PDA

View Full Version : [ACRO] The Writer's Realm

Kyrian
2010-08-24, 09:43 PM
((Work in progress))

It's quite hard to describe a realm to a god of such vague branding such as the written word. And that would be caused by the fact that this very realm can shift at any moment notice, based on the god's state of mind, or whatever it is that he cares about.

Such is, Mike needed a realm to escape to, and so the Writer gave himself this place. Somewhere he could go, to lose himself in his own thoughts. To escape reality when he needed to do so. Though the way here isn't very private, many that have means to jump between dimensions could very well come here if they so wished. Of course, not very many knew of the place to begin with, so the traffic flow was light enough to keep Mike fairly stress free.

Kyrian
2010-08-24, 09:49 PM
Mike appears and the realm instantly begins to shift. Where he is at currently, a small cabin forms. In the distance, mountains and what appears to be a rough storm.

The Bushranger
2010-08-26, 09:35 PM
Meanwhile - presumably, near Mike - Erin and Angela de-Fold.

The former, at least, is wearing a rather tight dress...that was revealing even before it was tight.

And she looks around, a bit surprised, and a little awed, as she holds the foxgirl's hand tightly.

Kyrian
2010-08-26, 09:37 PM
Well, if near Mike, they'll find his back to them as he works at a desk. Writing away. The inside of the cabin appears a little bare, but there are some windows to see outside, and gaze upon the mountains in the distance, and the storm that appears closer than it did when Mike first created the realm.

FireFox
2010-08-26, 09:39 PM
Angela gives Erin's hand a nervous squeeze, standing behind Erin and rather unsure about this whole thing.

The Bushranger
2010-08-26, 09:42 PM
Erin squeezes back, before taking a deep breath, and clearing her throat.

"Mike?" she asks, her tone concerned. "We found your note..."

Kyrian
2010-08-26, 09:46 PM
"Dear?"

Mike looks over her shoulder,

"Nothing's wrong, love, I just wanted to actually see you sometime..."

The Bushranger
2010-08-26, 09:48 PM
Erin giggles, blushes, and nods. "Well, I'm here, handsome...and Angela too...I was thinking maybe the two of you could talk, get to know each other better?" she asks, hopefully.

FireFox
2010-08-26, 09:50 PM
Angela gives Mike a small, slightly nervous smile.
Right now all she can think about is how nice remote cabins are for murdering people. :smallwink:

Kyrian
2010-08-26, 09:54 PM
"G'evening Angela. And by the way, you both look lovely..."
Mike gives her a smile, though is eyeing his wife more than Angela, of course.

FireFox
2010-08-26, 10:01 PM
Thank you Mike. Then she deadtimes, as her player goes off to bed, to let Erin and Mike talk.

The Bushranger
2010-08-26, 10:03 PM
"Thanks," Erin says with a smile, and a bit more of a blush. "I was hoping you'd like it...both of you," she adds, giving Angela's hand another squeeze before letting go, and walking over torwards Mike.

Hips swaying a bit...

"What are you working on, dear?" she asks.

Kyrian
2010-08-27, 06:31 AM
Sorry, Kyrian took a decongestant last night to try and feel better. It knocked him out. :smallbiggrin:

If she gets close to him, Mike would try to wrap an arm around her. Of course, him being seated, her standing, that would mean that his hand would brush against her backside....

"Just stories I should have finished long ago," He grins up at her.

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 03:32 PM
Heh. No worries.

Erin is indeed close enough to have an arm put around her.
And, given their relaitive positions, said brushing does occur. :smallamused:

She eeps quietly, shivers a little, and then grins back. "Oh? I can't wait to read them, then," she says, going to put her own arm around his shoulders.

Kyrian
2010-08-27, 03:51 PM
"Not sure how I want to finish them though. I sit down to write and after a while a just hit a block. Every time..."

The Bushranger
2010-08-27, 03:55 PM
"Hmm."
Erin raises a finger to her cheek, in thought.
"That could be...annoying, yeah. Maybe if you told us some of them we could help? Or at least, telling them to somebody aloud might help you think..."

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 07:32 AM
"Um...well, the ideas are kinda scattered all over here. Some of it might actually help me remember myself."

Mike points to all the papers, the remembers he hadn't mentioned that to Erin yet,

"Yeah...I seem to have forgotten a few of my abilities..."

If Erin takes a look at the papers, she'll see a variety of things. Some deal with the origins of Mike's power, others recount various battles he's been in. Still others are battles that have both him and her in them. Strange though, she might notice a couple papers with Renegade sketched on them. Weird, that's Kyrian's sword. And beside that are pages about Kyrian...

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 08:31 AM
And Erin does, indeed, look over the papers, frowning as she sees...unfamiliar elements. And some familar.

"Mike, dear? These aren't all about you," she says, moving a bit closer as she starts looking at them more closely.

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 10:27 AM
"Hm?"

Mike looks over to see which paper Erin is speaking of.

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 10:29 AM
She points at one mentioning Renegade.

"This one, at least. I don't remember you having that sword, dear..."

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 10:38 AM
Mike takes a look at it, and gives a chuckle,

"I could, if I wanted."

