PDA

View Full Version : [MAITP] Middle Ages in the Playground OOC

Executor
2010-08-24, 10:29 PM
So, I've had a story idea bouncing around in my head for a few weeks now, based on old medieval romances, and the old Celtic idea that a kingdom and it's king are supernaturally bound together. Here's my plot:

It is the year 1242 in the kingdom of Atra. One thousand, two hundred and forty two years since Artor the Crusader led his people across the Lost Road that once stretched across the Eastern Seas and founded the kingdom. Is is the tenth year of Eoden's reign on the Lion's Throne, two years since he crushed the mad rebel Vargas on the Panduran Marches, and his kingdom sits in an uneasy peace. The royal coffers have been depleted by campaign after campaign against both rebels and invaders. Two years of poor harvests have left the people starving and angry. The constant need for the nobles to send away their sons and knights to fight in the King's wars have led to whisperings of civil war across the Kingdom. It is the beginning of summer, tournament season in Atra, and all the lords and knights of the realm are competing for a position in the Royal Tournament to be held on the last day of August. The winner of the Royal Tournament shall be able to ask the King for one favour, any wish that is within the King's power to grant. A dangerous thing when there are those that wish to see Eoden removed from the Lion's Throne. And that wish is a dangerous one in the land of Atra, which is as deep with monsters and sorcery as the sea, and kept in check only by the bounds of loyalty that hold King, land and people together.

So yeah, that's my plot. It'd be a freeform where the players RP as knights of the kingdom, loyal to one feudal lord or another, fighting either for or against the king, all unaware of the dark forces that conspire to rip Atra apart. Or perhaps entirely aware of those dark forces, and in league with them. Or maybe even play as the dark things that pull the strings of this kingdom from behind the curtains.

Any takers? The setting and plot aren't concrete yet, so there's still a lot of imput you could put into this. It will be fairly realistic though, while maintaining the feeling of a medieval romance like Le Morte d'Arthur.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-25, 03:44 AM
Posting interest.

This looks like it have much potential and a knight tournament sounds like it will be tons of fun to play :smallsmile:

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-25, 12:07 PM
Definately interested in this proposal for a FFRP. How shall the Serfs fare?

Falgorn
2010-08-25, 12:11 PM
Also interested. Are the only knights allowed the European kind, or a Samurai, or maybe even the Spahi? (My question is: Are other counterparts to Knights in different parts of the world acceptable?)

Mina Kobold
2010-08-25, 12:53 PM
Also interested. Are the only knights allowed the European kind, or a Samurai, or maybe even the Spahi? (My question is: Are other counterparts to Knights in different parts of the world acceptable?)

Now we're asking questions, will there be the possibility of women, serfs and common folk entering the tournament?

I assume that the phrase 'Sons and knights' mean that only noblemen are allowed to participate but a wish from the king is a big thing and at least a few might be able to cheat their entrance to the tournament.

Executor
2010-08-25, 03:39 PM
Keveak: A few, given some stolen gear and a whole lot of luck, might be able to fake noble birth and get into the tournament Knight's Tale-style, but I'm intending to play this RP as fairly realistic, so there'll be no medieval crowds singing We Will Rock You :smalltongue:

Falgorn: You might be able to play a Samurai or Spahi-equivalent who has traveled to Atra and ending up swearing his allegiance to an Atran lord for whatever reason. Using the Samurai example, you might RP a Ronin who has left his homeland to seek his fortune in Atra, and ended up as a liegeman of one of the Atran nobles. However, like I said to Keveak, this will be a fairly realistic RP when sorcery isn't involved, so don't have katanas slicing through greatswords, because it's not going to happen, haha.

Falgorn
2010-08-25, 04:38 PM
Keveak: A few, given some stolen gear and a whole lot of luck, might be able to fake noble birth and get into the tournament Knight's Tale-style, but I'm intending to play this RP as fairly realistic, so there'll be no medieval crowds singing We Will Rock You :smalltongue:

Falgorn: You might be able to play a Samurai or Spahi-equivalent who has traveled to Atra and ending up swearing his allegiance to an Atran lord for whatever reason. Using the Samurai example, you might RP a Ronin who has left his homeland to seek his fortune in Atra, and ended up as a liegeman of one of the Atran nobles. However, like I said to Keveak, this will be a fairly realistic RP when sorcery isn't involved, so don't have katanas slicing through greatswords, because it's not going to happen, haha.

A valid point, but I do plan on roleplaying a knight realistically. Which obviously means him being able to shoot holy fire out of his eyes.

In all seriousness, I realize that this will have to be realistic, so no katanas cutting people in half. For now.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-25, 04:52 PM
Could you give details on the Religon of Atra?

Executor
2010-08-25, 07:03 PM
It's sort of a blend of mono and polytheism, based around the worship of the Powers of Heaven. The only actual God in the Atran belief is the Creator-King of Heaven, also known as the Creator or the High Power. In addition to the Creator-King are the numerous lesser Powers, who are still divine but function more like saints in real-world Christianity. The major ones are the Queen, the Champion, the Guards, the Shepherd and the Captain, each one the patron Power of a different realm of human life. The Shepherd, for example, is the patron of husbandry and agriculture, and so is paid special attention to by farmers, shepherds, goatherds, etc. The Captain, on the other hand, is patron of the sea, lakes and rivers, and so is high in the prayers of sailors and fishermen. Religious offerings in Atra consist of animal sacrifice. A proper sacrifice is either a sheep, goat or ox, these being the sacred animals of the High Power, fully drained of blood, blessed by the local Priest and then burnt. The titles in the Church of the Powers are derived from real world Orthodox Christian titles, with the Atran equivalent of bishop being Patriarch, and the Patriarch of the whole kingdom being the High Patriarch, who resides in the capital of Artoria with the King. The capital of each of the dukedoms that make up Atra (of which there are 12) has a sanctuary in it, where the dukedom's Patriarch resides, sanctuaries being something like our cathedrals.

And that's about all I've worked out so far on religion. Any suggestions?

DoomITP
2010-08-25, 08:42 PM
This sounds awesome! I will join if you do not mind.

Executor
2010-08-25, 09:47 PM
The more the merrier! Any imput about the setting or plot? We're still in the brainstorming stage here.

Cracklord
2010-08-25, 09:53 PM
Could I play a schemeing noble/courtesan, a insane priest, or something less conventional?

Executor
2010-08-25, 10:00 PM
Any of those are options! I'd be interested in any of them, since what you proposed worked well with my plans for a main villain.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-26, 09:24 AM
For the religon, is there an anti-thesis to the Creator, a Destroyer or Devil figure in it?

Mina Kobold
2010-08-26, 11:02 AM

Does that mean I can't have a nutjob Troubadour following my knight around and playing Classical Metal on a lute?

