PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law 4 (4 Times The Mayhem!)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

MoleMage
2010-10-01, 09:29 PM
Is treasure lust a genetic trait of dragons then? Not a learned trait; brought on by society and a great deal of personal power?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-01, 09:31 PM
Is treasure lust a genetic trait of dragons then? Not a learned trait; brought on by society and a great deal of personal power?

Dragons are like magpies. They love shiny things.

The expression on Tinder's face in the last panel is little unclear and somewhat disturbing.

He's suppressing a fit of the giggles in the last panel.

Mystic Muse

It's genetic. In fact all dragons are distantly related to Scrooge McDuck. Just kidding. I wonder what the official reason is now that you mention it.

EDIT: And now we have the answer.

He's suppressing a fit of the giggles in the last panel.

ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Dusk Eclipse
Wow it has been bit more than a week, and we have already reached the half-life of the thread!:smalleek:

Personally I am firm believer it is a genetic trait, there is no other way that even good dragons would hoard so much treasure

Draconi Redfir
2010-10-01, 10:26 PM
according to the big book of dragons, they do it so they can ly ontop of it, and have it stick to their soft bellys to act as a sort of armor. though thats going kind of offtopic :P

also: Tinder rolling around in gold XD

Lycan 01
2010-10-01, 10:31 PM
Excellent comic. :smallbiggrin:

I loved Tinder spazzing for the gold. A very nice touch. And the last panel gave me the giggles. :smalltongue:

CWater
2010-10-01, 10:38 PM
Excellent comic. :smallbiggrin:

I loved Tinder spazzing for the gold. A very nice touch. And the last panel gave me the giggles. :smalltongue:

Seconded!:smallsmile:
Tinder and Matt actually have quite a lot in common.

Roc Ness
2010-10-01, 10:38 PM
:smallbiggrin:

There is something really funny about dragon nestled waist-deep gold and grinning like an overjoyed, hyperactive child.

Mystic Muse
2010-10-01, 10:40 PM

There is something really funny about dragon nestled waist-deep gold and grinning like an overjoyed, hyperactive child.

Yes, there is.

Coffee, Have I mentioned just how much I love this comic?

blackjack217
2010-10-01, 10:41 PM
Excellent comic. I really enjoyed it

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-01, 10:42 PM

Why do you think I put it in? :smallbiggrin:

And thanks, everybody!

Lycan 01
2010-10-01, 10:53 PM
This may have been one of my favorite comics, actually. I honestly just love the fact that you pointed out Tinder's love of gold. Its so simple and mundane, but you inplimented and incorperated it flawlessly. Very nice. :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-01, 10:57 PM
This may have been one of my favorite comics, actually. I honestly just love the fact that you pointed out Tinder's love of gold. Its so simple and mundane, but you inplimented and incorperated it flawlessly. Very nice. :smallsmile:

Wow, really? Thanks...:smallredface:

Lord Raziere
2010-10-01, 11:04 PM
Dragons are like magpies. They love shiny things.

Zarakkan: "Hm? huh a bunch of shiny gold, useless except for being good electrical conductors and bribing peopl- OOH BOOKS! Must learn knowledge!" *runs towards books*

Marnath
2010-10-01, 11:10 PM
Hehe, I love the comic. Tinder is funny, I expected him to spread the treasure out, not get into the bag with it lol. :smallbiggrin:

Janine must have gotten over her kicked-puppy thing from earlier, judging by Lloyd's reaction.

As far as Tinder's face in the last panel being disturbing Kyuubi: Half-dragon template can be applied to any living corporeal being. I don't think there's anything they wouldn't hit. 'nuff said.:smalltongue: Although giggles works too.

Mystic Muse
2010-10-01, 11:14 PM
As far as Tinder's face in the last panel being disturbing Kyuubi: Half-dragon template can be applied to any living corporeal being. I don't think there's anything they wouldn't hit. 'nuff said.:smalltongue:.

That was the point.:smalltongue:

RdMarquis
2010-10-02, 02:50 AM
This was fun to read. I cracked up at Tinder using the treasure bag as an impromptu ball-pit. Lloyd and Janine's little exchange was great, too.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-02, 10:24 AM
I'm glad you explained he was giggling. VoyeurTinder is a creepy though.
And when I say creepy...
I'll be in my bunk. [/jayne]

Allan Surgite
2010-10-02, 10:36 AM
...I'll admit it, I smiled at Tin:Der Tinder sitting in the gold.

Also: oh, Janine :smallwink:

Mina Kobold
2010-10-02, 11:05 AM
Hehe, I love the comic. Tinder is funny, I expected him to spread the treasure out, not get into the bag with it lol. :smallbiggrin:

Janine must have gotten over her kicked-puppy thing from earlier, judging by Lloyd's reaction.

As far as Tinder's face in the last panel being disturbing Kyuubi: Half-dragon template can be applied to any living corporeal being. I don't think there's anything they wouldn't hit. 'nuff said.:smalltongue: Although giggles works too.

I believed he would hug the bag but I sincerely agree, this way it's much more hilarious :smallbiggrin:

I'm just wondering how a half-dragon gibbering moulder would work.

Currently my hypothesis is split between dragons having secret labs for creating cloned supersoldiers or some very weird wizards with fat too much free time.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-02, 11:08 AM
Hmmm...
Tinder/Haley? XD

Volthawk
2010-10-02, 11:21 AM
dragons having secret labs for creating cloned supersoldiers

This is just pure awesomeness.

Marnath
2010-10-02, 12:02 PM
I believed he would hug the bag but I sincerely agree, this way it's much more hilarious :smallbiggrin:

I'm just wondering how a half-dragon gibbering moulder would work.

:mitd:Dragon: "Shapechange!"

*squish* *blorp*

John Cribati
2010-10-02, 12:36 PM

Half-Dragon gelatinous cube.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-02, 12:52 PM
Half-Dragon gelatinous cube.

Common that is such a cliché...maybe half dragon umber hulk? Half-dragon Illithid? Half-dragon beholder?

blackjack217
2010-10-02, 12:58 PM
half dragon dragon

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-02, 12:59 PM
half dragon dragon

Don't joke about that, pink dragons are really dangerous...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-02, 01:02 PM
Guys, let's try to stay on-topic here.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-02, 01:04 PM
:smallredface: Sorry....I'll try to.

Ermm any bets on how long it will take Janine to shape up?

HalfTangible
2010-10-02, 02:03 PM
Hmmm...
Tinder/Haley? XD

They'd be too busy fighting each other over the gold.

Allan Surgite
2010-10-02, 02:04 PM
Haley would be unable to count the gold, what with the Tin:Der Tinder on top of the sack.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-02, 02:12 PM
Haley would be unable to count the gold, what with the Tin:Der Tinder on top of the sack.

Tinder would count it for her. :smalltongue:

And what's with this? Tin:Der

RdMarquis
2010-10-02, 02:14 PM
Maybe she'll try to scare him off. What level was Tinder again, and do you think she can take him?

HalfTangible
2010-10-02, 02:19 PM
Maybe she'll try to scare him off. What level was Tinder again, and do you think she can take him?

8-10.

And maaaaaaaaybe.

Allan Surgite
2010-10-02, 02:31 PM
And what's with this? Tin:Der
Oh. A representation of Tinder's mood throughout most of the current comic, which can be described as :D.

*shrug*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-02, 02:46 PM
Oh. A representation of Tinder's mood throughout most of the current comic, which can be described as :D.

*shrug*

Ah, thanks!

Say, I wonder what you think each characters' earliest memory was? (I already know! :smallbiggrin:)

Mina Kobold
2010-10-02, 04:40 PM
This is just pure awesomeness.

Of course I am :smalltongue:

Someone have to suspect the dragons, the clothes and all the squares and halflings.

Otherwise they could be plotting our demise, man!

Ah, thanks!

Say, I wonder what you think each characters' earliest memory was? (I already know! :smallbiggrin:)

I believe Radic's might involve animals and Matt and Tinder probably remember shiny stuff.

I don't know about the others, for some reason I imagine Loyd's to be happy but that's all.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-02, 04:43 PM
Tinder would count it for her. :smalltongue:
Sounds like you agree to me. XP

Hmm. Was Janine's going into her parents room late at night and seeing things too old for her innocent eyes?
Naaah. I get the idea that her early memories would be sweet and cuddly.

Or terrifying and orcy.

Marnath
2010-10-02, 05:12 PM

I seriously doubt Haley is a match for a young adult dragon on her own, not to mention he has friends. Plus, you can't scare a dragon away from treasure unless they know you absolutely could kill them.

*edit: Tinder's first memory is likely his mothers face, since she was probably there when he hatched.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-10-02, 06:08 PM
The expression on Tinder's face in the last panel is little unclear and somewhat disturbing.

He obviously ships Lloyd/Janine.

Marnath
2010-10-02, 07:16 PM
I just had a thought. If dragons are enthralled by shiny things, would squeak toys get their undivided attention too? If so I can picture it now:

Haley: Hey, can I take a look at the treas--
Tinder: Noo, my shinies!
Haley: Oh yeah? Look what I've got. *squeak* *squeak*
Tinder: Ooohhh! O.o
Haley: Go get it! *throws*
Tinder runs off to get the squeak toy
Haley: I knew that would work. ^.^ Time for treasure!

