PDA

View Full Version : Guild

Stabber
2010-08-25, 04:52 PM
So heres my basic idea, this thread is a guild, and anyone who posts on it will become a member. Once you are a member, you can pm me your character and once approved by me will become eligible for any ongoing games. The first perosn to post and become a member is the second in command and can make any desicions about the guild unless i directly veto it. The sooner you post the higher of a rank you recieve.-
stabber- :belkar:'s son.

psilontech
2010-08-25, 05:04 PM
Free Hookers for all members.

That is all.

*So, what games are running, will be running, and at what level?

Stabber
2010-08-25, 05:12 PM
No games are currently running, as a game involving just one person would be kinda...lame. The level will be determinded by the DM and kind will usually be 3.5. The current game of mine that will be open for players within the guild as soon as we recieve more players is around level 5.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2010-08-25, 05:13 PM
Can I be the second in command to the second in command ?

psilontech
2010-08-25, 05:15 PM
Of course. You can implement any rules you like unless I veto them.

... Or you know, stabber vetoes them.:smallamused:

Stabber
2010-08-25, 05:16 PM
Um... there is no such thing as second in second command, but as the third member you will shortly recieve a short PM with some of the different roles you could take. But if my current second in command says okay, you could be his second in command as well as another role in the guild.

Stabber
2010-08-25, 05:22 PM
Just fort the record, once this starts to get going, most of the guild bussiness will be conducted insinde of the guilds bussiness game. Within this game you could kill higher ranks ( who may also be higher levels!0 to move up farhter in the ranks.

dont get any ideas, my character is a level higher than anyone elses, and has four bodyguards.

Volthawk
2010-08-25, 05:31 PM
I'm in! So, what kinda positions are there?

Stabber
2010-08-25, 05:50 PM
Theres a bunch but one of our other members are reviewing the list.

Otogi
2010-08-25, 05:53 PM
Wait, you're not the DM?

Stabber
2010-08-25, 05:58 PM
For anyone else who is intrested these are the current positions avilable. Once you have reciived your rank, please add it to your signature. We also need a guild name.

high council leader
Clan leader
Protective service
Character overseer1st DMNew
treasurer
3rd in command
These are some of the positions so far. There can be only one person in each of these positions, besides that persons hearald, who has another lower ranks as well as the herald rank.

here is a list of all the ositions that will be filled by more than one person. They are seperate branches of the guild, led by the branches leader.
Squires
Heraldry
espoinage Head of espionage
protection
spelllcasting
high council member
leader squire.

Stabber
2010-08-25, 05:59 PM
Wait, you're not the DM?

I am one of the DM's and will run several games, just not all of the games.

Volthawk
2010-08-25, 06:04 PM
Grabbing Protective Service. As for guild name... Bloodhounds ?

Stabber
2010-08-25, 06:17 PM
PM for description of rank. Good name, add to the sig.

Stabber
2010-08-25, 06:23 PM
Volthawk, the higher members recieve personal squires/heires, would you be intrested in being mine? also, could have that other avatar you're showing.

Volthawk
2010-08-25, 06:26 PM
Volthawk, the higher members recieve personal squires/heires, would you be intrested in being mine? also, could have that other avatar you're showing.

Yeah for both.

Stabber
2010-08-25, 07:29 PM
How do i take the old Volt Hawk avatar for my own?
-guild leader

DukeGod
2010-08-25, 09:33 PM
Okay then,I gonna be the Clan Leader
So,are like the Mafia?

IonDragon
2010-08-25, 09:33 PM
Wait, you're not the DM?

I think this is shaping into something like... what Pathfinder organized play is, but just for here, without the extremely limited rules.

Volthawk
2010-08-26, 03:44 AM
How do i take the old Volt Hawk avatar for my own?
-guild leader

Copy the URL and then go to Edit Options in your CP. Scroll to the bottom and select Custom in the avatar section then paste the URL where it says to. Don't forget to credit Strawberries in your sig.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-26, 03:08 PM
So, I want to join, and I'm willing to be the first DM. I've got a plot cooking for an Eberron mystery set in Sharn, but if everyone hates that I'm open to suggestions.

