PDA

View Full Version : Deactivated internet connection

Darwin
2010-08-25, 05:50 PM
A few hours ago I lost my connection to the internet. In an attempt to re-establish it I deactivated the broken connection, with intent to reactive it to see if it'd help. This caused the connection to go completely missing, and I can't find a way to reactivate it. I'm writing this on my laptop from the now working internet connection. Lend me a hand fellow playgrounders :smallfrown:

Note: The PC runs windows vista.

IonDragon
2010-08-25, 06:01 PM
start, my computer, right click => properties. Device Manager.
Are there any giant yellow question marks next to anything?

Darwin
2010-08-25, 06:05 PM
start, my computer, right click => properties. Device Manager.
Are there any giant yellow question marks next to anything?

Yep, two of them right next to Microsoft 6to4-networkcard (this is directly translated from danish, it might be not really be called networkcard in english!). and Microsoft 6to4-networkcard #2

IonDragon
2010-08-25, 06:12 PM
you uninstalled them rather than deactivating them. Right click on them in the Device Manager => Install.

Darwin
2010-08-25, 06:17 PM
you uninstalled them rather than deactivating them. Right click on them in the Device Manager => Install.

I do not have the option to install them. My options are: Update driversoftware, deactivate, and remove. I tried updating the driver software, but it informed me I already had the latest drivers.

IonDragon
2010-08-25, 06:29 PM
Update driver. My mistake.

Darwin
2010-08-25, 06:32 PM
Already tried to update them. Windows told me I already had the latest drivers installed.

IonDragon
2010-08-25, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry I missed that in your last post. Try right clicking on them and scanning for hardware changes. If that does not work, try removing them, then clicking on the "Scan for hardware changes" icon near the top of the window.

Darwin
2010-08-25, 06:40 PM
De- and reactivation worked like a charm. Thank you so much, here's a cookie for your trouble :smallbiggrin:

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/06/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg