PDA

View Full Version : To find an Obscure Weapon

Jyokage
2010-08-24, 11:20 PM
Hey there playgrounders! I've hit a snag on a character concept of mine. I seem to remember reading about a dagger type weapon that was unique in that it was secured to pc's forearm and with a flick of the wrist it locked into a blade rather similiar to chip zanuff's, from guilty gear. I just cannot seem to remember where it was at...It might have even been a non wizards splat...

Any help or directions would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance ya'll.

TaintedLight
2010-08-24, 11:30 PM
Complete Scoundrel has rules for hidden blades. Somewhere around page 70 I think.

Jyokage
2010-08-24, 11:40 PM
Ah, I see, the sleeve blade...well that'll work, maybe I was getting that weapon option mixed in with the other weapon, which is a unique weapon type with slightly different stats than your normal dagger weapon...I remember it was slashing only,...maybe it had an increased threat range? I seem to remember it was 1d4 dmg...But without proof I'm buggered.

Marnath
2010-08-24, 11:44 PM
Punching Dagger from PHB?

Jyokage
2010-08-24, 11:46 PM
Naw, I've checked through all the books I own so far with no luck. I remember the picture so well....Was it one of my friends pathfinder books? Does pathfinder have an equipment guide?

Andion Isurand
2010-08-25, 12:41 AM
Gnomish Quickrazor (Races of Stone)

Marnath
2010-08-25, 12:46 AM
Gnomish Quickrazor (Races of Stone)

I was gonna suggest that at first, but it doesn't lock in place...

Andion Isurand
2010-08-25, 12:48 AM
The quickrazor features a light, wide knife blade with a very small hilt. The weapon is worn tied to the wielder's wrist in a specially designed sheath. When you attack with a quickrazor, you flick it out in a quick, slashing circle, catching the hilt in your hand at the end of the arc and then snapping it back into its rest.

gallagher
2010-08-25, 12:48 AM
there is a psionic power that lets you graft your weapon to your arm

Jyokage
2010-08-25, 12:50 AM
Hmm, I might just end up using the bladed gauntlet weapon's stats and fluff it as a single blade entending back, instead of blades pointed forward. :-)
It is going to bug me to no end that I can't find it though...Off tangent, is there a 3.0 arms guide? Or any 3rd party equipment guides?

Kalim
2010-08-25, 01:05 AM
I was going to suggest Gnomish Quickrazor as well, but it doesn't seem quite what you're going for.

Do you want katar-like blades, or a blade extending back across the forearm, a la Zul'jin from WoW?

Jyokage
2010-08-25, 01:06 AM
Alright, I think I've got this all figured out now. Thank you all so much for your help!

(Though it is going to bug me to high heaven till I find that official entry, along with the picture again. I know it was some sort of armory book, or equipment book...) :amused:

Interestingly enough, I believe the weapon entry was made before the game ever came out. I seem to remember it as being an old school book.

TaintedLight
2010-08-25, 01:14 AM
Hmm, I might just end up using the bladed gauntlet weapon's stats and fluff it as a single blade entending back, instead of blades pointed forward. :-)
It is going to bug me to no end that I can't find it though...Off tangent, is there a 3.0 arms guide? Or any 3rd party equipment guides?

The Arms and Equipment Guide?

Seffbasilisk
2010-08-25, 02:50 AM
You could likely get a sleeve blade, or a refluffed katar, put a weapon crystal into it to make it draw as a free action....

Check that out: Magic Item Compendium.