Veros
2010-08-26, 03:32 PM
=P I'm willing to join... But it'd be mainly as a regular member/player. xD I don't do much DMing tbh. I mean, I can and I have... I'm just not great at it.

Stabber
2010-08-26, 07:43 PM
So, I want to join, and I'm willing to be the first DM. I've got a plot cooking for an Eberron mystery set in Sharn, but if everyone hates that I'm open to suggestions.
sounds great, you got first dibs on nany games.

Stabber
2010-08-26, 07:45 PM
=P I'm willing to join... But it'd be mainly as a regular member/player. xD I don't do much DMing tbh. I mean, I can and I have... I'm just not great at it.

check out hte list of choices, hsows some of the regular choices.

Stabber
2010-08-26, 08:20 PM
Copy the URL and then go to Edit Options in your CP. Scroll to the bottom and select Custom in the avatar section then paste the URL where it says to. Don't forget to credit Strawberries in your sig.

This may sound silly, but whats a URL?
-a foolish guild leader

Veros
2010-08-26, 08:23 PM
The url for the image in his signature is...

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/dragonkobold2.png

Stabber
2010-08-26, 11:10 PM
Official guild announcment. All Character submissions will be submitted to Varl,sorry Veros.
-guild leader,

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2010-08-27, 12:03 AM
Hmm who is Varl? I thought I asked for that postion being member #3 and all.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-27, 05:21 AM
Do we have enough interested members to start my game? Also, would I post a separate thread w/ the Big 16?

Volthawk
2010-08-27, 05:23 AM
Well, I'm in anywho.

dabone
2010-08-27, 07:00 AM
This sounds like fun :) I'm in!

I would like to have the list of possible positions ;)
if it isn't reviewed at the moment by somebody else!

greetings, Dabone

Veros
2010-08-27, 08:35 AM
Hey Stabber, you know that your avatar isn't working? You have to click the link then copy it from the web address... Not just copy-pasta it. =D

But umm, interested in OMG P.'s game. (Pending 16 for it.)

Stabber
2010-08-27, 10:34 AM
This sounds like fun :) I'm in!

I would like to have the list of possible positions ;)
if it isn't reviewed at the moment by somebody else!

greetings, Dabone

Its on the first page under a spoiler tag. Veros, whats the web address of an avatar? and OMG P., how many players needed for your game?

monkman
2010-08-27, 11:52 AM
id like to join but what lv charcter do we summit and to who

OMG PONIES
2010-08-27, 12:47 PM
Okay guild members, here are the details on the first guild campaign!

BASIC PREMISE: You're all detectives with the Sharnian Unit of Investigative Tactics, and a strange case has just come across the chief's table.

APPLICATIONS: Please, PM me your concept and backstory.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? My personal favorite, D&D 3.5.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Eberron, starting off and set primarily in Sharn. I've seen Eberron played a lot of different ways, but I try to pull out more of the noir feel of the setting.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? I want a group of 5, so we'll say 5 and 2 alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? GiTP Forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Level 5.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Standard WBL.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Please, no material from other campaign settings or homebrew stuff, unless you can pitch it to me with an Eberron feel. Also, I'd like to stay away from monstrous races/classes if possible. Also, this is going to be a mystery plot. You'll be getting in brawls along the way, but please--pick a character who can do something out of combat.

8. What races, sub-races, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? I'd like to keep it to the player races listed in the Eberron Campaign Setting. If you have a different idea, again, pitch it to me with an Eberron feel.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? 32 point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? I take a muddied view of alignments, as fits the campaign setting. However, please keep in mind that you are all affiliated with the Sharnian Unit of Investigative Tactics. While you can be a dirty cop, it's mighty hard to be an unbridled chaotic evil kill-everything cop.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? No more than a single 1-level dip, please.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honour system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Forum dice roller for everyone!

