf
2010-08-24, 11:51 PM
Bah, screw it, I'm in. :smallbiggrin:

Strategos
2010-08-25, 12:03 AM
Sign me up please.

The Bushranger
2010-08-25, 12:36 AM
Ersatz Mafia Powers ACTIVATE!
(aka, In)

TFT
2010-08-25, 12:47 AM
The mayhem sounds delicious.

In.

cd4
2010-08-25, 04:05 AM
I think I will join this game though you have forgotten to mention the win conditions for each side.

Murska
2010-08-25, 04:09 AM
Right, thanks. Each side wins by killing off the other two teams.

lostlittlebear
2010-08-25, 04:23 AM
Wouldn't miss this for the world. In!

Any potential RP partners?

Elder Tsofu
2010-08-25, 04:41 AM
I'm in, lets hope it goes better than the last game Murska. :smalltongue:

Orzel
2010-08-25, 06:38 AM
I'm in this too.

Thufir
2010-08-25, 07:11 AM
Very much in.

Diva De
2010-08-25, 07:37 AM
In, Sooooo in.
It helps fill the Mafia void in my life.
:smallwink:
I wonder if a certain fair-skinned, vigilante-in-training should make a reappearance...

Fleeing Coward
2010-08-25, 08:03 AM
Count me in

Supagoof
2010-08-25, 09:14 AM
Excellent!

Now to decide on a character to play....do I infringe on old Mafia games with the film noir type speak, or should I do something off the wall?

Ey - why doncha fogetaboutit?

Eeeey! It's fogotten.

Fogotten?

Nevah r'memberd. Let's go getta pie.

I could use a nice slice. To Tony's?

No other place has a bettah pie.

Look at you. If yer father could see you now. He was a good man y'know...

He was. To Luigi!

Luigi!

Shadowcaller
2010-08-25, 10:11 AM
I shall join this game as well.

EleventhHour
2010-08-25, 10:17 AM
Fiiiine. I'll post to sign up. Wrecking my laziness. Jeeze.

Pahvimato
2010-08-25, 10:26 AM
Signing up.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-25, 10:49 AM
sure murska. in

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-25, 12:22 PM
In as well.

Gryffon
2010-08-25, 02:40 PM
Sure, I guess so >.<

Aemoh
2010-08-25, 02:46 PM
So very much IN :smallsmile:

RedScholarGypsy
2010-08-25, 03:30 PM
May actually have the time for this one. In

InaVegt
2010-08-25, 04:00 PM
I'm in

Heroic
2010-08-25, 06:33 PM
Very nice game, IN

Internet Flea
2010-08-25, 06:49 PM
I'll join, sounds fun.

Eternal Drifter
2010-08-25, 07:21 PM
Eternal Drifter is in as well.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-25, 09:08 PM
Dammit, must you always drift into me? :smalltongue:

VA_beds
2010-08-26, 04:38 PM
im in...though i REALLY doubt we will get to 50 players

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-26, 04:56 PM
In and hoping for 50+ people cos any game with batman (or a close aproxmation) is amazing

Tydude
2010-08-26, 06:31 PM
Why not? In.

happyturtle
2010-08-26, 06:57 PM
Playerlist: 28/??
Supagoof
Happyturtle
Wolfbane
Strategos
The Bushranger
The Fiery Tower
cd4
Lostlittlebear
Elder Tsofu
Orzel
Thufir
Diva De
Fleeing Coward
Shadowcaller
EleventhHour
Pahvimato
Deathslayer7
TheLaughingMan
Gryffon
Aemoh
RedScholarGypsy
InaVegt
Heroic
Internet Flea
Eternal Drifter
VA_beds
Robert Blackletter
Tydude

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-08-27, 11:31 AM
I would like to play. Sign me up! (P.S first game and my first psot on this forum. I only recently found out about werewolves/Mafia/Etc. It sounds like fun.)

Murska
2010-08-27, 11:52 AM
My game is drawing people to the forum! I feel so proud. :smalltongue:

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-08-27, 11:54 AM
Sorry to steal your thunder or dash your hopes Murska but Rutskarn of Chocolate Hammer did a blog abut a Werewolves game and he (and people who follow him) Lead me here. Although i liked your theme the best out of all the games here. Edit/P.S looking at your sig, i'd say that your trying to misslead us even before the game starts!

Gryffon
2010-08-27, 12:04 PM
"We now take you to our camera on the street. Alyssa, how are things out there?"

"Well Jim, public opinion appears to be fairly well split out here. The Mafia still has a large number of supporters, but the Gangs have managed a foothold and have gathered a fair amount of support themselves.

Alyssa calls out to an elderly lady walking by.

"Ma'am, what is your opinion on the crime wave that seems to have overtaken the city?"

"I'm just happy someone is finally sticking up for us. That Vigilante gentleman cares about us normal people. You give them what for, whoever you are!

"And there you have it, Jim. Back to you."

Diva De
2010-08-27, 12:20 PM
When the newscaster finishes her speech, the girl behind the camera smiles. She holds the equipment in place for a moment then lowers it. A wisp of brown hair escapes her ponytail and she brushes it back, annoyed. Brown eyes the color of chocolate stand out against her pale skin, and glint. "Nice one, Alyssa. Got it on one take. Makes my job easy." With a sigh, Marcie bends to put the camera into its padded bag for storage. "To the station, or is there another stop on the way?" With a grunt, she lifts the heavy bag and sets it in the news van, preparing to leave the site of the broadcast.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-08-27, 12:25 PM
" Damned reporters sticking your noses where they dont belong!" the rotund suit wearing gentleman strides over to the van "You'd best stop snooping before someone gets themselves hurt." The man leaves as quickly as he arrived tossing an empty beer bottle over his shoulder at the vans windsheild and disappears into a near by alleyway.

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 02:20 PM
Meanwhile, not too far away, a brown-haired gentleman finishes putting the final touches on the sign on the door of an office. It's one of those 'behind' the stores in front, with a small door and hallway between two of them leading back to the small, dimly-lit office behind, with the somewhat brighter apartment above...

The office would have 'smoke-filled' added to its decription, however, the fellow doesn't smoke, and decided that tradition only goes so far.

Stepping back, he admires his work for a minute, then nods.
"That will do," he says, retrieving his hat from atop the lamp by the door, and stepping inside, closing it, so that all can now see the fresh lettering on the frosted glass of the door.

Patrick O'Connell
Private Eye
Investigations

cd4
2010-08-27, 02:27 PM
This is a warning that I will be posting rather sporadically over the next week or so as I am going on holiday. Please do not autolynch me, I would prefer if you didn't kill me by night or day either.

Supagoof
2010-08-27, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the games IXI FatTony IXI.

Edit/P.S looking at your sig, i'd say that your trying to misslead us even before the game starts!Heeeheeeheee. Someone needs to go read through a few of the archived games. Seriously though Murska's 100% trustworthy. You can trust him 100% to stab you in the chest in these games.
*Is excited about how the game is shaping up!*

Murska
2010-08-27, 02:30 PM
Yeah. I like roleplay, keep it coming. It also gives me inspiration for narrations. :smallsmile:

Perhaps a certain Russian gang might make a comeback somewhere... with their ROKS-2. :smalltongue:

Calamity
2010-08-27, 04:07 PM
You need a huge amount of players, you say? Well, every little helps, you can add one more to the list!

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-08-27, 04:35 PM
"So Joey whad'ya got on that new P.I cross town?"
"Nothin' he's keepin' pretty low 'n wont let us buy him out tho', ya' thinks we had better pay him a visit?"
No. We'd best figure out what he be intending first.

Murska
2010-08-27, 04:48 PM
Great! We're up to 30 players now. That's three fifths of the goal! :smalltongue:

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-27, 04:54 PM
"Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. "
text-Voltaire

Is there such a thing as chance? Can we truly just wander blindly into stories not our own? Or is it fate that guide us to our destination, one of cruel insignificance and sorrow. These were the thoughts that ran through my mind in my final hours, a tragic end to a tragic life.

The name's John Rivera. This may be the last chance I have to tell you my story. A story that may not be worth telling, but one that must be told, if only to warn you of pitfalls I have fallen in to. But to do that, we'll have to go back to that fateful night, a moment forever etched in my mind.

Day 1

The rain served well as an antidote to my lingering hangover, the results of yet another pity-party. The musty air filled my makeshift office, and reminded me of similar nights I'd spent patrolling the streets. Nostalgia again clouded my mind, as I looked at the sign framed on my door. They called me a "Private Investigator." They called me a hero. A revolutionary. I was a fool.

My angst was interrupted by a knock on the door. Such a thing was of rare occurrence these days. "Come in," I told my mystery guest. The door propped open, revealing the stranger to me proper. A middle-aged man, dressed as a shop clerk. He looked intensely worried. "P-please sir, you must help me, I-I don't know what I can do," he stammered. I offered him a seat, a simple courtesy, though it seemed to ease him a little.

"It's alright, sir. Just calm down, and start from the beginning", I said calmly. He wiped the sweat from his brow, and settled his nerves a bit before continuing.

