PDA

View Full Version : OOTS movie cast

Zolkabro
2010-08-27, 05:07 AM
I know this thread has been made many times before, but I have a pretty good list that I would like to share, and expand till we have the perfect actor for every single character who has ever made an appearence.

P.E.A.C.H.

O-Chul - Chuck Norris. Reasons are obvious.

Belkar - Warwick Davies. Mainly because of his role as the Leprechaun, a homicidal lepreachaun who is insane, wears green, short, and is definitely a Sexy God of War, if not shoeless.

Haley - Definately Keira Knightly. In both Princess of Theives and King Arthur she played baddass female warriors who used a bow and arrows. Both these characters are the absolute opposite of the "girls can't fight" cliché.

Sabine - Elizabeth Hurly. Played the Devil in Bedazzled. That devil wasn't a pure evil muahahaha kind of villian, she was a sexy, beguiling, and very sly woman. Just like Sabine.

Durkon - Two suggestions: Firstly, Sean Astin. Best known for his role as Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings. Sam was an honest, loyal, kind, short man. Perfect for Durkon. He'll have to wear a fake beard, though. Secondly, John Rhys-Davies. He acted Gimli in Lord of the Rings. Gimli was your usual stereotypical dwarf.

Roy - Samual L Jackson (suggested by Phish Food)

Lord Xykon - Either Ralph Fiennes or Christopher Lee. Christopher Lee always plays the most unspeakably evil villains. Ralph Fiennes was the actor for Lord Voldemort, and is kind of quirkier than Christopher Lee.

Elan/Nale - Either Paul Berget or James and Oliver Phelps. Paul Berget is a little known actor plays the lute. James and Oliver are two brilliant twin actors.

Vaarsuvius - I'm not sure that there are any gender ambiguous actors in the world, so we can't cast him/her without being biased towards our opinion of V's gender. Personally I think V is female, but others may disagree.

Thog - Lou Ferrigno. Played The Incredible Hulk. Who else?

Tarquin - Gary Oldman. He has played several sly, morally ambiguous characters, and fits the "affably evil" cliché well.

That Guy With a Halberd - Viggo Mortensen. He acted Aragorn in Lord of the Rings, the most awesome, baddass warrior in the whole trilogy.

Larry Gardener - Daniel Radcliffe (obviously).

Redcloak - Undecided

MitD - Undecided

Just because character's names aren't mentioned here deosn't mean they are not open for suggestions. I want actors for everyone. All suggestions will be added to the list.

Phishfood
2010-08-27, 05:14 AM
Not bad, I can help finish you off.

Roy - Samuel L Jackson! (duh!)

MitD - Ron Pearlman

Spiryt
2010-08-27, 05:20 AM
I don't really get Davies as Belkar, and I've seen it proposed few times.

With presentation of Belkar since earlier strips, culminating in "SSGoW", one would need someone of smaller stature, and definitely athletic and well built.

The rest would have to be X muse magic, shrinking him to tiny stature compared to other guys.

Deliverance
2010-08-27, 05:46 AM
I know this thread has been made many times before,

Then why don't you post in the current thread on that topic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118986) which is on page 1 of the forum?

Zolkabro
2010-08-27, 06:04 AM
Not bad, I can help finish you off.

Roy - Samuel L Jackson! (duh!)

MitD - Ron Pearlman

Samuel L Jackson is a brilliant idea, but I don't think Ron Pearlman is really suitable. Seeing as this character is going to be voice only until the big reveal, it should be someone with a very distinctive, childish voice. MitD is just a child, after all. And if he isn't, then he still behaves like one.

I don't really get Davies as Belkar, and I've seen it proposed few times.

With presentation of Belkar since earlier strips, culminating in "SSGoW", one would need someone of smaller stature, and definitely athletic and well built.

The rest would have to be X muse magic, shrinking him to tiny stature compared to other guys.

Have you seen any of the Leprechaun films? You don't get much more homicidal and insane than that, and the actor is very short and well built.

Then why don't you post in the current thread on that topic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118986) which is on page 1 of the forum?

Oops. Didn't see that thread. Well, it doesn't matter now.

Spiryt
2010-08-27, 06:41 AM
Have you seen any of the Leprechaun films? You don't get much more homicidal and insane than that, and the actor is very short and well built.

Well, I've seen "Willow" for example, and, unfortunately Mr. Davies has dwarfism, and didn't really seemed to be able to move swiftly, and "halfling like" live alone move like Belkar (even "before" special effects). So I doubt even more that he can pull out that now, when he got older.

So, generally he wouldn't look like convincing Belkar to me.

Belkar should be played by someone without growth disorders, scaled down by tricks, much like hobbits in LotR, IMHO.

In fact, Dominic Monaghan would be decent, if we stick with LotR.

But really, I would personally vote for Tim Roth (http://topnews.in/light/files/Tim-Roth963.jpg) for Belkar.

He excels in playing both complete bastards and weird guys, and he is also of somewhat small stature, AFAIR.

Warwick would be quite neat Leeky Windstaff, as far as I can imagine it.

Zolkabro
2010-08-27, 07:08 AM
Well, I've seen "Willow" for example, and, unfortunately Mr. Davies has dwarfism, and didn't really seemed to be able to move swiftly, and "halfling like" live alone move like Belkar (even "before" special effects). So I doubt even more that he can pull out that now, when he got older.

So, generally he wouldn't look like convincing Belkar to me.

Belkar should be played by someone without growth disorders, scaled down by tricks, much like hobbits in LotR, IMHO.

In fact, Dominic Monaghan would be decent, if we stick with LotR.

But really, I would personally vote for Tim Roth (http://topnews.in/light/files/Tim-Roth963.jpg) for Belkar.

He excels in playing both complete bastards and weird guys, and he is also of somewhat small stature, AFAIR.

Warwick would be quite neat Leeky Windstaff, as far as I can imagine it.

I haven't seen Willow, but from what I know of it Willow is a kind, nice person. This is the opposite of the Leprechaun. In those films he definintely isn't nice, and he doesn't seem physically handicapped either.
The thing is, there is no other actor in the world who is halfling-height, and plays a homicidal maniac so well.

Phishfood
2010-08-27, 07:14 AM
Samuel L Jackson is a brilliant idea, but I don't think Ron Pearlman is really suitable. Seeing as this character is going to be voice only until the big reveal, it should be someone with a very distinctive, childish voice. MitD is just a child, after all. And if he isn't, then he still behaves like one.

Doesn't Pearlman do almost entirely voice work? and when he isn't just a voice he is wearing ridiculous amounts of make-up?

He would also be a good narrator if we can find a way for him to not die in the first book.

Zolkabro
2010-08-27, 07:41 AM
Doesn't Pearlman do almost entirely voice work? and when he isn't just a voice he is wearing ridiculous amounts of make-up?

He would also be a good narrator if we can find a way for him to not die in the first book.

I know he does voice work, but as I said we need either a child actor or someone who sounds like a child. Pearlman does not sound like a child.

Also, we HAVE to get John Cleese in here somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas of who he could play?

wightpower
2010-08-27, 08:15 AM
The asian chick from live free or die hard could be Tsukiko, and David Schwimmer could be the voice of MitD. Sammy L would be a bad choice for Roy. He's too old and his only current method of acting is yelling a lot. Oh, and Vern Troyer for Belkar. After seeing him on the surreal life or whichever show it was I have faith he could play a sociopath.

Zolkabro
2010-08-27, 08:44 AM
The asian chick from live free or die hard could be Tsukiko

Any names?

David Schwimmer could be the voice of MitD.

I'm not sure he really fits...

Sammy L would be a bad choice for Roy. He's too old and his only current method of acting is yelling a lot.g you su

Okay. Who do you suggest instead?

Oh, and Vern Troyer for Belkar. After seeing him on the surreal life or whichever show it was I have faith he could play a sociopath.

Isn't he a stuntman?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Stmr5000
2010-08-27, 09:09 AM
Xykon would be completely computer animated, and voiced by James Earl Jones.

After all, upon becoming a lich, he even says:

:xykon: "Check it out, if I pitch it a little lower: 'Luke, I am your father.' Sounds just like him, right? 'Simba, you have forgotten me'."

Gray Mage
2010-08-27, 09:36 AM

IMO Will Smith would be cool, as he doesn't look too old, can be buff like a high strenght figther should and could also do the comedy bits.

wightpower
2010-08-27, 10:40 AM
Any names?
Margaret Quigly. Certainly not what I expected her name to be.

I'm not sure he really fits...

His voice is goofy and thats how I always imagined the monster to sound

I second Grey Mages' Will Smith idea

Isn't he a stuntman?

He's an actor too. He was Mini Me in Austin Powers.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-27, 10:57 AM
O-Chul - Chuck Norris. Reasons are obvious.

They both have REALLY hairy chests?

Haley - Definately Keira Knightly. In both Princess of Theives and King Arthur she played baddass female warriors who used a bow and arrows. Both these characters are the absolute opposite of the "girls can't fight" cliché.

Meh, I never really thought of Haley having such a strong British accent. I guess she could just cover it up during the role, but I still think there's someone better suited for the part.

Sabine - Elizabeth Hurly. Played the Devil in Bedazzled. That devil wasn't a pure evil muahahaha kind of villian, she was a sexy, beguiling, and very sly woman. Just like Sabine.

I think someone somewhere suggested Megan Fox and I think she fits the role perfectly. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Xykon - Either Ralph Fiennes or Christopher Lee. Christopher Lee always plays the most unspeakably evil villains. Ralph Fiennes was the actor for Lord Voldemort, and is kind of quirkier than Christopher Lee.

Willem Dafoe: I know Christopher Lee can pull of the whole evil overlord thing but a large part of Xykon's character is comedy and as seen by his role as the Green Goblin, Dafoe could handle the role very well.

Elan/Nale - Either Paul Berget or James and Oliver Phelps. Paul Berget is a little known actor plays the lute. James and Oliver are two brilliant twin actors.

Neil Patrick Harris: he's more than displayed his talent for music to be Elan.

That Guy With a Halberd - Viggo Mortensen. He acted Aragorn in Lord of the Rings, the most awesome, baddass warrior in the whole trilogy.

So a nameless soldier (most likely just a redshirt) who only appeared in one strip (we can't know if other Azure City soldiers with halberds are that guy) should be played by a major Hollywood star?:smallannoyed:

Redcloak - Undecided

Hugo Weaving: He can play a intelligent and evil character easily.

Gray Mage
2010-08-27, 11:01 AM
Neil Patrick Harris: he's more than displayed his talent for music to be Elan.

NPH would make a great Elan.

What about Hinjo and co?

Edit: You could cast Samuel L Jackson as Roy's grandfather, tho.

Phishfood
2010-08-27, 11:29 AM
Also, we HAVE to get John Cleese in here somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas of who he could play?

Whacky dude with the cat!

"Oh, well I'll just have my best wizard teleport you there..." yeah I can see that as cleese.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-27, 11:44 AM
"The Asian chick"?!!?!???! What century are we living in? Seeing as how this is an unnecessarily duplicated thread anyway, can we bomb this racist discussion back to the stone age where it belongs?

aberratio ictus
2010-08-27, 12:02 PM
You know, "chick" is slang, and usually applied to woman regardless of their origin. It's surely not a very nice thing to be called, but why do you deem "Asian chick" to be racist?

Generally, Asian people aren't ashamed of being Asian and don't have any problems with being called Asian.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-27, 12:11 PM
why do you deem "Asian chick" to be racist?

Generally, Asian people aren't ashamed of being Asian and don't have any problems with being called Asian.

Because Maggie Q is not from Asia...

I don't want to turn this into a debate on the nature of racism... that's not thread (or maybe even board)-appropriate. But then again, that was my point exactly. Distinguishing people solely by the color of their skin and whatever abstract "race" you think goes along with it is not the direction we want to go, I don't think.

wightpower
2010-08-27, 12:29 PM
Because Maggie Q is not from Asia...

I don't want to turn this into a debate on the nature of racism... that's not thread (or maybe even board)-appropriate. But then again, that was my point exactly. Distinguishing people solely by the color of their skin and whatever abstract "race" you think goes along with it is not the direction we want to go, I don't think.

Fine. Asian American. Get over it. Also, Morgan Freeman as Roy's dad. I know, he usually plays a nice guy, but I think he's a pretty good actor, so he would easily be able to play more than one type of character. I think it would be interesting to see him be a total shmuck. And I had a thought, Emma Watson as Haley. I'm sure she has the talent to convey the character, and she still looks pretty good with her pixie cut. But theres still that accent to work out.....

aberratio ictus
2010-08-27, 03:58 PM
It is not racist to be mistaken. When I think some guy is African when he is, in fact, French, I'm not racist. He is, if he feels insulted by my mistake. I'm not judging others because of their origin, he is.

Back on topic: Actually, I would prefer Samuel L Jackson to Morgan Freeman in the role of Roy's dad. I think he would do a great job.

SMEE
2010-08-27, 04:25 PM
Please, continue the discussion on this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118986