PDA

View Full Version : Google is about to own all communications

IonDragon
2010-08-26, 10:56 PM
See? (http://www.google.com/chat/voice/)

I've already got my phone set up so I can store my phone numbers, send and recieve text messages and archive/forward voicemails all from my computer(Google Voice (http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html)), but now you can do all of that FROM GMAIL.

To top it off, google voice does some cool things like letting you screen your incoming calls, and listen in on messages in case it's something you want to jump in on. The videos in the 2nd link have more information about other awesome features.

It's free, and I'm loving it.

factotum
2010-08-27, 01:19 AM
Larry Page and Sergey Brin must be laughing all the way to the bank... :smallfrown:

Skeppio
2010-08-27, 01:30 AM
Wait, Google DOESN'T already own the world? Sure are taking their sweet time then.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-27, 02:41 PM
Wait, Google DOESN'T already own the world? Sure are taking their sweet time then.

They're just revealing it little by little.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-08-27, 03:21 PM
JOIN US

...oh dear. I think Google took over for a moment there.

Tulio d Bard
2010-08-27, 03:23 PM

They were faster then me... :smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2010-08-27, 07:35 PM
I'm the secret owner of Google. :smallwink:

olelia
2010-08-27, 08:33 PM
Theres nothing wrong here just

Nothing to see here citizens

John Cribati
2010-08-27, 08:45 PM
GOogle knows the first rule of economics: People like free stuff. They're getting paid by all the advertisers who put that little line of text above your mailbox.

Catch
2010-08-27, 08:51 PM
A couple of interesting things: This new feature comes at a time when Skype is filing for an IPO, and the language used by the new Gmail feature says calls are "free for 2010."

IonDragon
2010-08-27, 11:34 PM
A couple of interesting things: This new feature comes at a time when Skype is filing for an IPO, and the language used by the new Gmail feature says calls are "free for 2010."

I can't find anything that says that, but then again maybe The Google has...

There is no mind control citizen, go back to your fun

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-08-27, 11:46 PM
Ah, Google is great! :biggrin:
They provide so much awesome free stuff, and now I can make phone-calls from my Gmail account!
I use Gmail, Google docs, Google blogs, Google maps, Google earth, Google Chrome... It has almost every internet tool or app I could possibly want, the only thing missing is Google servant: the free Google-employed slave that does your job for you and cleans your house! :smalltongue:

Xyk
2010-08-28, 12:36 AM
Ah, Google is great! :biggrin:
They provide so much awesome free stuff, and now I can make phone-calls from my Gmail account!
I use Gmail, Google docs, Google blogs, Google maps, Google earth, Google Chrome... It has almost every internet tool or app I could possibly want, the only thing missing is Google servant: the free Google-employed slave that does your job for you and cleans your house! :smalltongue:

You know it'll be an open-source, streamlined, easy-to-use robot. And it will double as a search engine for things in your home.

factotum
2010-08-28, 02:14 AM
You know it'll be an open-source, streamlined, easy-to-use robot. And it will double as a search engine for things in your home.

And it will check your fridge at 3am to see what sort of products you buy and therefore what sort of advertising can be directed at you... :smallwink:

IonDragon
2010-08-28, 02:50 AM
If it's doing things @ 3 AM it's going to have to contend with me yelling at it to be quiet, I'm trying to concentrate on my game.