Purple, then I have to find old and enjoyable music to base it on instead.

Everybody know you can't have a knight without at least one kind of badass/silly music being played wherever he go, it's a rule :smalltongue:

Falgorn
2010-08-26, 11:09 AM
Also, along with the religion, are there any pilgrimages? Or rites that one has to undergo to be formally accepted in the church?

Also, are there other, surrounding countries?

Maxios
2010-08-26, 12:43 PM
Perhaps I could play a knight with a code of honor, out to eradicate any evil he encounters?

Executor
2010-08-26, 12:48 PM
In order for a subdeacon to be ordained as a full deacon, the lowest rank of the clergy, he must undertake a pilgrimage to visit the High Sanctuary in Artoria, there to fast and pray for two days, and once he has accomplished this, he receives the High Patriarch's blessing and is received as a full member of the Church of the Powers.

As for the Devil figure, there are two: The Prince and the Witch. The Prince was originally a Power of great good, the son of the Creator-King and His Queen, but he succumbed to envy when he saw how Humanity revered his father over him, and he fell into darkness. He's basically a corrupted Jesus Christ figure. The Witch, on the other hand, is pure evil, the root of all wickedness, it was she who seduced the Prince, both literally and figuratively, into revealing the World to her when it was young, just after it had been created, and allowed evil to be released into it. And from their union, every evil beast and monster that plagues humanity was born.

Yes, there are surrounding countries to the south and west, but I haven't done any work on them yet, so I'm entirely open to suggestions.

And yes, Maxios, that would work admirably.

Maxios
2010-08-26, 12:51 PM
Yes! Go knights! I'll give him a long sword and and a shield, and perhaps maybe a castle, because knights in medieval times were usually owners of castles.

Executor
2010-08-26, 12:56 PM
Lords were usually the owners of castles, a simple knight would have a fortified manor though, that I suppose could be considered a castle.

Maxios
2010-08-26, 12:56 PM
Yes! That'll be my character's starting location.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-26, 01:55 PM
Yes! Go knights! I'll give him a long sword and and a shield, and perhaps maybe a castle, because knights in medieval times were usually owners of castles.

A long sword requires two hands and is pretty useless in most tournament games (lancing, sword and shield on horseback, it would work for duels though)

Knights owning castles? You are aware that for each house of nobility there could be almost a hundred knights, right? We don't have that many castles in Europe.

In fact, my country has less than five. All of them belonged to kings too.

No offence meant, just history-geekiness :smallsmile:

Falgorn
2010-08-26, 04:23 PM
A long sword requires two hands and is pretty useless in most tournament games (lancing, sword and shield on horseback, it would work for duels though)

I thought that long swords were known for their versatility. I thought that, while one could put more power into their blow using two hands, it wasn't necessary to use both hands. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Cracklord
2010-08-26, 04:29 PM
You're thinking of bastard swords. Can't use a two handed sword in one hand unless you're built like Conan the Barbarian. And even then they'd be slow. Knights preferred to use a sword and shield. If they have to go two hands on you, well a mace is a much more effective weapon.

If I go the courtesan then I'll be a beautiful, twenty three year old (convenient) widow who wants to find a new husband. I'll probably also be a total bitch, as that's the only way to get that sort of character to work.
If I go the scheming noble, then I'll be something like eleventh in line for the throne. I'll probably have some sort of deformity (thank you Shakespeare), and be trying to 'work my way up succession'.
If either of them are too hard to work out, I'll play a fanatical knight templar sort of guy.

Morty
2010-08-26, 04:30 PM
I thought that long swords were known for their versatility. I thought that, while one could put more power into their blow using two hands, it wasn't necessary to use both hands. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

As far as I know, longswords could be used with one hand on horseback. On foot, they were too long for that.
As for the game itself, I'll give it a shot. If possible, I'll play a mercenary who works for whoever pays the most, be they feudal lords or anyone else. He'll have no wish to become a king himself - but he will attempt to be the new king's right hand or at least trusted advisor and general. He'll also dabble in sorcery.

Cracklord
2010-08-26, 04:32 PM
My scheming nobel offers to make you a knight, then wed his niece to you, giving you a title, a considerable bit of land, legitimacy and constant source of income. :smallwink:

Eadin
2010-08-26, 06:32 PM
This looks really cool
Very interested
Maybe I could play some sort of evil force..like morgaine in the arthurian legends

Executor
2010-08-26, 06:51 PM
I already have plans for the main force of evil in this land, who will be NPCs that I will control, however you could RP as some kind of evil character.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-26, 06:59 PM
-Nudges Executor over to the Freeform thread- :smalltongue:

You'll probably find some more people over there.

Eadin
2010-08-27, 04:14 AM
I already have plans for the main force of evil in this land, who will be NPCs that I will control, however you could RP as some kind of evil character.

yeah, sorry
That's what I meant
Like one of their followers

Morty
2010-08-27, 07:35 AM
My scheming nobel offers to make you a knight, then wed his niece to you, giving you a title, a considerable bit of land, legitimacy and constant source of income. :smallwink:

Sounds good... unless someone else makes a more compelling offer. :smallamused:

Falgorn
2010-08-27, 07:45 AM
You're thinking of bastard swords. Can't use a two handed sword in one hand unless you're built like Conan the Barbarian. And even then they'd be slow. Knights preferred to use a sword and shield. If they have to go two hands on you, well a mace is a much more effective weapon.

As far as I know, longswords could be used with one hand on horseback. On foot, they were too long for that.

Darn it, Elder Scrolls! You have lied to me!

Hmm...so would a Crusader-ish knight be acceptable? You know, one that destroys the heretics? Whomsoever they may be?

Morty
2010-08-27, 07:49 AM
Using tabletop and computer RPGs as a source of information about medieval weaponry is generally a bad idea. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-08-27, 08:05 AM
Sounds good... unless someone else makes a more compelling offer. :smallamused:

Come to me and I'll beat it. I have my resources, my talents, and they do not include swinging a sword.
That's what you're for.

Falgorn
2010-08-27, 08:12 AM
Using tabletop and computer RPGs as a source of information about medieval weaponry is generally a bad idea. :smalltongue:

Bah, but you don't understand! I trusted it! And I was betrayed! :smalltongue:

Obviously, I was incorrect to trust a video game for actual weaponry knowledge.

So, another background question: Is there some sort of Inquisition going on right now?

Neknoh
2010-08-27, 08:21 AM
I'm putting down my interest here.

On the topic of weapons:

Straight swords weren't as frequently used on horseback as people want to make them out to be, they are an iconic knight weapon, but, more times than not, they were wedge shaped rather than board-shaped if they were to be used on horseback.

