PDA

View Full Version : Help with Maptools

Cogidubnus
2010-08-26, 11:51 AM
A while ago, I got Maptools servers working on my PC, so I could host a game. Now, when I come to try again, I get the error message telling me my computer couldn't be seen from the internet. I have not changed any of the options since it last worked, and I believe I have correctly enabled port forwarding and let the ports through my firewalls, though I am willing to double check this. My router is a NETGEAR DG834.

Ed: By using UPnP I can connect from the same PC now, but I am still having port forwarding issues, despite telling my router to allow the MapTools port through.

kyoryu
2010-08-26, 01:28 PM
Have you checked any firewall software running on your PC, in addition to the router? Since you're getting errors even connecting locally, this sounds like a likely issue.

Cogidubnus
2010-08-26, 01:33 PM
I have a Windows Firewall (Vista) and a McAfee Firewall, and have, I believe, told both of them to allow Maptools access, but if you have any advice on how to configure these I'd appreciate it.

Cogidubnus
2010-08-28, 05:34 AM
Bump. I have changed the original information, so I thought there might be slightly more help out there, since port forwarding is now my only issue.