PDA

View Full Version : Any ways to gain extra grappling actions?

Frosty
2010-08-26, 01:41 AM
When in a grapple, you gain actions based on your BAB at the same scale as you can gain extra attacks (and at the same penalties too, so your third grapple attempt of the turn is at a -10).

Is there any way to increase that number? Would abilities like the Whirling Frenzy rage variant or Flurry of Blows grant one extra grappling attempts? What about the Snap Kick feat from ToB? If so then dipping one level into each of those classes might be a good idea.

Adumbration
2010-08-26, 01:44 AM
Can't say with 100% certainty without consulting books, but I have seen that kind of thing happen on some of the PbP games on these forums. I think it was one of those Monk testing threads with possibly Giacamo involved.

Anyway, if so, Haste would be another method for this.

Keld Denar
2010-08-26, 01:52 AM
As written the only thing that gives you more grapple actions is more BAB. Not Haste, not Flurry of Blows, not extra limbs, not extra heads, not Snapkick, nothing. Well, maybe being Dvati, but thats just the same as two characters grappling...

That said, I play a grappler with the Deepspawn feat, and one of my DMs allows me to make extra grapple actions with my tentacles, but they can only do a "grapple to deal damage" action, which means they can't pin or do anything fun like that. Something to run by yours.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-26, 02:02 AM
Body Outside Body (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144226)... make it an item?

Riffington
2010-08-26, 05:23 AM
If your base attack bonus allows you multiple attacks, you can attempt one of these actions in place of each of your attacks, but at successively lower base attack bonuses.
It neither says your bonus attacks add nor that they don't.

There are three theories on this
1. Strictly literal. You get all your attacks, but only if your BAB is 6+.

2. All extra attacks count. Nothing says they don't.

3. It's strictly based on BAB, unless you find something that specifies that it works in a grapple.