Yay for casually avoiding stating the truthful answer behind the question. Of course, Erin is his wife so he'll answer if she persists. Course, he might be hoping she does, building up the suspense for a second.

On closer inspection, a lot of the stuff on Kyrian appears to be stuff that he talked about as his past. Back when he used to be evil, and when he finally began to turn good.

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 10:45 AM
And his hopes...are answered!
"You could? How? It belonged to somebody else," Erin explains, her expression changing to one of more confusion as she recognises some more of the stuff...

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 10:50 AM
"Dear...I made Kyrian..."

And Mike turns to watch her reaction on this one.

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 10:55 AM
"...

...pull the other one, it's got bells on," Erin says, after a moment's dumbfounded staring.

And then she stares, dumbfounded, some more. :smalltongue:

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 10:59 AM
"Erin? Dear?"

Mike gets up, watching her.

FireFox
2010-08-28, 10:59 AM
Angela, meanwhile, is trying to keep up with the conversation she's pretending to not be paying attention to. So she telepathically contacts her brother, who has a datapad containing secret files on HALO's members written by Tobias, and tries to figure out who Kyrian even is.

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 11:08 AM
"...how?" Erin finally asks. "I mean...just...how would that be possible?"
Clearly, she finds this quite incredible, and hard to wrap her mind around. :smalltongue:

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 12:25 PM
"I wrote him into exsistance dear."

Mike gently tries to sit Erin down in the seat he previously vacated.

"Angela, please forgive my manners, would you care for a seat?"

FireFox
2010-08-28, 12:28 PM
Angela shakes her head wordlessly, content to let the two of them talk while Matt telepathically tells her some basic information on Kyrian, to get her caught up.

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 12:31 PM
Angela with a bit of concern...
...then looks back at Mike.
"I...how? Well, I guess I know how...but, why?" she asks, sounding genuinely curious.

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 01:24 PM
"He was a great character. When I first heard about HALO I thought I'd let him have a go on his own. See how he does."

((been posting from work all day, sorry to keep you both waiting))

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 01:26 PM
((No worries. About to head off in a minute, myself))

"Oh. Where is he now?" Erin asks, tilting her head curiously.

Kyrian
2010-08-28, 01:59 PM
"That...I don't know."

Mike sighs.

"Kyrian doesn't even know I'm the reason he exsists. Honestly I prefer it that way, but I'd still like to know what's happened to him..."

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 06:06 PM
"Probably best to let it be that way, yeah," Erin agrees, reaching up to put a hand on Mike's shoulder. "As for what happened, well...we could always try and find out."

Kyrian
2010-08-29, 09:13 AM
Mike puts a hand over Erin's.

"Would be nice, not even sure where to begin looking. Can't even really make it a priority, with Ryan and all..."

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 01:07 PM
Erin sighs, and nods, smiling a little. Almost shyly.

"Good point. Still, though, it'd be nice to find out..."

FireFox
2010-08-29, 06:06 PM
Angela clears her throat reluctantly. Well, I'm pretty sure my dad would want to find out what happened to this guy, as apparently they were friends... Maybe he could go looking...?

Kyrian
2010-08-29, 07:04 PM
"Your brother?"

Mike gives a soft smile to Angela,

"You must forgive me again, I'm afraid I don't know many of the other gods and goddesses out there, so I don't know, well anything, really, about you..."

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 07:15 PM
"He might be able to, yeah," Erin says, nodding in agreement, then falling quiet and giving Angela an encouraging smile while waiting for her answer.

FireFox
2010-08-29, 08:38 PM
No, my father. A Druid named Tobias? He was an old member of HALO, and apparently knew this Kyrian guy. I was actually born mortal, and sort of... got promoted by my Goddess, who retired. Angela blushes and stares at the floor.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 08:42 PM
~Have I told you you're so cute when you're blushing?~ Erin speaks to Angela telepathically, smiling.

Kyrian
2010-08-30, 06:45 AM
Mike nods,

"I vaguely remember him. If you and him wouldn't mind helping me, I'd be forever thankful."

FireFox
2010-08-30, 06:52 AM
Angela doesn't say anything to Erin, but blushes even more.

Do you know where he was, um, last seen?

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 10:59 AM
Erin picks up one of Mike's drawing pens and fiddles with it, as she listens, curious...
"Ooops!" she explains, as it suddenly clatters to the floor. "Um, sorry, dear."

...and she quickly stands, turns around, and bends over to pick it up...

Kyrian
2010-08-30, 09:22 PM
Mike tries not to stare, which he appears to be failing at.

"And I never...mentioned...I created Nick...too..."

FireFox
2010-08-30, 09:26 PM
Angela would be asking Matt to look up "Nick"'s name right now... But she finds herself equally failing at not staring at Erin.

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 09:52 PM
And Erin, looking totally innocent - or at least not giving away any premeditation on her part - picks up the pen, straightening (slowly) and putting it back on the desk.
"Sorry about that," she says, turning back to settle back into her seat, and smiling.

Kyrian
2010-08-31, 07:59 PM
Mike shakes his head with a chuckle,

"Uh huh..."

And gestures more to his papers,
"Anyways, Kyrian and Nick aren't the only ones. I sent several characters into the Nexus. Been able to keep a small amount of tabs on them, but they majority have up and vanished..."

Mike runs a hand through his hair,

"Truth be told Erin, I'd first gone to HALO to check on Kyrian and Nick. And I remember going to the Nexus prior over another of my creations. One that had gone bad."

The Bushranger
2010-08-31, 08:28 PM
Erin giggles back. "Oh. Well, um, I'm...glad you did." She looks a bit surprised. "Oh. Well, um, hopefully you didn't have too much trouble finding him?"

Kyrian
2010-08-31, 10:34 PM
"I shouldn't have, but that's one of the fuzzier parts of my memories. Like it's been tampered with or something."

The Bushranger
2010-08-31, 10:53 PM
Erin frowns.
"Is it possible he did that, in order to get away from you?" she asks Mike, looking worried.

Kyrian
2010-08-31, 11:57 PM
Mike shakes his head,

"No, I vaguely remember the battle. It's just really hazy, like the details are off or something."

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 12:09 AM
"I could help, maybe. If you wanted, sometime," Erin offers. "I've...fixed a few minds with muddled memories, in my time..."

Kyrian
2010-09-01, 11:22 PM
Mike nods as he listens to her. His eyes roam the various pages as he tries to sort out what's going on with his characters. Trying to see if there's some link, some timeframe he can find that judges when they all began to go missing.

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 11:22 PM
Erin gives Angela a smile.
...and a wink.

Before turning and leaning forwards to help Mike look over the pages, slipping an arm instinctively around him.

Kyrian
2010-09-02, 02:33 PM
There clearly is no order to the mess. Just pages, and almost each one contains a different person:

Azazel
Max
Teelah
Rafael and Leonel
Nazgul
Kyrian
Nick

Mike sighs and his arm slips around Erin,
"I'm glad I went to HALO too..."

FireFox
2010-09-02, 04:07 PM
Angela just stares back at Erin, then turns and looks out a window.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 08:43 PM
Erin nods, smiles, then turns her head to look over at...
"Angela?" she calls, softly, reaching out torwards the foxgirl with one arm, the other still around Mike. "Could you come here, love?"

FireFox
2010-09-02, 09:29 PM
Angela looks over her shoulder at Erin. Hm? What is it?

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:31 PM
"Could you come here? ...please?" Erin says, softly, still reaching for Angela, her expression hopeful.

FireFox
2010-09-02, 09:33 PM
Angela's pretty sure Erin's going to try something stupid, like hug both of them at the same time in a prelude to attempting to initiate a threesome. Which Angela suspects was Erin's motivation to bring her here in the first place. Regardless, she can't resist, and walks up to the ghost woman.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:41 PM
Angela is...partially right.

Erin isn't thinking 'threesome' at all. She is thinking 'hug both', though. :smalltongue:

So, that's what she reaches out to do, and tries to hug Angela tight to one side, Mike on the other.

"...I love both of you. You're both special to me. I don't love one of you less for the other. And I don't want either of you to be hurt. Either by that, or...well, to be hurt by me in any way, shape or form." she says quietly.

FireFox
2010-09-02, 09:45 PM
Angela bites her lip before she can sigh, but does roll her eyes. She knew Erin would do this... But she tries to hug Erin back, and ignore Mike completely.
I love you too. It's telepathic, because she's not sure she could say it out loud with Him so close.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:49 PM
Erin manages to smile a bit, and tilts her head to rest it against Angela's side, sighing and closing her eyes.

FireFox
2010-09-02, 09:50 PM
Angela gently nuzzles Erin's cheek and tries to kiss her before pulling away.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:55 PM
Erin blushes, nuzzles back, and returns the kiss.
Before letting Angela pull away, and straightening up, still trying to hug them both, though. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-09-02, 09:56 PM
Angela, done with the group hug, steps back and politely averts her eyes.

Kyrian
2010-09-02, 10:25 PM
Mike closes his eyes, trying to sift through his thoughts. Course, it doesn't help when you have your wife hugging you and another woman all at once.

"I have to...do something."

He sighs, his eyes opening. Normal blue irises have gold traces throughout them now.

"There's just so much. With Ryan. My missing abilities. Creations disappearing..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 10:40 PM
Erin looks up, a little hurt at Angela's aloofness, at Mike.
"Well...I'll help. If there's any way I can?" she asks. "...especially with Ryan."

Kyrian
2010-09-02, 10:42 PM
"I know you're able to help babe. I just feel so lost on it all. Not even sure which problem I should begin to worry about."

He turns to her,

"The only point I know of in our favor with Ryan is that I don't believe he knows I'm back."

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 10:57 PM
"Hmm. How can we use that to our advantage?" Erin asks, leaning back in her chair, and crossing one leg over the other, resting her chin on her hand and looking thoughtful.

