PDA

View Full Version : Bardic music in wild shape?

gomipile
2010-08-23, 10:07 PM
How would you roleplay and/or justify using bardic music while wild shaped? I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear what you all have to say about it. Should be fun :smallsmile:.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-23, 10:11 PM
Depends on your shape and your perform skill. I could totally see Perform (Sing) being replicated in a wolf's howls, where a monkey/gorilla wouldn't have any issues with Perform (Drums).

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-23, 10:11 PM
what animal are you talking about? i think you can if you can play an instrument or sing

Zaydos
2010-08-23, 10:14 PM
Bardic Howling :smallbiggrin:

I'd say you'd have the best chance with Perform (Percussion) and some type of ape, followed by Perform (Sing) and birds or wolves.

gomipile
2010-08-23, 10:17 PM
Well, one idea I had is the following: On any hard surface, an animal with claws should be able to use Perform:dance to tapdance.

Townopolis
2010-08-23, 10:18 PM
Perform: dance with a bear has historical precedent.

El Dorado
2010-08-23, 10:57 PM
Dire bear + silly hat = Perform (interpretive dance)

kaptainkrutch
2010-08-23, 11:06 PM
I'm sitting here, picturing a druid in a lion wildshape singing "Oh, I just can't wait to be king!"

EDIT: Or a bear druid, dancing around with a half-naked halfling, singing "Bare Necessities"

DanReiv
2010-08-24, 02:08 AM
Perform: dance with a bear has historical precedent.

Bears got it all. Groove included. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3299881)

Greenish
2010-08-24, 09:00 AM
Bears got it all. Groove included. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3299881)You know, bears don't actually dig on dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wLHVjOos8Y).

Analytica
2010-08-24, 09:02 AM
My vote goes to some form of splendidly coloured songbird, singing its bird bard song so beautifully everyone around is performs better. :smallsmile:

thompur
2010-08-24, 09:13 AM
Wildshape into a Giraffe and do inspirational mime.

Ormagoden
2010-08-24, 09:49 AM
You know, bears don't actually dig on dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wLHVjOos8Y).

BRILLIANT! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sir_Elderberry
2010-08-24, 10:53 AM
I'm sitting here, picturing a druid in a lion wildshape singing "Oh, I just can't wait to be king!"
But THICK as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of pride!

I can see this being allowed for certain Performs and certain shapes--you can't Perform (comedy) while you are a dinosaur, but you could probably Perform (song) as a bird. Perhaps you could homebrew a feat? "Natural Melody"?

The Glyphstone
2010-08-24, 10:57 AM

I can see this being allowed for certain Performs and certain shapes--you can't Perform (comedy) while you are a dinosaur, but you could probably Perform (song) as a bird. Perhaps you could homebrew a feat? "Natural Melody"?

It's CLEAR from your vacant expressions!
The lights are not all on upstairs!

I'd say a homebrew feat is in order.

Natural Musician
Prerequisites: Wild Shape class feature, Bardic Music class feature
Benefits: You can use your Bardic Music class abilities while wildshaped. Your Druid and Bard levels stack to determine the maximum Hit Dice of your Wild Shape forms and your Bardic Music uses/day.

Telonius
2010-08-24, 10:58 AM
Songbirds would be fairly easy to justify for a Perform (sing) check.

Now I'm picturing a bunch of wildshaped Bards performing Peter and the Wolf...

Toptomcat
2010-08-24, 11:06 AM

What, the mental image of a Tyrannosaurus Rex slipping on a banana peel doesn't bring a smile to your face?

Greenish
2010-08-24, 11:11 AM
What, the mental image of a Tyrannosaurus Rex slipping on a banana peel doesn't bring a smile to your face?But it's not easy to toss pies with those tiny two-fingered hands!

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-08-24, 01:42 PM
I'd say a homebrew feat is in order.
Never use homebrew for what is possible RAW.

MoMF 1 allows your own voice to be used while any animal form. Playing instruments would be difficult as a snake though.

Telonius
2010-08-24, 02:04 PM

MoMF 1 allows your own voice to be used while any animal form. Playing instruments would be difficult as a snake though.

Nah, just string yourself along a bass guitar. Worked in a couple Disney movies, I think.

vicente408
2010-08-24, 02:50 PM

Find a way to play the flute, and become your own charmer.