Mystic Muse
2010-10-02, 07:27 PM
I just had a thought. If dragons are enthralled by shiny things, would squeak toys get their undivided attention too? If so I can picture it now:

Haley: Hey, can I take a look at the treas--
Tinder: Noo, my shinies!
Haley: Oh yeah? Look what I've got. *squeak* *squeak*
Tinder: Ooohhh! O.o
Haley: Go get it! *throws*
Tinder runs off to get the squeak toy
Haley: I knew that would work. ^.^ Time for treasure!

You're thinking of lunars from exalted. keychain of creation reference

But I think we need to get back on topic guys.

MoleMage
2010-10-02, 08:39 PM
But I think we need to get back on topic guys.

There's a topic? Oh hey, neat, a comic. This is pretty cool.

Whoever wrote this clearly has an intent for their storyline and thinks about the world from the perspective of each character. It makes them seem so vivid and real. Excellent characters.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-02, 08:50 PM
Guys, I have something important to tell you. If I had known just how popular Murphy's Law would have gotten, I would have done this months ago. I can't begin to thank all of you for allowing me and my story to get to this point, and for traveling with Team Gale. What am I doing?

I am copyrighting Murphy's Law.

I'm going to officially file the copyright with the Library of Congress once I get my college applications in. I'm a little bit nervous because it means revealing my real name, but I'll be 18 in 9 months and I don't want anybody stealing my ideas or anything in that time. I'm not worried about you, but about other people. I'm going to reupload the current comic with the watermark that all future comics will bear. And right here, I'm making it official:

Murphy's Law © 2010 Caroline Kramer

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-02, 08:52 PM
Coffee congratulations, I mean this must be a big step for you, also I suggest if you can/want to try to move to your own site.

John Cribati
2010-10-02, 08:53 PM
*Fanboy squee that breaks the sound barrier despite that being impossible*

MoleMage
2010-10-02, 09:09 PM
Neat! This is an important step in your time as a writer. Coffee's first copyright! All us folks who were waiting to say "I read her work when she was just running off a forum" can add "I was there the first time she copyrighted her work" to the list.

Plus, Herpestidae's squee does break the sound barrier by definition. Since, y'know, it's a sound. Which travel...wait for it...at the speed of sound. Shocking, I know.

Geno9999
2010-10-02, 09:22 PM
Neat! This is an important step in your time as a writer. Coffee's first copyright! All us folks who were waiting to say "I read her work when she was just running off a forum" can add "I was there the first time she copyrighted her work" to the list.
Shoot, I only have "I lurked on the thread the comics were on.":smalltongue:

Awesome work on the comic. *resumes lurking*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-02, 09:26 PM
Coffee congratulations, I mean this must be a big step for you, also I suggest if you can/want to try to move to your own site.

If I want to sell stuff (Which I might), I'm going to have to. However, I don't plan on selling merchandise until I get a much larger base. (I really don't know how many people read this, or if I have enough viewers to keep this going once I move offsite.)

Thank you, everyone. :smallsmile:

John Cribati
2010-10-02, 09:29 PM
Plus, Herpestidae's squee does break the sound barrier by definition. Since, y'know, it's a sound. Which travel...wait for it...at the speed of sound. Shocking, I know.

It moves at the speed of sound. It would have to move faster than the speed of sound (590-something miles per hour at Standard Temperature and Pressure, IIRC) to break the sound barrier.

CWater
2010-10-02, 10:56 PM
Congratulations Coffee!:smallsmile:

This event recuires celebration! Does anyone have cake?:smalltongue:

...Am I still allowed to draw some fanart every once in a while?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-02, 10:59 PM
Congratulations Coffee!:smallsmile:

This event recuires celebration! Does anyone have cake?:smalltongue:

...Am I still allowed to draw some fanart every once in a while?

Cake? I wish...

And of course you are, CWater! As long as you don't pass it off as your own work (Which I doubt you will), you're fine. :smallsmile:

Roc Ness
2010-10-02, 11:07 PM
:Raises eyebrow:

Wow, congratulations, Coffee! :smallwink:

Lord Raziere
2010-10-02, 11:15 PM
congrats Coffee.

me? I'm keeping all the stuff I have secret until I can copyright it, and of course I'm not talking about The Story of a Dragon.

Marnath
2010-10-03, 01:00 AM
Awesome, grats on taking this big step! I promise to do my part in not derailing the thread anymore, don't wanna ruin this for you and stuff. :smalltongue:

Well, I'll sure try to rein in my urge to go off-topic, at least.:smallwink:

Zexion
2010-10-03, 01:05 AM
Congratulations Coffee! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: And if you move it to another site, I suggest that you use Comicfury. They automatically add copyright legalese with your name in it after every comic. :smallsmile:

mucat
2010-10-03, 01:15 AM
Sounds like fun; I'll try it. (And skipping past other posts for now, so I won't be influenced by everyone else's guesses)

Lloyd: Hanging out with two other toddlers, angry that one of them is treating the other one badly. He couldn't really figure out how to fix the situation, but he wanted to, and clearly remembers his frustration.

Radic: Doggy! Her parents tell her she can't possibly remember the dog they had when she was a baby -- it died when she was still too young to remember -- but she remembers the dog perfectly, though with no context of surrounding events.

Janine: None, really. Her early childhood was a happy blur, and she can't pick out any one oldest memory. Her really clear memories, which she wishes she could forget, start much later.

Matt: Hiding behind the couch with some candy he stole. Knowing they can't find him and take it back is the greatest feeling ever. (If he realized that no one cared that he had the candy, and they weren't looking for it, it would have ruined the whole thing.)

Tinder: Kind of like Janine, his early memories are a blur. His parents and sister were there, but he feels like they were there forever; he can't pick out an earliest moment.

Serrin: Yelling Bird is funny!

RdMarquis
2010-10-03, 02:16 AM
Congratulations and good luck with everything. Oh, and I'd nearly forgotten about that earliest memory question before mucat mentioned it again. I'll give it a whirl once I've had a chance to think, it might be interesting to write.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-03, 08:08 AM
Congratulations and good luck!

Also you have a pretty name. (Shot)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 08:12 AM
Congratulations and good luck!

Also you have a pretty name. (Shot)

Thanks, everyone. :smallredface: (And also, it's really REALLY annoying when people mispronounce my name.)

Lix Lorn
2010-10-03, 08:44 AM
...how's it pronounced, then?

HalfTangible
2010-10-03, 09:16 AM
Thanks, everyone. :smallredface: (And also, it's really REALLY annoying when people mispronounce my name.)

At least nobody ever called you 'Frances' :smallannoyed:

CWater
2010-10-03, 09:24 AM

First or last name? You see we just studied something called Cramer's rule in Electric circuits class and our lecturer complained how English speakers regularly mispronounce it.:smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 09:30 AM
First or last name? You see we just studied something called Cramer's rule in Electric circuits class and our lecturer complained how English speakers regularly mispronounce it.:smalltongue:
First. People forget the e at the end all the time. :smallannoyed:

But let's get back on topic, okay?

Mina Kobold
2010-10-03, 09:59 AM
I wonder how the copyright works outside of the United States.

There was some news story a while back about the troubles that created when some work was distributed without royalties or something because Swedish laws were different from American ones.

Oh well, not like anyone would get away with trying to claim Coffee's artwork as their own without getting crushed under-heel a horde of angry fans :smalltongue:

Symmys
2010-10-03, 10:57 AM
*applauds* Congrats on the copyright, Coffee!
I love how Tinder goes for the treasure. I was kind of expecting him to dive in headfirst, but I guess that would hurt.

mucat
2010-10-03, 11:04 AM
If I ever open a theme restaurant for dragons, I'll have to remember to install a ball pit full of gold coins. It'll be a huge hit!

Congratulations on the copyright, Coffee, and I know it'll be a step toward a brilliant artistic career.

Lord Loss
2010-10-03, 11:09 AM
Congrats on the copyright!

When do the books come out?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 11:11 AM
If I ever open a theme restaurant for dragons, I'll have to remember to install a ball pit full of gold coins. It'll be a huge hit!

Congratulations on the copyright, Coffee, and I know it'll be a step toward a brilliant artistic career.

Yeah, but they'd steal it all.

Congrats on the copyright!

When do the books come out?

Not for a long while. Sorry. :smalltongue:

blackjack217
2010-10-03, 11:20 AM
Congrats. Also about collage glhf

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-03, 12:52 PM
All I have to say is: nice! Glad about you getting your first copyright!

Marnath
2010-10-03, 12:57 PM
How many more guesses do we get on the first memory thing? Cause I'm curious to know the answer. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 01:01 PM
How many more guesses do we get on the first memory thing? Cause I'm curious to know the answer. :smalltongue:

Don't worry. It's the very first comic in the prequel when I release it.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-03, 02:25 PM
Don't worry. It's the very first comic in the prequel when I release it.

But as popular as this is, the prequel might only be available in stores when you get to it :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 02:38 PM
But as popular as this is, the prequel might only be available in stores when you get to it :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

Nope, I'm doing all 5 online.

The problem is which one to do first...

The prequels have the Murphy's Law characters that we all know and love. The two sequels...The second sequel will be the last Aequar comic that I do, at least right now; I know that much. But the first sequel, it features a new cast, but it really is a sequel to Murphy's Law.

Asta Kask
2010-10-03, 03:43 PM

Congratulations on the Copyright. Does your family know?

