PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is this every player character ever?

Talbot
2010-08-25, 09:47 PM
Behold, the Kids in the Hall present: Man of Destiny (or as I like to call him: the Player Character)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQaugoLG8Ag&feature=related

Halae
2010-08-25, 09:58 PM
You are most definitely correct

Snake-Aes
2010-08-25, 10:04 PM
<giggle> Indeed, good man, indeed.

Esser-Z
2010-08-25, 10:10 PM
Sidequests mean more EXP and loot!

Ranger Mattos
2010-08-25, 10:17 PM
Nah, he had a longer attention span than most PCs.

awesomessake
2010-08-25, 10:36 PM
Why am i thinking "Dumbest Eberron Character Ever?"

Jallorn
2010-08-25, 10:41 PM
You, sir, win twenty internets.

Why twenty? Well, it's a complex id- ooh, shiny!

Snake-Aes
2010-08-25, 10:41 PM
Why am i thinking "Dumbest Eberron Character Ever?"

Because you didn't play in Tormenta. Petrynia is a country famed for liars. Fortuna for the supertitious people, Pondsmania is a wonderland spinoff where you're likely to end up lost for a century and discover too late that you do make up for the lost aging time when you leave. All dragon types have a "king", the most powerful member of their kin, and the king lich dragon does laundry and basketweaving for a friendly neighborhood necromancer whose daughter's cooking is known to kill large amounts of wildlife. And they are all connected into a single plot your player is unraveling.

Dairun Cates
2010-08-25, 11:01 PM
Nah. Can't be. PC's aren't Canadians. They're winners...

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING!

awesomessake
2010-08-25, 11:06 PM
Quoting Snake-Aes
"Because you didn't play in Tormenta. Petrynia is a country famed for liars. Fortuna for the supertitious people, Pondsmania is a wonderland spinoff where you're likely to end up lost for a century and discover too late that you do make up for the lost aging time when you leave. All dragon types have a "king", the most powerful member of their kin, and the king lich dragon does laundry and basketweaving for a friendly neighborhood necromancer whose daughter's cooking is known to kill large amounts of wildlife. And they are all connected into a single plot your player is unraveling."

....Now I'm thinking of Schizophrenia and ADD wrapped up into one.:cool:

Also it was just the setting of the video. Everyone thinks Eberron is steampunk in nature, but it has a lot more in common with dieselpunk.

Greenish
2010-08-25, 11:07 PM
Why am i thinking "Dumbest Eberron Character Ever?"It's the hat.

Yukitsu
2010-08-25, 11:10 PM
Nah, my freinds get to chicks and stay there. It makes me facepalm a lot.

DownwardSpiral
2010-08-25, 11:12 PM
Nah, he doesn't kill and loot the bodies enough. =3 Funny though!

Raimun
2010-08-25, 11:18 PM
Don't be ridiculous! I, for example have always played my characters in a way that's-

Whoa! New swords!

Greenish
2010-08-25, 11:19 PM
Nah, he doesn't kill and loot the bodies enough.How do you think he got the gun? Or the floor washing machine thingy? Or the life-ring?

Ponderthought
2010-08-25, 11:20 PM
PC's? Hell I live real life this way, except with less travel and more crippling poverty.

I dont get alot done..

Flickerdart
2010-08-25, 11:22 PM
How do you think he got the gun? Or the floor washing machine thingy? Or the life-ring?
Or the boat?

DownwardSpiral
2010-08-25, 11:24 PM
How do you think he got the gun? Or the floor washing machine thingy? Or the life-ring?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you can see the janitor dude in the background while he's riding that. Also, he didn't even kill the president!

Greenish
2010-08-25, 11:29 PM
Also, he didn't even kill the president!…Unless the president was on the boat.

DownwardSpiral
2010-08-25, 11:39 PM
…Unless the president was on the boat.

If he was on the boat, the DM sucks. He obviously wasn't following WBL, because he destroyed a whole boat, and he barely looted anything! =p

Flickerdart
2010-08-26, 12:04 AM
If he was on the boat, the DM sucks. He obviously wasn't following WBL, because he destroyed a whole boat, and he barely looted anything! =p
It was clearly a Drow boat, with all the equipment turning non-magical once removed.

Shademan
2010-08-26, 02:30 AM
PC's will loot the strangest things if they THINK it is valuable, important to the plot...or if it is just funny...
and sometimes...they have NO reason what so ever!

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-26, 02:50 AM
PC's will loot the strangest things if they THINK it is valuable, important to the plot...or if it is just funny...