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? Traits and flaws are allowed, but please pick flaws that are relevant. Noncombatant summoners will get slapped on the wrist, as will Shaky Barbarians. If you have an interesting idea for a flaw/quirk, we can homebrew something.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? I want to know the answer to the following questions:
1. What caused your character to join the Unit?
2. What drives your character?
3. What's your character's biggest secret, fear, or regret?
4. Who is one contact your character has in Sharn, and what's your history with them?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? Primarily roleplaying, some combat here and there, depending on your tactics. I may sprinkle in some puzzles along the way, but they won't be the focus.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Please, don't use any setting-specific books from other settings.

Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166053)

DukeGod
2010-08-27, 02:06 PM
huh,Stabber,I asked for the position of Clan Leader a couple of posts ago and never got an anwser ^^

Stabber
2010-08-27, 02:56 PM
Oops, sorry, I didn't know that that was a question addresed to me. A Clan leader is basically like that guild in-game general of forces. Outside of the game, you're in charge of the minor branches.

In reply to Monbkman's question, we have to character overseer's to PM your characters to. Ask OMG P. about the level and the rules.

monkman
2010-08-27, 03:45 PM
am i allowed a crusader? i be the spirual adviser guy and the diplomat

OMG PONIES
2010-08-27, 03:46 PM
Sure, just PM me the requested information.

Stabber
2010-08-27, 03:59 PM
MonkMan, My character is also in the game, as a Elven fighter!

monkman
2010-08-27, 04:31 PM
stab, i dont really get it, i dont understand what youre trying to tell me, sorry:smallfrown:

Stabber
2010-08-27, 04:34 PM
Sorry if what I siad was confusing, what Iwas trying to say was that I nticed you where joining OMG P.'s game , and my character also has.

dabone
2010-08-27, 05:57 PM
okay I'm up for treasurer :p I like money (A)

pm me the details, so I know what to do!

p.s. I want in on game 2 :) I'll write up a character!

monkman
2010-08-27, 06:02 PM
are we going to do roles beacuse my guy will try to be inquisdor and the diplomat
can i be 3rd in command?

Stabber
2010-08-27, 06:50 PM
Take 3rd in command, its all your's. What would my characters role, hes a neutrel fighter/wizard?

monkman
2010-08-27, 06:51 PM
i would consider as a damager and evidice finder, magic can be pretty usefull in crime:smallwink:
also my guy going to have sense motive,gather information,dipolmacy and intimidate

IonDragon
2010-08-27, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but you've been moved to the FFRP section, and are no longer on the recruitment board. OMG, you may want to re-post your 16 there, and put a link to over here so people know what's up.

monkman
2010-08-27, 08:45 PM
Omg are you sure we cant 4d6b3 or 5d6b3 no rerolls, i dislike the point buy systeme

Stabber
2010-08-27, 08:47 PM
Do we have enough interested members to start my game? Also, would I post a separate thread w/ the Big 16?

Hmm who is Varl? I thought I asked for that postion being member #3 and all.

How many players do we need? Also, do whatever you like wiht the game, just be sure to post where it is on the thread.

I thought that we might need more thatn one character overseer. his name is Veros. You share duties

monkman
2010-08-27, 09:05 PM
do you guys think that i should get a skill focus dipomacy and/or intimidate or get more combat feats?