Far more common weapons for horseback were axes with curved blades, morningstars/Flails (i.e. chain and ball atop a handle) and warhammers (NOT the oversized twohanded things we see in Braveheart, nor things as massive as what we see in, well, Warhammer).

The Warhammers were small with a pickaxe at its back and were excellent anti-armour weapons.

Axes and Flails were spectacular to use against infantry, since they wouldn't get stuck as easely as a straight sword and they benefit greatly from the added falling height.

Knights did often carry a sword in addition to these weapons though, but it was not always adapted for horseback combat.

Two handed swords were also really rather rare up until the era of pikewalls, when Doppelgäldners, often swizz or german mercenaries, armed with Zweihänder swords were at the fore of any infantry formation and payed twice the salary of others to smash aside and chop up pikes in addition to wreak havoc at the front line.

As said before, swords were, for the most part, used onehanded, several could be gripped with two hands though, so that you would not be useless should you have to drop your shield. But yeah, either completely one handed or one-and-a-half handed swords were the norm.

Morty
2010-08-27, 08:53 AM
Come to me and I'll beat it. I have my resources, my talents, and they do not include swinging a sword.
That's what you're for.

If that's possible, my character will lead a band of cutthroats thugs competent freelance soldiers with him and he'll be more of a captain than a warrior. His weapon of choice will be the crossbow, but he'll be able to hold his own with a sword too.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-27, 11:31 AM
I think I'll play a peasant who managed to roll a twenty in Subterfuge, so to speak, and got into the tournament for whatever reason (toying with the idea of a poor village and/or sick/troubled sister)

It might be partially based on Disney's Aladdin, without magic genies of course, and have the aforementioned troubadour and a third character/pet to fill out the roles of the one who got them into the tournament and the conscience of the group respectively.

Sounds good? :smallsmile:

Maxios
2010-08-27, 12:50 PM
My knight will use a shortsword instead.

celtois
2010-08-27, 01:50 PM
Gah... short sword well being the right term brings up a terrible picture of a knight, it's not even the slightest bit menacing at all. Please call it an arming sword instead it means the same thing in medieval terms .

As: http://www.historicalweapons.com/swordsanddaggersterm.html

(Although, that link is more to provide a whole bunch of different sword names for people and explain them. I could have told you the arming sword one without it.)

Also I have a really good idea for a character but sadly no time to play him. Think a sort of robin hood only, more desperate. Upon hearing about the tournament they decide that they will threaten the final contestants with death, via crossbow, if they don't make their wish for the king to provide food for the poor starving villages.

Neknoh
2010-08-27, 02:02 PM
How unknightly of you vile highwayman! Sporting a weapon of such a low chivalrous value, I should cut you down where you stand!

:smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-08-28, 12:07 PM
FFRP Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166066) is up and stickied. Come in and say hi, and offer any suggestions you might have to improve it and make the first few posts Newbie friendly. :smallsmile:

Executor
2010-08-29, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the link Celtois. I suggest everyone brush up on their mid-Medieval swordsmanship and weapons terminology, because like it says in the title, I intend to play this off rather realistically, and the GM (me) won't hesitate to penalize those who try to do crazy anime-style stuff like cutting swords with other swords, or spins and flips and crap. That being said, I'll try to keep it fun as well :smallwink:

Speaking of title, anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking: Blood and Steel, but like with all aspects of this RP, I'm open to suggestions.

Also, is anyone here a good hand with MSPaint or Photoshop or a similar program? If so, would you be able to produce a map of some sort for this RP? I believe it would be quite useful to us, considering how often our characters will be traveling.

DoomITP
2010-08-29, 12:48 AM
My character will be a knight that uses heavy weapons. So the two handed claymore or maybe some kind of similar sword.

Maxios
2010-08-29, 01:20 AM
Perhaps my knight could early on encounter a group of highwaymen.

Morty
2010-08-29, 10:28 AM
"Blood and Steel" sounds decent enough. Other than than that, we could call it "The Age of Steel".

Neknoh
2010-08-29, 11:54 AM
Middle Ages for the quick and effective tag MAITP?

And then have fancy names for the threads on top of that.

[MAITP] Dawn of Swords/Age of Steel/Blood and Steel/Knights and Peasants

Falgorn
2010-08-29, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the link Celtois. I suggest everyone brush up on their mid-Medieval swordsmanship and weapons terminology, because like it says in the title, I intend to play this off rather realistically, and the GM (me) won't hesitate to penalize those who try to do crazy anime-style stuff like cutting swords with other swords, or spins and flips and crap. That being said, I'll try to keep it fun as well :smallwink:

Speaking of title, anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking: Blood and Steel, but like with all aspects of this RP, I'm open to suggestions.

Also, is anyone here a good hand with MSPaint or Photoshop or a similar program? If so, would you be able to produce a map of some sort for this RP? I believe it would be quite useful to us, considering how often our characters will be traveling.

I'm not particularly skilled in either, but I'd like to say I'm decent enough in Inkscape. I might be able to make a map, but probably not.

Is this country landlocked at all? Or does it have an ocean? Or is it an island?

Also, are there any restrictions to weapons the knight can use? I can understand firearms, but besides that? Could I use a coat of plates, or Maximillion full plate?

Executor
2010-08-29, 12:12 PM
Atra is almost a peninsula, with oceans to the north and east, and land to the west and south. A large mountain range runs along most of the northern coastline, and then curves south to make up Atra's western borders. A river from the centre of that mountain range runs east into an extremely large lake (think Lake Superior in size), which feeds another river which runs out to sea. A second river from the northern bend of those mountains also runs south into this lake. Near the river's end, it splits in two as it nears the sea, forming an island between the two branches of the river on either side, and the sea behind, and on that island is the city of Artoria, the capital of Atra. That's all the details I have so far.

As for tech, here's the quick and easy rule: If real life Europeans didn't have it in 1242 AD, we don't have it in this RP.

Cracklord
2010-08-29, 05:15 PM
Alright then. I'll stick with the scheming noble, methinks. Perhaps his first target could be a patron of one of the other knights.

Lord Ian Wulfric
Seventeenth in line for the throne, twenty fourth three years ago, but a succession of hunting accidents, bad food and unfortunate taste in women have plagued his competition. He is above suspicion of course.
He's an anemic, gaunt and wiry looking man, thin and seemingly with all the grace of an arthritic grandfather. This is misdirection, he can actually move fairly fast and smooth when he needs to. Such as slipping something into someone's drink...
He wears a simple robe and is a bit of a miser, disdaining to show his wealth. He keeps a hunting knife belted on his hip at all times. He's not particularly skilled with it, but as noted, he's fast, and he's good at sticking it in places you'd rather he didn't.
However, his only real power is his mind. He's good at seeing weaknesses, and knowing when to act on them.
He smokes. A pipe. It's his only real indulgence, he's got no taste for wine, rich food, or women. He's got a wife, who he married for political reasons, and a daughter, a pretty girl of seven who is the only person he seems to care about.
The closest thing he has to a friend is a steward, an old, efficient, unambitious man, the only one who's counsel he trusts. He keeps order on his estates by glorified bandits and cut throats/sell swords.
His greatest strength is that nobody really thinks of him as a threat.

Executor
2010-08-29, 06:10 PM
Very Richard III, I like it.

Cracklord
2010-08-29, 06:19 PM
Very Richard III, I like it.

Yeah, that's what I was going for.
Ahem.
Now is the winter of our discontent made Glorious Summer!

Maxios
2010-08-29, 06:22 PM
Hmmm...
Sir Maxios Korok
Sir Maxios is a knight, given his own fortified manor. He's chivarlous, and will eradicate any evil he encounters. He uses a one-handed longsword and a shield with a picture of a dragon on it. He's superstitious (though in this FFRP he really doesn't need to be). He wears plate armor and wears knight's helmet over his face. He has black hair and a black mustache.
He's athletic, is a master in tactics, and is a good fighter. He rides a white horse with a black mame he calls Ghost.
His manor is near the previously mentioned large lake. Twice a week, he rides into town to buy supplies and food and tell stories of his heroism in the local tavern. Why he buys so many supplies is unknown, but rumors tell of him going on a great exploration.

Falgorn
2010-08-30, 11:59 AM
Oh yeah, about the map, I can't make it, sorry. My parents told me that I can no longer download stuff on their computer, so...yeah. I hope I didn't get your hopes up. :smallfrown:

Morty
2010-08-30, 02:19 PM
Krzych Żyrowski

A mercenary from a faraway land. He doesn't speak much of his previous life, but one thing is clear - he's of common birth and holds nobles in low regard, only dealing with them because they're rich enough to afford his services. He worked his way to where he is now with his own wit, skill and strength and he's proud of it.
Dobigniew is a tall, wiry man with dark brown hair and short beard. His skin is tawny and scarred from many travels and battles. He has a grim expression that's hard to read. When in battle, he wears a cuir boulli - a vest of boiled leather over a suit of mail. When out of combat, he wears simple clothes leaving freedom of movement, he usually dons a short shirt of mail as well.
He is skilled with heavy falchion, which is his weapon of choice in hand-to-hand combat. However, he's much better with a crossbow.
Dobigniew also commands group of like-minded mercenaries with him. They're all hardened veterans - six of them are mounted fighters using lances and swords, ten are armed in tower shields, glaives and swords and finally, eight are skilled with heavy crossbows.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-30, 03:30 PM
Here's a write up for my character, hope it's not too long.

'Sir' Charles Cavalgar
A previously unknown nephew of one obscure Colin Cavalgar, nobleman of the Panduran Marches, who have now decided to join in the Royal Tournament to gain glory for his region. At least that is the story that Cavalgar's old troubadour George of the Lutt forged so that Karl O'Beor from a little village near Cavagar's region that was burned to the ground during one of the king's campaign could enter the Royal Tournament.
'Sir Charles' is a young man with ginger hair, dark eyes and a height and build fit for jousting and tourneying.
He rides a brown horse and generally wear the armour George had acquired from his old friends at Cavagar's court.
'Sir Charles' himself is a naive man believing in both honour and the king's goodness but considers George's advice valuable and the weight of his responsibilities to his friends and family even more important than anything else. Heaviest weighs the fact that his crippled sister is not likely to survive if they have to migrate without food or water for the winter.

Executor
2010-09-01, 01:24 AM
I'm liking the character concepts so far, all approved. I'll post some profiles of major NPCs later.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-01, 11:01 AM
I'm liking the character concepts so far, all approved. I'll post some profiles of major NPCs later.

Really? I thought mine might have been a bit too cliché but maybe I'm just a pessimist :smallsmile:

Executor
2010-09-01, 12:17 PM
Yeah, a bit, but no one ever said cliche was a bad thing :smallwink: As long as you don't rely on them too heavily

Falgorn
2010-09-02, 11:33 AM
Ah, and I've finally created a character.

Joshua Reev

A knight of noble origin, sent early in life to a monestary of knights (think Teutonic Knight-ish), Joshua quickly learned that only the obedient, the worthy, and the Godly survived. He learned that there was no lenience for foreign devils, for non-believers, and for enemies of the King.
A combat-hardened knight, he wields an uchigatana, obtained during a raid against a foreign town. He found the weapon to be more effective than his simple steel arming sword, so he stole it. Simple as that. He also has a steel spear, but he rarely uses it, finding his aforementioned sword to be more reliable than a spear.
Joshua is driven to combat by an insatiable bloodlust, which he hides, using 'holiness' as a cover. He's also very greedy, but by no means a glutton. He finds that deer and wine taste good, but he has no worship over them. He does love gold, though. Gold, silver, and anything else that sparkles in the sunlight, for that matter.
Joshua decided to join in merriment and fun of the tournament, merely for the fact that he could not only sate his need for combat, but he could have nearly all the gold in the land if he won.

Lillith
2010-09-02, 12:04 PM
I'm interest. Couple of char questions though. Can I play:
- A woman
- An archer
- A lady noble turned knight by acting like she's a guy (aka, ran away from home, nobody knows who she is, blablabla)
?

Mina Kobold
2010-09-02, 01:11 PM
I'm interest. Couple of char questions though. Can I play:
- A woman
- An archer
- A lady noble turned knight by acting like she's a guy (aka, ran away from home, nobody knows who she is, blablabla)
?

I think I can give a semi-response to that.

- No rule saying you can't
- Can't answer this but I imagine they are not allowed to participate in a Tournament of Knights unless they use a sword
- I asked about this earlier and the answer was that a few of these types could enter the tournament but not many. It's currently just mine so I don't see why not :smallsmile:

Cracklord
2010-09-03, 01:37 AM
So how many characters are we looking for?

Executor
2010-09-03, 02:39 AM
I'm not too sure. We have five currently, I think eight would be the best for starting the RP. Oh, and here's a profile for the main NPC you guys are going to be dealing with, a Gandalf-type figure, of sorts.

Sir Durand Conran

Little is known about Sir Durand Conran. What is known is that, since the rule of old King Caroden, King Eoden's great-great grandfather, there has been a knight in the royal court named Sir Durand Conran, and he has never appeared to age even a day. For over a hundred years, since the reign of Caroden, Sir Conran has always appeared to be a man in his early 30s, with steel-grey eyes and jet black hair, standing two inches over six feet. And for over a hundred years, the mysterious Sir Conran has served as the marshal of the even more mysterious Aelarim, the Knights of the Lion, the King's personal bodyguard of one hundred battle-hardened knights. It was Durand and the Aelarim that saved Eoden's life on the third day of battle on the Panduran Marches, forming a ring around the fallen king when his charge carried him too deep within the rebel lines and he was unhorsed and knocked unconcious. Despite saving his life though, Eoden has become suspicious of the Aelarim in recent months, as smiling black-garbed functionaries become a more and more common sight at the troubled court of King Eoden, and Sir Conran spends more and more time away from his King's side.

Durand typically wears a hauberk of mail, with a surcoat over top, belted around the waist. His surcoat is white, with a red heraldric lion's head on the chest. He is armed with an arming sword of high quality steel, with the pommel cleverly wrought to resemble a lion's head, almost identical to the one on his surcoat, as the lion's head is the symbol of the Aelarim. He rides much more often in the kingdom these days than in previous years, and on his treks he rides upon a dark brown gelding, wearing a dark brown hood and cloak.

Profiles for the King, and one of our more prominent villains will follow soon. As for the archer, woman and lady knight ideas: Yes, yes and yes, but the archer will be forced to use lance and sword if they enter the tournaments.

Cracklord
2010-09-03, 02:53 AM
Can we play NPC's associated with our characters? Like, squires, seneschals, captain of our guards, ect.?

Executor
2010-09-03, 03:22 AM
Of course, of course!

super dark33
2010-09-03, 03:33 AM
wait wait wait,
a collapsing kingdom?
a civil war?
Dark n Evil forces unseen?

im on to destr.. er fight for the kingdom! as a Dark knight that is not batman!

Cracklord
2010-09-03, 04:00 AM
wait wait wait,
a collapsing kingdom?
a civil war?
Dark n Evil forces unseen?

im on to destr.. er fight for the kingdom! as a Dark knight that is not batman!

Care for a scheming noble patron?

super dark33
2010-09-03, 04:31 AM
kind of.
finaly, a chance to be EVIL and win!

Cracklord
2010-09-03, 05:05 AM
That's pretty common on this site actually.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-03, 11:49 AM
Care for a scheming noble patron?

Not saying you can't play a scheming noble but you might want to look at Lord Ian Wulfric, our current scheming noble.

Just trying to make sure everybody have fun without stepping on each other's toes :smallsmile:

Falgorn
2010-09-03, 03:01 PM
Not saying you can't play a scheming noble but you might want to look at Lord Ian Wulfric, our current scheming noble.

Just trying to make sure everybody have fun without stepping on each other's toes :smallsmile:

Psst...
He IS Lord Ian Wulfric.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-03, 03:41 PM
Psst...
He IS Lord Ian Wulfric.

Sorry, lack of sleep and a lot of posts from new people (not just here) made me kinda miss that.

Sorry :smallredface:

Now on to make funnier mistakes *scurries off in a boat*

super dark33
2010-09-04, 09:29 AM
wait, my name is ian wulfrik?
does it have to stay that way or i can change it?

Morty
2010-09-04, 09:36 AM

:smallconfused: Um, no. Ian Wulfric is Cracklord's character.

super dark33
2010-09-04, 09:51 AM
so maybe ill be the evil prince dude guy?

and i red about ian wulfric.
hes not me, i got taste of good food! and women!

Mina Kobold
2010-09-04, 10:51 AM

I quoted Cracklord, didn't notice and was informed who it was.

You weren't even mentioned...

I knew the clothes were messing with reality, knew it!

Don't think there's rule against it but Executor has the final say in that.

On another note: your spelling and grammar is weird, coming from the guy who use 'Hans Christian Andersen's hat hair' as a curse that says a lot.

Morty
2010-09-05, 01:51 PM
So, when can we expect an IC thread? I think we might as well start, and maybe more players will show up when they see an IC thread.

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-06, 08:28 AM
All right, here's my character:

"The Bastard" Kain Siward

Kain's father was a noble by name of Ulrich Siward, a lecher of the worst kind. He raped many of his servant girls, enjoying the pleasure and power he had while doing so, his wife knew and was disgusted by him, but revealed it to no one. One of the servants, by name of Isabel, became pregnant with the Lord's child, and he feared the scandal that would ensure if the child were born, as she had no husband. With mad exagerrations in his head, he had the girl locked away in the dungeons till she gave birth, and when she did, he ordered some servants to dispose of the child, deep into the forest near his manor. The boy, abandoned as a babe, sure to die in this forest, didn't, for something wicked in those woods discovered him. Servants of the witch, specifaclly a hag and her daughters, raised him as a warrior to seek vengeance for the fate Ulrich had planned for him. After seventeen years of living in the woods, killing knights sent to hunt the hags, and learning the ways of combat, he ventured to the Siward Manor, wearing the armor of the dead knights. He called out that he would avenge himself and his mother for what Ulrich did to them, and then proceeded to defeat kill Ulrich's son Ulrich II, several knights loyal to Ulrich, and then Ulrich himself (who was hacked to pieces). He claimed the manor as his own, found his mother Isabel and elevated her from squalor, and now plans to repay his debt to the witches by doing as they command him. Their command was a simple one, kill the king.

super dark33
2010-09-06, 09:29 AM
hmmmm.... maybe ill make myself a charecter with a backstory like he made.

Dreavos Wearlock*

Dreavous was born to a princess, but his father, is not royalty. at a night, his father, a hot young blacksmith, recieved an invatation from unknown source.he came to the place and found out that it was the princess who invited him to a secret location. after a few monthes the princess discoverd she is pregrent, but because she know that if her father will find out, he would kill the baby she wanted to find a place that her father wont be able to find. after a few unfortanate events**, the baby was transported to the kingdom of the Prince of Darkness.
the prince spared the little boy and trained him to knighthood (of evil)
now, not knowing his true parents (but dont care about it), Dreavos Wearlock
is a Knight, and he was sent by the prince to be a spy on the lands, as a knight from a far kingdom.
He is a Killing machine, but has weakness for hot women,good food,good wine and is allergic to somthing he dont know yet....

*not the DnD class, its 'decieve truth' in ancient english.

**dont ask

Mina Kobold
2010-09-06, 10:47 AM
*not the DnD class, its 'decieve truth' in ancient english.

Don't take this bad but my history geek side is compelling me to inform you that there is no ancient version of English.