"Well, sir, I... I own this shop, on Third Street. 'Eli's Electronics.' We had thought it was clever." He breathed in again. "We all worked there: me, my wife, and my daughter. Business was slow, but for the first couple of months we still made enough to pay our bills. Then they showed up."

He sighed. "Another store opened across the street, big place. Managed to grab up almost all of our customers. We... you have to understand. We were desperate-"

"It's alright. Continue."

"We... we got a loan from these, these guys. They gave us all we needed, if we'd pay them back by today. It was stupid, I know, but we didn't have much choice. We were almost out on the street as it was." He began tearing up. "We... we didn't have enough. It's all my fault," he whimpered.

"What happened?"

"She disappeared. My daughter...." he managed to peeter out, before devolving into full-blown sobbing.

I sighed, and, seeing no other alternative, agreed to help the poor man. I would begin tomorrow.

And so it began.
---------------------------------------------------

Okay, so should I continue with this? Or should I stop while I'm ahead?

Murska
2010-08-27, 04:57 PM
A resounding CONTINUE!

Lord Herman
2010-08-27, 05:01 PM
Consider me recruited! :smallsmile:

billtodamax
2010-08-27, 05:02 PM
:O

Continue it!

Eternal Drifter
2010-08-27, 05:08 PM
Eternally wandering... is that my fate?

Some would certainly say so.

Yet I have drifted to this City for some time, so here I will stay for now. And I might as well have some fun while here.

Time to take control of this town!

The young man wraps his cloak around himself, keeping his notebook of songs and his list dry.

First, either take over the Mafia or a Gang, or eliminate both. Most likely eliminate both, since I want a fresh start. Then corrupt the officals. But first, to figure out who's who... there's a street urchin...

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-27, 05:23 PM
Eternally wandering... is that my fate?

Some would certainly say so.

Yet I have drifted to this City for some time, so here I will stay for now. And I might as well have some fun while here.

Time to take control of this town!

The young man wraps his cloak around himself, keeping his notebook of songs and his list dry.

First, either take over the Mafia or a Gang, or eliminate both. Most likely eliminate both, since I want a fresh start. Then corrupt the officals. But first, to figure out who's who... there's a street urchin...

:smallmad:Nice RPing.

(name here)
2010-08-27, 05:39 PM
I'll join up. This will be my first mafia game.

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 06:00 PM
Heh, I see I'll have some competition for those P.I. jobs, and the dames associated with them. :smalltongue:

Diva De
2010-08-27, 06:08 PM
"F***ing rreporters sticking your noses where they dont belong!" the rotund suit wearing gentleman strides over to the van "You'd best stop snooping before someone gets themselves hurt." The man leaves as quickly as he arrived tossing an empty beer bottle over his shoulder at the vans windsheild and disappears into a near by alleyway.

Marcie glares at the good-for-nothing as he retreats. Yeah, you better run, coward! She checks the van. Fortunately, it was made of sturdy stuff, so the bottle didn't do any damage. Surely that guy was up to something, working for the Mafia or some such nonsense. She glances over at Alyssa. You alright? He's right about one thing - we should get moving.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 06:47 PM
Meanwhile, not too far away, a brown-haired gentleman finishes putting the final touches on the sign on the door of an office. It's one of those 'behind' the stores in front, with a small door and hallway between two of them leading back to the small, dimly-lit office behind, with the somewhat brighter apartment above...

The office would have 'smoke-filled' added to its decription, however, the fellow doesn't smoke, and decided that tradition only goes so far.

Stepping back, he admires his work for a minute, then nods.
"That will do," he says, retrieving his hat from atop the lamp by the door, and stepping inside, closing it, so that all can now see the fresh lettering on the frosted glass of the door.

As Patrick sits down, and sighs in relaxation, the phone rings. :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 06:53 PM
:smallbiggrin:

The phone service worked. That was the upside. The downside being that when one sits down and sighs in relaxation, one wants to relax, not answer the phone. :smalltongue: But, he was open, and technically 'on duty', as it were. And so he reaches for the phone, snatching up the receiver.

"O'Connell, P.I. Any case, any time. Patrick speaking," he says.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 06:57 PM
There's a moment of shuffling going about then Sarah's familiar voice is heard. Hey honey! How's the new office coming along? Did you get everything unpacked and organized the way you like it?

:smallbiggrin: also, be back in about two hours or so.

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 06:59 PM
Patrick grins as he leans back in his Comfy Chair.™
"'Lo, dear. Sign's up and open for business," he says with a chuckle. "Unpacked is correct, organised though...ah, not so much. I think the look I've got here is going to become a new decorating style. They'll call it, 'Organised Grime'."

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 07:49 PM
Idk but whatever post that was, its gone.

Sarah laughs on the other end of the line. Well you just show them whose boss all right. Make sure those dust bites don't get too rowdy. She smiles even though he can't see her at the moment. So what would you like for dinner? she asks.

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 07:52 PM
"Dust mites?" Patrick laughs. "I doubt they'll be a problem, but I dunno about the flea circus setting up its tent in the corner."

He swings the chair around to eye the shelf full of law books as he talks. "Dinner? Oh, I dunno. I think steak and potatoes would be good, myself, maybe some of that good old Italian style garlic bread - unless you want something fancier than steak and potatoes, of course," he says, smiling happily.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 07:57 PM
All right. she says laughing too. What time are you going to be home?

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 08:11 PM
"Oh, I should be home around nine-ish," Patrick says, eyeing the clock. "Maybe a bit earlier. Assuming nothing comes up, of course. But I'll see you then, love," he says, his smile broad and almost able to be heard.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-08-27, 08:28 PM
The door to the small apartment opens Joey turns to see Tony in the door.
"Joey how's Mr. P.I doing
"He's on the phone, I think? I mean i cant get a good angle withe theese"waving his binoculars above his head.
"Good, did the wire tap work yeah?"
Oh yeah, just some broad i turned it off pretty quick the amount of "Lovey Dovey" is terminal... also surprisingly long pauses between replies sometime they stop talking for whole minutes?
O.K but turn i back on you might miss something.
Tony paces the room before dozing off on the couch gun by his side hat over his eyes.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-08-27, 09:49 PM
Count me in.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 11:16 PM
all right then. I'll see you at nine. she says. Love you.

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 11:19 PM
"You too, Sarah," Patrick says, smiling happily, and making a mental note to leave work a little early that evening, and stop by the chocolatier's on the way home.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-27, 11:43 PM
Bushranger, you've made yourself a powerful enemy!

They'll call it, 'Organised Grime'."

:smallannoyed:

An even more powerful enemy!

lostlittlebear
2010-08-28, 12:33 AM
(@TheLaughingMan: Film noir? I approve and add my own two cents worth.)

You know the rain you see in picture books? The sort of light picturesque drizzles that make for nice photo-ops and draw crowds of annoyingly happy young people into the open to frolic about?

Well that's not what the rain in THIS city's like.

The rain here's like some soul-crushing, life-drenching deluge of sheer godly hate. This rain doesn't fall in sheets - it falls in bloody two-ton trucks and somehow worms its way through the cracks of every goddamn ceiling in this rotting pile of refuse they call a "metropolis".

I hate the rain.

But more than that - I hate the memories that the rain brings.

Rain batters itself into mad lines on the windows of my and they look like the veins of the drug addicts that OD and are found dead in some grimy corner by some panicked 911-er - and I remember...

...tropical monsoons spent huddling in fear under steaming jungle canopies, desperately pouring over outdated maps and half forgotten trails that led to the border and extraction and safety...

Rain hammers itself onto my leaky roof and it sounds like the rumble of distant gunfire and the screams of a mother asking why her son won't come back home tonight - and I remember...

...waiting in the undergrowth in the dead of night listening to the sound of boots breaking jungle branches and praying oh god please don't look this way just pass just pass just pass...

Rain drills itself into my concrete ceiling and it smells like the tang of metal and gunsmoke and blood and burnt rubber at the scene of a drive-by killing - and I remember...

...desperately bandaging shattered arms and legs and torsos as my patients bit their uniform collars to keep from screaming and the stench of their blood and their deaths on my hands...

Rain tumbles itself onto my naked scalp and it feels like the cold sweat on my skin from my night terrors and the empty glasses that are my demons and my salvation - and I remember...

...how the jungle floor scraped against my skin as they dragged me half conscious into the waiting 'copter and the cool torrent running down my chest and leg and filling my boots with blood...

Goddamnit.

I hate this city.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-28, 01:11 AM
Three tales for the price of one! Good luck, LLB.

Ramsus
2010-08-28, 02:27 AM
Hey, Fat Tony linked this game over at Rutscarn's blog so I figured I'd sign up.

While I believe I understood what I read this would be my first game of this type that was anywhere near this complicated and I would appreciate it if someone could pm me some of the basic rules, for example like what voiding is.

billtodamax
2010-08-28, 06:50 AM
Void - To stop someone taking any action that night. In some interpretations, this may also mean not discussing the game, and it may mean not posting or voting during the day.

Bane - To protect someone from a kill from any source.

Scry - To learn someone's role. Sometimes will come with a high chance of failure, making it a Fool's scry, and functionally useless.

Kill - ...I'm not explaining kill.

So yeah. Basic terms. Any other questions?

Murska
2010-08-28, 07:01 AM
In this game, a day void means you cannot use day actions, post at day or discuss the game during that day. A night void means you cannot take any actions.

Odd Fielding
2010-08-28, 07:06 AM
I will echo Ramsus in that I was indirectly drawn to join this game by the actions of Rutskarn. And more to the point, I will echo him in saying that I would like to sign up for it.

Another prediction: for some reason in this particular post I will feel constrained by my choice of words to do no more than predict my own actions. However, I expect I will feel the strong implication to be enough.

happyturtle
2010-08-28, 07:47 AM
Yay! Fresh meat!

You may find these posts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138622) helpful. Before the game, you can ask any questions you like in this thread. After the game starts, it's recommended that you PM the narrators, Murska and billtodamax, as everyone in the game will be completely untrustworthy. :smallbiggrin:

(name here)
2010-08-28, 10:33 AM
Do the non-special mafia and gang members get a collective vote-kill in the night phase or not?

Murska
2010-08-28, 11:02 AM
No, non-special gang/mafia are just normal villagers. None of the three teams are necessarily the 'good guys' per se, Vigilante just starts with a majority of villagers.

Ramsus
2010-08-28, 01:57 PM
Thanks, that pretty much cleared up all of my questions.

Tasroth
2010-08-29, 07:24 AM
Well, you want lots of players, and I'm down to one game at the moment.

In.

Logarr
2010-08-29, 09:00 AM
This looks like it will be a very interesting game of WW. In.

Murska
2010-08-30, 03:30 AM
Thirty seven. Just a bunch more, people. Over 40 means we don't need to cut off too much. Come one, come all!

Gryffon
2010-08-30, 08:43 AM
I agree Marcie. Let's get out of here. I need a drink.

Diva De
2010-08-30, 09:06 AM
Marcie blinks. It's the first time Alyssa has invited her to do anything social. She tucks her hair behind her ear and nods, trying to keep her face from turning bright red. Sure. I know this dive downtown, full of good Irish folks. O'Clanahan's. She fetches the van keys from her pocket and climbs in. She turns the key and the big diesel engine roars to life.

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 11:12 AM
As the evening wears on, Patrick finally gets his office organised in a semblence of how he wants it. No calls for business, but that's to be expected; the first day open isn't always cases, gunshots and dames swooning over you...

Speaking of dames, he thinks, a smile growing on his face as he locks the front door, having closed for the night, humming to himself as he turns and heads torwards home and Sarah, the chocolatier's beckoning on the way.

Murska
2010-08-31, 02:25 AM
Three more for the minimum goal I'd like. Come on, people, we have tons of awesome roleplayers, tons of awesome players and tons of to-be-revealed-as-awesome newbies playing! Come join the fun! Besides, I'd like to think the game's okay-ish aswell.

Chaotic Bob
2010-08-31, 06:12 PM
I'll raise my hand to join.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-08-31, 11:58 PM
Very all-star caste! I want in! I'll be the noob that dies on Day 1! :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2010-09-01, 01:34 AM
Look at those guys joining! I bet they know something you don't! There's probably going to be free ice cream if you join the game. They didn't want to tell you. Didn't think you were good enough for free ice cream. They thought they were better than you! You better show them what's what and join.

Griever
2010-09-01, 10:05 AM
I'll join....

Murska
2010-09-01, 10:08 AM
And that's 40! I'll keep recruiting until next weekend, during which I'll start it. Still hoping for a bunch more; remember: More players - More roles get used. :smallsmile:

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-01, 10:23 AM
Murska by next wekend do you mean Sat or Sun?

P.S to do night actions we just P.M you dont we

Why the hell did you highlight this?

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 10:24 AM
Fat Tony's a wolf! He has a night action!

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-01, 10:25 AM
Yes, yes i am. Also i'm under your bed.

Murska
2010-09-01, 10:26 AM

Sat or Sun, depending on when I get everything finished. I'm a bit sick right now. However, the game starts with a day and that's 48 hours.

And yes, PM night actions to me.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-01, 10:28 AM
Aye thats alright

why the hell is white text even an option?

Internet Flea
2010-09-01, 10:29 AM

Fat Tony's a wolf! He has a night action!

I think "3 days before game start" might be the fastest a wolf has ever been caught. :smallbiggrin:

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-01, 10:31 AM
I think "3 days before game start" might be the fastest a wolf has ever been caught. :smallbiggrin:

Damn it! O.K i'll just go and destroy my P.C GOODBYE FOREVER!

This is hidden text

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 10:34 AM
Yes, yes i am. Also i'm under your bed.

:smalleek:

*tries to explain to Mr Happyturtle why there's a man under our bed*

Internet Flea
2010-09-01, 10:40 AM
Damn it! O.K i'll just go and destroy my P.C GOODBYE FOREVER!

This is hidden text

Hooray! I indirectly caused property damage and ruined someone's life! :smallbiggrin:Protip: hidden text is cooler when it's hidden.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 12:00 AM

But... Everyone's a wolf in this one. :/ What if we kill Batman?!

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 12:02 AM
But... Everyone's a wolf in this one. :/ What if we kill Batman?!

Well, there's a 60% chance I won't be on his team, so... good for me. :smallamused:

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 12:10 AM
Well, there's a 60% chance I won't be on his team, so... good for me. :smallamused:

But what if you were Batman? :smallfrown:

Walk a mile in his shoes, and you will find that they're very comfortable shoes.

Wish Murska would hand out all the roles so I can start letting mine slip already. :smalltongue:

Is this WW PM-enabled?

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 12:16 AM
But what if you were Batman? :smallfrown:

Walk a mile in his shoes, and you will find that they're very comfortable shoes.

Wish Murska would hand out all the roles so I can start letting mine slip already. :smalltongue:

Is this WW PM-enabled?

But I'm... not... Fat Tony.

All games allow PMing unless their rules specifically state otherwise.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 12:54 AM
But I'm... not... Fat Tony.

Exactly what Fat Tony would want us to think. I'm on to your Batman! :smallfurious:

TheLaughingMan
2010-09-02, 01:02 AM
Exactly what Fat Tony would want us to think. I'm on to your Batman! :smallfurious:

Hey, I'm no one's Batman.

I mean

Look! A bunny!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/arkarthicked/cute-little-bunnies7.jpg

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 01:05 AM
(Blah blah not important information)
Look! A bunny!

! omgursoadorableiwilltakeuhome&putuonmyhead&callukibbles!

billtodamax
2010-09-02, 02:13 AM
Sat or Sun, depending on when I get everything finished. I'm a bit sick right now. However, the game starts with a day and that's 48 hours.

And yes, PM night actions to me.

And me too! I'm also a narrat- bunny!

*is distracted*

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-02, 09:15 AM
Shoots Bunny...twice.

Gryffon
2010-09-02, 10:09 AM
Alyssa watches the lit match burn down about halfway, before waving it out and dropping it into the ashtray. She reaches to pick up the half-empty pint glass sitting in front of her, taking a gulp of the dark brown liquid before setting it back down with a sigh and turns to Marcie.

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm still doing this. All I seem to do these days is report about how miserable things are. This isn't why I became a reporter. I wanted to bring the truth to people. Now it seems the only 'truth' that I'm bringing to everyone, is that we're all royally f**ked."

She let's out another sigh. She grabs her glass, and downs the rest of it's contents.

"Bartender, let me get another please.

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 10:30 AM
Shoots Bunny...twice.

I'm getting the feeling Fat Tony is not actually Batman.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 10:35 AM

How could we have been so blind?! Fat Tony for bunnicide!

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-02, 11:21 AM

I feel obliged to make some kind of wiity retort but i just can't.:smallfrown:

Ramsus
2010-09-02, 12:04 PM

Not so fast! That was a bunnicula! See what a hero he is? He was willing to sacrifice himself to the crowd in order to save lives!

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 12:14 PM
...Twice! and here we have our tenchars

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-02, 12:15 PM
Wha!? ... I mean yes of cource how could we have been so blind! That vampire bunny would've enslaved you all with it's mind numbing cuteness!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3859/bunnycy.jpg

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 12:26 PM
Not so fast! That was a bunnicula! See what a hero he is? He was willing to sacrifice himself to the crowd in order to save lives!

Fools! That could not have been bunnicula! For I am bunnicula! That was bunhelsing, the one bunny who could have stopped me! Cower in despair! ...Unless you got a carrot, I kind of had to rush out of the house this morning.

Murska
2010-09-02, 12:38 PM
Oh dear. It brought friends.

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5843/180388.jpg

I think we better run now.

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 12:43 PM
Save us, Batman!!

InaVegt
2010-09-02, 12:45 PM
Save us, Batman!!

*cackles*

Never again will batman save you!

*blows up a hospital*

*cackles*

</joker>

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 12:47 PM
(Let's see, who else has fought the Joker...)

Save us, Lex Luthor!

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-02, 12:49 PM
*cackles*

Never again will batman save you!

*blows up a hospital*

*cackles*

</joker>

Save us, Lex Luthor!