Stabber
2010-08-27, 10:45 PM
Focus on diplomacy more. My guys a geared more towards combat, as a level 3 fighter level 2 wizard.

monkman
2010-08-27, 10:52 PM
stabber did you do the 32 point buy?

happyturtle
2010-08-28, 02:10 AM
((Um, hi! :smallredface: I hope I'm not intruding here, because I'm not intending to join the guild. (It looks like it should be fun for the people who do, but I don't really enjoy dnd or games with points and dice.) But since there seems to be some discussion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9238467#post9238467) going on in Board issues as to whether this thread belongs here or in the pbp section, I thought you should probably get the chance to weigh in. It's your thread after all, and if you want it here, then welcome to ffrp. :smallsmile:))

Veros
2010-08-28, 02:51 AM
((Um, hi! :smallredface: I hope I'm not intruding here, because I'm not intending to join the guild. (It looks like it should be fun for the people who do, but I don't really enjoy dnd or games with points and dice.) But since there seems to be some discussion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9238467#post9238467) going on in Board issues as to whether this thread belongs here or in the pbp section, I thought you should probably get the chance to weigh in. It's your thread after all, and if you want it here, then welcome to ffrp. :smallsmile:))

Well, I personally don't think you are intruding if that means anything. Though anyways, from my understanding/interpretation while we are a recruitment guild atm, a few bits makes me believe that there will be sub-topics? that will have roleplay aspects to them. Be it a D&D game or some other aspect.

So I guess this is a toss up between OOC and Recruitment thread. =3

happyturtle
2010-08-28, 02:58 AM
Well... you're kind of not in either of those places at the moment... :smallbiggrin:

OMG PONIES
2010-08-28, 06:07 AM
Omg are you sure we cant 4d6b3 or 5d6b3 no rerolls, i dislike the point buy systeme

I would rather stick with point buy--so one character doesn't wind up with 3 7s, or 4 18s.

How many players do we need? Also, do whatever you like wiht the game, just be sure to post where it is on the thread.

I thought that we might need more thatn one character overseer. his name is Veros. You share duties

I'd like a total of 7--5 primary players, plus 2 alternates in case anyone drops. Also, do we need a separate character overseer?

Finally, to make sure I'm not confused: "The Guild" is not a game in itself, but an organization of gamers who create and join each others' games, almost like having a consistent real-life gaming group, but over GitP...correct?

Rebis
2010-08-28, 10:08 AM
Free Hookers for all members.

That is all.

I am SO in.

-

Stabber
2010-08-28, 10:22 AM
I would rather stick with point buy--so one character doesn't wind up with 3 7s, or 4 18s.

I'd like a total of 7--5 primary players, plus 2 alternates in case anyone drops. Also, do we need a separate character overseer?

Finally, to make sure I'm not confused: "The Guild" is not a game in itself, but an organization of gamers who create and join each others' games, almost like having a consistent real-life gaming group, but over GitP...correct?

Correct! Cookies for you.

Rebis
2010-08-28, 10:22 AM
How does "Rebis Ouroboros, Head of Espionage Division" sound?

Stabber
2010-08-28, 10:23 AM
How does "Rebis Ouroboros, Head of Espionage Division" sound?

It souns great! Welcome to the team.
P.S. icastflare!, author of the webcomic Vengance rising will soon be joining us and ( hopefully0 assisting OMG Ponies! as a DM.

Volos
2010-08-28, 12:11 PM
I mainly play my reappearing character of Conner Legaus. He is a man of previously noble blood. Conner has survived the political downfall and near total slaughter of the Legaus house. While he would have only recieved the title of petty noble, he is still hunted by those who destroyed his family. Something his father had stubbled across has angered a man of noble blood. It was proof that the house Legaus had more ties to the royal family then the man who now hunts Conner. I change his class based on what I feel like playing, but this is his main concept. It is flexible, of course, but it is my old standby.

So, does this mean I am of the guild?

happyturtle
2010-08-28, 12:17 PM
FFRP Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166066) is up and stickied. Come in and say hi, and offer any suggestions you might have to improve it and make the first few posts Newbie friendly. :smallsmile:

Stabber
2010-08-28, 01:44 PM
I mainly play my reappearing character of Conner Legaus. He is a man of previously noble blood. Conner has survived the political downfall and near total slaughter of the Legaus house. While he would have only recieved the title of petty noble, he is still hunted by those who destroyed his family. Something his father had stubbled across has angered a man of noble blood. It was proof that the house Legaus had more ties to the royal family then the man who now hunts Conner. I change his class based on what I feel like playing, but this is his main concept. It is flexible, of course, but it is my old standby.