The ancient period ended before England got it's name and the Anglo-Saxons invaded, the oldest language we qualify as English is Old English in the early middle ages if I recall correctly. And now you know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc) :smalltongue:

Otherwise all problems I see with it are the 'Prince of Darkness' part but my character has clichés worse than that :smallsmile:

super dark33
2010-09-06, 10:55 AM
I call 'the prince of darkness' that way because thats what he claims!
hes in a rather unknown kingdom seeking for power, and i want somone to make a backstory and personality for him

UncleWolf
2010-09-06, 12:05 PM
Krzych Żyrowski

A mercenary from a faraway land. He doesn't speak much of his previous life, but one thing is clear - he's of common birth and holds nobles in low regard, only dealing with them because they're rich enough to afford his services. He worked his way to where he is now with his own wit, skill and strength and he's proud of it.
Dobigniew is a tall, wiry man with dark brown hair and short beard. His skin is tawny and scarred from many travels and battles. He has a grim expression that's hard to read. When in battle, he wears a cuir boulli - a vest of boiled leather over a suit of mail. When out of combat, he wears simple clothes leaving freedom of movement, he usually dons a short shirt of mail as well.
He is skilled with heavy falchion, which is his weapon of choice in hand-to-hand combat. However, he's much better with a crossbow.
Dobigniew also commands group of like-minded mercenaries with him. They're all hardened veterans - six of them are mounted fighters using lances and swords, ten are armed in tower shields, glaives and swords and finally, eight are skilled with heavy crossbows.

With permission, he also has one other asset.

Erasmus Losthold

Erasmus is a fairly tall man at just under six feet, but is more than a little skinny, emaciated really. His skin is pale and he looks half starved under his dark rags. He has medium length dark brown hair and steely gray eyes. He rarely speaks, and won't tell of how he met the Captain, though his demeanor suggests that it wasn't the friendliest of encounters. He was once a beggar, living and fighting for the tiny scraps of food in alleyways or the torn piece of cloth that could help keep him warm to survive the winter. His weapons are simple long daggers, kept extremely sharp and coated in a numbing toxin, made to slow and weaken his prey.

He serves as Kyrzch's assassin, infiltrator and scout.

((Yes, this means I'm posting interest :smallbiggrin:))

Mina Kobold
2010-09-06, 12:18 PM
I call 'the prince of darkness' that way because thats what he claims!
hes in a rather unknown kingdom seeking for power, and i want somone to make a backstory and personality for him

Who want others to call him the prince of darkness? As if diplomacy wasn't difficult enough he is now directly telling everybody that he's evil :smalltongue:

He's your character, why don't you want to make his backstory and personality?

Cracklord
2010-09-06, 08:24 PM
So, when are we starting this?

and i red about ian wulfric.
hes not me, i got taste of good food! and women!

Then more the fool you. Such things weaken you. Make you soft. Make you depend on them. Cloud the mind and judgement. Slacken muscles, and interfere with more important things. Never let anyone have domain over your body or mind. Not women, not pleasures, nothing. Because they weaken you.
Weakness is death. I do not allow myself the luxury of weakness.
That's the problem with this country. The creeping softness. Weak men, too caught up in their pleasures to take action, to step up and be leaders. They have to go, before they bring the good name of this country into the filth with them.

Lord Ian Wulfric
Seventeenth in line for the throne, twenty fourth three years ago, but a succession of hunting accidents, bad food and unfortunate taste in women have plagued his competition. He is above suspicion of course.
He is wed to Isabelle Wulfric, a woman who was a considerable scandal to her father after a succession of lovers, and despaired of ever wedding her. Ian married her for the pragmatic reason it moved him four places closer to the throne. As he doesn't care all that much beyond that, he married her for strictly political reasons, she has continued to indulge herself. He also has a daughter, a pretty girl of seven who is the only person he seems to care about, although he somewhat doubts his own role in her conception.
He's an anemic, gaunt and wiry looking man, thin and seemingly with all the grace of an arthritic grandfather. This is misdirection, he can actually move fairly fast and smooth when he needs to. Such as slipping something into someone's drink...
He wears a simple brown robe, disdaining to show his wealth bar his signet and his chain of office. He keeps a hunting knife belted on his hip at all times. He's not particularly skilled with it, but as noted, he's fast, and he's good at sticking it in places you'd rather he didn't. he was a fair archer in his youth, and enjoyed hunting, though he had little real talent for it.
However, his only real power is his mind. He's good at seeing weaknesses, and knowing when to act on them.
He smokes. A pipe. It's his only real indulgence, he's got no taste for wine, rich food, clothes or women. He keeps dogs and horses, like many nobles, but has no real attachment to them, not even bothering to name them.
He also has forests on his estate, and does business with he bandits there. His estates are efficient and well managed, with ten manors and holdfasts. Three are currently empty, and he would be happy to fill them as a bribe to those he feels he can use.
The closest thing he has to a friend is a steward, an old, efficient, unambitious man, the only one who's counsel he trusts. He also has a captain who was a sellsword and formerly his bodyguard, who he appreciates, as if he dies he knows that the sellsword will find himself without a patron and at least one mans tears will be real. He keeps order on his estates by glorified bandits and cut throats/sell swords.
His greatest strength is that nobody really thinks of him as a threat. They will learn.

super dark33
2010-09-07, 07:49 AM
ok here you go;
a scheming noble from far whos name is:
The prince of darkness/The prince of Dorkness/Jimmy
he have no personality, he suck at being evil and he does evil because he think it will give him power to conquer the world

Executor
2010-09-07, 01:01 PM
Super dark33, I don't think you're really putting any effort into this character, nor are you really grasping that this world isn't so much black and white morality as it is various lighter and darker shades of grey, much like the real world. As such, your character is not approved. It's nothing personal, I just don't think the others will have much fun when they put effort into their characters, and you don't seem to.

Everyone else, your characters are approved. I should have the IC thread posted later today, or tomorrow morning, depending on how some personal business works out today.

super dark33
2010-09-07, 02:35 PM
i know, i made him in a second.
but thats pretty much who he is! i didnt want to think about a background,i want to think about his purpose in the game!

and weakness to good food is when you see a good food,you are unable to focus on somthing

Morty
2010-09-07, 02:36 PM
i know, i made him in a second.
but thats pretty much who he is! i didnt want to think about a background,i want to think about his purpose in the game!

Well, if your character can be summed up in "he's evil but bad at it", how can we expect him to be roleplayed in an interesting and fun way?

super dark33
2010-09-07, 02:38 PM
no, he isnt my charecter. my charecter is Dreavos Wearlock (look above)

Mina Kobold
2010-09-07, 02:49 PM
no, he isnt my charecter. my charecter is Dreavos Wearlock (look above)

He's a character, you created him.

That makes him your responsibility.

With great responsibility comes great cheesyness :smalltongue:

super dark33
2010-09-07, 02:51 PM
That makes him your responsibility.