And how can you mispronounce Caroline? Or Kramer? Do you have some especially odd pronounciation? Kramér? Krah-mer? Carolynn? Inquiring minds want to know...

John Cribati
2010-10-03, 03:46 PM
Caroline can be pronounced with either a short or long "i." I blame America and their brutalization of the fine English language. It's spelled Colour, damn it!:smallfurious:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 03:59 PM
Congratulations on the Copyright. Does your family know?

And how can you mispronounce Caroline? Or Kramer? Do you have some especially odd pronounciation? Kramér? Krah-mer? Carolynn? Inquiring minds want to know...

Yeah. My dad approved of it and promised to help me through the process.

Carolynn?! Don't. :smallmad: That's what people keep pronouncing my name as!

MoleMage
2010-10-03, 04:10 PM
Caroline can be pronounced with either a short or long "i." I blame America and their brutalization of the fine English language. It's spelled Colour, damn it!:smallfurious:

I blame everyone who isn't familiar with phonetics and their lack of knowledge that the "short i" (as in kid, pit, trip) is one vowel sound while the "long i" (as in I, eye, kite) is actually not a distinct sound but actually a diphthong of the "a" sound in shawl and the short "i" sound!

Also, spelling means bunk. 'color' and 'colour' both read as /kʊlɚ/ to me. Approximately.

Coffee, if I got your pronunciation correct, it would be something like 'CARE oh line', yes?

Allan Surgite
2010-10-03, 04:11 PM
I've always assumed "Caroline" to be "Karow-ly-nuh", to render it phonetically. Congratulations on the copyright, regardless.

Also: it depends how much foreshadowing the prequel has for the plot. To use a personal example, a hypothetical story I have is, essentially, seven "parts". The first would be the prequel, the second the actual beginning. However, the prequel would foreshadow more than a few events in the fourth and sixth story; if I was to release the prequel, I would do so before the sixth but after the fourth. After the fourth so that readers can understand the call forwards to it, but before the sixth so the audience still has something to discover.

But, y'know, that's just a personal reflection; if it's more of an origin story (whether for the world, or just for the cast), release it before the "sequel", but if it's designed to foreshadow some of the other stories, you may want to release it after the sequel.

But, in the end, it's up to you.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 04:31 PM
I blame everyone who isn't familiar with phonetics and their lack of knowledge that the "short i" (as in kid, pit, trip) is one vowel sound while the "long i" (as in I, eye, kite) is actually not a distinct sound but actually a diphthong of the "a" sound in shawl and the short "i" sound!

Also, spelling means bunk. 'color' and 'colour' both read as /kʊlɚ/ to me. Approximately.

Coffee, if I got your pronunciation correct, it would be something like 'CARE oh line', yes?

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks.

I've always assumed "Caroline" to be "Karow-ly-nuh", to render it phonetically.

No. That's not how my name is pronounced.

Also: it depends how much foreshadowing the prequel has for the plot. To use a personal example, a hypothetical story I have is, essentially, seven "parts". The first would be the prequel, the second the actual beginning. However, the prequel would foreshadow more than a few events in the fourth and sixth story; if I was to release the prequel, I would do so before the sixth but after the fourth. After the fourth so that readers can understand the call forwards to it, but before the sixth so the audience still has something to discover.

But, y'know, that's just a personal reflection; if it's more of an origin story (whether for the world, or just for the cast), release it before the "sequel", but if it's designed to foreshadow some of the other stories, you may want to release it after the sequel.

But, in the end, it's up to you.

Well, the two prequels are more of an "Origin Story," but I kinda really want to release the sequel first for three reasons:

1. I need to practice convoluted plans and mind games and mental stuff like that in my stories. While there are plenty of plans and stuff in Murphy's Law and the prequels, the storylines are pretty much straightforward and more action-oriented. That's not to say that the sequel won't have action (It WILL), but there will be lots planning and strategy and gambits and mind games.

2. Melata and Alistair graduated at the top of their class from the Light Yagami School Of Strategy. Remember what I said about mind games?

3. I'm gonna need a flowchart to understand the plot that I made.

HypoSoc
2010-10-03, 04:36 PM
Melata and Alistair graduated at the top of their classes from the Light Yagami School Of Strategy and L Tactical University respectively.

I fixed that for you.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 04:40 PM
I fixed that for you.

Now do you understand why I'm giggling in glee as I set up the plot for the sequel?

MWAHAHAHAHAH! Dance, my puppets! DANCE!!! AHAHAH!

*Cough Cough*

...Sorry. :smallredface:

(But seriously, this plot is so deliciously convoluted...)

John Cribati
2010-10-03, 04:40 PM
I fixed that for you.

She's talking about this, I think... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhVPxYCXeRA)

Lord Raziere
2010-10-03, 04:58 PM
Making cool plans and schemers is easy.

First like any character you give them something to want. Then you make them smart. Then you add a heap of complications and problems in the way, so many in fact that the character realizes from the get-go that straightforward-ness won't get the thing. They need to work in a roundabout way to get it, to control the many variables around them until the conditions are just right for them to get it. In fact, for best results, just put the entire freaking world in their way, if getting what the character wanted was easy they wouldn't need such a complicated plan.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 04:59 PM
Making cool plans and schemers is easy.

First like any character you give them something to want. Then you make them smart. Then you add a heap of complications and problems in the way, so many in fact that the character realizes from the get-go that straightforward-ness won't get the thing. They need to work in a roundabout way to get it, to control the many variables around them until the conditions are just right for them to get it. In fact, for best results, just put the entire freaking world in their way, if getting what the character wanted was easy they wouldn't need such a complicated plan.

Oh, I've already set the entire plot outline! Now I'm just working out the kinks and I think at one point there's like 5 schemes going on at once and nobody's aware of ALL of them. This is gonna be fun.

Allan Surgite
2010-10-03, 05:20 PM
1. I need to practice convoluted plans and mind games and mental stuff like that in my stories. While there are plenty of plans and stuff in Murphy's Law and the prequels, the storylines are pretty much straightforward and more action-oriented. That's not to say that the sequel won't have action (It WILL), but there will be lots planning and strategy and gambits and mind games.
If you have time, I'd recommend practising this away from Murphy's Law; try some vignettes. You have to get the perception for these things right; done badly, you get the idea that this stuff is happening because the author says so. Do it right, and you get what you want - someone who's intelligent, and plans for everything. It's a delicate balance; make them too smart and they'll make the plot boring, too dumb and the plot smacks of contrivance. I'm sure you're aware of all this, though :smalltongue:

3. I'm gonna need a flowchart to understand the plot that I made.
Ohoho, I've been in that position. But my flow charts often end up more confusing than the actual plot, according to reviewers - it all seems simpler in execution. Of course, I was just having one character being complex (to a certain extent - he is implied to work out the plot for the Second and Third stories while the Second story is panning out, with his role in the Fourth and Fifth being formulated in the Third story) and other characters being rather more simple around him, it's still an interesting thing to consider. Of course, it depends on who the point-of-view is focused on; telling something from the chessmaster's point of view will often make it more realistic than explaining it from his dumb muscle's, unless he likes to boast and talk a lot.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-03, 05:26 PM
Oh, I've already set the entire plot outline! Now I'm just working out the kinks and I think at one point there's like 5 schemes going on at once and nobody's aware of ALL of them. This is gonna be fun.

only five schemes? Coff, both of my book settings RUN on multiple complicated schemes going on, in my fantasy setting there is like.....

at least 10 schemes in progress, 9 schemes and hundreds more if you count one of the factions as a bunch of individuals rather than a united force, and that is just one planet.

my sci-fi setting has schemes beyond counting- probably thousands though only......about 15 or 16 are actually important to the books themselves.

I know, a little overboard, but I can't resist, I just love it when a bunch of competing plans smash together and create chaos. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-03, 05:30 PM
If you have time, I'd recommend practising this away from Murphy's Law; try some vignettes. You have to get the perception for these things right; done badly, you get the idea that this stuff is happening because the author says so. Do it right, and you get what you want - someone who's intelligent, and plans for everything. It's a delicate balance; make them too smart and they'll make the plot boring, too dumb and the plot smacks of contrivance. I'm sure you're aware of all this, though :smalltongue:

I did say I was taking a creative writing class in school this year. :smalltongue:

only five schemes? Coff, both of my book settings RUN on multiple complicated schemes going on, in my fantasy setting there is like.....

at least 10 schemes in progress, 9 schemes and hundreds more if you count one of the factions as a bunch of individuals rather than a united force, and that is just one planet.

my sci-fi setting has schemes beyond counting- probably thousands though only......about 15 or 16 are actually important to the books themselves.

I know, a little overboard, but I can't resist, I just love it when a bunch of competing plans smash together and create chaos. :smallbiggrin:

Yes, but there's only 6 characters who are important to the plot.

Tulio d Bard
2010-10-04, 12:22 AM
Congrats on your copyright! What is necessary (age, document, cost, etc) to have something copyrighted?

And about the sequels and prequels:
*Why are you making two prequels about the same characters?
*I'd love if at least one of them was in written book form (probably one with less funny moments), but that's just my opinion.

EndlessWrath
2010-10-04, 09:07 AM
Love the comic, Congratulations on the copyright. Can't wait to see more :smallamused:

-Wrath

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-04, 06:25 PM
Congrats on your copyright! What is necessary (age, document, cost, etc) to have something copyrighted?

