PDA

View Full Version : Tsukiko - Working for IFCC ?

lothos
2010-08-23, 10:05 PM
Hi,
I searched the forums but couldn't find any suggestion of this before. I just had a crazy idea, that at this stage is pure speculation (i.e. unprovable).

It occurred to me that the first time we see Tsukiko is strip 420 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0420.html). That's only a few strips after Sabine alerts the IFCC to the situation with the gates in strip 380 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0380.html).

Now I know that correlation doesn't imply causation (http://xkcd.com/552/). especially not just a temporal correlation with one thing happening after another. But the timing doesn't contradict this idea.

It just occurred to me that the IFCC might well want to plant someone in Team Evil as well as having a "pawn" in the order of the stick (Vaarusvius) and controlling The Linear Guild through Sabine. Tsukiko entered the story at the right time to fit this role.

You could argue that she was in prison well before that for unnatural wizardry. Perhaps she was, perhaps she has worked for the IFCC well before she was convicted ? Perhaps she was only convicted a couple of days earlier ? I really don't know.

So as I said, this is unprovable, even untestable on the current evidence available, but given the surprising twists we have had so far, it wouldn't shock me if she does work for the IFCC.

Any thoughts ?

Marnath
2010-08-23, 10:22 PM
I think you're really reaching here. The strips you linked have no relation to this theory, she was in jail, got set free then betrayed the azurites. She works for Xykon. I don't think she(or Xykon for that matter) know the IFCC even exists.

Gift Jeraff
2010-08-23, 10:24 PM
The :roach:'s are the IFCC's spies in Team Evil, but are secretly working with the Oracle.

Valifor
2010-08-23, 10:31 PM
The :roach:'s are the IFCC's spies in Team Evil, but are secretly working with the Oracle.

who's the REAL high priest of The Dark One.

lothos
2010-08-23, 11:36 PM
I think you're really reaching here. The strips you linked have no relation to this theory, she was in jail, got set free then betrayed the azurites. She works for Xykon. I don't think she(or Xykon for that matter) know the IFCC even exists.

I agree that it's just speculation. The reason for linking to the strips is really because of the timeline of events. If the IFCC had been aware of the gates only after she joined Team Evil, that would mean this theory is impossible.

Of course, them coming in the "correct" order doesn't lend any weight to the idea, it just fails to disprove it. I know there are 1,000,000 other things you could add to such a category, but I just was thinking about her motivations and this idea occurred to me. I wanted to see what other people think.

whitelaughter
2010-08-24, 04:11 AM
Possible, but unlikely for three reasons:
Firstly, Tsukiko was kicking her heels in prison. It strikes me as unlikely that the IFCC would want a valuable resource wasted like that.
Secondly, the IFCCs plans would have been foiled if V had been killed during the attack on Xykon; while there was a very high chance of Tsukiko being killed during the attack. If she was in their employ, even indirectly, I think they would have made sure she wasn't present, to reduce the risk of an undesirable death.
Thirdly, Tsukiko doesn't seem to have known/cared about the soul link. If she was in the IFCC's employ, wouldn't they have offered her the link? She may not be at V's level, but she's still pretty awesome. Also, they don't have access to Divine spells, so having Tsukiko would extra valuable.

factotum
2010-08-24, 06:20 AM
Possible, but unlikely for three reasons:
Firstly, Tsukiko was kicking her heels in prison. It strikes me as unlikely that the IFCC would want a valuable resource wasted like that.

In addition, how would the IFCC know that the prisoners would get a chance to join up with Xykon?

King of Nowhere
2010-08-24, 09:22 AM
Not to mention, Tsukiko likes the undead. She wouldn't betray Xykon

SPoD
2010-08-24, 03:21 PM
If this were true, a lot of the "Darth V" plotline would make no sense. The IFCC gave V all that power partly to make him kick Xykon in the butt and get him moving again. If Tsukiko worked for them, she could have done so much more effectively just by keeping Xykon bored. Instead, she actively served to entertain him (zombie gladiators), thus keeping him MORE likely to stay put. So if she works for the IFCC, she is for some reason taking actions that work against their stated interests.

Also, this is the thinnest least-supported theory I think I've ever seen.

Bongos
2010-08-24, 03:26 PM
If Tsukiko was working for the IFCC, then they would not have needed V to get Xykon off his butt, as she could have found sone way of doing it herself.

Also the IFCC showed Qarr their "pawns" and it was the Linear Guild, or Sabine at least.

I'm convinced Tsukiko is loyal to Team Evil, as much as anyone can be.

Marnath
2010-08-24, 05:29 PM

Eh, that might be taking it a teense too far, but it's probably in the top 5 :smallsmile:

Dr.Epic
2010-08-24, 05:56 PM
Meh, if she was working for them, why would the IFCC want to harm Xykon as seen when V did that in his soul splice or why wouldn't she just strike him if that was the IFCC's desire?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-08-24, 06:43 PM
Meh, if she was working for them, why would the IFCC want to harm Xykon as seen when V did that in his soul splice or why wouldn't she just strike him if that was the IFCC's desire?
They didn’t want to attack him to hurt him. They wanted to attack him to get him off his duff.

