PDA

View Full Version : Ace Combat FFRP (Interest?)

Executor
2010-08-23, 11:56 PM
Now, I'm a bit of a nut for jet fighters and air-to-air combat, and I absolutely love the Ace Combat games by Namco, so I thought it might be interesting to have a FFRP of Ace Combat. I'm still open to ideas on the plot, but here's my general plan so far, building on the plots for Ace Combat 5 and 6:

It is 2015, and Emmeria is gaining ascendancy in the Anean Continental War. Desperate, Estovakia appeals to it's patron, Yuktobania, where a recent military coup has deposed Prime Minister Nikanor and replaced him by the warmongering Premier Josef Rylenkov. Rylenkov launches the massive Yuktobanian military into a land, sea and air offensive against the southern coast of Emmeria, while a fresh Estovakian offensive in the east pushes them back on a second front. Within weeks, Emmeria has been reduced to a small pocket around the city of Felinsalia. However, Osea has decided that enough is enough and sends a powerful sea and air task force, bearing significant ground forces, to reinforce the Felinsalia pocket and push the Yukes and Stovies out of Emmerian territory.

It basically works off the Anean Continental War as being a sort of Strangereal equivalent of the Korean War, with Yuktobania filling in for China, and intervening before the US/Osea. The Felinsalia Pocket, where our characters will begin their war service, is based on the Pusan Perimeter in 1950. We could play as the pilots of a mixed Osean-Emmerian fighter squadron, or we could play as pilots on both sides of the conflict. As the admin, I would prefer to take the first option, as it would be simpler for me to mod. But, it all depends on what the players want to do.

However, before we sort all the particulars out, I must ask: Is anyone interested?

AKAAATT
2010-09-09, 08:13 PM
Will I be able to fly close to the Danger Zone?

Executor
2010-09-09, 09:38 PM
Son, you could take the highway to the Danger Zone.

AKAAATT
2010-09-10, 12:48 PM
Sign me up

I'll be your wingman any day

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z122/casademarco/wingman.jpg

Mina Kobold
2010-09-10, 04:23 PM
I might be interested.

Considering my previous lack of interest in flight and war games it might be difficult, though.

How do you make a good character when all Air Forces generally try to suck out all individuality from you? :smalltongue: