PDA

View Full Version : Killer Axis

Manga Maniac
2010-08-25, 09:06 PM
I was just DMing a campaign for the first time, when one player (horusmaster9) came up with his alignment idea:

Potential new axis based on killing:
Pacifist - Goes out of way to avoid killing.
Resistant - Would rather not kill, but would do so anyway.
Militant - Would kill whatever gets in the way.

Examples:
Lawful Good Pacifist - Good, law-abiding citizens who wouldn't think of killing anything unless as an absolute (and seriously absolute) last resort. Examples might include most ordinary citizens or clerics.
Lawful Good Militant - Those who live to smite evil on behalf of the breaking of laws or under the order of things like kings or gods. Examples might include very dedicated albeit violent paladins.
Chaotic Neutral Resistant - Those who do what they want, when they want, and don't mind killing people along the way. Examples might include rogues.
Chaotic Good Resistant - Overall good, but does things the way they see fit and might utilize plans that involve a few deaths. Examples might include rebels.
True Neutral - They just don't care about anything. Examples might include particularly bored peasants.
Chaotic Militant Evil - Particularly ax-crazy people who would cause chaos purely because they can. Examples might include big bads.
The likelihood is that I'll use this as the rest of the players love the idea. Is there any drawbacks to this (other than increasing the alignment size) that could warrant me not using this? He came up with the idea when I starting debating on whether a Chaotic Good person would intimidate a barkeep then murder him in cold blood if he didn't respond.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-25, 09:34 PM
Just don't add Square/Funky as well, otherwise you'll have to draw a hypercube.

In the meantime, who wants to figure out/find evidence for Batman being all 27 alignments instead of all 9?:smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2010-08-25, 09:35 PM
In the meantime, who wants to figure out/find evidence for Batman being all 27 alignments instead of all 9?:smallbiggrin:Well, he usually has the imperative to not to kill, but there have been other depictions… :smallcool:

devinkowalczyk
2010-08-25, 09:39 PM
I think you should either toss out everything and start from fresh or use the already present system. What you are proposing just kind of adds unnecessary complexity.

Use your thing you came up with and add one or two things to it and drop the whole LC-GE

Coidzor
2010-08-25, 11:22 PM
Well, he usually has the imperative to not to kill, but there have been other depictions… :smallcool:

Whereas if he were held to a paladin's moral rules, he'd be responsible for murdering half of Gotham. :smallamused:

But, yes, this needs Square and Funky added in on top of it. Any other alignment axes we can add?

Pacifist Evil sounds like it might be a bit wiggy.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-25, 11:25 PM
Just don't add Square/Funky as well, otherwise you'll have to draw a hypercube.

In the meantime, who wants to figure out/find evidence for Batman being all 27 alignments instead of all 9?:smallbiggrin:

Tesserae. *obscenety* yah.

SurlySeraph
2010-08-25, 11:37 PM
Pacifist Evil sounds like it might be a bit wiggy.

Lawful Evil Pacifist: It's not my job to kill him, that's what trained executioners or slaves with heavy rocks are for.
Neutral Evil Pacifist: Killing him won't benefit me nearly as much as forcing him into crippling credit card debt for the rest of his life.
Chaotic Evil Pacifist: Kill him? But then he'll stop twitching and yelping and it won't be funny anymore!

Manga Maniac
2010-08-26, 05:03 AM
I think you should either toss out everything and start from fresh or use the already present system. What you are proposing just kind of adds unnecessary complexity.
For the record, it wouldn't have any effect gameplay wise. Its just so the PCs and monsters can get a clearer definition on how they'll be playing the game.

Coidzor
2010-08-26, 06:10 AM
Mmm, motivations.

Or method cues.

Or something.