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 09:34 AM
Mike shrugs,

"I can't really figure a way to do that, as I never know when he's going to pop up. Really annoying little bugger, that one..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 11:17 AM
"Well, then, clearly we need to develop some way of tracking him," Erin says, matter-of-factly. "Since he has both our DNA, you'd think that wouldn't be too hard..."

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 11:33 AM
"Would have said the same two years ago about him taking me from you..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 11:34 AM
Erin bites her lip and looks down, not knowing what to say to that.

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 11:35 AM
Mike sighs,

"Sorry. I'm stressed..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:11 PM
"It's OK," Erin says softly, taking a deep breath. "I think we all are..."

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 10:05 PM
((As I'm driving home from work tonight, it just dawned on me...

I'm currently dating an Erin... ^-^))

Mike nods,

"I'm just not sure Erin. Patty mentioned trying to give him a chance of redemption. I don't know if it's possible..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 10:07 PM
((XD))

"Well, if it's at all possible, the least we can do is try. If he really is my child, I don't know if I could do otherwise..." Erin whispers.

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 10:10 PM
"Trust me...I know he's ours."

Helps a little when you seem to be having the kid's memories given to you.

"And I can try, but after what he's done to me..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 10:11 PM
Erin nods, having meant it more rhetorically, but looks up with a deep breath. "I understand. Maybe...if there's some way we could, well, hold him in one place, so he'd have to listen - or for us to figure out how to fix what's wrong..."

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 10:15 PM
Mike nods, trying to think of what memories of Ryan he's seen. Of course, he hasn't told Erin about any of them, and isn't sure if Patty had. Either way.

Well, he did know what event caused Ryan to snap, but was there more reasoning behind it?

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 10:20 PM
Erin falls quiet as well, looking at her husband, and reaching instictively to take his hand in hers.
Not knowing a tall about any of the memories.

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 10:25 PM
Mike's fingers instinctively entwine with hers, and he gives her hand a small squeeze...

----

As Jenna silently took Ryan's hand, his fingers entwined with hers, and he gave her hand a small squeeze.

----

Mike turns to look at Erin, but she isn't what his eyes see.

----

Ryan turns and looks at Jenna. Even with the scar on her face, she was still the most beautiful woman to him.

It's done...

Jenna nods, as they both turn to the wreckage all around them. Fires are still being battled, but most people are still recovering and trying to sort through and see how many are injured, and how many didn't survive.

----

Mike winces a little and puts his free hand against his head.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 10:31 PM
Erin squeezes Mike's hand in return, smiling at him...then her smile turning to a look of concern. "Mike? Are you OK, dear?" she asks, worried.

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 10:44 PM
"Yea, yea, I'll be...fine..."

Mike blinks a few times.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 10:48 PM
Erin still looks worried, but nods.
"You looked a little...spaced out there for a minute."

Kyrian
2010-09-04, 10:50 PM
"I've been having these visions. I think they're Ryan's memories."

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 11:32 PM
Erin's eyes widen.
"...how? Is he...sending them to you deliberatly, somehow?"

Kyrian
2010-09-06, 12:06 AM
"I'm not quite sure. It started two years ago, so it's possible that he is."

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 12:10 AM
That makes Erin frown more.
"Have you ever...tried sending anything back, to him, then?"

Kyrian
2010-09-08, 09:31 AM
Mike shakes his head,

"You know, I can honestly say I never even thought to try."

The Bushranger
2010-09-08, 06:32 PM
"Well, maybe you should," Erin says, thinking as she speaks. "Try to show him...that regardless of what he's done, he's still our child...or just general happy things..."

Kyrian
2010-09-08, 06:47 PM
"I believe that I never thought of that either. You're brilliant, love..."

The Bushranger
2010-09-08, 06:53 PM
Erin blushes, ducking her head a little, and smiling.
"Well, I try."

Kyrian
2010-09-08, 07:41 PM
"Well you do an amazing job."
Mike grins and brushes her cheek.

The Bushranger
2010-09-08, 07:42 PM
Erin giggles, and her cheeks turn a little greener as she smiles.
"Why thank you, dear."
She giggles, again, but her eyes flick torwards Angela...

FireFox
2010-09-08, 09:21 PM
Angela, for her part, is finding the wood work of the cabin rather fascinating. She doesn't appear to know that Erin or Mike even exist.

The Bushranger
2010-09-08, 10:01 PM
...and so Erin looks back to Mike, looking uncertain again.

Kyrian
2010-09-08, 10:23 PM
Mike notes Angela, but doesn't know what he can say.

He does remove his hand from Erin's cheek though. And was so close to brushing it through her hair.

FireFox
2010-09-08, 10:28 PM
Angela keeps staring at the grains and cracks in the wall, and will continue to do so unless directly addressed. After all, the married couple need their privacy.

The Bushranger
2010-09-08, 11:30 PM
Erin closes her eyes, and then stands.

"Mike? Um, is there a bathroom around here?"

Kyrian
2010-09-08, 11:40 PM
Mike nods,
"Down the hall, to the left."

The Bushranger
2010-09-08, 11:52 PM
Erin nods as well, and hurries off in that direction...

...leaving Angela and Mike alone with each other.