Flea? Why so serious? (Bdum-Tschh) (As Groucho Marx) Thank ladies 'n gentlemen i'll be here 'till sunday *Walks of stage quickly*

Edit: Some samples of Grouchos mannerisms

Voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfN_gcjGoJo

Walk (Bout 50 seconds in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD1SCL3nhdc

TheLaughingMan
2010-09-02, 01:05 PM

Save us, Lex Luthor!

He's too busy throwing Supe's D.N.A. into the sun.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 04:06 PM
He's too busy throwing Supe's D.N.A. into the sun.

...Wouldn't that just make Supe's DNA gain superpowers? Since Supe's powers are due to proximity to said sun?

Internet Flea
2010-09-02, 04:08 PM
...Wouldn't that just make Supe's DNA gain superpowers? Since Supe's powers are due to proximity to said sun?

Yes; it makes them gain superpowers, come alive and blow up the Great Wall of China, IIRC.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-02, 04:18 PM
Yes; it makes them gain superpowers, come alive and blow up the Great Wall of China, IIRC.

What will stop the Mongolian horde then?! Hyoman world is too scary for bunnicula.

Diva De
2010-09-02, 09:22 PM
Marcie shakes her head and slows her own drinking as Alyssa orders another. She waves off the bartender's order for another round and gets some water instead. She sips it and watches the blond anchorwoman from the corner of her eye. You're just doing your job, Alyssa. People need to know the world is falling apart, even if they don't WANT to. Without people like us, they'd be able to squeeze by in blissful ignorance, maybe, until they got gunned down because they didn't know enough to stay off the streets. You help people, really. Nervously, she reaches over and rests a hand gently on Alyssa's shoulder.

Murska
2010-09-03, 12:39 PM
(Keep in mind, possible recruits, the more players I get the less roles I have to cut, meaning there'll be roughly a 50% chance of getting a powerrole for those who join. Autolynch replacements will be taken in after the game starts, of course.)

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-03, 06:33 PM
(Keep in mind, possible recruits, the more players I get the less roles I have to cut, meaning there'll be roughly a 50% chance of getting a powerrole for those who join. Autolynch replacements will be taken in after the game starts, of course.)

Now you're just going to make the half who don't get roles unhappy. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-03, 06:40 PM
Hey! Villager is a role, and a rather fun one if you play it right. :smallsmile:

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 09:36 AM
I'll join. And hopefully I'll pay attention and not be autolynched. ^-^

Murska
2010-09-04, 09:37 AM
Awesome. :smallsmile:

Murska
2010-09-04, 10:16 AM
Okay: If we don't gain a late influx of people, I'm dropping the War Veteran and the Enforcer and giving the Red Flames role a complete reversal: There's only one of them and they're now a half-strength Baner.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 01:52 PM
Pleas if you do change them (and i hope you dont have to make it obvious so i dont get confussed)

P.S any opinions(from anyone)on my avatar (It's a little cartoon me being "Mafia"-ish?)

TheLaughingMan
2010-09-04, 01:57 PM
P.S any opinions(from anyone)on my avatar (It's a little cartoon me being "Mafia"-ish?)

Problem Sleuth! Do Problem Sleuth!

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 01:58 PM
Problem Slueth? Eh? (What are you on about etc.)

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 02:00 PM
Also i'd like to point out i do avatars using photos not drawings (aka i photo thing and thenn edit them or if i cant photo it like if its a gun i'll edit a photo from the internet [ guns are hard to come by, what with them being illegal and me being a fat white teen, in london)

TheLaughingMan
2010-09-04, 02:01 PM
Problem Slueth? Eh? (What are you on about etc.)

Read it right now. Right. Now. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4)

:smalltongue:

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 02:02 PM
O.K O.K O.K (Must be 10 characters long?)

Internet Flea
2010-09-04, 02:07 PM
Read it right now. Right. Now. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4)

:smalltongue:

I seem to remember about half of that comic just being the final boss battle.

TheLaughingMan
2010-09-04, 02:11 PM
I seem to remember about half of that comic just being the final boss battle.

Also known as the longest/most ridiculously awesome final battle ever. :smallwink:

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 02:58 PM
This comic is awesome...thanks for pointing it out to me!

Murska
2010-09-04, 05:37 PM
Randomizing the roles now. Recruiting for players is sadly over, but autolynch replacements are still gladly accepted. The game will start at some point during Sunday.

Murska
2010-09-04, 09:13 PM
GAME START! THE CITY I - METROPOLITAN MAYHEM!

...Uhn-tiss Uhn-tiss Uhn-tiss Uhn-tiss Uhn-tiss Uhn-tiss Uhn-tiss...

People scrambled to the ground, behind anything they could, as the car drove past. They looked up again as the sound of gunfire utterly failed to burst into life from the vehicle. Women gathered groceries, their children crying.

But they weren't out to kill, not yet. First, they had to meet with the flames.

---

Hey Jay, look what we got here! Said Carlston, the Red Flame to his compatriot. What's wrong, finally get sick of that -ing music?

The car had pulled up at a local garage, commonly held to be Flames Turf. They weren't Flames.

Hey, shut it, aight? We all gotta problem, and your -ing attitude won't help us a bit.

Nah, you mean you boys gotta problem. We ain't been the ones out killin' and braggin' about it. I'm surprised the cops aint shut you down already.

The -ing cops aren't the problem. You heard about this punk? This guy that goes around killin' our boys?

You mean you believe all that stuff? Next you'll be tellin' me the -ing Mafia's around every damn door. Get outta here 'fore I tear you a new one. The Flame says, turning to his buddy, and sharing a joke.

You think it's so -ing funny? See how funny it is when this guy comes and -ing kills you and your -ing friend there! Says the gang member, pulling out and driving off.

I am just a man.

Some may say otherwise. Some, in the distant reaches of the future, may say that I am a hero.

I am not.

I am just a man, and as any man should be, I am angry. Angry at what our city has become, and at what those mafiosos and thugs have done to it.

So now, I have armed myself. Not with guns and knives, like those self-inflated brutes have, but with The People. The People shall rise up, and together, we shall wipe these vermin from my streets. This city shall return to its former glory, and no gang scum will stop me.

It is Time. The Time for the ultimate purging. The Time for men to be men. The Time of the People.

The first diary of the man who would simply be called 'The Hero'.

There was a man sitting behind a large wooden desk. On the other side, looking at him, were three grim-faced people, sitting in comfortable armchairs.

"Those maniacs have been shooting up near downtown again. And last week they blew up one of our warehouses at the docks. We got to do something before people start thinking we're slipping!"

"Two days ago they attempted to assassinate me. I lost a few close friends there, and barely got away. I agree with him, we need to act now!"

"Yeah. And then there's that one guy who's been agitating the civilians. Talking all about some kind of a revolution. We don't need any more trouble from this 'Hero' while this situation is going on."

The three men were silenced by a wave of a hand from the one behind the desk. He took out his cigar and exhaled.

"All right. Maybe we've gone too soft, been too quiet. When everyone knew who we were and that we were in charge, everything was fine. But all these newcomers, I think it's time to adapt. We will take the fight to the streets, and we will show them why we own this town.

You all have your duties. Get to it."

The sound of chairs being pulled back. Soon to be replaced all around the city by the sound of weapons being loaded and checked, orders being relayed. The city was ready to tear itself apart from the inside. It remained to be seen, what would be born of the ashes... if anything.

Playerlist (41/41): (name here)
Aemoh
Calamity
cd4
Chaotic Bob
Deathslayer7
Diva De
Elder Tsofu
EleventhHour
Eternal Drifter
Fleeing Coward
Ghanz Nmi
Griever
Gryffon
Happyturtle
Heroic
InaVegt
Internet Flea
IXI FatTony IXI
Kyrian
Logarr
Lord Herman
Lord Iames Osari
Lostlittlebear
Odd Fielding
Orzel
Pahvimato
Ramsus
RedScholarGypsy
Robert Blackletter
Shadowcaller
Strategos
Supagoof
Tasroth
The Bushranger
The Fiery Tower
TheLaughingMan
Thufir
Tydude
VA_beds
Wolfbane

Day 1 Starts

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 09:28 PM
((Day 1: Oh, hmm? i AM the only one online when this has gone live AND its 3:30 in the morning here, in London. Why am still up argh!

Oh well good luck to everybody))

InaVegt
2010-09-04, 09:34 PM
IXI FatTony IXI for the day I random.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 09:35 PM
The bar was dingy and smoke filled, I look up from my drink which i haven't touched and look around the bar, livley as ever, was almost empty.
It was just Me, Frank (The bartender), two men playing pool and a man in the corner who hasn't taken his eyes off of the back of mu head since i'd arrived 15 minutes ago.

"Frank! c'mere"

"Yeah Tony, what?!

*Whispers* : That man, in the corner who is he?

*Whispers* : Him? all i know about him is people call him: InaVegt and that he pays his tab and hasn't caused trouble, yet.

"Thanks Frank you know better than most that people can't be too careful theese days"

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-04, 09:37 PM
InaVegt for pointing at me. Which to be honest is a cheap shot, it's my first game and your hitting at the first poster.