And about the sequels and prequels:
*Why are you making two prequels about the same characters?
*I'd love if at least one of them was in written book form (probably one with less funny moments), but that's just my opinion.

One's about Team Gale. The other's Hector and Roark.

You know what I'm probably going to do? I'm probably going to do the first prequel and the first sequel at the same time!

Love the comic, Congratulations on the copyright. Can't wait to see more :smallamused:

-Wrath

Thank you!

Roc Ness
2010-10-04, 06:27 PM
The other's Hector and Roark.

Oo! The guys with twelve axes! :smallbiggrin:

Darklord Xavez
2010-10-04, 07:37 PM
Huzzah for the copyright, Coffee! Or, should I say, Caroline?
-Xavez

Tulio d Bard
2010-10-04, 09:59 PM

Wee!

You know what I'm probably going to do? I'm probably going to do the first prequel and the first sequel at the same time!

Wee!²

Lix Lorn
2010-10-05, 03:22 AM
(looses fireworks)
HOORAY!

Asta Kask
2010-10-05, 06:07 AM
(looses fireworks)
HOORAY!

(finds fireworks)
(gives to Lix)
Now don't loose them again!

Raz_Fox
2010-10-05, 08:08 AM
So I come back after about a week's hiatus, see that you've only uploaded one comic in that time, and I'm all like, "What a slacker Coffee even if she probably is inundated with stuff getting ready for college and...

WAIT WHAT SHE COPYRIGHTED IT?? OH MY GOSH AWESOME!"

So, yeah, belated congratulations on that.

mucat
2010-10-05, 08:23 AM
So I come back after about a week's hiatus, see that you've only uploaded one comic in that time

Raz, you might want to sit down for a sec.

Remember during last academic year, when Coffee's update schedule was "every Friday"?

So with classes started again...

I know. The Horror! :smalleek:

Just kidding, Raz; I know you were joking. And Coffee, thanks for the phenomenal effort and rapid update schedule all summer, even if we do all go into withdrawal now! :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2010-10-05, 11:47 AM

Groovy. Very groovy

Just don't overwork yourself just for our sakes.

We don't want our favourite fancomic writer to get all stressed and suchwhat.

Allan Surgite
2010-10-05, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure how you'd do that. Alternating between them? Do them in "Chapters"? So Chapter 1 Prequel, Chapter 1 Sequel, Chapter 2 Prequel... could do some damage to the pacing, unless you arrange the stories to climax at different times?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-05, 02:06 PM
So I come back after about a week's hiatus, see that you've only uploaded one comic in that time, and I'm all like, "What a slacker Coffee even if she probably is inundated with stuff getting ready for college and...

WAIT WHAT SHE COPYRIGHTED IT?? OH MY GOSH AWESOME!"

So, yeah, belated congratulations on that.

Thanks.

Raz, you might want to sit down for a sec.

Remember during last academic year, when Coffee's update schedule was "every Friday"?

So with classes started again...

I know. The Horror! :smalleek:

Just kidding, Raz; I know you were joking. And Coffee, thanks for the phenomenal effort and rapid update schedule all summer, even if we do all go into withdrawal now! :smallsmile:

And yeah, what Mucat said. Although I have Monday off, so if I manage to get everything done...:smallbiggrin:

Groovy. Very groovy

Just don't overwork yourself just for our sakes.

We don't want our favourite fancomic writer to get all stressed and suchwhat.

Please, I'm already about to give myself an ulcer, an aneurysm, and a heart attack at the same time, that's how nervous I am.

I'm not sure how you'd do that. Alternating between them? Do them in "Chapters"? So Chapter 1 Prequel, Chapter 1 Sequel, Chapter 2 Prequel... could do some damage to the pacing, unless you arrange the stories to climax at different times?

The sequel and prequel are two different stories, with different characters. And I'm probably going to use two different threads.

Allan Surgite
2010-10-05, 02:25 PM
I'd figured that they would involve different characters, since you said as much already. I meant, like, ooh. It could get a bit awkward to have your two works going through the end-of-story fight scene at the same time.

Don't know how to put this eloquently. Hmm.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-05, 02:50 PM
Please, I'm already about to give myself an ulcer, an aneurysm, and a heart attack at the same time, that's how nervous I am.

You need to seriously chillax, Coffee :smalleek:

Try slowing down on the updates, do something else once in a while :smallsmile:

If you get a heart attack we'll... Well, don't and you won't have to find out how sad and worried we'd be :smallfrown:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-05, 02:58 PM
I'd figured that they would involve different characters, since you said as much already. I meant, like, ooh. It could get a bit awkward to have your two works going through the end-of-story fight scene at the same time.

Don't know how to put this eloquently. Hmm.

I know, but it's that or have one of the stories swimming around in my head screaming at me for years. Five stories at once in my head, I've been working on one for almost a year, and I haven't even gotten 20% of the way through...:smalleek:

You need to seriously chillax, Coffee :smalleek:

Try slowing down on the updates, do something else once in a while :smallsmile:

If you get a heart attack we'll... Well, don't and you won't have to find out how sad and worried we'd be :smallfrown:

I'm nervous because I'm applying to Cornell and it's a 50/50 shot at best and the rest of my top 5 is MIT, Brown, Columbia, and Johns Hopkins, and most of the rest of my list (Of 10 colleges) consists of equally selective colleges and I REALLY don't want to go to a state school.

Now do you see why I'm freaking out?

Mystic Muse
2010-10-05, 03:07 PM

Yes, but you're only seventeen. We don't want you to have a heart attack, an aneurysm and an ulcer all at the same time at this age!

We don't want you to have them at all, but at 17 it'd be particularly disturbing.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-05, 03:13 PM
I'm nervous because I'm applying to Cornell and it's a 50/50 shot at best and the rest of my top 5 is MIT, Brown, Columbia, and Johns Hopkins, and most of the rest of my list (Of 10 colleges) consists of equally selective colleges and I REALLY don't want to go to a state school.

Maybe.

But just to cheer you up I'll tell you why I don't entirely see it:

I have no chance at anything but a local college that offer less opportunities than New York's state colleges probably do and my future looks pretty neat.

So you shouldn't be so nervous, you got so many opportunities at colleges I have never even heard of :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-05, 03:15 PM
Thanks. But I want to be a veterinarian. Vet school is harder to get into than med school because there's so few vet schools. Also, I love to be challenged in work and class. In any case, there will still be an update on Friday, and maybe Monday (Don't know yet.)

mucat
2010-10-05, 03:22 PM
I know, but it's that or have one of the stories swimming around in my head screaming at me for years. Five stories at once in my head, I've been working on one for almost a year, and I haven't even gotten 20% of the way through...:smalleek:

No need to freak out, Cof.

First, you are an interesting and accomplished applicant, with an eclectic bunch of achievements, and I think more than one of the schools you listed will want you aboard.

And second, if they don't, it's not life-shattering. Don't go to a school that doesn't interest you. If you're not absolutely thrilled bout starting at a university, then don't. Get a job, get a year's work experience, and apply again, telling them how you've grown since the last time. It's not like the "fallback plan" of a state school will evaporate if you spend a little time doing something else.

And as a college teacher myself, I cannot say this strongly enough: people with career and life experience are better students, and get a lot more out of their time at a university. It's not even a close comparison; there is a huge difference.

I'm not discouraging you from going to Cornell or MIT next year if the opportunity's there. They're great schools, you'll do brilliantly at them, and you'll have a lot of fun. But if you don't see the perfect opportunity opening up right away, don't settle for someplace you only kind of want to study. Live your life, learn and grow, and start at a university when you're sure it's the perfect thing for you to do next. You will not regret it.

If you accept that this is a perfectly good outcome, not a horrible disaster, then you won't spend the next couple months stressed-out over what your favorite schools will decide. (And I would still bet that the choice will be that they would love to have you as their student.) :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2010-10-05, 03:23 PM
Thanks. But I want to be a veterinarian. Vet school is harder to get into than med school because there's so few vet schools. Also, I love to be challenged in work and class. In any case, there will still be an update on Friday, and maybe Monday (Don't know yet.)

Don't worry, you'll make it.

You are brilliant and with that attitude toward work and school you will be a veterinarian some day :smallsmile:

EDIT:

Ninjaed, listen to the teacher, he's right :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-05, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Mucat. Unfortunately, a gap year really isn't an option for me. The schools I'm applying to as safeties are okay. And if I hate it, I can always transfer. Also, I'm a naturally high-strung person. :smalltongue:

But thank you. And man, a college professor? That's kinda funny, actually. :smallbiggrin:

Hm...I may have a gift for all of you, if I can get a decent picture with my broken camera...

mucat
2010-10-05, 03:44 PM
Thanks, Mucat. Unfortunately, a gap year really isn't an option for me.
If that's your choice, no problem. Just know that it wouldb't be a bad thing at all...so if you decide it's not the right choice for you, that means you've found an even better alternative.

I mean, if there is still a vet school in existence that would say "there is a gap in your academic history. Can you explain this black mark?" rather than "Ah, cool! You've got field experience! What did you do?", then that would be a school you would want to flee from anyway

But thank you. And man, a college professor? That's kinda funny, actually. :smallbiggrin:
You're welcome. And hey, it's just a job. (It's a job I love, but still just a job.) And we like webcomics too.

