PDA

View Full Version : iPod shuffle help?

Force
2010-08-25, 07:48 PM
So, I'm in the market for an iPod. My sister knows someone who wants to get rid of their 2nd gen shuffle, I drop them a twenty, pick it up the next day. Problem is.. when I plug it into my computer, the orange light blinks a couple times (twice, I think) and that's it. iTunes doesn't pick it up at all. I do get a "USB device malfunctioned" response when Windows attempts to recognize it, though it does not show up in My Computer.

I'm running Windows Vista with the latest version of iTunes and I know my USB ports work (as a test, I connected my mother's iPod Nano 2nd generation and it charges fine/works with iTunes). I also emailed my sister's friend, they respond with "it worked fine when I had it! (famous last words)" Help, please?

InaVegt
2010-08-25, 07:49 PM
You done got ripped off.

IonDragon
2010-08-25, 08:12 PM
That means it's broken. If it's not under warranty (and since it's 2nd gen...) "You done got ripped off. "

Go punch them in the face and get your $20 back. Then don't get an iPod. See also (http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/).

Force
2010-08-25, 09:39 PM
Figured as much. At least getting the $ back won't be too hard.

If I could afford a new music player, having this conversation we would not be ;)