Better not get too defensive, or we'll think you have something to hide. :smallamused:

Random vote via number generator points to Tydude.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-04, 09:48 PM
Matthew Damewood picks himself up off the curb and dusts himself off before picking up his newspaper from where he'd dropped it. "Now, where was I... oh yes, the letter column... Darn that Robert Blackletter, the uptight bastard always gets my blood boiling..."

Eternal Drifter
2010-09-04, 09:51 PM
Day 1

A few words from the street urchin revealed a few things.

Mainly, that there are currently three factions vieing for control in the city. The citizenry, the Gang the Red Flames, and the Mafia. There is about to be a fourth.

He also gave me the lowdown on who's currently within the city, though he didn't say who's who. Who's in power, who's following orders, and who is trying to stay out of trouble. Could have been useful, but at least I know the people in the city.

One name stood out though... I had to confim it, not believing my ears.

"TheLaughingMan?" I asked.

"Yep!" replied the street urchin. "Currently running a detective buiesness in the city."

That changed things. Ever since the incidents in Vilvenna, a small town in the mists, and the prison, Cyberwolf, he'd had a grudge against me. And with good reason. Both of those times, he had come off worse than I, wounded or chased off. Yet we had developed a friendly rivalry... but I'd do better to avoid him now than to get in his way.

"Thanks kid," Eternal Drifter said. "Here, have some food," and Drifter tosses an energy bar to him. "Listen, I'm planning to shake up this town shortly. Would you be willing to help me out at a later date?"

The kid shruged. "Maybe. I'd have to see about it. I can't leave my sister alone."

Sighing, Drifter tossed another bar towards the kid. "That should tide the pair of you over until tomorrow... I may need more information then. Same place?"

The kid nods, and rushes into an alleyway.

"At least I know an alley and the presense of a rival... I'd best stay low until I have more information..."

Drifter walks to a restraunt, Murska's Pasta, and waits in line, reviewing his information...

Calamity would be a good person to remove... until I can get more information... pity that kid did not know the true motives of any of those people.

(Edit: random point... follow if you wish... or not...

Edit: @V Thanks for the sharp eyes... that's what I get for reviewing one of the games for a name of a place...)

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-04, 09:55 PM
((... Vilvenna isn't a player, ED. There's not even anybody of that name registered on the forum.))

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-04, 10:08 PM
((... Vilvenna isn't a player, ED. There's not even anybody of that name registered on the forum.))

((From his narration, it sounded like ED was attempting to murder a town. Good warm-up, I guess.))

These days, only the brave or the foolish walk at night. Every morning the papers are filled with death from the dark hours, and the days bustle with activity only so the citizenry can retreat to the relative safety of their homes before the Sun's protective light leaves the city once more.

Professor Nmi was neither brave nor foolish, but he had no choice but to be out after sun-down. Ever since the station's main coroner was gunned down in the ensuing firefight of an unsuccessful drive-by against a mafia capo, the police had been left short-handed with an ever-increasing pile of bodies.

"I should have never published that damn article on wound distribution theory," the university teacher muttered under his breath as he pulled his coat tighter around himself. The night was not cold, but he shivered none-the-less. "I could've just been your average egg-head, but no, I had to dabble in criminology, I had to be the university expert on anatomy. I had to get called in late afternoon, and I just had to decline a ride home from the police based on groundless paranoia. Corrupt cops probably kill you less painfully than that psychopath they say is on the loose these days..."

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 10:20 PM
Better not get too defensive, or we'll think you have something to hide. :smallamused:

Random vote via number generator points to Tydude.

Ah true that, but was 3:30 in the morning (it's now 4:15 - ish) i over reacted because it felt more personal as its my first game though on reflection it was a harsh reaction... i should sleep. but i wont.:smallsigh:

Aemoh
2010-09-04, 10:21 PM
*points at Lord Iames Osari*

For the day 1 random... ok, not really. Just glad to see Iames in WW again, and there's really only the one way to express it... :smallamused:

UncleWolf
2010-09-04, 10:22 PM
A tall broad shouldered man steps out of a bar and into the rain. He looks up at the steel gray skies as the thunder rolls through the city. The warm dirty rain pounds against his tan trenchcoat and fedora. He closes his eyes and looks up into the downpour, as if letting the cleansing storm wash away his bloody sins.

Vinny puts a sawn off pool cue into his jacket and goes to pick up the next order of booze for the bar.

One way or another.

(Aemoh)

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 10:23 PM
wait...it says RECRUITING still? oh murska made a misstake (or is my computer just a laggy hunk of junk)

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-04, 10:24 PM
A tall broad shouldered man steps out of a bar and into the rain. He looks up at the steel gray skies as the thunder rolls through the city. The warm dirty rain pounds against his tan trenchcoat and fedora. He closes his eyes and looks up into the downpour, as if letting the cleansing storm wash away his bloody sins.

Vinny puts a sawn off pool cue into his jacket and goes to pick up the next order of booze for the bar.

One way or another.

(Aemoh)

((Hope your not going to franks i dont think i could handle the tension :smallbiggrin:))

Tydude
2010-09-04, 10:48 PM
Retaliation point at Ghanz Nmi. I'll role play later.

Internet Flea
2010-09-04, 11:37 PM

One way or another.

(Aemoh)

Wolfbane for wearing a tan trenchcoat when the dark blue ones are in style.

Deathslayer7
2010-09-04, 11:58 PM
Sarah stood up and stretched her back. Ugh. It was dreadful going through all these boxes. She had managed to get a lot done today though. She looks up at the clock on the mantelpiece. Quarter to eight. She had better get dinner started soon before Patrick came home. She smiled and hummed to herself as she walked into the kitchen.

Bushranger

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 12:03 AM
((Oi! :smalltongue:
Tydude, for the randomz))

Meanwhile, at the chocolatiers', Patrick sets about buying a large basket - well, a medium-sized one, anyway, but the largest he can reasonably afford, a smile on his face as he does so, humming to himself as he turns back on the road for home.

Fleeing Coward
2010-09-05, 12:04 AM
Murska
I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to lynch him even if he is the narrator :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-09-05, 12:05 AM
Murska
I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to lynch him even if he is the narrator :smalltongue:

Well that would be an interesting narration...

TheLaughingMan
2010-09-05, 12:08 AM
Well that would be an interesting narration...

You heard him! That's a challenge!

Murska

EleventhHour
2010-09-05, 12:14 AM
"I find myself in times of trouble, and I decide, well. Let's take it out on god above, or failing that, we'll give the narrator a short drop and a sudden stop."

Fleeing Coward, for Fleeing!

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-05, 12:17 AM
You heard him! That's a challenge!

Murska

murska for the win

Also role play to come

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 12:56 AM
Betty Scranton looked out at the rain. Work, or no? Most johns wouldn't bother going out on a night like this. Then again, most girls wouldn't either. And if she did get any business, she could always tell the boss that she stayed in like any sensible person would, and keep the night's income for herself. If the boss found out he'd beat the crap out of her, but that was nothing new. And every dollar she stashed was one dollar closer to that bus ticket out of this god forsaken city. Worth the risk. And worth going out in the rain.

She wore her usual gear, the only concession to the rain being the omission of mascara and exchanging her strappy high heels for a pair of tall boots. One rib of her umbrella was broken and repaired with a coat hanger wire, but it would do the job.

She headed out to her street corner, looking for business.

Elder Tsofu

Lord Herman
2010-09-05, 05:04 AM
In a seedy gambler's den in the bad part of town - "Well, every part is bad these days. Worse then. Worse part of town?" "Sounds about right." - a short man in factory worker's clothes stares into his drink, mumbling to himself. His mates call him Herman the German. "I'm not German. They know I'm not German. But I'm never going to get rid of this stupid nickame because it rhymes." "And because of your heavy German accent." "And that."

Herman the German gets up, checks his pockets, and sits down again. "Broke again," he says to himself. "So I guess you're off to work again?" "Guess so. Don't know why I even do this anymore, though." "Apart from the money." Herman sighs. "I mean, every other guy you rob these days is either a mobster, a gangster, an undercover cop, or an eight-year-old." "And chances are he's a mobster, a gangster, or an undercover cop too." Herman shrugs. "Oh well, it's not like they don't have any money."

Herman empties his talking glass of moonshine, gets up, sneaks past the barkeep, and goes off to knock someone over the head with a blunt object and take his cash. Two dark alleys later, he runs into Fleeing Coward.

cd4
2010-09-05, 06:30 AM
Cedric was looking over his new hotel: The Grand Bill Hotel, and thinking that he could have built the hotel at just the wrong time. Still making a central place for any sort of business would help him a lot. He had been given permission to add a casino and the ladies of the night to the hotel by the Mafia, though they had demanded a big share of the profits. Still there should be enough business to make him rich. Now the only question was where was Fat Tony with the girls?

Ramsus
2010-09-05, 07:11 AM
Fat Tony

(D&D game today and tomorrow, will try to properly roleplay soon.)