Either she's crafty, not thiking straight, or figures if they murder each other her moral dilemma is solved. :smalltongue:

Kyrian
2010-09-08, 11:54 PM
"Well then..."

Mike turns to Angela,

"Enjoying the wood over there?"

FireFox
2010-09-09, 06:53 AM
Angela sighs and turns around to stare at Mike with a blank expression on her face. Would you prefer I left you two alone? Because I have my own stuff to do.

Kyrian
2010-09-09, 03:19 PM
"Actually, I was hoping she'd bring you here..."

FireFox
2010-09-09, 07:59 PM
Angela's reaction to Mike's words is as swift as it is alarming. The foxgirl steps back and puts her weight on her rear foot, settling into a fighting stance and producing a magical sword out of Hammerspace. Seems like Mike just gave her the impression that he asked for her to come so he can kill her while Erin has her back turned. Oh? And why were you hoping that?

Kyrian
2010-09-09, 10:30 PM
Mike raises an eyebrow, but makes no move otherwise,
"Well, certainly not for that..."

FireFox
2010-09-10, 01:33 PM
Angela glares at him, mostly pissed off but slightly worried about getting into a fight here. Then tell me why you want me here.

Kyrian
2010-09-10, 04:18 PM
"Well I was hoping to get to know one another and get along..."

FireFox
2010-09-10, 06:14 PM
Yeah, that's not happening. Now that it doesn't seem like he'll attack her, Angela puts the sword away. I'm not saying you aren't a good guy, I just have no intention of making nice or getting along.

The Bushranger
2010-09-10, 06:15 PM
Erin, meanwhile, is returning. And stops, just out of view. Overhearing...

Kyrian
2010-09-10, 07:48 PM
"Alright..."
Mike crosses his arms.

"Then let me just say, you make no sense."

FireFox
2010-09-10, 08:38 PM
I make no sense? Why, because I'm jealous and pissed off? Now that you're back in the picture... Whatever, I'm leaving. I want what's best for her, so I don't care what you two do. But I hope, if you do try anything, that you remember all the other guys she's slept with since you left. You'll have to excuse her spite. She still thinks Erin might leave her, which makes her quite upset and frankly a bit unreasonable. She glares at Mike one last time, then tries to teleport out.

Kyrian
2010-09-10, 10:33 PM
Nothing stops her, and Mike sighs when she eventually leaves.

The Bushranger
2010-09-10, 10:40 PM
A minute later, Erin emerges, 'returning'.

...of course, her expression probably reveals, that she overheard the whole thing...

Kyrian
2010-09-10, 10:44 PM
Mike is trying not to stress about what just happened. He sees Erin and gives her a small smile.

The Bushranger
2010-09-10, 10:48 PM
Erin smiles back, a little, and sighs.
"So...things didn't go well."

Kyrian
2010-09-11, 10:03 AM
"So it seems..."

Mike would take a seat back at his desk, but honestly it's one of the most comfortable chairs in the place, and chivalry still dictates in his mind that if they're to crash into seats at this point, Erin gets that one.

The Bushranger
2010-09-11, 11:05 AM
Erin, for her part, is still standing there, looking conflicted, confused, and a fair bit upset...

"Do you...want to know?" she finally whispers.

Kyrian
2010-09-11, 10:43 PM
"Want to know what?"

Mike raises an eyebrow.

The Bushranger
2010-09-11, 10:44 PM
"...what she said. About...how many," Erin whispers, looking down and closing her eyes.

Kyrian
2010-09-11, 10:46 PM
"No. Because I still love you."

The Bushranger
2010-09-11, 10:56 PM
...and at this, Erin looks up at Mike, her eyes wide in surprise - and gratitude...

...then she drops to her knees, buries her face in her hands, and starts to cry.

Kyrian
2010-09-12, 11:15 PM
Mike steps to her. Rushes almost. Slides beside her nearly.

Ok, he does kneel down next to her, and does put a hand on her shoulder, allowing her a shoulder to cry on if she so chooses. And doing everything he can to otherwise be a presense that is there for her. Because he is there for her.

The Bushranger
2010-09-12, 11:27 PM
And indeed, Erin turns and buries her face in Mike's shoulder, as she continues to cry, sobbing, her shoulders shaking.

Kyrian
2010-09-12, 11:42 PM
Mike's arms slide around her and hold her tight. He says nothing, letting his wife let it all out. Though he does softly rub her back, hoping she understands that he's here for her.

The Bushranger
2010-09-12, 11:53 PM
Erin does understand...
...and it helps.
...while, in a way, making her feel worse at the same time...
"How can I hurt somebody?" she finally whispers, after a long while.

Kyrian
2010-09-13, 12:14 AM
Mike sighs, never really wanting to press this issue with her,
"It'll be ok, Erin... People get hurt, even if unintentionally...

The Bushranger
2010-09-13, 12:21 AM
"I know," Erin whispers. "But...I have to choose one of you. And that means one of you is going to be hurt - because of me."

She manages to avoid sobbing again, but only just.

Kyrian
2010-09-13, 12:28 AM
Mike thinks for a moment before speaking up again.