“Look at the lich: He beats the Sapphire Guard and then sits on his tailbone for months.” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)

—Purple IFCC director

“That’s why we needed to knock him out of his comfort zone.” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)

—Yellow IFCC director

“We only wanted the lich roughed up, not destroyed.” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)

—Orange IFCC director

Dr.Epic
2010-08-25, 10:53 AM
They didn’t want to attack him to hurt him. They wanted to attack him to get him off his duff.

“Look at the lich: He beats the Sapphire Guard and then sits on his tailbone for months.” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)

—Purple IFCC director

“That’s why we needed to knock him out of his comfort zone.” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)

—Yellow IFCC director

“We only wanted the lich roughed up, not destroyed.” (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html)

—Orange IFCC director

So why couldn't they just have Tsukiko do this and not wait for the elf?

Bongos
2010-08-25, 01:30 PM
Maybe I should consider working for the IFCC, seems like they are doing well in this economy. Think they are still hiring? Qarr seems like he'd be a pretty good boss.

Voshkod
2010-08-25, 01:46 PM
I thought Sabine was the IFCC's agent on Team Evil. She's already spying for them and has, ahem, close knowledge of the leader of Team Evil. Why would they need another agent?

Dr.Epic
2010-08-25, 01:49 PM
I thought Sabine was the IFCC's agent on Team Evil. She's already spying for them and has, ahem, close knowledge of the leader of Team Evil. Why would they need another agent?

Sabine's part of the Linear Guild and they only worked for Xykon briefly to kill the Order. I doubt she'd have much info.

Voshkod
2010-08-25, 01:50 PM
Sabine's part of the Linear Guild and they only worked for Xykon briefly to kill the Order. I doubt she'd have much info.

Right. I was confusing Team Evil with Team Stupid for a second.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-25, 01:55 PM
Right. I was confusing Team Evil with Team Stupid for a second.

Team Stupid!:smallbiggrin: Ha ha! I like that.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-08-25, 04:01 PM
So why couldn't they just have Tsukiko do this and not wait for the elf?
Well, it was a response to “Why would they want to harm Xykon if Tsukiko’s working for them?” rather than a response to “Why V instead of T?”

But for the sake of conversation…

A rebelling minion isn’t going to get Xykon moving in the same way and the same direction as an external attack.

Furthermore, if Tsukiko were working for them, they don’t necessarily want to spend her all up there. She would lose her value as a spy if she attacked him. V can attack Xykon and still retain his value in other ways.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-25, 04:39 PM
A rebelling minion isn’t going to get Xykon moving in the same way and the same direction as an external attack.

Furthermore, if Tsukiko were working for them, they don’t necessarily want to spend her all up there. She would lose her value as a spy if she attacked him. V can attack Xykon and still retain his value in other ways.

Still, I'm sure that there are other ways for Tsukiko to get Xykon motivated that don't involve her attacking him or violent ways I'm sure someone with 3 powerful fiends behind them could pull off without the person harmed knowing they did it.

factotum
2010-08-25, 04:53 PM
I agree with Dr. Epic. All Tsukiko would have to do to get Xykon moving is keep dropping hints:

"I'm bored sitting around this place all day, can't we DO something already?"
"You know, I'm starting to think Redcloak is deliberately stalling here."
"Hey, Xykon, I think I've figured out that ritual you gave me, but I really need to see the location we're intending to perform it to be sure."

Since all of those would be pushing Xykon in a direction he naturally prefers anyway, they'd be out of the city in no time.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-25, 04:56 PM
I agree with Dr. Epic. All Tsukiko would have to do to get Xykon moving is keep dropping hints:

"Hey, Xykon, I think I've figured out that ritual you gave me, but I really need to see the location we're intending to perform it to be sure."

Since all of those would be pushing Xykon in a direction he naturally prefers anyway, they'd be out of the city in no time.

Not trying to hurt my own theory, but does Xykon seem like the type to (a) understand hints or (b) listen to others?

Gray Mage
2010-08-25, 05:31 PM
Not trying to hurt my own theory, but does Xykon seem like the type to (a) understand hints or (b) listen to others?

No, but he seem to be c)gets bored easily. And T helped him not to be bored with the gladiators and bets.

lothos
2010-08-25, 11:06 PM

Crushing Despair engulfs me :-)
At least I didn't suggest that Tarquin is the Tarrasque, because they both start with the same letter... Ok, fair point, this is VERY thinly supported, I never said there was a compelling case for this theory. I just wanted to see what others thought, to see if there was some other evidence I might have missed myself.