Diva De
2010-09-05, 07:28 AM
((Random die roll says Calamity))

Marcie stands and stretches, seeing Alyssa polish off another drink. She shakes her head at the bartender and goes to stand behind the blond newscaster. Fishing the van keys out of her pocket noisily and clearing her throat, she hopes it's enough to let her know it's time to go before a rougher crowd comes in and starts making trouble.

lostlittlebear
2010-09-05, 07:33 AM
Diva De for obvious reasons. (aka, TPAM)

Thufir
2010-09-05, 08:09 AM
Evading his pursuers after a failed attempt at Grand Theft Libro, Thufir found a moment to pause and call Tasroth, who clearly must have been the informant against him.
"You sold me out! You SOLD ME OUT! The Cheat, tell him that he sold you- oh wqait, he can't tell you because he got caught!" The rant trailed off into muttered expletives for about 15 seconds before he hung up and started running again.

Odd Fielding
2010-09-05, 08:16 AM
Somewhere in the city, a man sits in a small, depressing room at a small, depressing desk covered in regular-size depressing papers. He works for the county tax assessor.

The state of the city has brought a normally sullen civil servant to the brink of sullen rebellion. "Someone's due for an audit," he nearly says out loud, before admonishing himself for such unbecoming revelry.

He pulls a file from a stack at random. On it is written, mysteriously, "VA_beds".

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 08:46 AM
Cedric was looking over his new hotel: The Grand Bill Hotel, and thinking that he could have built the hotel at just the wrong time. Still making a central place for any sort of business would help him a lot. He had been given permission to add a casino and the ladies of the night to the hotel by the Mafia, though they had demanded a big share of the profits. Still there should be enough business to make him rich. Now the only question was where was Fat Tony with the girls?

((C'mon do i look like some kinda pimp? :smallcool:))

It was morning the small apartment i call home was begining to brigthen up with the midday sun, I look at my clock "12:30? Damn." I was supposed to meet Cedric a 10:00.
I sit up and pull mt braces over my shoulders, stand and stretch.
I hurt all over, what did i do last night? I walk over to my phone and dial.

Moments later it's answered by Cedric, what was he waiting by the phone or what? He's livid swearing and cursing saying that my girls aren't there.
"Now look Cedric stop making threats you'll get your girls"

He calms some... and tells me i have until midnight to get some of my misstresses over to the hotel or they would be "consiquences".

Now where's Betty Scranton.

Orzel
2010-09-05, 10:23 AM
As Vinny turned on the light to his restaurant, he could only wonder if lostlittlebear stop by. He has some question for him.

Kyrian
2010-09-05, 11:32 AM
Kyrian wakes in his hotel room, splitting headache. Drinking yourself to sleep will typically do that to you. Of course, he wouldn't be drinking himself to sleep if he hadn't found out that stepping into this Metropolitan Mayhem caused him to be stripped of his God of War status.

So many questions unanswered. Would he get his status back? Could stepping outside the city cure this? Why hasn't he tried it? Where's his vodka?

Kyrian groans as he sits up and walks over to the dresser. There, twin revolvers wait for him and slowly he straps them onto his waist. A bracer sits nearby, and soon that is situated on his left wrist. A small glow emits from the small grooves in the bracer, then fades away.

Hmm, wonder if I'll be running into that Thufir today...

(name here)
2010-09-05, 11:39 AM
Fat Tony, because he seems vaguely shifty.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-05, 11:53 AM
Fat Tony, because he seems vaguely shifty.

((I think it's because he's new from Chocolate Hammer, where Rutskarn laid on the gravy for his description of a WW game, so he's a little too excited about the intrigue.))

Griever
2010-09-05, 11:59 AM
((cd4 with some hope for rp later, but not now due to work. :smallannoyed: ))

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 12:05 PM
((I think it's because he's new from Chocolate Hammer, where Rutskarn laid on the gravy for his description of a WW game, so he's a little too excited about the intrigue.))

Is actually really close to my actual thought (About 99.99% acurate really)
also i seem shifty because i am always here, i'm a 16 yr old english nerd who has nothing better to do thane refresh this tab every 5-20 minutes. (inbetween games of Tf2 on the Xbox)

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-05, 12:10 PM
Is actually really close to my actual thought (About 99.99% acurate really)
also i seem shifty because i am always here, i'm a 16 yr old english nerd who has nothing better to do thane refresh this tab every 5-20 minutes. (inbetween games of Tf2 on the Xbox)

...I am doing the exact same thing right now, except on PC.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 12:21 PM
tydude. wegryyjukolnhtn

Tydude
2010-09-05, 12:50 PM
FatTony to save myself. I really don't want to vote for you with this being your first game, but I have to protect myself.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 12:53 PM
FatTony to save myself. I really don't want to vote for you with this being your first game, but I have to protect myself.

Oh yeah, you don't have to worry about that vote as it was a panic vote as;
last night at 3: in the morning i was on when the game went live.
Soo i was on until four.
Now today is only the first 24 hours (Out of the originla 48 for day 1)
BUT i though the day was coming to an end because the sleeping and getting up made me think for some reason that a whole 24 hours had gone by.

Tydude
2010-09-05, 12:56 PM
You take your vote off me and I'll take my vote off you.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 12:58 PM
yeah it's already done. (I'm such and idiot i've been panicing for no reason ALL day. :smallsigh:)
It releaves me so much that its not almost over like i had beleived before.

Tydude
2010-09-05, 01:00 PM
Alright I'm happy. :smallbiggrin: I'll change to Murska if I can. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:00 PM
Betty stands at her streetcorner, now with a new umbrella. Some johns could be awful sweet. Then a familiar car pulls up. The boss. So much for keeping the night's takings for herself. On the bright side, he'd never know she meant to.

She gets into the backseat. "Hey, tiger. Is this a business call, or personal?"

((Don't worry, FatTony... you get used to being gruesomely murdered in these games after a while. :smallbiggrin:))

InaVegt
2010-09-05, 01:04 PM
Murska because Fat Tony deserves to live at least till day 2 in his first game.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 01:04 PM
"Business betty." she climbers in to the car.
"Driver, too Cedrics!"

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:07 PM
Betty does her best to touch up her makeup. "Geez, boss, you could have given me a heads up. I'm not dressed for hotel work."

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 01:16 PM
"Alright here"
Tony opens his wallet and removes one of 4 $100 bills he hands it to the broad.
"Go get a dress. A nice one and get back here. QUICKLY!!"

The car pulls up at a store front with many long flowing dressing adorning the bay windows. Betty jumps out and heads for the door....

Eternal Drifter
2010-09-05, 01:18 PM
Finished with dinner, Drifter walks over to the hotel, hoping that they had a room open. However, as he walked, he couldn't quite believe his ears. Through the rain, he heard of people wanting to attack Murska, the Mayor of the City.

It would help me out... but I would rather stay out of the way at the moment...

Grand Bill Hotel appeared as Drifter rounded the street corner, and he entered with the rain starting to come down harder.

Seeing no line, Drifter walked up to the front desk and asked, "Three things: first, do you have a room avalible for an unknown amount of time for seventy or less a night? Second, is the rain going to keep coming down the rest of the week? Third, do you have a store in the hotel?"

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:20 PM
Fifteen minutes later, Betty returns wearing a slinky red dress and a new pair of shoes, her old clothes stuffed into the store bag. Nice stuff. Almost made her feel like one of those high-class escorts. Sure would be nice if she could do work like that full time, and not have to go to the street corner.

"Who's the client?"

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-05, 01:22 PM
"This place is past the drain and into the sewers," Ghanz grumbled, watching an expensive car pull up ahead of him to expel a call-girl, who hastily makes her way into a dress-store, open at this hour specifically for this kind of business. "If the city falls any harder we'd be getting complaints of ceiling damage from Hell."

Quickening his pace, the professor continues on his way back to campus, to the tiny apartment that is looking more and more inviting the closer he gets.

Chaotic Bob
2010-09-05, 02:06 PM
(Murska for the ensured kicks?)

It hasn't been a very exciting day today, in this section of the city.
But then, everyone else is probably busily squabbling in bars or alley-ways.
Protecting homes, protecting business, protecting interest, everyone fought for something. Can't quite say the same for those that died.
But it happens.

But Richard wasn't really paid to think.
Back to cleaning up the sidewalk. Someday he'll have to find a way to move up.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 02:24 PM
"The client? Cedric of the Bill Hotel, he want some of you lovley ladies to entertain some businessmen from outta town"

The car cruised along the hughway toward the city centre.

"You look nice, maybe just maybe if ypu keep smiling Cedric will stop with his threats and maybe i'll give you a job keeping the rest of the girls at the hotel in check"

cd4
2010-09-05, 03:24 PM
Seeing no line, Drifter walked up to the front desk and asked, "Three things: first, do you have a room avalible for an unknown amount of time for seventy or less a night? Second, is the rain going to keep coming down the rest of the week? Third, do you have a store in the hotel?"

Certainly Sir, we do have a room for 70, not one of the best rooms of course but a reasonable room. All rooms here have double beds for your convenience. As for the weather, it often rains here though if it is not raining then it probably is hailstones. We do indeed have a store where you can buy some items. If you want a drink then the bar is next to the casino through those doors there.

