PDA

View Full Version : Paladin feat Choice

Window459
2010-08-25, 08:18 AM
In a pathfinder/3.5 game I'm going to be playing in. I'm building a 5th lvl paladin of freedom taking the mystic fire knight sub levels. I'm having trouble deciding whether I should take Parrying shield from Lords of Madness or Sword of the Arcane Order from FR: Champions of Valor at lvl 5. So I'd like to hear all of your input on this. plz and thank you.

dsmiles
2010-08-25, 08:41 AM
I don't know about Sword of the Arcane Order, but if your Reflex is REALLY bad, Parrying Shield is a decent choice to boost it. Kind of like a scalable Lightning Reflexes.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-25, 08:49 AM
Player's Handbook 2 offers you a better feat than parrying shield: Shield Ward lets your shield ac apply to touch ac and opposed checks (to resist bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun and trip), but you need Shield Specialization (also from that book).

I don't know what it has to do with reflexes though.

Also, if you'll not dump your paladin spellcasting, Battle Blessing(complete champion) drops all your Standard ACtion spells to swift actions(and full-rounds to standard actions) fr free.

Greenish
2010-08-25, 08:51 AM
Wizard spells are extra nice, especially if you get free quicken for them (Battle Blessing from CChampion gives it to paladin spells, but whether the wiz spells from SotAO count is a different matter…).

That said, Parrying Shield and Divine Shield (CWarrior, cha mod to shield AC) with PF paladin's cha stacking are a very potent defensive combo.