(Try to find a science professor who doesn't have xkcd on their walls!)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-05, 03:50 PM
If that's your choice, no problem. Just know that it wouldb't be a bad thing at all...so if you decide it's not the right choice for you, that means you've found an even better alternative.

I mean, if there is still a vet school in existence that would say "there is a gap in your academic history. Can you explain this black mark?" rather than "Ah, cool! You've got field experience! What did you do?", then that would be a school you would want to flee from anyway

You're welcome. And hey, it's just a job. (It's a job I love, but still just a job.) And we like webcomics too.

Thanks Mucat. And I guess I'll find out soon. :smalltongue:

(So what are you a professor in, if it's okay to ask?)

Okay, back on topic...We're pretty much done with this arc. Next stop, Trasix! :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2010-10-05, 04:00 PM
I only vaguely saw something refering to Coffee's friday only schedule because of school and thought I'd like to add, I'm starting my mid terms in college already and I'm finding less time myself to get on these forums, so have patience people.:smallwink:

Ted The Bug
2010-10-05, 04:40 PM
I've seen this in your sig and never clicked until now...
wow! These are genuinely funny! Keep em up!
/generic comments

Marnath
2010-10-05, 06:55 PM
Thanks, Mucat. Unfortunately, a gap year really isn't an option for me. The schools I'm applying to as safeties are okay. And if I hate it, I can always transfer. Also, I'm a naturally high-strung person. :smalltongue:

Hm...I may have a gift for all of you, if I can get a decent picture with my broken camera...

The underlined describes every vet I've ever known, even the one that does cows and stuff. So you'll fit right in. ^.^
I imagine your time at the shelter will help their decision too.

O.o Gift!! I Don't know how you'd take pictures with a broken camera though. :smallconfused:

Roc Ness
2010-10-05, 07:40 PM
On Topic:
Where is Trasix? Weren't Team Gale goin' to Laria? :smallconfused:

Off-Topic

So it isn't just my teachers then...

The underlined describes every vet I've ever known, even the one that does cows and stuff. So you'll fit right in. ^.^
I imagine your time at the shelter will help their decision too.

Hey Coffee, if you're going to do farm animals, I could maybe help slightly with my meagre knowledge! :smallbiggrin:
(Surprise Test Question!: What is Coccidiosis? >.>)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-05, 07:59 PM
On Topic:
Where is Trasix? Weren't Team Gale goin' to Laria? :smallconfused:

Trasix is the capital city of Laria. And thank you, Ted the Bug!

Roc Ness
2010-10-05, 10:54 PM
Oh, right. :smallredface:

Silverraptor
2010-10-06, 12:13 AM
By the way Coffee, you going to work on a new banner yet?:smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-06, 05:45 AM
By the way Coffee, you going to work on a new banner yet?:smallsmile:

Yeah, but not this week.

Asta Kask
2010-10-06, 02:04 PM
It's a little early, but I would really appreciate someone dressing up as one of characters for Halloween. It's not a tradition in Sweden, so I won't be, but... I want pictures, dammit!

Lix, I think you'd make a smashing Janine. Coffee, you should probably go as Serrin. Any other suggestions?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-06, 02:11 PM
I haven't got the complexion, hair colour, build... DXD
Or camera.

Asta Kask
2010-10-06, 02:14 PM
But you have the attitude, and that's what's really important, isn't it?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-06, 02:16 PM
Haha, true. XD

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-06, 08:27 PM
It's a little early, but I would really appreciate someone dressing up as one of characters for Halloween. It's not a tradition in Sweden, so I won't be, but... I want pictures, dammit!

Lix, I think you'd make a smashing Janine. Coffee, you should probably go as Serrin. Any other suggestions?

Eh, nobody would get it. Besides, my hair is wavy-curly and similar in color Lloyd's hair, but duller. :smallfrown: And I flat-out refuse to wear skirts or dresses (Robes count too). Besides besides, at school the seniors get to dress up and I might be doing a theme thing with my friends.

Fun Fact: Whenever I'm working on the sequel to Murphy's Law, the sailing themes from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass play in my head nonstop.

HalfTangible
2010-10-06, 08:47 PM
Eh, nobody would get it. Besides, my hair is wavy-curly and similar in color Lloyd's hair, but duller. :smallfrown: And I flat-out refuse to wear skirts or dresses (Robes count too). Besides besides, at school the seniors get to dress up and I might be doing a theme thing with my friends.

Fun Fact: Whenever I'm working on the sequel to Murphy's Law, the sailing themes from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass play in my head nonstop.

Really? Cuz wherever i've gone today (except for homework :smallyuk: ) I keep hearing 'put you in a song' by Keith Urban.

Or that 'Todo Zenkai' thing at the end of the TFS episode =/

MoleMage
2010-10-07, 02:56 AM

Fun Fact: I think it's awesome that those songs are even in your head to begin with. Wind Waker was underrated, though still no match for Majora's Mask. Sometimes the remixed overworld theme from Termina plays in my head.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-07, 05:45 AM
Fun Fact: I think it's awesome that those songs are even in your head to begin with. Wind Waker was underrated, though still no match for Majora's Mask. Sometimes the remixed overworld theme from Termina plays in my head.

Oh GOD yeah. I think that Majora's Mask was the best Zelda game ever (It's also where I first learned that it's impossible for me to deliberately be a jerk.) Wind Waker and OOT tie for my #2 spot. The art style for Wind Waker was just PERFECT, I don't care what anyone says.

But what I'm saying is, considering what I've mentioned about the sequel (And why would the sailing themes from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass be stuck on infinite loop whenever I plot out the sequel, and everything else I've mentioned), even though I'm not even 1/4 done with Murphy's Law...

Roc Ness
2010-10-07, 06:53 AM
Any other suggestions?

I could probably make a pretty good Matt, if somebody gave me a costume and some blue hair-spray. I can even do the "my life can't get any worse" expression pretty well too. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-10-07, 10:46 AM

Why not? Skirts look fun!

But that's coming form a hyperactive cloudcuckoolander so...

Anyway, wish I had played Wind Waker, the only Zelda game I have ever played is Phantom Hourglass :smallfrown:

Shoulda been born a decade earlier. Would have been an expert on American pop culture by now :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 10:56 AM
I like skirts/dresses...

HalfTangible
2010-10-07, 11:35 AM
I like skirts/dresses...

me too =3

By which i mean looking. Not wearing.

Volthawk
2010-10-07, 01:01 PM
By which i mean looking. Not wearing.

Sure you do :smalltongue:.

HalfTangible
2010-10-07, 03:56 PM
Sure you do :smalltongue:.

Yes. yes i do.

... wait a minute, no i don't >.> i like jeans. Girls OR guys >.> Skirts are always too short.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-07, 04:06 PM
Why not? Skirts look fun!

But that's coming form a hyperactive cloudcuckoolander so...

Anyway, wish I had played Wind Waker, the only Zelda game I have ever played is Phantom Hourglass :smallfrown:

Shoulda been born a decade earlier. Would have been an expert on American pop culture by now :smalltongue:

It's harder for me to move around in a dress and the way I like to sit (Kneeling or perched on my feet)...Yeah, pants are better.

Also, go out and get the games and PLAY THEM. MY GOD.

In other news, update tomorrow! And the plot for the sequel gets more convoluted and Xanatos Gambitty...:smalleek:

blackjack217
2010-10-07, 04:18 PM
It's harder for me to move around in a dress and the way I like to sit (Kneeling or perched on my feet)...Yeah, pants are better.

In other news, update tomorrow! And the plot for the sequel gets more convoluted and Xanatos Gambitty...:smalleek:

Is there speed chess?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 04:20 PM
And pile ups?! 8D

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-07, 04:22 PM
Is there speed chess?

Half the cast graduated Summa Cun Laude from the Light Yagami School of Strategy, earned their PhD from the L Lawliet Tactical Institute, and Havelock Vetinari taught all the classes. Speed Chess was a requirement on the entry exam.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 04:24 PM
...shouldn't one of the Death Note references be to something different? Batman, or Dr Doom perhaps?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-07, 04:27 PM
...shouldn't one of the Death Note references be to something different? Batman, or Dr Doom perhaps?

What I'm saying is that every time I think of the sequel (Which is several times a day), one of three things happens:
1. One of the Planners puts another cog in the machine.
2. One of the Spanners smashes a cog.
3. Both.

HypoSoc
2010-10-07, 04:28 PM
Havelock Vetinari taught all the classes.
:0
Happy Fanboy Glee

Lord Raziere
2010-10-07, 05:46 PM
Half the cast graduated Summa Cun Laude from the Light Yagami School of Strategy, earned their PhD from the L Lawliet Tactical Institute, and Havelock Vetinari taught all the classes. Speed Chess was a requirement on the entry exam.

oh really then?

alright, prove it: what long, complicated scheme would one of the characters execute if they were a peasant boy and wanted to be king, without magic?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-07, 05:49 PM
oh really then?

heres a test: what long, complicated scheme would one of the characters execute if they were a peasant boy and wanted to be king, without magic?

I can't tell you that! It would give away too much of the character. Besides, one of them wants something even crazier (Just take my word for it).

And come on, can't I exaggerate a bit for entertainment purposes? :smallannoyed:

*Sighs* I better return to Murphy's Law. Can't afford to neglect that!

Lord Raziere
2010-10-07, 06:32 PM
I can't tell you that! It would give away too much of the character. Besides, one of them wants something even crazier (Just take my word for it).

