PDA

View Full Version : The handler must be a dwarf...

Jolly
2010-08-24, 10:49 AM
Because it can't be moved. :)

I primarily browse these forums on my Blackberry, and I'm having a small issue. I can navigate between sub-forums just fine, but when I do anything with an individual thread (open an existing thread, start a new one, post a reply, edit a post etc) I get the following error: "Handler cannot be removed." It's not a terrible problem, I just click to acknowledge it and I'm on my way. I just want to know if it's an issue on my end, and issue with the forum, or working as intended. Thank you.

Rawhide
2010-08-24, 05:26 PM
This is not an intended feature and is a compatibility issue with your Blackberry browser.

i.e. The error is being caused by your Blackberry's internet browser because it can't understand something on the forums. I would assume that vBulletin 4.x has fixed this problem, but we don't currently have any intention to upgrade from 3.x.

Jolly
2010-08-24, 06:49 PM
Ok, that makes good sense. :) Is there anything I can do on my end to remedy it? Or is that perhaps a question for the Blackberry forums...

2010-08-27, 06:16 AM
well its a smartphone problem, so i would recommend sacrificing a goat.

it wont make the problem go away, but have you ever tried to type on one of those things with slippery hands?