So, does this mean I am of the guild?

Absaloutly. Welcome to the guild. We call ourselves the bloodhounds. PM your sheet to Veros, OMG Ponies, of RAgnorak 'N' roll.

icastflare!
2010-08-28, 04:15 PM
It souns great! Welcome to the team.
P.S. icastflare!, author of the webcomic Vengance rising will soon be joining us and ( hopefully0 assisting OMG Ponies! as a DM.

Thank you for the introduction. Once we get this whole guild thing organized and we find interest, I will be starting a 4e game ( I know! Heresy! ). I will DM (of course ) and will be looking for players. Thats all. go back to your fun.

psilontech
2010-08-28, 05:12 PM
Due to real life interferences, I hereby demote myself from a position of power to one of just sitting in the background, pulling strings.

My Second in command?

He is now THE second in command.

That is all.

Gray Mage
2010-08-28, 05:15 PM
Is there room for one more? I think I still have a bard from my RL games somewhere.

Stabber
2010-08-28, 05:37 PM
Is there room for one more? I think I still have a bard from my RL games somewhere.

welcome to the club

OMG PONIES
2010-08-28, 10:06 PM
Stabber:

Not to go on a power trip, but I'd like to be the only DM for my campaign. Helps preserve the mystery, and allows for more players. Now, if anyone wants to DM their own game (like icastflare) that's awesome...especially since it allows me to play.

Also, are we really the Bloodhound Gang? Really?

monkman
2010-08-28, 10:17 PM
so whats the rule for hp?

icastflare!
2010-08-28, 10:25 PM
Stabber:

Not to go on a power trip, but I'd like to be the only DM for my campaign. Helps preserve the mystery, and allows for more players. Now, if anyone wants to DM their own game (like icastflare) that's awesome...especially since it allows me to play.

Also, are we really the Bloodhound Gang? Really?

I would also prefer not to have more than 1 DM per game.

monkman
2010-08-28, 11:17 PM
here my guy
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=235259
also i have put a helmet for no reason other than keeping it on my head, it dose nothing, am i allowed to keep it?

OMG PONIES
2010-08-29, 06:30 AM
HP is max at first level, roll the rest. I will begin reviewing sheets once I have ended recruitment. If the helmet is solely for flavor, you may keep it. However, please remember that it takes up your head slot for magic items, so you may want to ditch it later.

monkman
2010-08-29, 10:50 AM
rolling for hp
4d10 +12=

dabone
2010-08-29, 10:55 AM
I'm a little confused what everyone wil be playing in the campaign..

But since I'm the treasurer, I'm thinking about Rogue. Hope we don't have that yet in the party!

And more of a rogue like in the idea of someone who can get money for the guild when they are not doing very well, or in need of some.

NOt in the way of, gold? you really had gold deposited here?? noooooo, you must be mistaking.

monkman
2010-08-29, 10:59 AM
we dont have a rogue so be it and i have no idea why i cant roll for some reason

Volthawk
2010-08-29, 11:34 AM
we dont have a rogue so be it and i have no idea why i cant roll for some reason

Can't roll in edits.

Darkcomet
2010-08-29, 11:44 AM
*pops in*

I believe it is because the forum dice roller does not work in FFRP.

monkman
2010-08-29, 11:58 AM
it seems like omg P going to have to make an recruiment thread

Volthawk
2010-08-29, 12:16 PM
it seems like omg P going to have to make an recruiment thread

*cough* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166053)

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-29, 01:09 PM
Hmm... What be this I've found? :smallconfused:

A post. to make finding it a simpler task in the future, as it is interesting.

KtD
2010-08-30, 01:20 PM
Hey, I'd like to join the Guild if there is still room!

Stabber
2010-09-01, 09:53 AM
Yes KTB, there is still room fell free to join.

The Guild is now dead.