That's a really going point by both Dr. Epic and Factotum, I guess that would be a lot simpler. That alone is pretty good evidence that she is NOT working for the IFCC. Even if Xykon doesn't understand hints, it's true that he is pretty bored with hanging around Azure City anyway, a nudge, subtle or otherwise might be all he needs.

Cheers.

littlekKID
2010-09-05, 02:32 PM
In addition, how would the IFCC know that the prisoners would get a chance to join up with Xykon?

agree, the IFCC are clever puppetmasters ( and a great source for theorys, insane of othewise), but them manipulating friking EVERYTHING that ever happend in the comics is just ridiculous

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-09, 10:52 AM
agree, the IFCC are clever puppetmasters ( and a great source for theorys, insane of othewise), but them manipulating friking EVERYTHING that ever happend in the comics is just ridiculous
You mean they weren't the ones who had the original hobgoblin fortress in the mountains built so that it would be in the right place for Xykon to discover it and use it to march on Azure City?

littlekKID
2010-09-09, 03:50 PM
You mean they weren't the ones who had the original hobgoblin fortress in the mountains built so that it would be in the right place for Xykon to discover it and use it to march on Azure City?

Of course! and lets not forget their part in starting the order of the scribble!
becuase it's clear that soon's wife was a succubus , sent by them!

But Tsukiko? ridiculous?

137beth
2010-09-09, 07:45 PM

I agree 100% with this post. And I have additional evidence:

When Dark Varsuvius fought Xykon, Tsukiko came and attempted to dispel the soul-splices. She also seemed to have no idea what was going on (and so far hasn't shown any signs of ranks in bluff). If she was working for the IFCC, wouldn't she have at least some idea of the plan to soul-splice the elf?

Stabber
2010-09-09, 08:32 PM
this seems disturbing.

Marnath
2010-09-09, 08:40 PM
this seems disturbing.

What does, specifically? :smallconfused:

Morph Bark
2010-09-10, 05:07 AM

Plausible enough if they knew Xykon was headed for Azure City. Which is plausible.

137beth
2010-09-18, 10:19 PM
The IFCC may be skilled manipulators and have good bluff, but Tsukiko clearly didn't understand what was going on during the V vs. Xykon fight. Since bluff is not a class skill for cleric OR wizard, it doesn't seem likely that she could have pulled off a bluff that big and fooled all the goblins there, and a distracted Xykon, and Varsuvius (actually, I'd expect she COULD fool V, since (s)he wasn't paying attention and was too overconfident), AND Redcloak.

Actually, the IFCC did NOT necessarily know Xykon was going to Azure City, because they only found out about the gates through Sabine, who told them before she knew about it. By the time they could have figured out he WAS going for Soon's gate, Tsukiko would already have been in prison. So it is would not be possible for them to have planted Tsukiko in prison just to get released and spy on Xykon.

blackjack217
2010-09-19, 02:31 PM
No Tsukiko is working for :thog: the real mastermind behind everything!!!

La Chatte Noire
2010-09-21, 10:48 PM
No Tsukiko is working for :thog: the real mastermind behind everything!!!

Thog must save the world! Otherwise all the ice cream dies with it! Save the ice creams!

Cerlis
2010-09-22, 04:48 PM
As the IFCC pointed out themselves, you dont need to know about them to work for them. However, even though Tsukiko is powerful enough and dumb enough to be one of their lackies...She has mostly been a more powerful than most minion of Xykon. She is basically a more powerful Hobgoblin Named Cleric in regards to how she's been affecting the world.

Its possible though that the IFCC is rooting for Xykon in regards to the fact that he is a powerful force to cause chaos, strife, and get control of one of the gates.

So all in All i do not think they consider her a minion, but she could ultimately help if it is through Xykon

Souhiro
2010-09-23, 05:05 AM
For Starters, we need to know WHICH is the objetive of the IFCC. They lied when they said to V that their plan, for now, was to share a soul and don't fight about it.

There is another point: As we know, in our Real World, we call Demons and Devils to the ones who opposes to God. God is Good, Devil is Evil. That's easy to understand. And in our Real World too, the polytheistics religions DON'T believe in demons, but evil gods. Hades, Hel, Loki... al of those are Evil Gods.

But in the OotS-Verse, there are Devils and Demons, and Evil Gods too.

In my games, in my interpretation, "ArchiDevil" is a title some evil gods grant to themselves. Demons and devils are lesser creatures made by those evil gods and are under their direct command -with a little hierarchy, of course- But here, that don't seems to be the case. Demons and Devils operate without any evil god, and we don't know their place in the creation of the world.

We don't know ANYTHING of the IFCC, nor their mission, nor what are they, nor their origins and duties.

hamishspence
2010-09-23, 05:07 AM
Some of what they said doesn't come across as lies.

For example, in the second last panel of this strip:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0633.html

they are rather open about their long-term goals.