With great responsibility comes great cheesyness :smalltongue:

i hope its not a swiss cheese, holes in responsabillity are bad...

Executor
2010-09-07, 08:48 PM
I PM'd the info for this FFRP universe to happyturtle. Our thread tag will be MAITP, standing for Middle Ages in the Playground. I'm currently typing out the first post for our first IC thread.

EDIT: It is posted. Like Cracklord did with WoR, I'll wait until most of our players get a post in before doing an update.

super dark33
2010-09-08, 04:02 AM
finnaly the game starts!

Executor
2010-09-09, 01:52 AM
I hate to say it, super dark, but your character was not approved, and you blatantly disregarded that, and because of that, I will not post any updates for your character. If you write up a new profile, and it passes muster, I will be happy to include you in our game, but until that time, please don't post in our IC thread.

super dark33
2010-09-09, 05:16 AM
how can i approve it?

and is duke Damorak is a reference to Zamorak?

Mina Kobold
2010-09-09, 07:29 AM
how can i approve it?

and is duke Damorak is a reference to Zamorak?

You don't.

Executor approves those characters he think are done well and fit the game, those not approved are will be ignored.

He just didn't think you put much effort into it *shrug*

super dark33
2010-09-09, 08:18 AM
very well.
i done my best and i was ignored.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-09, 08:49 AM
very well.
i done my best and i was ignored.

You can always make another character :smallsmile:

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-09, 09:57 AM
Hmmm... Interested, for now. See how this goes. I don't have a fully fleshed character yet, though. My first idea would be a conniving courtesan (original usage of the word, not the... later usage). She'll be trying to manipulate the knights, because the prospect of one 'wish' from the king is too juicy to pass up. Intelligent, classy, but superstitious and prone to megalomania and pettiness, which she will inevitably take out on her attendants. May or may not harbor a secret desire to be 'Queen of Everything.' Because she fully deserves it, donchanow!
No name as of yet, but rest assured any character I make, ambitious courtesan or not will have a name starting with 'K'. Really, did you expect anything else from me?

Executor
2010-09-09, 02:27 PM
Anyways, has everyone playing gotten a first post in yet? I'd like to have everyone posted before I do an update.

Morty
2010-09-09, 03:45 PM
Cracklord hasn't posted yet.
And it sounds like a cool character, Kris.

super dark33
2010-09-09, 03:46 PM
Do i HAVE to make a background for my charecter?
i just want to play!

Artemis97
2010-09-09, 03:53 PM
I'm finally posting my interest in the game here, and would like a little more information on the foreign regions of the world we're playing in. I think I would like to play a foreign woman, because there seems to be a severe lack of ladyfolk in this game and a girl has to stand up for her gender, right?

*cough*

Dont' be scared, boys, I know the medieval times was a man's world and they get to do all the fun stuff, but I thought playing a woman in this setting would be interesting, especially one from another culture entirely.

If there's not a lot of information on the rest of the world available, I'll probably use real world guidelines to make things. I'm looking at anywhere from the middle east to asia, might blend a few things if I'm alowed.

Thanks,
Art

Mina Kobold
2010-09-10, 05:10 AM
Do i HAVE to make a background for my charecter?
i just want to play!

This is role-playing among geeks and History enthusiasts, I'm afraid.

We like making back-stories and personalities for our characters, that's what role-playing is about.

I'm sorry if that isn't for you but it's just how we do :smallsmile:

Neknoh
2010-09-11, 05:31 PM
Alright, since we have knights and lords and even women, if figure there is still one thing missing.

Name: Daewulf
Heritage: None that he knows of himself

Origins:
Daewulf, named after the wolf that perpetually chases the sun in children's rhymes (which some take to be an ancient name of the moon, though these are but rumours as of now), was born the one and only son of a poverty stricken woman in the slums of Ashel.

Spending his days tending for his mother, who kept on harping about the great deeds he would carry out, and all because of this one thing she kept on mentioning "you're of the blood!". He never knew what she meant, he probably never will, and he has never had the time to think of this mysterious statement all that much. A stray job there, a theft there, a night sold when food was scarce... his life was not as happy as one might think a beautiful boy.

For he is beautiful, his face is fair and his skin is soft, pale even, his hair falls straight and silken, a chestnut brown in its colour, he has oft been asked by ladies of less questionable honour to come work with them, that they would help him find a good place in this world, he has always refused, at least to stay for long. His beauty have not always brought him good things though, and at least once every few days, his mother would pad his wounds with a rag soaked in sour wine, telling him he deserved better, and that those other kids were naught but jealous.

However, through this darkness, this need to help his mother, this lack of food, this growing hatred for his own face, Daewulf found one thing that lit the way for him, the gleaming swords and shining song of the battlefields. He never truly left home, he would run away, and follow the knights until about a day or two away from Ashel, but after that, he'd be sent home, and he truly did miss that of sorts. As he grew older however, knights would start to take a liking to this strange child, and teach him if he asked them, if only for a moment or two, or tell him stories, and, at the age of 13, he rode out on his first campaign.

Now, he is returning, his own chestplate, scarred after battle, a spear across his back, a longsword hanging from his sadle, its metal neatly kept clean, it is almost white in the mid day sun, and far less scarred than the armingsword by his side. His shield is freshly made, the old one was split down the middle as several battles finally took its toll on the worn wood when he fell off his horse during a thunderstorm. His heraldry, at least what little he has on his shield, is that of a pale moon.

He is not an outstanding legend, he is not a noble, but after these past three years, he is no longer a mere street urchin, his beauty have grown, and likewise his skill, and the respect he commands from the people he fought with, maybe, just maybe, his mother was not all wrong when she spoke of what he would become.

super dark33
2010-09-14, 03:58 PM
I have been thinking:

as there are monsters in the MAITP universe, does that mean i can play as a dragon? (yknow, the kind which befrainds a knight)

Falgorn
2010-09-14, 07:21 PM
I have been thinking:

as there are monsters in the MAITP universe, does that mean i can play as a dragon? (yknow, the kind which befrainds a knight)

There are monsters? :smallconfused:

Also, since I think this is geared towards realism, I don't think you can have a dragon.
Sorry. (Of course, it's up to Executor).

Also, sorry for my slow updates. I've been running Cross Country, and it's...kept me busy.

Cracklord
2010-09-14, 07:33 PM
Sorry about my poor posting scheme, I've been very busy. I should pick up...
soonish.

Executor
2010-09-17, 04:45 AM
Sorry for the slowness of updates, but I have a new job and I'm quite busy with it. However, tomorrow I have a short shift, so I should get an update out tomorrow :smallsmile:

Neknoh
2010-09-17, 11:23 AM
But is my character aproved? XD

Executor
2010-09-18, 06:45 PM
All I have to ask is that you make him a little bit older (19-21), and perhaps change his origins to that of a more middle class background, from a merchant family perhaps. That would make his transition from street lad to warrior a tad bit more believable.

Other than those suggested changes, approved :smallsmile:

Neknoh
2010-09-19, 05:12 PM
Argh, you're putting me in a difficult spot, since it's the possibly-imposed-street-urchin background that makes him interesting to me. You find it too unbelievable a street urchin could go to war and survive long enough to start gaining some skill and proper pay and spoils?

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-19, 07:22 PM
Executor, you missed a response for Kain Siward.

Executor
2010-09-19, 07:33 PM
If you wish to RP a street urchin turned warrior, you might be able to work it in as a street urchin who was adopted as a page by a knight while he was young. The parents of poor families would often give up their children for adoption in such a way, and it was an uncommon but by no means impossible occurance for knights to take in some of such boys as pages and squires. This would give him a 'foot in the door', so to speak, for moving on to the greater wealth and skill level that you describe him at now :smallsmile:. He'd still have to be older though, most squires were knighted in the ages from 17 to 21 from what I've determined.

Neknoh
2010-09-21, 04:00 PM
Then I think we do have a deal me friend, I'll do the changes after some fiddling in other threads

Executor
2010-09-21, 07:40 PM
Alright, helpful hint for you then: The Church runs orphanages for poor children in Atra, and only allows families of artisan class or higher to adopt children. This allows the children of poor families to have better futures as tradesmen, merchants, etc. If a child isn't adopted by age 15, the Church takes them in permanently as a servant. That should help you plan out your character's history :smallsmile:

And sorry Nanobot, I'll edit that in presently.

And it's added :smallsmile:

Executor
2010-09-22, 01:03 AM
Sorry for the double post, but if you are able, it would be quite good to get in your next post by sometime tomorrow, since I'm free for all of tomorrow, but I have to work Thursday and Friday, so if I can't get enough posts to do an update tomorrow, we'll have to wait until Saturday.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-22, 09:01 AM
Sorry for the double post, but if you are able, it would be quite good to get in your next post by sometime tomorrow, since I'm free for all of tomorrow, but I have to work Thursday and Friday, so if I can't get enough posts to do an update tomorrow, we'll have to wait until Saturday.

I think I'll wait for a bit such that the other characters can arrive at the feast.

Not much to do until that, anyway :smallsmile:

Executor
2010-09-22, 05:05 PM
That's fine, I'd just like the others to get a post in so I can update while there's free time.

Neknoh
2010-09-22, 07:38 PM
Still twiddling the twiddly knobs on my character and working on a school essay, feel free to update without me, an unfinished character coming in late is not grounds to hold back an update if you ask me.

Executor
2010-09-22, 08:38 PM
Oh, no, I'm not, I'm waiting for Cavalger, Joshua and Wulfric, at the least, and hopefully the others as well, before I'll do the update. :smallsmile:

Cracklord
2010-09-22, 09:09 PM
Hadn't realized I hadn't updated. Sorry.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-26, 04:07 AM
Oh, no, I'm not, I'm waiting for Cavalger, Joshua and Wulfric, at the least, and hopefully the others as well, before I'll do the update. :smallsmile:

I decided to wait for the others to arrive at the castle first :smallsmile:

I thought you read that post?

Executor
2010-09-27, 01:33 PM
Sorry for the wait, posted a short update.

Executor
2010-09-30, 02:59 AM
Gentlemen, I fear we may have to put this on a hiatus. I am having major troubles with my computer, and it is honestly a miracle that I managed to get online to post this. If I can get these problems fixed within the next couple of days, we can continue on. If not, I'm not sure what we'll do.

Morty
2010-10-02, 02:02 PM
Aw. Just when things started to pick up speed, too. Hopefully, the issues will be resolved quickly.

Cracklord
2010-10-03, 02:28 AM
I am back. Unfortunately, I will not post until tomorrow.

There is a good Shakespere quote, but it's not coming to me.

Executor
2010-10-03, 07:19 PM
Well gentlemen, I seem to have temporarily fixed the issues. This fix isn't permanent, but I may be able to resume updates.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-03, 10:34 PM
I'm thinking of playing a club-wielding bandit for this.

just give me some time to think....

Mina Kobold
2010-10-04, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking of playing a club-wielding bandit for this.

just give me some time to think....

Just remember that the focus is currently on the tournament so you might not get that much to do :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2010-10-04, 07:05 PM
Just remember that the focus is currently on the tournament so you might not get that much to do :smallsmile:

Bandit: Hi sir Knight!
Knight: Why hello good sir.
Bandit: where are you going, might I ask?
Knight: to the tourney of course! to participate in honorable jousting!
Bandit: really my good sir? well then guess what I have this ancient magical secret to winning jousting flawlessly, which I have been reserving just for the right champion to come along, come down here, I'll whisper it into your ear, you never know who might be listening in
Knight: ok!
*gets off*
CLONK!
*Bandits steals the knights stuff and goes to compete in the tourney*

Mina Kobold
2010-10-05, 10:14 AM
Bandit: Hi sir Knight!
Knight: Why hello good sir.
Bandit: where are you going, might I ask?
Knight: to the tourney of course! to participate in honorable jousting!
Bandit: really my good sir? well then guess what I have this ancient magical secret to winning jousting flawlessly, which I have been reserving just for the right champion to come along, come down here, I'll whisper it into your ear, you never know who might be listening in
Knight: ok!
*gets off*
CLONK!
*Bandits steals the knights stuff and goes to compete in the tourney*

Oh, you are trying to impersonate a knight for the great wish from the king?

Get in the line, I thought of that first :smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2010-10-05, 07:02 PM
Oh, you are trying to impersonate a knight for the great wish from the king?

Get in the line, I thought of that first :smalltongue:

So? :smallbiggrin:

Shandel the Bandit.
Shandel is on the short side, just above 5 ft tall, messy dirty blond hair and brown eyes, has a moustache and goatee circling his mouth and is of stocky build. He wears furs and wields a wooden club with iron spikes.
He was once a farmers son bored with farming then a war started and jumped off, ready to do something other than plant wheat
However once he was a soldier, he found fighting and killing too horrible and haunting, the army too oppressive and uncaring. so he deserted and became a bandit.
For a bandit, he is surprisingly civil when he tries to rob you and said robbing is often closer to enforced begging than violent taking. He enjoys his freedom, but he also likes to dress up in disguises and act like someone else, just cause its fun.

Falgorn
2010-10-05, 07:15 PM
And I'm probably not going to be able to post for a while, from a combination of lack of free time and poor internet connections.
Continue without me, I'll be back...sometime.