Griever is now moving against me and Fat Tony is on his way so lets return the favour.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 04:26 PM
Betty gives the boss one of her special, toe-curling, soul-scorching kisses in gratitude. "I'll do real good, boss. Promise!" :smallsmile:

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-05, 04:59 PM
*Feels toes curling & soul schorching*

Heroic
2010-09-05, 08:37 PM
Thufir for ze random vote

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 08:38 PM
Betty Scranton heads into the hotel to look for Cedric.

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d05/1407/b329658.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39458501)

Ramsus
2010-09-05, 10:05 PM
Switching votes to Murska.

Eternal Drifter
2010-09-05, 10:17 PM
Switching votes to Murska.

We're going to waste a perfectly good lynch on the narriator, when there are bigger fish to fry? Mafia and Red Flames?

Fine. I won't join in on this lynch. He may always be a wolf, but he's a more trustworthy one than some admit.

Elder Tsofu
2010-09-05, 10:32 PM
I'll go with Aemoh to make it a double.

Pahvimato
2010-09-06, 01:31 AM
Lynching Murska seems perfectly reasonable.

billtodamax
2010-09-06, 01:32 AM
Lynching Murska seems perfectly reasonable.

Just to let you know, a vote in DarkRed is likely to be missed.

Please edit so that your vote is in Red. :smallsmile:

Ramsus
2010-09-06, 02:07 AM
We're going to waste a perfectly good lynch on the narriator, when there are bigger fish to fry? Mafia and Red Flames?

Fine. I won't join in on this lynch. He may always be a wolf, but he's a more trustworthy one than some admit.

How come I'm the one being called out on this? I mean yeah maybe I shouldn't be trying to play several WW games at once and D&D at the same time but...*shrugs* I only hopped aboard a train of like 4 other people's bizarreness in an attempt to put pressure on someone. Ok so yeah maybe I should have checked for myself that people weren't voting for someone who isn't even a valid target. But with the amount of people doing it it seemed to really lower the odds of that being the case.

Now looking at the way this has gone and other things I think Fat Tony is even more suspicious but since you for some reason chose me as an example for mockery even though I just got here and didn't know people here like to play rule based games and ignore the rules I'll vote for you instead, Eternal Drifter. (Of course I'll probably just end up moving my vote somewhere else once there's a reasonable person being targeted by more than 2 people.)

Also you misspelled narrator. Who's being silly now!? (Oh still me? Drat.)

Murska
2010-09-06, 03:51 AM
NOTE: Votes for the Narrator are considered to be votes for No Lynch. No Lynch is a valid tactic.

billtodamax
2010-09-06, 03:53 AM
But if I write the scene, then Murska will almost certainly die anyway. :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-09-06, 03:54 AM
I want to write the scene! I have been brainstorming it for a while now. Don't worry, I'll die.

billtodamax
2010-09-06, 03:58 AM
Fine. You end up dead, which is the main thing. :smalltongue:

InaVegt
2010-09-06, 04:01 AM
Billtodamax for the lolz.

Gryffon
2010-09-06, 07:10 AM
(Murksa for the heck of it)

Tasroth
2010-09-06, 07:13 AM
(Random Day 1 point at Pahvimato, RP to come later if I can get my brain to work)

Logarr
2010-09-06, 08:09 AM
Tasroth, for being TPAM

Pahvimato
2010-09-06, 09:05 AM
Just to let you know, a vote in DarkRed is likely to be missed.

Please edit so that your vote is in Red. :smallsmile:

I hate misclicks...

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 11:35 AM
Patrick finally arrives home, at the modest, yet...well, home-y, place he and Sarah share. Stepping up to the door with chocolates in hand, taking a deep breath as he smells the food cooking, smiling as he heads inside.

Deathslayer7
2010-09-06, 11:56 AM
Sarah hears the door unlock as she hums to herself. She has some low music playing as she is cooking. She waits for her Patrick to enter the kitchen and smiles waiting for him.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 12:18 PM
Patrick, chocolates tucked under his arm, follows his nose (and the sound of music) to the kitchen, entering and, spotting Sarah, his smile grows. As he sets down the chocolates and hurries over to sweep his girl into his arms.

Murska
2010-09-06, 12:38 PM
Note: Since day one started at 5am my time, and I'm usually not going to be able to update then, day one will be longer than 48 hours. However, it might update at any time after 48 hours, so don't count on that. I intend to update at a more reasonable time for me, so I can keep the schedule more or less on time later on. (Don't count on it staying though, my sleep rythm is, to say the least, weird.)

Pahvimato
2010-09-06, 01:45 PM
Note: Since day one started at 5am my time, and I'm usually not going to be able to update then, day one will be longer than 48 hours. However, it might update at any time after 48 hours, so don't count on that. I intend to update at a more reasonable time for me, so I can keep the schedule more or less on time later on. (Don't count on it staying though, my sleep rythm is, to say the least, weird.)

Lies! You were able to start the day at 5 am, you will be able to end it right on schelude! Don't try to fool us with your obvious lies...

Murska
2010-09-06, 02:13 PM
Well I can do 5am on the weekends so if you want days to last from Sunday to Saturday and nights from Saturday to Sunday...

Elder Tsofu
2010-09-06, 02:14 PM
We tried that, didn't work out that well. :smalltongue:

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-06, 02:18 PM
Well I can do 5am on the weekends so if you want days to last from Sunday to Saturday and nights from Saturday to Sunday...

A week of role-playing, and then someone gets thrown out/killed. This isn't Survivor Murska. :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-09-06, 02:20 PM
A week of role-playing, and then someone gets thrown out/killed. This isn't Survivor Murska. :smalltongue:

Hmm. Well, people on an island, getting killed and trying to survive... Wait, I get the feeling I already tried doing that. It failed. :smallredface:

Elder Tsofu
2010-09-06, 02:28 PM
It was a grand idea thou and had much promise!
Damn shame.
I still have Coco with me.

Edit: I suddenly got an role-playing idea. ^^

Murska
2010-09-07, 09:59 AM
Day One Ends!

Don't want to hear about it,
every single one's got a story to tell.
Everyone knows about it!
From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell.

And if I catch it coming back my way I'm gonna serve it to you-
*click*

Shutting off the sound... I need to get back to writing now and it's distracting me. Another paper. What was I writing again? Right, I need to do the narration. Late already, on day one... What a great narrator I am.

Heh. Okay, this pen sucks, I'll take that one. Now, who got lynched... Oh, Thufir? Didn't expect that, but I guess that's how day one is. I'll go check the thread for what he's roleplayed, maybe he'll appreciate his character in the narration.

...whoa, I like this roleplay. Really feels they like my setting. Those guys are writing an awesome fight scene over there.

"Okay, he's taking the bait." Fleeing Coward was whispering to the others. "We need to move now! Keep the fight going, guys."
"How do you know?" Asked one of the others. "I mean, I know the evidence and all but how can you know what this Narrator is thinking?"
"You just have to trust me now. You know the other side is there. I want to go through, and you can come with me or stay here."
"All right, we're coming." The other player sighs resignedly.

...oops. I should concentrate on writing the narration. So where was I. The Gangsters were chasing that Mafioso down the street...

"Quickly now! We need to all act at once, causing as much chaos as possible, so we can break through in his confusion! NOW!"

Wait, what? That's a flood of new posts. What is this, roleplay? I don't get it.
*flash*
What was that?

Murska turns around and sees a crowd of players rushing at him.
"Take him out!"
"What are you doing? Who are you? Are you insane?"

A brief scuffle, and the house is silent again.

In another place, another time, someone closes a Word document. "As if I'd let them get away..."

Summary:The players decided to vote for No Lynch so, predictably, nobody died. (The first one to name the reference gains a point of narrator favour.)

Notes: Thufir and Fleeing Coward were named for being two of the people who had second-most votes today.(Two.) The full vote counts were:
No Lynch - 7
Aemoh - 2
Calamity - 2
Fleeing Coward - 2
Tasroth - 2
Thufir - 2
Tydude - 2
And a bunch of people got one.

The players who didn't vote were:
Calamity
IXI FatTony IXI
RedScholarGypsy
Shadowcaller
Strategos
Supagoof
The Fiery Tower
VA_Beds

If I've made mistakes, correct me. It's my first time narrating.

Night One Starts!

Elder Tsofu
2010-09-07, 10:19 AM
I've found an error!
Its not your first time narrating, you did a bit in The Island too. :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-09-07, 10:28 AM
I've found an error!
Its not your first time narrating, you did a bit in The Island too. :smalltongue:

But that wasn't a Werewolf game so I technically wasn't narrating. More like being the GM.

Elder Tsofu
2010-09-07, 11:43 AM
Well, apples and pears are both fruit anyway. :smallwink:

Eternal Drifter
2010-09-07, 05:46 PM
Night 1

In the Grand Bill Hotel, in room 43, Eternal Drifter sits at a desk.

On one part of the desk is a half-finished list...

Obtain contacts
Make base
Gather recruits
Obtain weapons
Take out the Red Flames
'Negotiate' with the Mafia
Replace police department
Rule city

The Eternal Serpents seem like a nice name...