"See, that's where I feel you're wrong, dear. Yes, I may have grown up under the teaching of monogamous relationships, but I've learned, that's not how love works. Love isn't about the sex, or spending all your day with the person you love. It's about trust. Trust in knowing that they're around for you if you need it. Trust that they love you for who you are, not what you do for them, to them, or with them.

Erin, I fell in love with you for who you are. The way you always want to help people, and the way you can bring a smile to my face, even in the darkest times I face. I met a daughter of ours that seems to have turned out pretty good, sadly even though her father wasn't around like I should have been."

He sighs a bit, finding himself starting to fall off track.

"Erin, I love you. And I always will. I just want you to know that I can't force you, nor can I push you, to have to make a choice. If you still love me, then that's great. But if you love her too, then you know what, I truly am happy for you. But I can't tell you to choose one way or the other, because that's no longer how I feel that love works. Love can't be told what to do, it strikes us at its own choosing."

The Bushranger
2010-09-13, 12:33 AM
Erin listens intently, looking up at Mike as he speaks, her eyes searching his face. And nods slowly in agreement. [size=1]"I...thank you, love. And I do still love you. And I promised to be with you, 'till death do we part, and not just because of vows, but because of that love. But I also love Angela, and I promised her I'd never leave her. But she obviously hates you, or isn't willing to accept that I can love you both, or both, and...if I choose her, I'll lose you. If I choose you, I lose her. And I don't know what to do. But I do know that I love you..."

Kyrian
2010-09-13, 12:37 AM
His face, eyes especially, reveal that he speaks true to his own heart.

And there's more he wants to say, but with this moment, right now, he wants to kiss her instead. And so he'll attempt to do that instead.

The Bushranger
2010-09-13, 12:46 AM
And Erin allows it. Kissing back softly, almost nervously, yet lovingly.

Kyrian
2010-09-13, 03:22 PM
After the kiss, Mike holds Erin close. He's trying to find the right word to say, but it seems like every word just slips right out of mind.

The Bushranger
2010-09-13, 05:45 PM
Erin, meanwhile, rests her head against his chest, closing her eyes, and holding him tight. Still with her heart in turmoil, but, for the moment, finding comfort in his arms.

Kyrian
2010-09-14, 03:20 PM
Mike continues to hold her, rubbing her back lightly. He would love to tell her how much he missed this, but understands that now would not be the best moment for that. And so he silently continues on.

The Bushranger
2010-09-14, 03:32 PM
Erin, after awhile, looks up, her eyes still most.
"Thank you..." she whispers.

Kyrian
2010-09-15, 10:08 PM
"Welcome, beautiful."
Mike smiles warmly at her.

The Bushranger
2010-09-15, 10:13 PM
Erin smiles, and rests her head on Mike's shoulder, sighing gently.

Kyrian
2010-09-15, 10:16 PM
"I am glad you came, dear."

He holds her close.

The Bushranger
2010-09-17, 10:32 AM
"Me too," Erin whispers. "And...I'm so glad you're back..."

...and, sighing softly, after a minute, she seems to have fallen asleep in Mike's arms.

Kyrian
2010-09-18, 09:31 AM
Noticing that she has fallen asleep, Mike tries to carefully lift her up into his arms and stand, without waking her.

The Bushranger
2010-09-18, 11:01 AM
Erin murmurs in her sleep, but manages not to be woken, looking to be a bit restless in her slumber though. Dreams?

Kyrian
2010-09-20, 06:44 PM
And so Mike will carry her back to the bedroom and lay her in the bed. And from there, he will carefully tuck her in.

The Bushranger
2010-09-21, 12:32 AM
Erin stirs a bit when she's being tucked in.
"W'sh there were two of me..."

Kyrian
2010-09-27, 06:17 PM
"Not sure how the world would handle two of you babe."
Mike chuckles softly.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 09:49 PM
Erin giggles a little, and stirs in her sleep, looking abolutely adorable.

Kyrian
2010-09-27, 09:56 PM
Mike leans down and softly kisses her, as well as brushes some of her hair back behind her ear.

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:08 AM
Erin's smile grows a bit, and she relaxes more, instictively turning her head torwards his hand.

Kyrian
2010-09-30, 08:58 PM
Though of course, Mike is now thinking of the 'what if' of there being two Erin's. Kinda like telling someone not to think about the elephant, what do they think about?

The Bushranger
2010-10-02, 07:55 PM
The elephant has not left the building! :smalltongue:

...of course, the question is, is Mike thinking of 'two Erins, thus solving the problem' or 'two Erins, at the same time'? :smallamused:

The one Erin present, meanwhile, sleeps.

((Technically, that would make it four Erins. Since there's the one from Enup at the Temple of Iames now, and then there's Arina...))

Kyrian
2010-10-03, 07:04 PM
Two Erins at the same time! Duh!

Wait, no, that's not right.

He's thinking two Erins, hopefully solving the problem.

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 09:19 AM
Well, she could do that, too. Or three Erins. Or four... :smallamused::smalltongue:

...permament duplication, however would be best limited to two. All she has to do is find out where Nomlas stashed the Dup-o-Matic...

