PDA

View Full Version : Building a fiendish Rake (3.5)

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-08-24, 07:15 PM
I need a build for a Fiendish Rake. (1-20)
No I'm not talking about adding a template to a implement for raking leaves.

Basically I'm looking for help building a character that has the following conceptually..

Dual wields rapiers, and is scary with them. Think scary Swashbuckler main villian.

Knowledgable about magic, though not a full out "caster class"

Sneaky, underhanded and devious (so skill points a plus)

Said character is of Fiendish Derivation, though I don't want it to be too obvious.

Restrictions are.. No Gestalt, no third party sources and no psionics (DM lacks the books)

My thoughts are some sort of Rogue, Warblade with diamond mind and some Desert wind powers refluffed to be from his "heritage" though I'm strongly leaning towards warlock as an option. Having a high Use magic device is a plus but some lesser casting is not out of the question.

The problem is I need him to be fairly optimized and brutally effective to fit the "role" he is to fill in the game, and I haven't been happy with my builds for him so far.

Fax Celestis
2010-08-24, 07:22 PM
Well, there's the Rake PrC from BoEF...

Thurbane
2010-08-24, 07:43 PM
How about a Tiefling Swashbuckler/Beguiler gish? Dual wield rapiers and get your INT bonus on damage to each one?

Or if you're not keen on casting, Swashbuckler/Factotum...both of which run off INT. I'm not that familiar with ToB, but I believe Warblade (?) get some INT bonuses to combat as well.

Greenish
2010-08-24, 07:54 PM
Warblade is decent base for such a critter, though swordsage could produce some magical effects on there too, in addition to getting sneakiness.

For double rapiers, you'll want oversized two-weapon fighting from Complete Adventurer to get the penalties to reasonable size.