And come on, can't I exaggerate a bit for entertainment purposes? :smallannoyed:

*Sighs* I better return to Murphy's Law. Can't afford to neglect that!

Sorry, I'm just a natural skeptic, when someone boasts about something my first reaction is to say "prove it." :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-10-08, 02:28 AM
I absolutely loved the death note references you were making coffee.:smallbiggrin: Can I safely guess that you're an anime fan as well?:smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-08, 05:51 AM
Actually, not really. I have a friend who's really into manga and anime though, and she basically forced me to read them. :smalltongue:

Update...Really late tonight. Ugh, so tempted to do a summerlike update spree, but I can't. :smallfrown:

Mystic Muse
2010-10-08, 11:17 AM
Actually, not really. I have a friend who's really into manga and anime though, and she basically forced me to read them. :smalltongue:

Update...Really late tonight. Ugh, so tempted to do a summerlike update spree, but I can't. :smallfrown:

If you need a break, take one. We can wait for updates.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-08, 11:57 AM

NO! My money! You can't have my precious money! :smalltongue:

And I don't own a Gamecube...

I so did not force you to read them!..

Mainly because I'm not anywhere New York and have never met you :smalltongue:

Geno9999
2010-10-08, 12:12 PM
NO! My money! You can't have my precious money! :smalltongue:

And I don't own a Gamecube...

You can play Windwaker on the Wii. The real issue is getting a Gamecube Memory card >_>

CWater
2010-10-08, 01:13 PM
Hi, this scene popped to my head during the last lesson of the day, and so, while we eagerly wait for the today's update, I pester you with a yet another picture.:smalltongue: But instead of a mere colouring, it's actually a new one this time!

Why was it at the top of the list again...? (http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/FanArt/Topofthelist.jpg)

Hmm...there should be something on the background...looks a little empty...

Mina Kobold
2010-10-08, 03:28 PM
You can play Windwaker on the Wii. The real issue is getting a Gamecube Memory card >_>

Don't have that either.

All Nintendo I have is the DS.

What? I grew up on Playstation and Computer games from the late nineties and the early zeros, sue me >_<

Asta Kask
2010-10-08, 04:08 PM
Do you need a TV? Cause I don't have one, or one of those fancy playstation thingies either. Back in my days we had to use Vic-20s.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-08, 04:42 PM
Do you need a TV? Cause I don't have one, or one of those fancy playstation thingies either. Back in my days we had to use Vic-20s.

Nope, which is why it baffles me that we have seven of them (Even the Playstation have a screen that makes them unnecessary)

Bu-Wait! Commodore Vic-20? As in the computers that are 14 years older than me Vic 20s?!

*Twitch*

'Lectric parrot, you're old! :smalleek:

Many apologies for that line, I am very sorry for any inconveniences.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-08, 06:04 PM
Hi, this scene popped to my head during the last lesson of the day, and so, while we eagerly wait for the today's update, I pester you with a yet another picture.:smalltongue: But instead of a mere colouring, it's actually a new one this time!

Why was it at the top of the list again...? (http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/FanArt/Topofthelist.jpg)

Hmm...there should be something on the background...looks a little empty...

Awesome, CWater! Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Don't have that either.

All Nintendo I have is the DS.

What? I grew up on Playstation and Computer games from the late nineties and the early zeros, sue me >_<

GET THE WII, GET TWILIGHT PRINCESS, WIND WAKER AND THE ZELDA COLLECTOR'S EDITION IF YOU CAN FIND IT (I DID AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY), AND THEN GET SPIRIT TRACKS FOR THE DS!!!

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 06:05 PM
I borrowed Twilight Princess once... couldn't catch a fish. XD
Also, Coffee? You're derailing your thread with Zelda. Bad. (Shot) XD

Mystic Muse
2010-10-08, 06:07 PM
GET THE WII, GET TWILIGHT PRINCESS, WIND WAKER AND THE ZELDA COLLECTOR'S EDITION IF YOU CAN FIND IT (I DID AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY), AND THEN GET SPIRIT TRACKS FOR THE DS!!!

That's kind of a lot of money. He might not be able to afford it.

Slightly more on topic, If you're stressed out coffee, you should take a break. We can handle wait times and we'd rather have to wait a month for a new comic than you have a nervous breakdown.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-08, 08:54 PM
Take a break?! NEVER!

#88: The Montage Mobile
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/TheMontageMobile.png

Mystic Muse
2010-10-08, 09:11 PM
Take a break?! NEVER!

Just don't have a nervous breakdown, go insane, or anything else bad on account of us. Your health is way more important.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-08, 09:16 PM
Just don't have a nervous breakdown, go insane, or anything else bad on account of us. Your health is way more important.

Please. When I finally snap, it won't be your fault. It'll probably be my parents constantly making me feel like ****. What do you think of the comic?

Roc Ness
2010-10-08, 09:28 PM
Whee! Montage Comic! :smallbiggrin:

... One day, Janine is going to put a few of those pieces together and use them against Lloyd, isn't she?

Mystic Muse
2010-10-08, 09:28 PM
Please. When I finally snap, it won't be your fault. It'll probably be my parents constantly making me feel like ****. What do you think of the comic?

I like Tinder saying "I can explain" and I'm extremely curious as to what Laria looks like.

I also want to know How Kore is still a Paladin and if my theory about him/her is correct but that's not on topic or about this comic.:smalltongue:

mucat
2010-10-08, 09:30 PM
Excellent comic as always, Coffee, and a neat-looking big grey cat thing. Is he (she?) Terrence's new animal companion? (If so, I'm a little sad that Fenrir won't be coming back...) I'm curious what Fir will think of the big cat; Remus seemed a little jealous of Fenrir.

(And the look they both give Tinder when they find him swimming around in the treasure bag is great.)

(So what are you a professor in, if it's okay to ask?)
Not actually a professor, just a lecturer. (I do a lot more teaching than research; a professor is the other way around!). But I teach physics and math.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-08, 09:35 PM
Excellent comic as always, Coffee, and a neat-looking big grey cat thing. Is he (she?) Terrence's new animal companion? (If so, I'm a little sad that Fenrir won't be coming back...) I'm curious what Fir will think of the big cat; Remus seemed a little jealous of Fenrir.

(And the look they both give Tinder when they find him swimming around in the treasure bag is great.)

Not actually a professor, just a lecturer. (I do a lot more teaching than research; a professor is the other way around!). But I teach physics and math.

That's Fenrir. He got reincarnated as a Dire Tiger. And thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Ooh. I'm gonna need your help in a couple of years. :smalltongue:

Draconi Redfir
2010-10-08, 09:42 PM
hehe. istent popcorn XD

Marnath
2010-10-08, 10:00 PM
I lol'ed. :smallsmile:

".... I can explain." Heh, I bet thats akward to explain, especially since he can't just tell them he's a dragon. He's burrowed right down in there pretty good, isn't he?

mucat
2010-10-08, 10:04 PM
That's Fenrir. He got reincarnated as a Dire Tiger.

Fenrir gets to be a dire tiger? That is awesome and I am no longer sad. Also, I should have figured out that they reincarnated him; Terrence and Radic talked about it three strips ago...

HalfTangible
2010-10-09, 12:20 AM
That's not at all how popcorn works. :smalltongue:

Also: shippers rejoice at the poorly put on clothing and messy hair of halflings and dwarves.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-09, 02:50 AM

That's worrying, do you mean the standard personality and opinion clash between teenagers and their parents or do they really threat you like you're worthless?

Uhm, anyway, comic!

I like Fenrir's new look, very exotic :smallsmile:

Lloyd's prayer is nicely done and makes us want to know more :smallsmile:

I too wonder why Terrence and the dwarf (sorry, bad at names) have messy hair and clothes :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-10-09, 03:23 AM
That's worrying, do you mean the standard personality and opinion clash between teenagers and their parents or do they really threat you like you're worthless?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167091

Here's your answer.:smallfrown:

Mina Kobold
2010-10-09, 03:38 AM

Woah, now I'm worried :smalleek:

CWater
2010-10-09, 04:37 AM

...:eek:

The comic was good, love Tinder in the money bag:smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-09, 07:16 AM

Woah, now I'm worried :smalleek:

...:eek:

The comic was good, love Tinder in the money bag:smallsmile:

Thanks, guys. :smallsmile:

That's not at all how popcorn works. :smalltongue:

Also: shippers rejoice at the poorly put on clothing and messy hair of halflings and dwarves.

Uhm, anyway, comic!

I like Fenrir's new look, very exotic :smallsmile:

Lloyd's prayer is nicely done and makes us want to know more :smallsmile:

I too wonder why Terrence and the dwarf (sorry, bad at names) have messy hair and clothes :smalltongue:

Yay, you noticed! :smalltongue: There's a lot of little details here. And her name's Gianna.

Symmys
2010-10-09, 09:51 AM
"...I can explain." That's definitely my favorite part. :smallbiggrin:

Also interested in the tease about Lloyd's past... I'm thinking he was an evil warlord or a general in an evil army or something. But now I wonder who would have given him a second chance, under those circumstances? :smallconfused: Hmmm.

Marnath
2010-10-09, 11:09 AM

O.o

I hadn't noticed that. Great attention to details. ^.^

mucat
2010-10-09, 11:23 AM
Also interested in the tease about Lloyd's past... I'm thinking he was an evil warlord or a general in an evil army or something. But now I wonder who would have given him a second chance, under those circumstances? :smallconfused: Hmmm.