...but anyway, for the moment, Erin sleeps, a little restlessly.

Kyrian
2010-10-05, 09:34 PM
That many Erin's in that nature...Mike might not survive...

He does however though gently brush Erin's cheek as she tries to sleep.

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 09:39 PM
:smalltongue:

Erin smiles a little, although she still seems a bit restless in her sleep...

Kyrian
2010-10-06, 06:11 AM
Carefully, Mike climbs into bed beside her, and puts an arm around her as he notes the restlessness.

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 04:33 PM
And so, Erin sleeps, relaxing a little...but still with dreams, some she'd rather not have.

Kyrian
2010-10-14, 06:49 PM
((Sorry :( I find I have to really be in the right mood to try and do anything with Ryan's story))

Mike finally settles into a sleep.

The Bushranger
2010-10-14, 09:35 PM
((No worries. I totally know how that is.))

And Erin sleeps 'till morning.

Kyrian
2010-10-14, 10:21 PM
Where she'll find...Mike isn't there!

Cuz he's in the kitchen.

Making breakfast.

Being nice.

The Bushranger
2010-10-14, 10:28 PM
Erin sits up, and stretches, panicking for a moment before she smells breakfast cooking.

She changes into a nightgown, and heads for the kitchen quietly with a nervous smile.

Kyrian
2010-10-15, 06:38 AM
Mike has his back to her as he's cooking. There's already a nice stack of pancakes on a nearby plate, and it smells like he's working on the bacon.

The Bushranger
2010-10-15, 05:37 PM
"I've missed this..." Erin says softly, a green blush creeping into her cheeks as she slips into a chair at the table.

Kyrian
2010-10-15, 10:00 PM
"Me too..."

Mike starts to load a plate with the bacon.

The Bushranger
2010-10-15, 10:21 PM
Erin smiles, running a hand through her hair.
"I...had an idea. I'm not sure it would work, and it's possible it could...well, make things more awkward, but..."

Kyrian
2010-10-15, 10:44 PM
Mike raises an eyebrow as he takes the food over to the table.

"Oh."

The Bushranger
2010-10-15, 11:04 PM
"...do you remember the Dup-o-Matic?" Erin asks, grabbing a fork.

Kyrian
2010-10-21, 07:53 AM
Mike kisses Erin on the cheek before sitting down. He thinks about it for a moment,

"I believe so, though it's a little foggy... That's technically how you came to be, wasn't it?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-21, 11:12 PM
Erin blushes!
And smiles.
And nods.
"Yeah. Well, see, I was thinking...that if I duplicated myself permamently, that might be one way to, ah, solve the dilemma..."

Kyrian
2010-10-22, 07:17 AM
Mike thinks about it for a while.

"Dear, what's the catch?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-22, 10:15 AM
Aside from that Erin would be the only one left being sad?
Which to her isn't much of a drawback...

"It's possible it might not work," she admits.

Kyrian
2010-10-23, 08:50 AM
"I understand that catch, but I mean, what do we have to fight to get to it?"

Mike's grinning though, ready for the fight.

The Bushranger
2010-10-26, 11:24 AM
"Aw, dear, are you sure you're up to it?"

Erin grins back, and waves her hand dramatically.

"You might just have to fight...the Ghost of NOMLAS."

She pauses, thunder doesn't dramatically crash, and then she starts giggling.

"...seriously, I think vast piles of stuff in the HALO garage is what will have to be fought."

...of course, Jenny's used the thing since BR/Erin knows about it...

Kyrian
2010-10-26, 02:39 PM
Mike laughs as Erin answers,
"I'm in, if this is what you want."

The Bushranger
2010-10-27, 12:22 AM
"It is," Erin says with a nod. "Thanks, Mike..."

Kyrian
2010-10-27, 04:06 PM
"Live to serve, babe."

Mike chuckles and winks.

The Bushranger
2010-10-29, 10:31 PM
Erin ducks her head a little, smiling.
"So, um...I'm going to go talk to Angela about it. I think she'll agree..."

Kyrian
2010-11-03, 06:42 AM
Mike nods, taking a bite from a piece of bacon and thinking it over as he chews.

The Bushranger
2010-11-03, 12:06 PM
Erin takes a deep breath, and eats for a bit before speaking up again.
"...I'm glad you're back, love."

Kyrian
2010-11-14, 09:28 AM
"I'm glad to be back too."
Mike grins.

The Bushranger
2010-11-16, 12:44 PM
Erin smiles back, then stands, and steps over to give Mike quite possibly the biggest hug of his life.

Kyrian
2010-11-16, 04:22 PM
Mike sighs contently as he's suddenly hugged, and full force returns the hug.

The Bushranger
2010-11-18, 12:46 PM
Erin smiles as she holds the hug for as long - and for as tightly - as Mike wants it.

This might be awhile. :smallamused::smalltongue:

Kyrian
2010-11-18, 03:55 PM
Oh, it well could be. Mike's not planning on letting go anytime soon.

The Bushranger
2010-11-20, 09:33 PM
And neither is Erin!

In fact, she seems to be, if anything, hugging Mike tighter.

