PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Magic Weapon locker!

GodGoblin
2010-08-24, 08:30 AM
Hi Guys and Girls, Im starting this thread as a place to throw around some fun magic weapons you have made in D&D 3.5. :smallsmile:

Ok so include the items name, any special matirials its made from and of course the enchantments you put on it. Lets throw in a bit of back story to spice it a bit.

So I will start-

Splinter Storm
The Anarchic, Keen, Icy burst Silvered rapier.
(Comes to a total of 18410gp)

Splinter Storm was originally forged by the Mages Guild of Tollaria as a peace offering for the Dread Pirate Iron Tooth in attempt to stop the raids upon their harbours. Iron tooth accepted the gift but used it slay the mages during his final assault on Tollaria.

Iron Tooth claimed the town as his own and ruled it with a brutal law, he slew many men and women with Splinter Storm who challenged his rule and over time gave the weapon his own chaotic taint.

One fatefull day Iron Tooth was challenged by an elven blade singer named Allegeros, after a long tiring battle Allegeros was victorious. He took Splinter Storm as his prize and carried his trophy for many years during his adventuring career. Allegeros sadly met his end in a booby trapped tomb of a long dead necromancer where Splinter Storm remains to this day.

Thats mine lets see what you got! Im sure I will add more as inspiration comes to me :smallbiggrin:

dsmiles
2010-08-24, 08:50 AM
I'll show you mine, since you showed me yours. :smalltongue:

Nature's Fury
+6 Keen Adamantine Scythe of Contingent Elemental Burst
(Can't remember cost, but it was an Epic Weapon.)

Nature's Fury was a weapon created for the druid Conn MacLir, to use, in defense of the forests of his home kingdom, against a ravaging horde of dragon-blooded orcs and their red dragon general, Astharnax the Flaming Fury. (Yes, that kind of flaming. :smalleek:)

New Power: Contingent Elemental Burst (+7 bonus). This power detects the elemental weakness of your opponents, and acts as a burst weapon of that type. (Thus, if the wielder was facing a creature with vulnerability to cold, the weapon would initially become an Icy Burst weapon.) The type of elemental damage may be changed, as a free action, once per round, on your turn.

Chess435
2010-08-24, 10:19 AM
Let's see.... Your weapon works out to +14, so the final cost works out to something like 3,922,500 gp, give or take a few thousand. By the way, your contingent elemental burst seems more like a +8 bonus to me.

I personally like to abuse the fact that burst special abilities multiply with criticals, so here's mine:

+1 keen flaming burst shocking burst freezing burst acidic burst heavy pick

1d6 + 1 + 1d10 fire +1d10 cold + 1d10 cold + 1d10 acid (6-47 damage)
Critical: 19-20/x4 (24-238 damage on crit)

Sorry, but I can't really think of a backstory right now. Maybe one of you would have the kindness to do it for me? :smallwink:

dsmiles
2010-08-24, 10:25 AM
Let's see.... Your weapon works out to +14, so the final cost works out to something like 3,922,500 gp, give or take a few thousand. By the way, your contingent elemental burst seems more like a +8 bonus to me.

I personally like to abuse the fact that burst special abilities multiply with criticals, so here's mine:

+1 keen flaming burst shocking burst freezing burst acidic burst heavy pick

1d6 + 1 + 1d10 fire +1d10 cold + 1d10 cold + 1d10 acid (6-47 damage)
Critical: 19-20/x4 (24-238 damage on crit)

Sorry, but I can't really think of a backstory right now. Maybe one of you would have the kindness to do it for me? :smallwink:

I didn't actually make that up. I played Conn MacLir in an (admittedly broken) campaign. The DM of that campaign adjudicated contingent elemental burst as a +7, so that's what I listed it as. :smallcool:

Chess435
2010-08-24, 10:31 AM
Oh, okay then. I was under the impression that you had made it up, lol. By the way, the exact cost of your weapon works out to 3,923,318 gp.

dsmiles
2010-08-24, 10:33 AM
Oh, okay then. I was under the impression that you had made it up, lol. By the way, the exact cost of your weapon works out to 3,923,318 gp.

CRAP! I should have used some diplomancy to lower the price. I KNEW I payed too much!

EDIT: By too much, I mean I payed an even 4 mil.

Bagel
2010-08-24, 10:34 AM
Mage's Sidearm

This implement looks like a dart thruster with no moving parts and adamantine plating. It allows the user to fire a missile of energy [1d4 +1] that strikes the opponent unerringly at will.

Lesser - 1x1x2000x2 = 4,000 - 1 missile
Normal - 1x5x2000x2 = 20,000 - 3 missiles
Greater - 1x9x2000x2 = 36,000 - 5 missiles

Zaydos
2010-08-24, 10:49 AM
The Sword of Ironkeep:
A +2 Holy, Screaming, Aberration Bane, Adamantine Great-Sword. It has four daily charges, these charges can be used with a swift command word and can grant it one of the following abilities for 1 round, the abilities are Binding, Charging, Flaming, Keen, or Screaming Burst (replaces Screaming for the duration). Also whenever its wielder uses a Knight’s Challenge any DC to resist it is increased by 2, and during a Knight’s Challenge to single combat the wielder gets a +1 Luck bonus to Atk and damage rolls with this weapon.

It was given to a knight in my game when they beat the BBEG (they wanted to keep playing). Or more accurately he had a (+1?) Holy Aberration Bane Adamantine Greatsword and it upgraded when he used it to kill the ullitharid and save the world.

He never remembered to use Knight's Challenge again, which would have been useful since it would often have made the difference between him hitting and misisng :smallsigh:

Chess435
2010-08-24, 10:50 AM
I thought at will was 1,800 x spell level x CL, not 2,000.

Zaydos
2010-08-24, 11:06 AM
Oh yes the other weapon that upgraded at the end of that fight:
The Arc:
+2 Sacred, Fiery Burst, Freezing Shortbow. 3/day it can be used to Sudden Strike/Sneak Attack undead or plant creatures, this requires a full attack action to make one such attack, though, at an additional +2 to hit if they are denied their Dex bonus to AC. Also the bow can be used to “shoot” a Cure spell of 3rd or lower level to a maximum of 60-ft away. The wielder must make a ranged touch attack roll even towards a willing target but otherwise it functions as normal for the Cure spell.

RelicForger
2010-08-24, 11:20 AM
{Scrubbed}

Bagel
2010-08-24, 12:08 PM
I thought at will was 1,800 x spell level x CL, not 2,000.

Use activated, not command word, so it can be used if silenced