I'm guessing he wasn't. Lloyd's desire to do good seems utterly instinctive and comfortable to him; I can't imagine he was ever knowingly evil. Clearly he did something evil, but I would bet strongly that he thought he was doing the right thing, and it turned out horribly.

On the other hand, his outspoken tolerance for Plavaans does feel like a recent "conversion"; he's prickly and uncomfortable about it, as if he has to constantly remind himself, as well as everyone else, of the need for tolerance.

So my guess is that he has always considered himself to be good, but used to think, like Janine and Ethan, that Plavaans were uniformly evil. And Something Bad ensued.

EDIT:
Also, nice Spot Check for those who noticed Gianna's and Terrence's disheveled hair and clothes. I missed that detail entirely. She really is glad he came back. :smallsmile:

MoleMage
2010-10-09, 11:48 AM
Cof, you're waking my protective streak again. I can't stand people who treat their friends or family badly for any reason. I can't do much over the internet, but you've got my support for what its worth.

On (comic) topic: I enjoy Tinder's head poking out of the little bag too. It's just so...appropriate. And I didn't notice the disshevelment the first time but once it was pointed out it's definitely a good touch.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-09, 01:06 PM
O.o

I hadn't noticed that. Great attention to details. ^.^

Cof, you're waking my protective streak again. I can't stand people who treat their friends or family badly for any reason. I can't do much over the internet, but you've got my support for what its worth.

On (comic) topic: I enjoy Tinder's head poking out of the little bag too. It's just so...appropriate. And I didn't notice the disshevelment the first time but once it was pointed out it's definitely a good touch.

EDIT:
Also, nice Spot Check for those who noticed Gianna's and Terrence's disheveled hair and clothes. I missed that detail entirely. She really is glad he came back. :smallsmile:

Thanks guys! And yep, she's really glad. :smallwink:

Lycan 01
2010-10-09, 01:53 PM
Wow, I didn't even notice the messy hair and clothes. I was too distracted by Tinder being caught in the act, himself. :smallbiggrin:

HalfTangible
2010-10-09, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys! And yep, she's really glad. :smallwink:

I don't think anyone would hug somebody until long after they started screaming for help if you weren't glad they were there. Or trying to break their spine I guess :p

RdMarquis
2010-10-09, 08:05 PM
Hmm. Is there some reason that Lloyd has is halberd pointed at him while he prays? I'm still a little disappointed that they didn't forget to remove Tinder from the bag of gold. :smallbiggrin: Either way, Terrance finding him in there was very funny.

Also, I would definitely buy wizard-made popcorn.

Starbuck_II
2010-10-10, 02:59 PM
Definitely a good reason.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-10, 06:08 PM
Hmm. Is there some reason that Lloyd has is halberd pointed at him while he prays? I'm still a little disappointed that they didn't forget to remove Tinder from the bag of gold. :smallbiggrin: Either way, Terrance finding him in there was very funny.

Also, I would definitely buy wizard-made popcorn.

Definitely a good reason.

Thank, guys.

And today I just had a new character for Murphy's Law pop out of nowhere. His presence actually makes a few things flow better, even if he is a minor character. You'll see him in about...Well, soon. I'll tell you when you meet him. :smallbiggrin:

Squiggly-Thing
2010-10-10, 07:49 PM
:smallbiggrin:I LOVE THIS COMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-10, 08:20 PM
Thank you, Squiggly! :smallbiggrin:

And to make you even more excited for the sequel, I went over the basic plot and the 30 Xanatos Pileup with a friend yesterday, who likes doing this sort of thing himself, and he was in awe.

Strife Warzeal
2010-10-10, 09:41 PM
I just discovered your comic (after lurking around the fanfiction/crack pairings long enough) ,and I must say I really do enjoy it. I hope your artistic skills continue to improve and you continue to update this. And now back to the previously scheduled lurking...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-11, 06:40 AM
Thank you Strife! :smallbiggrin:

I'm going to try to update today, but I don't think I can...:smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-11, 06:41 AM
Well, good luck! :)

Roc Ness
2010-10-11, 06:48 AM
Don't push yerself, Coffee. :smallsmile:

Darklord Xavez
2010-10-11, 04:31 PM
I'm going to try to update today, but I don't think I can...:smallfrown:

Then don't. You don't need any more stress right now.
-Xavez

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-11, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I can't update today. Sorry. :smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-11, 04:33 PM
We can wait! :smallsmile:

HalfTangible
2010-10-11, 04:33 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Problem at all coffee. You take it easy if you need to =)

Did i give any of you guys a heart attack?

mucat
2010-10-11, 04:37 PM
No need to apologize, Coffee. You focus on what you need to get done, and we'll entertain ourselves via random off-topic babbling a disciplined program of meditation and personal growth.

(Whenever you do finish the comic, though, we're looking forward to it!)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-11, 04:42 PM
No need to apologize, Coffee. You focus on what you need to get done, and we'll entertain ourselves via random off-topic babbling a disciplined program of meditation and personal growth.

(Whenever you do finish the comic, though, we're looking forward to it!)

That would be a mixture of college apps and tests that I need to get out in 2 days. :eek:

Silverraptor
2010-10-11, 06:00 PM
I would've been suprised to see and update today coffee. I'm use to your "fridays only" schedule,

MoleMage
2010-10-11, 07:03 PM
Don't forget to take some time for yourself, too, Cof. We're just a bunch of random strangers on the internet (and maybe a few friends). We're not worth your sanity.

Darklord Xavez
2010-10-12, 06:41 AM
Don't forget to take some time for yourself, too, Cof. We're just a bunch of random strangers on the internet (and maybe a few friends). We're not worth your sanity.

Or insanity. It comes with the intelligence, after all.
-Xavez

MoleMage
2010-10-12, 12:15 PM
-Xavez

A fair point Xavez; a fair point indeed.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-12, 07:02 PM
-Xavez

Unfortunately. :smalltongue:

So, update Friday. God, I'm so eager for what's coming next...

Strife Warzeal
2010-10-12, 08:02 PM
I have a question: Is the part goblin friend Serrin mentions in strip 42 (and presumably drinking with in 45) Tiasal?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-12, 08:15 PM
I have a question: Is the part goblin friend Serrin mentions in strip 42 (and presumably drinking with in 45) Tiasal?

Yeah, it's her. :smalltongue:

Roc Ness
2010-10-13, 01:10 AM
So, update Friday. God, I'm so eager for what's coming next...

I suppose all the cast wouldn't, then? :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-13, 03:33 AM
Unfortunately. :smalltongue:
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. 8D

HalfTangible
2010-10-13, 07:09 AM
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. 8D

Where have i heard that before...

Mina Kobold
2010-10-13, 07:34 AM
Where have i heard that before...

From me?

Though, I'm usually all faux-philosophical about it

Like so:

Who is really the crazy one? The one who goes through life seeing only dull reality or the one who sees wonder wherever he or she looks?

The answer is obvious: Fir's the crazy one :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-13, 04:06 PM
And I have just inadvertently added yet ANOTHER layer to the Xanatos pileup in the sequel *Headdesk*

HalfTangible
2010-10-13, 04:12 PM
And I have just inadvertently added yet ANOTHER layer to the Xanatos pileup in the sequel *Headdesk*

I'm writing a book too, and trust me, it happens, don't worry about it. As long as they're all resolved in some way it shouldn't hurt.

Geno9999
2010-10-13, 04:13 PM
... Just as planned. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt4329_W_s0&)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-13, 04:47 PM
... Just as planned. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt4329_W_s0&)

Oh yeah, and to top it all off, I've got a couple of characters who are essentially defiance personified. "Loose cannon" doesn't even begin to describe them. They'll take the chessboard and smash into it and set the pieces on fire and leave the carefully constructed plans a smoking ruin and they'll do it with a smile and a "**** you."

This sequel is gonna be nuts.

EDIT: So, who wants to see Demetri's worst memory?

CWater
2010-10-14, 01:09 AM
EDIT: So, who wants to see Demetri's worst memory?

You would actually tell us?:smalltongue:

HypoSoc
2010-10-14, 04:59 AM
How many of your characters could beat Izaya (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Durarara) at Shogi-Chess-Go?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 05:42 AM
How many of your characters could beat Izaya (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Durarara) at Shogi-Chess-Go?

Huh? (Also note that I just woke up.)

You would actually tell us?:smalltongue:

Why not? It's not massive spoilers. It's backstory, and explains why you never never never call him Snow.

This is Demetri Petrov, age 19, the age he'll be in the sequel:
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/DemetriPetrov.png

This is Demetri, age 8, in his pajamas, right before he went to sleep. Yes, he liked to wear white clothes. This is important:
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/YoungDemetri.png

This is Demetri's worst memory, about 10 hours after the last picture.
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/DemetrisWorstMemory.png

Roc Ness
2010-10-14, 05:47 AM
... Does that blond kid get burnt? I hope that blond kid gets burnt. :smallmad:

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 07:28 AM
... Does that blond kid get burnt? I hope that blond kid gets burnt. :smallmad:

Let's shred him >=)

Allan Surgite
2010-10-14, 11:24 AM
Backstory can be important; but not, it seems, in this instance.

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 11:40 AM
Backstory can be important; but not, it seems, in this instance.