Kyrian
2010-11-21, 11:21 AM
"It's ok, Erin...I'm home."
Mike softly kisses her forehead.

The Bushranger
2010-11-24, 11:25 PM
"Thank you. I love you, Mike," Erin whispers, smiling and squeezing him tighter. "You have no idea how much I missed you..."

Kyrian
2010-11-25, 03:41 PM
"I love you too babe."

The Bushranger
2010-11-25, 11:55 PM
Erin, her cheeks flushing green, smiles, and leans her head up to gently kiss him.

Kyrian
2010-12-02, 04:43 PM
Mike's a little caught off guard but is happy to return her kiss.

The Bushranger
2010-12-02, 07:28 PM
And Erin holds it softly for as long as Mike's willing to do so.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 12:38 PM
After some time, Erin heads out...

...and awhile later, returns, looking the same, yet just a little...different, in her body language, perhaps.

Kyrian
2011-07-04, 01:34 PM
Out of all the memories I held, this place seemed to hold the most dominate memory. The last memory I held of this realm, there was a small cabin, a lake, and a mountainside in the distance. What became of the place since I'd last been here, who knows. I had a faint memory that I'd made this place, that I was able to shift it. But if my power held the key, who knows what would have happened with my absence.

I appeared, and looked around to see what time could have done.

The Bushranger
2011-07-04, 10:23 PM
There's...

Well, probably a bunch of cobwebs.

Perhaps a few big freaking spiders, too. Astral spiders, even.

There is a hint somebody's been here, though. The dust moved in a few places, but long ago...

Kyrian
2011-07-04, 10:32 PM
My gloved left hand starts to glow as I start to pick around, see if I can find some trace of anything. Which is a point that makes me chuckle slightly. I'm not even sure what I'd be looking for. Nor would I know if I found it.

The Bushranger
2011-07-04, 10:35 PM
Traces...

Well, there's slight traces on the desk.
They almost look like where tears might have fallen into the layer of dust, before more dust filled them in.

Kyrian
2011-07-04, 10:46 PM
The traces on the desk catch my eye, and I run a finger around it.

What could have happened here...

I see pictures of women, but there's so many and they go by so fast, I can't think of any names to go with faces.

The Bushranger
2011-07-04, 10:53 PM
There don't seem to be any other signs, although nearby, there is a picture in a frame. Dust everywhere, coating it too thickly to be told what it is.

Kyrian
2011-07-04, 10:59 PM
I can feel my blue eyes shift in color as I sit down at the desk. Reaching out towards the frame, I telekineticly pull the picture towards me, and repel all traces of dust from it.

The Bushranger
2011-07-04, 11:02 PM
The picture reveals...

A white-haired woman, young despite the color of her hair, with sparkling, unearthly blue eyes. She has her arm around a younger girl, who looks similar yet different, and clearly is treating the older woman as if she were her mother despite the difference in appearance...

The bottom of the frame reads "Erin and May".

There's also a yellowed piece of paper underneath where the picture was.

Kyrian
2011-07-04, 11:16 PM
Erin... Erin... Erin...

Just repeating the name in my head, I saw the white haired woman's face flash before me. Good, so I have a name to one of the faces. But I'm not getting anything about the other one.

I grab the note and try to see if it help me out at all.

The Bushranger
2011-07-04, 11:18 PM
The note reads like so:

I was hoping you'd be here. I miss you so much...

Do you remember my telling you about May? I found a picture of...before she left. I wanted to show it to you and bring you back home.

I hope you come back soon.

I love you.

Aeryn.

Kyrian
2011-07-04, 11:32 PM
I fold the note back up with a large sigh.

Aeryn. Erin... Where are you...

The Bushranger
2011-07-04, 11:52 PM
Alas, the note gives no clue as to her current whereabouts.

There is an address on the bottom of the sheet of paper, though. Only half of one due to a tear.

Kyrian
2011-07-05, 07:46 AM
I try to read as much of the address as I can. Maybe Erin knows something more about who I am. I have to figure this out, because all these pasts feel like they're closing in on me.

The Bushranger
2011-07-05, 05:22 PM
You're not paranoid if your past really is out to get you...

The address can be read barely enough to point to a certain address Inside.
That of the Emporium (although it does not say so).
dun Dun DUN!

Kyrian
2011-07-05, 07:01 PM
I grab my head as a memory flashes by so powerfully, I feel like my brain might explode. I see myself, holding my head in pain, in some kind of a building. I see Erin rushing to me, making sure I'm ok. I hear love in her voice...

My mind pounds, I both understand and don't understand what I'm seeing. Why I'm seeing it. I have no clue what's happening to me. I feel the energy of this realm surrounding me, pressing upon me. It hurts so much but I can't make it stop. Objects around me begin to be ripped apart, save for the note and picture, and there is a mess swirling around me. Finally I can't bear the pain any longer and I let loose a loud roar of pain. Energy bursts forth from every side and blinds the realm from all view.

When the flash of energy fades, Mike is gone. The realm is in ruins, the cabin destroyed, the forest, the lake, even the mountains have been torn apart by the energy he displaced.