PDA

View Full Version : Inspire Courage and Weaponlike spells

unre9istered
2010-08-26, 11:30 PM
Does it say in RAW anywhere whether the bonuses from Inspire Courage apply to weaponlike spells? My group has always ran that they do, but I just had it pointed out to me that weaponlike spells aren't counted as weapons like I though (I'm referring to the section in complete arcane).

Frosty
2010-08-26, 11:41 PM
The bonus to Attack rolls will always apply, but the damage only applies to actual weapons, or at least to spells that conjure up a weapon-type thing for you to swing around (like Ice Axe for example or Eldritch Glaive). things like Scorching Ray will not get the bonus damage.

kestrel404
2010-08-27, 05:22 AM
^ Yeah. It actually specifically mentions inspire courage in the 'weaponlike spells' text at the beginning of the feats section of complete arcane. You get the attack bonus, but you never get any damage bonuses on spell damage.

unre9istered
2010-08-29, 12:59 AM
^ Yeah. It actually specifically mentions inspire courage in the 'weaponlike spells' text at the beginning of the feats section of complete arcane. You get the attack bonus, but you never get any damage bonuses on spell damage.

I must have missed that. I'll reread it.

true_shinken
2010-08-29, 11:58 AM
The bonus to Attack rolls will always apply, but the damage only applies to actual weapons, or at least to spells that conjure up a weapon-type thing for you to swing around (like Ice Axe for example or Eldritch Glaive). things like Scorching Ray will not get the bonus damage.

It does not work with eldritch glaive. Eldritch glaive is not a weapon!