He's bullying an eight year old. That's all i need to know.

Wait...

Did Demetri kill the blonde's girlfriend and/or set somebody on fire and/or freeze someone in a giant block of ice?

Mina Kobold
2010-10-14, 12:20 PM

Wait...

Did Demetri kill the blonde's girlfriend and/or set somebody on fire and/or freeze someone in a giant block of ice?

Even if he did it's no excuse to bully an eight year old kid.

Evil does not cancel evil.

But anyway, well done scene, Coffee :smallsmile:

I feel sad for Demetri. He had nice hair and orange-shirt there just cut it off, that's mean.

Marnath
2010-10-14, 12:55 PM
This is Demetri's worst memory, about 10 hours after the last picture.
*snip*

:smalleek:
....:furious:

MARNATH SMASH!! RAAGGHH!!!!
Seriously, I hope that punk got his comeuppance.

Allan Surgite
2010-10-14, 01:00 PM
He's bullying an eight year old.
You can't tell Orange's age; if they're twenty or more, it's pretty sad that they decided to start cutting up an eight-year-old's hair.

If they're sixteen or younger, I wouldn't call it so much "evil" as "par for the course" =/ I've heard of similar things happening in my street, so it might not be that big of a deal for me. *shrugs*

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 01:07 PM
Even if he did it's no excuse to bully an eight year old kid.

Evil does not cancel evil.

No but i'm not gonna hate him for it =/ Like if somebody took a club to belkar and set his guts on fire.

Mina Kobold
2010-10-14, 02:32 PM
No but i'm not gonna hate him for it =/ Like if somebody took a club to belkar and set his guts on fire.

So... If someone like Black Mage decided that this hafling looks funny and kills him it's nothing to get mad about if that hafling turns out to be Belkar?

I am so tempted to make a character who overdo that logic :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-10-14, 02:54 PM
That guy is a dhsiubfvoasbofshda*

*couldn't think of an appropriate word.

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 03:09 PM
So... If someone like Black Mage decided that this hafling looks funny and kills him it's nothing to get mad about if that hafling turns out to be Belkar?

I am so tempted to make a character who overdo that logic :smalltongue:

You and i both know Belkar would win whether or not he knew Black Mage was shooting at him. And somehow Onrac would get destroyed again.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-14, 05:48 PM
heh, oh that blond punk would know such great nightmares from my care.

I would love to make him afraid of breathing. and the ground. :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 06:33 PM

Wait...

No, Demetri's only starting to awaken his sorcerer abilities. The most he can do is change the color of his blanket, or turn a tiny bit of rain into hail/ice/snow.

Blondie's bullying Demetri because he's a jerk and Demetri's an easy target. He's physically weak, and all the other kids in the orphanage see him as, "That creepy albino (Or part-Drow; quite a few people assume he's part Drow because he's sensitive to sunlight and has white hair, which is part of the reason he was abandoned) kid who dresses like a ghost and might be a sorcerer and doesn't like to talk to people and plays with his toy boat and the rats all day long in the corner instead."

They don't seem to realize that Demetri doesn't talk to them because they're mean to him...

You can't tell Orange's age; if they're twenty or more, it's pretty sad that they decided to start cutting up an eight-year-old's hair.

If they're sixteen or younger, I wouldn't call it so much "evil" as "par for the course" =/ I've heard of similar things happening in my street, so it might not be that big of a deal for me. *shrugs*

Blondie's about...I'd say 11? 12?

heh, oh that blond punk would know such great nightmares from my care.

I would love to make him afraid of breathing. and the ground. :smallamused:

Yeah, he's a real jerk. But things get better for Demetri, I promise. :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 06:37 PM
You know coffee, for a moment I forgot that that comic was taking place in Murphy's Law universe.... now all make sense again

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 06:40 PM
You know coffee, for a moment I forgot that that comic was taking place in Murphy's Law universe.... now all make sense again

Oh, this takes place in the Runite Home For Foundling Children...About right now in Murphy's Law time, actually.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 06:42 PM
Wait wasn't dimitri the primary character of Murphy's Law Sequel?:smallconfused:

Rigth now I am confused.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 06:57 PM
Wait wasn't dimitri the primary character of Murphy's Law Sequel?:smallconfused:

Rigth now I am confused.

Yes. Demetri is one of the main characters in the sequel. However, I won't be able to put a complete backstory in the sequel itself, so you get this!

And don't worry, things will get better for him soon. :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 06:59 PM
YAY! now I understand.

and I hope hr gets sweet, sweet vengance!!

Marnath
2010-10-14, 07:03 PM

Rigth now I am confused.

He'll be the character in the sequel as an adult, but the bullying as a child is happening at the same time Team Gale is doing their thing. Which is to say right now.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 07:04 PM
OHH now that makes much more sense:smallsmile:
Thanks

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 07:07 PM
Oh, this takes place in the Runite Home For Foundling Children...About right now in Murphy's Law time, actually.

... I'm not sure whether to be glad that i read that wrong the first time :eek:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 07:08 PM
He'll be the character in the sequel as an adult, but the bullying as a child is happening at the same time Team Gale is doing their thing. Which is to say right now.

Yep, you got it!

... I'm not sure whether to be glad that i read that wrong the first time :eek:

What did you read it is?

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 07:13 PM
What did you read it is?

You don't wanna know. Ignooooore meeeeee!

Marnath
2010-10-14, 07:55 PM
Yep, you got it!

Yay! ^.^

What did you read it is?

I imagine he thought it was fondling, not foundling.

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 08:11 PM
Yay! ^.^

I imagine he thought it was fondling, not foundling.

WHat? NO! :smalleek: i read 'Runite' as 'Runny' ...Ok yes i did but i didn't think it was forum appropriate >.>

Draconi Redfir
2010-10-14, 09:08 PM
thats his hair? i thought blonde somehow cut up the guys pajamas

Zexion
2010-10-14, 09:21 PM
For a few seconds, I thought the same thing. :smalleek:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 09:28 PM

He cut up Demetri's hair AND his pajamas.

Zexion
2010-10-14, 09:29 PM
He cut up Demetri's hair AND his pajamas.
Ohh... you know, that isn't very clear. :smallconfused:

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 09:29 PM

I thought it was snow =/

Sickos :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 09:33 PM
Ohh... you know, that isn't very clear. :smallconfused:

I thought it was snow =/

Sickos :smalltongue:

Well, look at the little picture of Demetri in his pajamas. He's wearing white pajamas and his hair is long, down to a bit below his shoulders.

When he wakes up, he's stripped down to his underwear, his blanket is strewn all over the floor, his pajamas are cut to pieces and also strewn all over the floor, his hair is even more roughly cut, and Blondie's sprinkling it all over him while cruelly taunting Demetri that "It's snowing."

When people wanted to tease and taunt Demetri, they'd call him Snow.

Also, Blondie's name is Zachary.

HalfTangible
2010-10-14, 09:39 PM
Well, look at the little picture of Demetri in his pajamas. He's wearing white pajamas and his hair is long, down to a bit below his shoulders.

When he wakes up, he's stripped down to his underwear, his blanket is strewn all over the floor, his pajamas are cut to pieces and also strewn all over the floor, his hair is even more roughly cut, and Blondie's sprinkling it all over him while cruelly taunting Demetri that "It's snowing."

I meant the first time =/ later it was more obvious.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-14, 10:18 PM

Oh. I knew Zachary wasn't sprinkling glass shards on him. I don't know why I thought that. :smallconfused:

But there are many lighthearted nicknames you could still bestow on Demetri with out saying "Snow"- Pearl, Moon, Star, Skeleton if he is also sufficiently thin, Wolf.

and of course to go for that reference that only fantasy readers would know.....Jon. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-14, 10:31 PM
Oh. I knew Zachary wasn't sprinkling glass shards on him. I don't know why I thought that. :smallconfused:

But there are many lighthearted nicknames you could still bestow on Demetri with out saying "Snow"- Pearl, Moon, Star, Skeleton if he is also sufficiently thin, Wolf.

and of course to go for that reference that only fantasy readers would know.....Jon. :smallbiggrin:

Demetri is really thin. As an adult he has a long lean face with sharply defined cheekbones. He never really had much baby fat as a child either, but what baby fat he did have, well he didn't lose it until relatively late in his teens.

But if his friends use a nickname, it's Demy.

Oh, and update tomorrow! :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-15, 03:19 AM
Horrible boy. >:(
(Cuddles Demy)

Jon... Shannow?
How about Skilgannon? XP

Mina Kobold
2010-10-15, 08:26 AM
I honestly don't see the point of wishing harm upon Zachary-idiot-orange.

He's stupid enough to cause trauma in what he think is a part-drow sorcerer.

That's a 20% risk of horrible disfiguring, insanity or death right there by forcefully awakening the kid's magic and an additional risk of the kid doing it when he is older.

All in all, he'll do a fine job of getting himself killed without our help.

But enough of that, Demy needs a hug *hugs*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-15, 04:26 PM
Alright, update time! Now, remember what I said about the city-state of Runite? Well, you better. :smalltongue:

#89: Golden Eagle Shipping And Trading
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/GoldenEagleShippingAndTrading.png

Also, I realized that Zachary doesn't fit the naming conventions of Runite and the rest of the Kyarian Federation (Russian with a splash of Slavic and Greek). Therefore, Zachary is now Zakhar.