I've had a player loot (=shave) an enemy's hair because they liked the colour and wanted it for a wig.

This video barely even scratches the surface :smallbiggrin:

Adumbration
2010-08-26, 02:57 AM
DM: In the distance, you see Peter, your sister's ex-boyfriend.
PC: I charge!
DM: What?!
PC: He broke my sister's heart, he will pay for his transgressions!
DM: Ummm. *shifty eyes* You actually failed a spot check. He's not actually Peter.
PC: I rolled 17 on my grapple check! 16 damage! .... What?

Talbot
2010-08-26, 05:59 PM
Definitive moment: Toss up between-

"Hey, that looks like fun!"
"In my defense, he sure looked like Peter."
and
"I was perfectly within my rights to sink that ship."

Hawriel
2010-08-26, 06:07 PM
I cannot dispute the OP's evidence. That shows alot of PC's phycological make up.

Side note. Kids in the Hall had on of the best theme songs ever.

Edit.

Does this make Buddy a retired adventurer? He did own a bar and look at all the stories he had. He did end up burning down his bar for the ensurence mony.

Akisa
2010-08-26, 08:58 PM

Or he put the items on the boat in his hammerspace like he did with the gun.

Greenish
2010-08-26, 09:01 PM
Or he put the items on the boat in his hammerspace like he did with the gun.He left the gun on the counter. (Of course my character would pick up his weapon!)

Akisa
2010-08-26, 09:50 PM
He left the gun on the counter. (Of course my character would pick up his weapon!)

Even if was the case, the weapon will still be drawn from his hammerspace. Well that is until someone else from his party mentions he forgot it. Though it does look like a solo adventure...

Shatteredtower
2010-08-26, 10:10 PM
Side note. Kids in the Hall had on of the best theme songs ever.

"It's a fact!"

Tyndmyr
2010-08-27, 12:31 AM
Nah, he had a longer attention span than most PCs.

Truth. My god. I'd trade my PCs for this man in a heartbeat.

Dairun Cates
2010-08-27, 01:26 AM

At least he takes the adventuring hooks when you put them out?

arrowhen
2010-08-27, 02:00 AM
At least he takes the adventuring hooks when you put them out?

Plus, while the mistaken identity was unfortunate, at least he remembered an NPC's name!

WitchSlayer
2010-08-27, 02:27 AM

I tore out a tooth from a skeletal snake beast once.

The DM let me use it as a wand.

Kaww
2010-08-27, 03:48 AM
In a current group (6) I only have 3 players like that... I find myself a lucky DM...

2010-08-27, 07:24 AM
In a current group (6) I only have 3 players like that... I find myself a lucky DM...
same here, though that one only has three players

really? it would take you that long!?

actually in truth i love my players' short attention spans, it lets me improvise everything remember nothing and still pretend theres continuity.

DukeGod
2010-08-27, 08:41 AM
Because you didn't play in Tormenta. Petrynia is a country famed for liars. Fortuna for the supertitious people, Pondsmania is a wonderland spinoff where you're likely to end up lost for a century and discover too late that you do make up for the lost aging time when you leave. All dragon types have a "king", the most powerful member of their kin, and the king lich dragon does laundry and basketweaving for a friendly neighborhood necromancer whose daughter's cooking is known to kill large amounts of wildlife. And they are all connected into a single plot your player is unraveling.
You forgot the acid blood storms,Arsenal,the goddess trapped in the statue(ok maybe not anymore),the kingdom ruled by one of the dragon kings,the one where you can't use magic,the one who couldn't care less about the gods,the desert full of portals and where there are some crazy creatures,the goblinoid army gathered around a so far invincible bugbear general,and spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't read the romances:the fall of Glorienn making the elves without a major god,and the rise of Khallyadranoch who suppodly was written out of reality back to his position as God of Dragons.Oh yeah,and the area of Tormenta in Tamu-Ra is gone for real and of course,Arsenal!The guy with a giant robot for a base,collects magical items to power said base,is the only survivor of a world with endless wars that he won and forced near everybody to work in tandem to make another giant robot to oppose his...

Well,he is not getting any bonus XP for roleplaying!
And I love my player short-attention spans too.At least I can say a lot of stupidity and they won't care(or just re-introduce the actual villain NPC that they killed a couple of minutes ago as the same guy,just kicking half their asses.And they won't notice of course)

Snake-Aes
2010-08-27, 08:53 AM
Psh, what about the army of roman minotaurs with the best navy around and their god making official the fact elves are their bitches? And his head is always ON FIRE.
Oh, and Jurassic Park.