PDA

View Full Version : Undead Buffs

BobSutan
2010-08-25, 03:35 PM
Just looking for a collection of feats that one can use to buff summoned/raised undead. Already looking at the ones from Libris Mortis, but I'm sure there's got to be a ton more. In particular I'd like to know if there's ways increasing the number of HD my Necromancer can control.

Navigator
2010-08-25, 04:54 PM
Deathbound domain power, and finding ways to increase your effective rebuking level if you're a cleric.

A buff I like to use is stone bones... which I think is in the SpC. Awaken undead is also something to look at, assuming your DM is willing to deal with intelligent undead following you around.

Adumbration
2010-08-25, 04:56 PM
Deathbound domain power, and finding ways to increase your effective rebuking level if you're a cleric.

A buff I like to use is stone bones... which I think is in the SpC. Awaken undead is also something to look at, assuming your DM is willing to deal with intelligent undead following you around.

I think there's also a spell in SpC that can give your undead the Fiendish template. Can't remember the name though.

BobSutan
2010-08-26, 06:15 PM
SpC is Spell Compendium, right?

Yorrin
2010-08-26, 07:15 PM
I think there's also a spell in SpC that can give your undead the Fiendish template. Can't remember the name though.

Vile Death, iirc

Jack_Simth
2010-08-26, 07:21 PM
SpC is Spell Compendium, right?

Usually. There's always Desecrate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/desecrate.htm) for a simple boost. The Corpsecrafter feats in Libris Mortis all apply when you make the undead in the first place.

If you're making a brand-new character, and you just want tons of tough undead, then you might consider the Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror), as it gives class-based bonuses to creating undead, and gives an increased control cap.

BobSutan
2010-08-27, 02:19 PM
Usually. There's always Desecrate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/desecrate.htm) for a simple boost. The Corpsecrafter feats in Libris Mortis all apply when you make the undead in the first place.

If you're making a brand-new character, and you just want tons of tough undead, then you might consider the Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror), as it gives class-based bonuses to creating undead, and gives an increased control cap.

You just described my PC:

Dread Necro w/ Corpsecrafter. About to take Spell Focus: Necromancy, and then was thinking Fell Weaken followed by Fell Drain. May hold off on the last two if I can find feats specifically for boosting my undead & controlling abilities.