The piece of paper he was working on, however...

Walk eternally, walk eternally...
Why must I walk eternally?
Fated to be alone,
Continuing to try to defy it,
Yet I always end alone...
Walk eternally, walk eternally...
Why must I walk eternally?

At a knocking at his room door, Drifter gets up, and takes a letter to the butler he called up.

"Sorry to bother you at this late hour..." Drifter says, "But I have something for you to deliver... Take this letter to this person, and bring me a response before sunrise, please."

OOC: Murska, here is a mini-game idea I have... I hope you approve.

Mini-game: Eternal Serpents
Each night, Drifter will write a letter to one of the players, and offer them a chance to join the Eternal Serpents. If they join, they retain normal affiliation and role powers, they just gain an extra affiliation of an Eternal Serpent. Eternal Serpents win the mini-game if they outnumber the other players.
Disclaimer: This is a secondary goal for me, like Murska's Cult in Camelot WW2. It should have no effect on gameplay.

Deathslayer7
2010-09-07, 10:54 PM
Patrick, chocolates tucked under his arm, follows his nose (and the sound of music) to the kitchen, entering and, spotting Sarah, his smile grows. As he sets down the chocolates and hurries over to sweep his girl into his arms.

Sarah smiles as she sees Patrick come in through the door and lets herself be hugged, hugging him back at just as fierce. She gives him a quick kiss on the lips. I see you aren't working as hard as you say. she says smiling as her eyes spot the basket.

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 11:09 PM
Patcick returns the kiss, and chuckles happily as he retrieves the basket and hands it to Sarah. "You know me. Working to the bone nine to five, then relaxing from the bone afterwards. And always with only the best and finest chocolates available in the city for the girl of my heart."

Internet Flea
2010-09-07, 11:12 PM
Mini-game: Eternal Serpents

Each night, Drifter will write a letter to one of the players, and offer them a chance to join the Eternal Serpents. If they join, they retain normal affiliation and role powers, they just gain an extra affiliation of an Eternal Serpent. Eternal Serpents win the mini-game if they outnumber the other players.
Disclaimer: This is a secondary goal for me, like Murska's Cult in Camelot WW2. It should have no effect on gameplay.

I feel a strong urge to create a counter-group called Infinite Eve, whose goal is to strike down the Eternal Serpents.
I think that one might affect gameplay, though.

Deathslayer7
2010-09-07, 11:20 PM
Sarah blushes slightly. You spoil me too much. she says giving him another kiss. This time a bit longer. She pulls back after a moment though. Dinner's almost ready. she smiles herself. I made fish tacos.

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 11:23 PM
Patrick's own cheeks blush at Sarah's kiss, holding it happily before pulling away with her. "Ah, so that's what I smelled. If it tastes half as good as it smells, it'll be absolutely scumptious." He chuckles, neither confirming or denying her comment about spoilage. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-09-08, 06:23 AM
Night 1

In the Grand Bill Hotel, in room 43, Eternal Drifter sits at a desk.

On one part of the desk is a half-finished list...

The Eternal Serpents seem like a nice name...

The piece of paper he was working on, however...

At a knocking at his room door, Drifter gets up, and takes a letter to the butler he called up.

"Sorry to bother you at this late hour..." Drifter says, "But I have something for you to deliver... Take this letter to this person, and bring me a response before sunrise, please."

OOC: Murska, here is a mini-game idea I have... I hope you approve.

I approve entirely of the hotel being named after me, but I'm unsure about the minigame.

Murska
2010-09-08, 09:14 AM
Mini-game: Feel free, but you'll need to keep track yourself and it won't have an in-game effect. Unless it has an effect on the players, but then it's just like roleplaying having an impact on the players. If I bother, I might write down the members in case you tell me who they are, though.

Murska
2010-09-08, 10:02 AM
Night One Ends

The three factions hold their own meetings, consolidate their positions and plan their moves. There's plenty of close calls but, for once, the night passes without fatalities.

Nobody is naive enough to think that this means things are going to get better, however.

Day Two Starts

InaVegt
2010-09-08, 10:16 AM
Billtodamax, unless someone has a better idea.

Supagoof
2010-09-08, 11:45 AM
There was this kid I played games with; he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me, you know. We did some work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition, we ran molasses into Canada... made a fortune. As much as anyone, I respected him and trusted him. Later on he had an idea to narrate a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Murska, and the city he invented was Metropolis. This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost or a statue of him in this town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order. When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Murska, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying crazy things. So when he turned up dead, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business!

I flick away the remains of my cigarette, and head away from Tony's. This city was turning chaotic - with lunatics running around killing each other in the name of good, or bad, or whatever flavor of vigilante justice they felt the need to kill for this day. About a block or two away, I turn down an alleyway - checking careful behind me to make sure I'm not noticed. No one is looking, so I hop into a parked van.

Hey SG, any news?

No. I don't have any leads yet. Still working on it.

You're playing a dangerous game you know?

Dangerous games are all I know how to play. You don't get raised the way I did and not know how to dance on the edge.

You being that involved with the family, we figure you'd be able to take us right to the godfather.

I don't - I never knew no godfather. I got my own family, detective.

Still - stay safe, and let us know if that Eternal Drifter you're following turns up anything.

Will do.

I hop out of the van and think of the name he dropped. Eternal Drifter always makes money for his partners. One by one, old friends are gone. Death, natural or not, prison, deported. Eternal Drifter is the only one left, because he always made money for his partners.

IXI FatTony IXI
2010-09-08, 12:08 PM
Betty gives the boss one of her special, toe-curling, soul-scorching kisses in gratitude. "I'll do real good, boss. Promise!" :smallsmile:

Betty Scranton heads into the hotel to look for Cedric.

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d05/1407/b329658.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39458501)

... The Next Day

It was a quiet night, no more gunfights and robbery than usual.
The newspaper was pretty dry too, nothing had happened.
Betty had spent the night at the Grand Bill "Negotiating" a contract.

I stood up and left my office at the back of the bar,
"Tony!"
"Yes, Frank?
"Cedric called, he said someone shifty has just booked himself into the Hotel 'n that he calls himself the Eternal Drifter"
"Eternal Drifter? I'll ask Betty to look out for him."

Diva De
2010-09-08, 12:39 PM
Marcie eyed some hood at the back of the bar she felt like was spending too long looking their way. She thought it was that Shadowcaller guy, but she wasn't 100%. The bar was getting smoky.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-08, 01:12 PM
Matthew Damewood reads the morning paper after breakfast, and a smile comes to his face. "No killings last night... that's a relief." He checks his watch and frowns. "I should be heading over to the office."

On the ride to the office, he turns the radio on. As he twists the dial looking for his station, in between the snippets of news and music, he catches the beginning of a radio show:

"And now we bring you the further adventures of that intrepid reporter, Sue D. O'Nimme, on her never-ending quest to ferret out corruption and injustice! When last we left our heroine, she had just uncovered a nefarious scheme to create vicious, blood-drinking shrubbery and been captured by the mysterious mastermind behind it, a man known only as The Bushranger - "

Matthew changes the channel to listen to some music and drives on.

EleventhHour
2010-09-08, 01:59 PM
>.>

Deathslayer, because I don't have any other logic right now.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-08, 02:02 PM
Deathslayer

Aemoh
2010-09-08, 02:47 PM
*points at billtodamax*

For ze three way tie of two points each :smallamused:

cd4
2010-09-08, 03:13 PM
Cedric had had an interesting night with Betty showing her all round the hotel, and how good the beds are. He disliked the news that there was a guy called shadowcaller looking shiftily in a lower part of town. The boss usually made sure all his gang members looked perfectly normal.

OOC: I improve the tie to 4 people with 2 votes.

Eternal Drifter
2010-09-08, 04:33 PM
Day 2

Eternal Drifter returned to a street corner, with his supplies restocked. There, two kids waited, a young boy and a younger girl.

"All right," Drifter said, handing a bar to each of them. "What's the scoop?"

"You are being fingered by two people..." says the boy. "FatTony and Supagoof."

"This could cause problems... killed before I get a response from a possible contact... and solidfy my hold on the city... No word on either of the Mafia or the Red Flames?"

"No sir."

"Then who is under the most suspision?"

"Four have been named, including yourself..."

"A name! A name!"

"Deathslayer! Deathslayer! Let me go! Let me go!"

Drifter put the boy back on the ground, surprised at his anger. "Sorry, got carried away..."

VA_beds
2010-09-08, 06:59 PM
HELLFIRE!!!!!
HELLFIRE is where this city is headed.
Criminals running roughshod over honest citizens!!
Loose morals on every corner!
Fornicators acting in the open!!

We must begin cleansing this city and we can begin with HappyTurtle!!!

Ghanz Nmi
2010-09-08, 09:21 PM
The department lounge was bustling as usual, work not stopping for no petty crime spree. Ghanz sat in the corner, sipping his morning tea, skimming the newspapers as usual.

"No deaths last night, that's a first," he murmured. "The HappyTurtle Parade? Who'd want a parade at a time like this?"